Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women (23925 Views)

Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences / Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. / How I Stop Greeting The Elderly People Especially Women Irrespective On Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 7:35pm On Oct 16, 2022
Is it advisable for a lady of maybe 25 years to leave home immediately after NYSC just to save her self from foreseen pressures? I'm still an undergraduate. Will be round off in less than a year by the grace of God and may ASUU not embark on another strike. I've been thinking a lot these days, and I'm just not confident enough to face any pressure from families especially after NYSC.

To those who left home after NYSC, with no hope of where to go, how to start or what to do, were you able to scale through? Did you regret your decision?

Pls, share your experiences, especially if you are a lady who has experienced this. Thank you

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by JasonScoolari: 7:38pm On Oct 16, 2022
Dear Stargurl20,

Why are you putting yourself under unnecessary pressure? I won't advice you to do that, rather, I will advise you to stay with your family, save up while serving, and get busy with something that would take your mind off the "foreseen" pressure you talked about.... Good men will surely come, nah you go dey select them like who dey select Jigawa beans. Take your time and develop yourself while living with your parents.

At least, some popular evening newspaper in this forum are doing well for themselves, no matter how some guys laugh at them, there are still some Irredeemable SIMP's dying to wife them.

Don't be in a haste, don't be in any unnecessary pressure. Enjoy your life.

Thank you and remain blessed.

154 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by fman(m): 7:46pm On Oct 16, 2022
Start saving money...
So that after your NYSC, you can rent an apartment while u look for jobs..
Or better still, you meant be posted to a good establishment, that pays well.
Then u can retain and plan your future.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Decentdave(m): 7:48pm On Oct 16, 2022
After NYSC(Now your struggle Continues)..Life just start o,that's why I will advise you to do the following
*Learn a good handwork
*Sharpen ur computer skill,the world had gone digital
*Try and save (from your pocket money if possible and also from ur allowee)
*Wherever you are serving put in your best incase they may want to retain you
*Go for professional certifications(the ones u can afford)
Thanks .

24 Likes

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Nazgul: 7:55pm On Oct 16, 2022
If you're leaving home I'll advise that you get a job first so that you won't have to play the whóre in order to survive, cos staying alone and paying your bills all by yourself isn't something you should dive into until you're financially independent and ready...

In the meantime, you can continue to live with your parents, and when the pressure of marriage starts coming just sit them both down and tell them to allow you concentrate so you won't make a wrong choice.

Alternatively, you can give the most responsible admirer coming for you a chance, so that you both can get married after your youth service and build a home together rather than going back to your parents house.

The choice is yours.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by doggedfighter(f): 8:00pm On Oct 16, 2022
Start applying for jobs outside your state , once it clicks you move.

Start early .

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by culf: 9:53pm On Oct 16, 2022
1. Its not every family that put pressure on their daughter, what made you think your family will put pressure on you, my family don't and no one cares.

2. For whoever that want to pressurise another, distance won't be a barrier. its just to develop thick skin and make such person to know that their is time for everything and mounting pressure on people makes them do serious mistakes.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 9:58pm On Oct 16, 2022
culf:
1. Its not every family that put pressure on their daughter, what made you think your family will put pressure on you, my family don't and no one cares.

2. For whoever that want to pressurise another, distance won't be a barrier. its just to develop thick skin and make such person to know that their is time for everything and mounting pressure on people makes them do serious mistakes.

I foresee it, especially on marital issues

3 Likes

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Nicepoker(m): 10:03pm On Oct 16, 2022
That home you want to run from. You will go back to that same house with unwanted pregnancy. grin

13 Likes

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 10:07pm On Oct 16, 2022
Nicepoker:
That home you want to run from. You will go back to that same house with unwanted pregnancy. grin
Lol

3 Likes

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by culf: 10:51pm On Oct 16, 2022
Stargurl20:

I foresee it, especially on marital issues

you shouldn't assume that, I know a lot of parents that don't put pressure on their kids.

running won't solve anything, they have your number and they know your address, so they can visit anytime and continue from where they stop.

When it happen, make them understand, asked them, if they want you to rush, make mistakes and end up divorce? just calm them down and on your own, try to go into good relationship, when they see you in a good relationship, they won't pressure you but in all, never settle for less in the name of pressure, stand your ground but don't push them away, parents will always be parents

#What makes you believe you won't be married by next year?

(are you the first child or daughter).

4 Likes

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 11:08pm On Oct 16, 2022
culf:

you shouldn't assume that, I know a lot of parents that don't put pressure on their kids.

running won't solve anything, they have your number and they know your address, so they can visit anytime and continue from where they stop.

When it happen, make them understand, asked them, if they want you to rush, make mistakes and end up divorce? just calm them down and on your own, try to go into good relationship, when they see you in a good relationship, they won't pressure you but in all, never settle for less in the name of pressure, stand your ground but don't push them away, parents will always be parents

#What makes you believe you won't be married by next year?

(are you the first child or daughter).

Lol...married by next? Lol ... Don't crack me up pls.

I'm the first born of my mum and her only daughter. I've two younger brothers

1 Like

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by culf: 12:06am On Oct 17, 2022
Stargurl20:

Lol...married by next? Lol ... Don't crack me up pls.

I'm the first born of my mum and her only daughter. I've two younger brothers

no wonder! crack you up how? in life anything is possible. you can meet a guy you really fancy before end of the and may end up been married before end of next year. Never say never.

Only Daughter, too much petting and love! you will be shock she won't bother you. As only daughter, I believe she won't stress you, she might talk about it but she won't bother you much. You no get problem sef...by the time you will tell her 'mummy you want me to rush and do mistake', she will be the one apologising and telling you to take your time.

12 Likes

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 5:37am On Oct 17, 2022
culf:

no wonder! crack you up how? in life anything is possible. you can meet a guy you really fancy before end of the and may end up been married before end of next year. Never say never.

Only Daughter, too much petting and love! you will be shock she won't bother you. As only daughter, I believe she won't stress you, she might talk about it but she won't bother you much. You no get problem sef...by the time you will tell her 'mummy you want me to rush and do mistake', she will be the one apologising and telling you to take your time.
Too much petting kwa. Well, my own different o.... In fact, I sense my immediate younger bro to be my mum's fave sef. It's clear cut. Even when she scolds him, she scolds him with love

5 Likes

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by culf: 8:18am On Oct 17, 2022
Stargurl20:

Too much petting kwa. Well, my own different o.... In fact, I sense my immediate younger bro to be my mum's fave sef. It's clear cut. Even when she scolds him, she scolds him with love

don't be jealous jor, lol. I won't believe that though. she was probably being careful not to get you 'spoilt' as her only daughter.

4 Likes

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 8:59am On Oct 17, 2022
culf:

don't be jealous jor, lol. I won't believe that though. she was probably being careful not to get you 'spoilt' as her only daughter.
Lol... Yinmu. It's a clear thing. Although she's not mean to me, but I know she loves my immediate younger bro most

3 Likes

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by culf: 9:26am On Oct 17, 2022
Stargurl20:

Lol... Yinmu. It's a clear thing. Although she's not mean to me, but I know she loves my immediate younger bro most

you think so, you don't know so, you'll be shocked. Women usually have strong attachment to their first male child though.

9 Likes

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by HopeNeverDies: 9:30am On Oct 17, 2022
Don’t get old all in the name of marriage or pressure apartheid.

Tryna get yourself a relationship. Btw; what school u at?? wink

2 Likes

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by bukatyne(f): 9:53am On Oct 17, 2022
Stargurl20:
Is it advisable for a lady of maybe 25 years to leave home immediately after NYSC just to save her self from foreseen pressures? I'm still an undergraduate. Will be round off in less than a year by the grace of God and may ASUU not embark on another strike. I've been thinking a lot these days, and I'm just not confident enough to face any pressure from families especially after NYSC.

To those who left home after NYSC, with no hope of where to go, how to start or what to do, were you able to scale through? Did you regret your decision?

Pls, share your experiences, especially if you are a lady who has experienced this. Thank you

Do you think familiar pressure to get married (if it comes) is worse than pressure to sustain yourself without a source of income?

Don't throw unnecessary spanners into your life's journey.

Some detours are very difficult to right.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 11:12am On Oct 17, 2022
culf:

you think so, you don't know so, you'll be shocked. Women usually have strong attachment to their first male child though.
I guess that's why. But make I no lie, I feel bad at times, coz I feel I should be the most loved as her first and only daughter, but unfortunately, we do not always get what we want cool
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 11:13am On Oct 17, 2022
HopeNeverDies:
Don’t get old all in the name of marriage or pressure apartheid.

Tryna get yourself a relationship. Btw; what school u at?? wink
Fuoye
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by FalseProphet1(m): 11:15am On Oct 17, 2022
I see you getting pregnant before the end of this year, I you giving birth to 3plets.

This I have seen.

13 Likes

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by HopeNeverDies: 11:20am On Oct 17, 2022
Stargurl20:

Fuoye

Lol… for real shocked shocked shocked

I’m there too. Lol. When are u gonna resume?
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Sweetvie: 11:45am On Oct 17, 2022
Don't put pressure on urself
Just follow the flow smiley
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 12:25pm On Oct 17, 2022
HopeNeverDies:

Lol… for real shocked shocked shocked

I’m there too. Lol. When are u gonna resume?
Maybe next week
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by flexydote(m): 12:29pm On Oct 17, 2022
Na so my babe take call of our relationship of 1 year plus because she doesn't want to come back to our state after service.

She say since I never ready to marry her, she can't come back to start staying with Her parents and that Long distance relationship is a no no for her.

Ex babe said she will move to Abj or Lagos to start hustle. Na so I wish her God speed.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by ibechris(m): 12:34pm On Oct 17, 2022
After NYSC, I relied on the money I had saved during my University days added to my allowance,boom a new opportunity came and the rest was history.

U have to be strong and decide on how best to tow this new challenge...it is not always easy especially,pressure from men.

Goodluck.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by HopeNeverDies: 1:22pm On Oct 17, 2022
Stargurl20:

Maybe next week

Can I send u a mail?

Apparently; I don’t like school… I don’t even resume early. grin grin

If you wouldn’t mind; I can shoot u a text. Or PM u through your mail. Can I do that?
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 1:32pm On Oct 17, 2022
HopeNeverDies:

Can I send u a mail?

Apparently; I don’t like school… I don’t even resume early. grin grin

If you wouldn’t mind; I can shoot u a text. Or PM u through your mail. Can I do that?

I don't mind
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by HopeNeverDies: 1:46pm On Oct 17, 2022
Stargurl20:

I don't mind

I think it’s sent. ( a mail ). Maybe If u got it; Maybe if u don’t..
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 17, 2022
Well, even though I'm not from Nigeria and where I'm from we don't have something like NYSC after varsity, I used the monthly allowance I used to receive from both my family and bursary.

My monthly grocery was usually just R400 or R500 and the bursary was paying for my accommodation, fees, and books. So it was easy for me to save some good money from my first year, up until my final year, hence I was able to find an affordable place to stay after varsity.
Stargurl20:

6 Likes

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Starz825(m): 4:59pm On Oct 17, 2022
Stargurl20:

Lol
You sef know na
Que sera sera cheesy

Seriously speaking, You need to talk to your creator actually...
You need to pray for direction Stargurl20
You never can tell what's best...

Just put it in your prayers that any decision you make God should direct and favor you...
And don't worry much about it ...
Since it's not right now

*Everything will fall in place with time

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Elderly Man Heaps Praises On His Wife As She Arrives From Work (video) / Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women / Who Are The Real Middle Class In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.