Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women (24005 Views)

Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences / Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. / How I Stop Greeting The Elderly People Especially Women Irrespective On Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 18, 2022
Stargurl20:
Is it advisable for a lady of maybe 25 years to leave home immediately after NYSC just to save her self from foreseen pressures? I'm still an undergraduate. Will be round off in less than a year by the grace of God and may ASUU not embark on another strike. I've been thinking a lot these days, and I'm just not confident enough to face any pressure from families especially after NYSC.

To those who left home after NYSC, with no hope of where to go, how to start or what to do, were you able to scale through? Did you regret your decision?

Pls, share your experiences, especially if you are a lady who has experienced this. Thank you

let me just be honest with you, you are a lady and have no problem and should not worry about anything at all. if your families are not troubling you in any way, stay with them. save up, yes save up. you need enough money to start life. and more over you are a female, las las one man will put you inside house as his wife. but before that happens, save up enough cash for your self, start a business and think of how you will help the man who is going to marry you.

After service i did not return home, the road has not been easy. from afar family billings are still coming, but man dey chest am and run am.
if you are ok living with your family, my dear stay with them oh.

for person like that grew up with aunty, i japa after service..

4 Likes

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by wisdomeffiong(m): 4:53pm On Oct 18, 2022
sad grin cheesy
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Jalo60(m): 4:56pm On Oct 18, 2022
I will not encourage you to leave your parent's home immediately becos you are a Muslim lady, you should be prayerful for the best in your future endeavors and save your allowance during service + learn a skill.
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by culf: 5:01pm On Oct 18, 2022
Stargurl20:

Well, maybe you're right. Thank do much for your advice so far.

Hahahaha, you're funny jor, which advise, these are things you already know, you're welcome though. Nice conversing with you too.
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by johnfem321: 5:21pm On Oct 18, 2022
What is wrong with starting from
Somewhere with a guy graduating at the same time with her and build together with him ….I’m sure a lot of student in her class will be getting married soon?
VTJN:
Lol

She should marry a student who still get money from his parents?

U no try o

1 Like

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 18, 2022
Stargurl20:
Is it advisable for a lady of maybe 25 years to leave home immediately after NYSC just to save her self from foreseen pressures? I'm still an undergraduate. Will be round off in less than a year by the grace of God and may ASUU not embark on another strike. I've been thinking a lot these days, and I'm just not confident enough to face any pressure from families especially after NYSC.

To those who left home after NYSC, with no hope of where to go, how to start or what to do, were you able to scale through? Did you regret your decision?

Pls, share your experiences, especially if you are a lady who has experienced this. Thank you
nobody will pressure you #dumbass
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by marvy7: 5:35pm On Oct 18, 2022
Hello stargaul20, I hope u get to read this, I will say u are smart and wise to already anticipate what can come next when u are finally done with school from ur parents and environment, people usually underestimate these things, hence when the reality comes on them they crumble under pressure. So its a wise out look for urself.
To be honest with u leaving home isn't the best especially for a lady in this Nigeria of today except if u are properly employed. Emphasis on 'properly', I don't mean any job that would just keep body and soul together, it's harder to maintain ur self as a woman when compared to men.
So I would advice this, begin to prepare urself for what u would want to do after NYSC, furthering education, learning a skill or getting a certification that can aid in becoming gainfully employed or self sufficient... The pressure from them would most likely come bt if u have sth u are really occupied with it would be easy to deflect u would also work on building a thick skin for it....
I like ur outlook for a man u seem more keen on the personality of the person than material possession the man might posses,I would say I hope u also understand u have to position ur self too for u to meet such man...I pray God grants u ur heart desires.

3 Likes

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Froshloaded: 5:38pm On Oct 18, 2022
Stargurl20:

Aww
See my Iseyin Camp kiss cry
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by mirousmart: 5:44pm On Oct 18, 2022
Enter service first.
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 5:55pm On Oct 18, 2022
Abba114:
nobody will pressure you #dumbass
Must you insult me?
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 5:55pm On Oct 18, 2022
culf:

Hahahaha, you're funny jor, which advise, these are things you already know, you're welcome though. Nice conversing with you too.

Your face show, your show shine cool
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 6:11pm On Oct 18, 2022
godfrey02:

let me just be honest with you, you are a lady and have no problem and should not worry about anything at all. if your families are not troubling you in any way, stay with them. save up, yes save up. you need enough money to start life. and more over you are a female, las las one man will put you inside house as his wife. but before that happens, save up enough cash for your self, start a business and think of how you will help the man who is going to marry you.

After service i did not return home, the road has not been easy. from afar family billings are still coming, but man dey chest am and run am.
if you are ok living with your family, my dear stay with them oh.

for person like that grew up with aunty, i japa after service..

Ok o
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 6:13pm On Oct 18, 2022
seanwilliam:

stargurl20 please don’t fall for the bolded. This person will never agree if his 25 years old son brings home a 35 years old woman for marriage. hypocrisy at peak!..

As you’re developing yourself, ensure you’re considering relationship too. All of dem commenters fit no one tell you the truth just to make you positive but the reality is that the older you get as a woman the lower the chances of finding your taste of man.

As you’re husling , I’ll implore you to give chance to a man who you deem serious so you both can build future together( I pray God gives you a discerning spirit too). And be of good character, that’s what 90% of men neeed. They don’t need your MONEY atleast for me. The money you’re chasing is mostly for yourself trust me.

I’ll also advice you to remain in your parents’ house,
It has a lot of advantages trust me. See the reality is there’s high chances of you turning to a whôre if you stay alone as woman without financial capacity. Paying bills single-handedly is not easy o, ha.

Also our society frown at single women living on their own, they see them as WHÔRE And there’s high chances of you becoming a single mother if you choose that path because men will have easy access to you ( no matter how smart you think you are) and most of them might just be after your body.

Just ensure you learn lucrative skills and contribute to the financial needs of the house, and SAVE to invest.
You will know when it’s the right time to move.

Pele aduke
Thank you. Do you know me personally? Was the name, Aduke you mentioned coincidental?
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by culf: 6:48pm On Oct 18, 2022
Stargurl20:

Your face show, your show shine cool
na your back i dey na, I loyal ooo, your boy is loyal!
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by seanwilliam(m): 6:48pm On Oct 18, 2022
Stargurl20:

Thank you. Do you know me personally? Was the name, Aduke you mentioned coincidental?
Send me a dm to find out
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 6:52pm On Oct 18, 2022
marvy7:
Hello stargaul20, I hope u get to read this, I will say u are smart and wise to already anticipate what can come next when u are finally done with school from ur parents and environment, people usually underestimate these things, hence when the reality comes on them they crumble under pressure. So its a wise out look for urself.
To be honest with u leaving home isn't the best especially for a lady in this Nigeria of today except if u are properly employed. Emphasis on 'properly', I don't mean any job that would just keep body and soul together, it's harder to maintain ur self as a woman when compared to men.
So I would advice this, begin to prepare urself for what u would want to do after NYSC, furthering education, learning a skill or getting a certification that can aid in becoming gainfully employed or self sufficient... The pressure from them would most likely come bt if u have sth u are really occupied with it would be easy to deflect u would also work on building a thick skin for it....
I like ur outlook for a man u seem more keen on the personality of the person than material possession the man might posses,I would say I hope u also understand u have to position ur self too for u to meet such man...I pray God grants u ur heart desires.
Aameen. Thank you so much
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 6:53pm On Oct 18, 2022
seanwilliam:

Send me a dm to find out
Toor
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 6:53pm On Oct 18, 2022
culf:

na your back i dey na, I loyal ooo, your boy is loyal!

Your girl is even more loyal cool
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by snoopz: 7:03pm On Oct 18, 2022
When i finished in Oct, 2020, went home finally in dec, when i got home, i told my mama one of my friends that just finished is not leaving as he doesn't want to return home, my mama said had it been It was me, she for don drive down to osun her self to bundle me back home grin grin, 2 months later naso i move come lag
My advice, learn a skill, develop your self and meet people during service, so that when that last salary of 66k enter, you won't start thinking of where the next income will come from

1 Like

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by culf: 7:04pm On Oct 18, 2022
Stargurl20:

Your girl is even more loyal cool

if I hear, my 2 hands dey up for you ooo. double twale to her royal Highness stargurl20.
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by VTJN(m): 7:20pm On Oct 18, 2022
johnfem321:
What is wrong with starting from
Somewhere with a guy graduating at the same time with her and build together with him ….I’m sure a lot of student in her class will be getting married soon?
Lol

All my set who graduated last two years are yet to find our bearing even those doing cyber fraud (Yahoo) none is getting married in the next 5 years considering our economy and the situation of things right now

5 girls out of 12 are married to an already made men. Some are rich while some are comfortable doing pretty fine

Some of them met these guys while they're still schooling while some met them while serving

It is not encouraging for a girl to date her age mate (especially in education)

Life is obviously hard for guys especially those from poor background so you expect such a guy to be dating with his condition?

The girl will either grow old or die in poverty if she ever think of following her mate

Even if a girl will ever follow a student then it should be someone ahead of her with at least 2 or 3 years in school. Not just only that but the guy must be up and doing with promising future

I can never advice my sister or female friends to follow their mate in school as their husband to be

Not even in this present Nigeria that we are

3 Likes

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Tonytonex(m): 7:31pm On Oct 18, 2022
Nazgul:
If you're leaving home I'll advise that you get a job first so that you won't have to play the whóre in order to survive, cos staying alone and paying your bills all by yourself isn't something you should dive into until you're financially independent and ready...

In the meantime, you can continue to live with your parents, and when the pressure of marriage starts coming just sit them both down and tell them to allow you concentrate so you won't make a wrong choice.

Alternatively, you can give the most responsible admirer coming for you a chance, so that you both can get married after your youth service and build a home together rather than going back to your parents house.

The choice is yours.
they want already made man.
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by HolyMan12: 7:42pm On Oct 18, 2022
Stargurl20:

Attach yourself to a God fearing penis and leave your father's house grin
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Clinghton: 8:10pm On Oct 18, 2022
Responsible parents wouldn't do such knowing how vulnerable females are in our society.
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by pocohantas(f): 8:21pm On Oct 18, 2022
bukatyne:

Do you think familiar pressure to get married (if it comes) is worse than pressure to sustain yourself without a source of income?

Don't throw unnecessary spanners into your life's journey.

Some detours are very difficult to right.

grin grin grin She wasn’t informed.
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 18, 2022
Stargurl20:

Don't let your family mount pressure on you to the extent of you moving out oh. Tell them you are trying to find your feet. Don't move in with any boyfriend too.

Nigerian parents need to do better.
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 8:54pm On Oct 18, 2022
culf:

if I hear, my 2 hands dey up for you ooo. double twale to her royal Highness stargurl20.
Lol ... Your majesty cool
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by DreamSonInlaw(m): 8:56pm On Oct 18, 2022
JasonScoolari:
Dear Stargurl20,

Why are you putting yourself under unnecessary pressure? I won't advice you to do that, rather, I will advise you to stay with your family, save up while serving, and get busy with something that would take your mind off the "foreseen" pressure you talked about.... Good men will surely come, nah you go dey select them like who dey select Jigawa beans. Take your time and develop yourself while living with your parents.

At least, some popular evening newspaper in this forum are doing well for themselves, no matter how some guys laugh at them, there are still some Irredeemable SIMP's dying to wife them.

Don't be in a haste, don't be in any unnecessary pressure. Enjoy your life.

Thank you and remain blessed.

��� how Jigawa beans dey be?
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Elidrisy20: 8:56pm On Oct 18, 2022
Stargurl20:

I don't get
never mind
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 8:57pm On Oct 18, 2022
VTJN:
Lol

All my set who graduated last two years are yet to find our bearing even those doing cyber fraud (Yahoo) none is getting married in the next 5 years considering our economy and the situation of things right now

5 girls out of 12 are married to an already made men. Some are rich while some are comfortable doing pretty fine

Some of them met these guys while they're still schooling while some met them while serving

It is not encouraging for a girl to date her age mate (especially in education)

Life is obviously hard for guys especially those from poor background so you expect such a guy to be dating with his condition?

The girl will either grow old or die in poverty if she ever think of following her mate

Even if a girl will ever follow a student then it should be someone ahead of her with at least 2 or 3 years in school. Not just only that but the guy must be up and doing with promising future

I can never advice my sister or female friends to follow their mate in school as their husband to be

Not even in this present Nigeria that we are
But na una go still say person dey look for already made man.

1 Like

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 8:58pm On Oct 18, 2022
Wo, I just wish marriage isn't a necessity jare. I just tire.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obituary Of Father And Son Who Died After Brief Illness (Photo) / Nigerian Couple Dance After Welcoming A Child After 8 Years Of Waiting (photos) / ''My Wife Killed Our Child, Hypnotised And Poisoned Me''

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.