Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,429 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women (24021 Views)

Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences / Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. / How I Stop Greeting The Elderly People Especially Women Irrespective On Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by upuphim(m): 9:02am On Oct 19, 2022
Get yourself trained on Pwan Group real estate business such that after NYSC, you must have created good awareness and well known for a consistent patronage. You can reach me on comoli2009@gmail.com for details of our training centre close to you.
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by culf: 9:04am On Oct 19, 2022
Stargurl20:

Lol

hmmm, you're laughing at me appreciating you or being honest, which one? I know most ladies don't like truth and I pray you don't join that list, after all, you're royalty not just a Lady.
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 9:22am On Oct 19, 2022
culf:

hmmm, you're laughing at me appreciating you or being honest, which one? I know most ladies don't like truth and I pray you don't join that list, after all, you're royalty not just a Lady.
Maybe it's because I don't flatter myself
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 9:23am On Oct 19, 2022
juman:

How are you going to be feeding yourself?
First get atleast small job before moving out.
Teaching job is lucrative, you can get hundreds of thousands per month if you are really active.

If not you will be forced to sell your body to pay bills.
Yes, I intend on getting job, and not over selective with their pays
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 9:34am On Oct 19, 2022
omosefeeguaibor:
Well I had to post on this thread because this was exactly my case as at four years after my p.o.p, note i come from a very strict background where as a girl you can never pass the night out, except under your father's roof, and to be honest, my parent's house was quite comfortable to stay, however it was a case of too comfortable for my liking.

And i made up my mind during service that never ever will I return home after NYSC, till I made it. lt sounds funny � thinking about it now, but back then it was pretty much tough.

So what I did was this I saved money, I mean 19.8k then I saved, and I sent part of my money to my parent lol to show off that I was fine without their help, even though the reality was different.

Also note that during my service year I never asked them for any financial help I wanted to send an indirect message that I was doing fine without their input, and that worked.

And lastly after service, I went back to my former hostel when I was still in uni and lived with the most amazing friend I could never trade for anything, this lady believed in my dream and helped me grow, my dear there was nothing I didn't venture into(legit oo) from learning to work with cars, I was a female mechanic, remembered how people laughed at me chaii! to learning decor and catering services, to selling different items, well it was one hell of a journey but I never returned home, all because I wanted to make them proud.

I remember countless times my dad and mom will threaten me even my siblings to return home I simply like my independence hence I ignored the threats... looking back today, I did not regret any of my actions I made, I was able to save up and with the help of my friend turned sis.. I left the shores of naija and its been a better journey moving forward. All I can say is make sure you're convinced you are doing the right thing, and be focused and above all hold God true, He will surely give you a safe landing. I do hope my story inspires.
Wow! Thank you so much, ma'am. I really learnt a lot from this. I've small cash from the scholarship I'm currently on, but I'm confused on what to invest in cause I do not want to jeopardize my studies along the line. So, I'm going to be fixing the money, including the one I will be receiving in my finals by God's grace and wait until Nysc before investing. Also wish to japa, but where money dey? Lol cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by johnfem321: 10:20am On Oct 19, 2022
Sure you have hope.. don’t focus your thought and energy on negative thought.. you should believe you will find your own man and have a happy marriage..forget say woman plenty.. I’m sure you know there are thousand of people getting married every weekend.. the ladies are not more better or beautiful than you.. just be approachable, don’t deceive yourself by using work or money to compensate for not getting married, most especially pray, God answers prayer.. Yes marriage is a necessity for a happy and fruitful life…
Stargurl20:

As if I get hope after sch sef. Women don plenty pass men. Honestly, I wonder why marriage is a necessity. I for no stress myself. A these stories of couples pretending to be happy while going through a hell gan is enough. Me I no just get strength for wahala
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by cayorday89(m): 10:21am On Oct 19, 2022
Stargurl20:
Is it advisable for a lady of maybe 25 years to leave home immediately after NYSC just to save her self from foreseen pressures? I'm still an undergraduate. Will be round off in less than a year by the grace of God and may ASUU not embark on another strike. I've been thinking a lot these days, and I'm just not confident enough to face any pressure from families especially after NYSC.

To those who left home after NYSC, with no hope of where to go, how to start or what to do, were you able to scale through? Did you regret your decision?

Pls, share your experiences, especially if you are a lady who has experienced this. Thank you

You should know the kind of family/parents you have, I knew mine but they had a surprise for me, they started talking marriage and I was only surprised because it was a crime seeing me with male friends not to talk of females, well I put then in their place and focused on how I can survive independently without relying on anyone..

Save from your allawee and if you are able to make side money, it should help and don't think of getting your apartment immediately because doing that will still make you pressure yourself due to endless bills. Be intentional about who you date, as for jobs, you could be lucky and if it comes good take time to move out and be on your own, live your life and take things one step at a time.

1 Like

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Trabaye: 10:29am On Oct 19, 2022
fman:
Start saving money...
So that after your NYSC, you can rent an apartment while u look for jobs..
Or better still, you meant be posted to a good establishment, that pays well.
Then u can retain and plan your future.

Imagine see advice. Make she go rent house wey e never sure if job or business will come early or late. Make she dey her papa house till she's sure of herself. Country hard pass that one wey you talk o.

1 Like

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 10:51am On Oct 19, 2022
johnfem321:
Sure you have hope.. don’t focus your thought and energy on negative thought.. you should believe you will find your own man and have a happy marriage..forget say woman plenty.. I’m sure you know there are thousand of people getting married every weekend.. the ladies are not more better or beautiful than you.. just be approachable, don’t deceive yourself by using work or money to compensate for not getting married, most especially pray, God answers prayer.. Yes marriage is a necessity for a happy and fruitful life…
I wonder why people think one is being negative when one is just being realistic. Thanks for the advice
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 10:51am On Oct 19, 2022
cayorday89:

You should know the kind of family/parents you have, I knew mine but they had a surprise for me, they started talking marriage and I was only surprised because it was a crime seeing me with male friends not to talk of females, well I put then in their place and focused on how I can survive independently without relying on anyone..

Save from your allawee and if you are able to make side money, it should help and don't think of getting your apartment immediately because doing that will still make you pressure yourself due to endless bills. Be intentional about who you date, as for jobs, you could be lucky and if it comes good take time to move out and be on your own, live your life and take things one step at a time.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by juman(m): 11:09am On Oct 19, 2022
Stargurl20:

Yes, I intend on getting job, and not over selective with their pays

Good to go.
Good luck to you.

1 Like

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by culf: 11:22am On Oct 19, 2022
Stargurl20:

Maybe it's because I don't flatter myself

am I flattering you?

Its good not to flatter oneself too much but sincere flatter or let's use praise, is good once in awhile.

1 Like

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 11:24am On Oct 19, 2022
culf:

am I flattering you?

Its good not to flatter oneself too much but sincere flatter or let's use praise, is good once in awhile.
Hmm
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by culf: 11:50am On Oct 19, 2022
Stargurl20:
Hmm
what's is it my Royal Highness? let me hear it please or am I wrong?
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 2:12pm On Oct 19, 2022
culf:

what's is it my Royal Highness? let me hear it please or am I wrong?

You're not wrong. I'm only acknowledging your majesty's words cool
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by ashewoboy(m): 3:50pm On Oct 19, 2022
HopeNeverDies:

Lol… for real shocked shocked shocked

I’m there too. Lol. When are u gonna resume?

He fit dey lie like that?cheesy. @stargurl20. He is lying.
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by ashewoboy(m): 4:00pm On Oct 19, 2022
youngZee23:
See the way people are rushing to advice,if na boy now..u go see insults upon insults..hmm this life eh

Think say na guy. Na why I quickly view the thread. Make them advice boy too. Woman nor get problem. Na marriage she suppose dey think after nysc. Man wey go take up all her financial responsibilities. She be good girl, na why she dey bother like this. Awon omo to bad sabi wetin dey happen. During nysc, them don get wealthy man wey dey pay their bills. After nysc like this, wedding immediately. No time.

Be feminine. You too go and read ubunja's miseducationcheesy.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by ashewoboy(m): 4:08pm On Oct 19, 2022
Aguilar:
It's all grace o. Person wey go help you no go stress you. My pop is next month and i've already secured a job at a government hospital and i'm paying all of my bills at that same age of 25. It's as if God already prepared this place for me. What more can i ask for? God dey o.

How did you do it? What did you study? Government institutions don't accept awaiting result.
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by ashewoboy(m): 4:18pm On Oct 19, 2022
johnfem321:
So you have given up on finding husband while you are still in school.. shey na when you finish school you wan get your on husband.. you better find husband in school before you graduate.. the pressure is necessary.. you are no more a kid

This advice ehn. Women don't learn. Them nor know say them get wall. Marry in your prime.
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by ashewoboy(m): 4:20pm On Oct 19, 2022
pinkygurl:

After NYSC my elder sibling moved straight to her husband’s house .Lols. Printing wedding cards, doing wedding shopping, etc based on say the husband don set already grin
A lot of female friends posted to Lag and Abuja after NYSC just rented apartments there & started looking for jobs straight . A friend met her husband at her place of work , & got married soon after. Another started an eatery, met her husband in church, got married , and JAPA -ed with her hubby few months after.

@mi sha, after NYSC, l just booked the next available flight to a new life in Australia immediately to begin my masters , having secured admission & processed visa months earlier. I do not regret my decision.

You had the financial wherewithal. She doesn't have that. What do you advise? Make she go marry wealthy man. She is at the wall already.
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by ashewoboy(m): 4:21pm On Oct 19, 2022
mzeepositive:
I REFLECTED ON THIS BACK IN 200 LEVEL AS A RESULTS OF WHAT I HEARD ON A FAITHFUL SATURDAY EVENING AROUND 6:45PM PRECISELY, ON MY WAY HOME AFTER A MARATHON READING “ A GUY DISCUSSING WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND THAT HE HIS ABOUT ROUNDING UP BUT THE THOUGHT OF LIFE AFTER SCHOOL IS TAKING A TOLL ON HIM”

MAN MY OWN CAME WITH HEAVY RESPONSIBILITY & DEPRESSION BUT GOD INTERVENED AND THANK GOD I LISTENED: HE GAVE ME OVER A 100% INCREMENTS BOTH FINANCIALLY AND MENTALLY “PEACE LIKE A RIVER”

You have not said anything.
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 4:23pm On Oct 19, 2022
ashewoboy:

He fit dey lie like that?cheesy. @stargurl20. He is lying.
Lol he's not cheesy
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by ashewoboy(m): 4:26pm On Oct 19, 2022
IamMobisola:

No matter what you do, please and please try and SAVE MONEY from your allowances(Nysc and work place) when you start service. It will help you a lot. Try not to allow material things get into your mindset at this stage, it will help you with a good saving habit.

That’s what I did and what helped me to start my importation business when I almost rounded up my service. It’s been 2 years since I graduated from the university and I have never asked for a dime from my parents, siblings or anyone. Having two sources of income has made me financially independent and disciplined in my dealings.

Please ooo, life is too evil to be under any one’s mercy financially.

One last thing, learn an IT skill if you haven’t

How much do you want to save from 33 thousand? You will not feed? Abeg. This advice of save during nysc dey annoy me.
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by IamMobisola(f): 5:08pm On Oct 19, 2022
ashewoboy:

How much do you want to save from 33 thousand? You will not feed? Abeg. This advice of save during nysc dey annoy me.

I did, tons of other people did.
I said TRY. I didn’t say it’s a must.
There are many people that were lucky to serve in the same state as their residence, so accommodation and feeding is already sorted even transport sef because your parents can still give you that one
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Aguilar(m): 5:22pm On Oct 19, 2022
ashewoboy:

How did you do it? What did you study? Government institutions don't accept awaiting result.
omo the story long
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Davidofzy: 6:24pm On Oct 19, 2022
Check your mail

quote author=Stargurl20 post=117616502]Is it advisable for a lady of maybe 25 years to leave home immediately after NYSC just to save her self from foreseen pressures? I'm still an undergraduate. Will be round off in less than a year by the grace of God and may ASUU not embark on another strike. I've been thinking a lot these days, and I'm just not confident enough to face any pressure from families especially after NYSC.

To those who left home after NYSC, with no hope of where to go, how to start or what to do, were you able to scale through? Did you regret your decision?

Pls, share your experiences, especially if you are a lady who has experienced this. Thank you[/quote]
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by ashewoboy(m): 6:37pm On Oct 19, 2022
Aguilar:
omo the story long

Share the story. Let us learn.
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by ashewoboy(m): 6:38pm On Oct 19, 2022
Stargurl20:

Lol he's not cheesy

You have seen his picture? That is btw though. Shey you are a pretty babe?cheesy. If you are pretty, reply my mail.
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by ashewoboy(m): 6:42pm On Oct 19, 2022
IamMobisola:

I did, tons of other people did.
I said TRY. I didn’t say it’s a must.
There are many people that were lucky to serve in the same state as their residence, so accommodation and feeding is already sorted even transport sef because your parents can still give you

The exception. Now you are talking.
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 6:47pm On Oct 19, 2022
ashewoboy:

You have seen his picture? That is btw though. Shey you are a pretty babe?cheesy. If you are pretty, reply my mail.

No. I'm not a pretty babe.
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by DreamSonInlaw(m): 8:34pm On Oct 19, 2022
culf:

lol...thank you boss Mi, they are still good guys around just that they are not usually as conspicuous as the players and I think you're one yourself.
Bros, try oooo, they are still good ones out there(and I think my lady here is one. Truly, they are good ladies here but you will never know, most of them are usually quiet because of the unfriendly nature of this place now), try and its good to start on time too even as a guy.
Have a good day sir

Oh thanks chief. I have been following nairaland for years (because of the werey wey full here grin) I don't engage a lot though, the few times I have..I found out there are amazing people; you & one girl like that.

I am a firm believer that good girls abound. Thanks for your kind words..I want arrange one or two before I get out there..almost there.
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by culf: 11:57pm On Oct 19, 2022
DreamSonInlaw:

Oh thanks chief. I have been following nairaland for years (because of the werey wey full here grin) I don't engage a lot though, the few times I have..I found out there are amazing people; you & one girl like that.

I am a firm believer that good girls abound. Thanks for your kind words..I want arrange one or two before I get out there..almost there.

nice and thanks bro, you're an amazing guy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mother Abandons Her HIV-Positive Baby On Benin Road (Photos) / If Your Grandma Slaps Your Mum In Your Presence What Will You Do? / How to parent a Stubborn Ward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.