Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,731 members, 7,831,330 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women (24018 Views)

Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences / Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. / How I Stop Greeting The Elderly People Especially Women Irrespective On Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by VTJN(m): 9:03pm On Oct 18, 2022
Stargurl20:

But na una go still say person dey look for already made man.
Not me

I'm not one of them..

Even if a girl is not lucky with already made man, it's not an excuse to go after her school mate

I won't encourage that
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by ILEMUDA(m): 9:07pm On Oct 18, 2022
HopeNeverDies:

Can I send u a mail?

Apparently; I don’t like school… I don’t even resume early. grin grin

If you wouldn’t mind; I can shoot u a text. Or PM u through your mail. Can I do that?
Una won dey knack from nairaland enter school grin grin grin
Sharpp Guy
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by omosefeeguaibor(f): 9:11pm On Oct 18, 2022
Well I had to post on this thread because this was exactly my case as at four years after my p.o.p, note i come from a very strict background where as a girl you can never pass the night out, except under your father's roof, and to be honest, my parent's house was quite comfortable to stay, however it was a case of too comfortable for my liking.

And i made up my mind during service that never ever will I return home after NYSC, till I made it. lt sounds funny � thinking about it now, but back then it was pretty much tough.

So what I did was this I saved money, I mean 19.8k then I saved, and I sent part of my money to my parent lol to show off that I was fine without their help, even though the reality was different.

Also note that during my service year I never asked them for any financial help I wanted to send an indirect message that I was doing fine without their input, and that worked.

And lastly after service, I went back to my former hostel when I was still in uni and lived with the most amazing friend I could never trade for anything, this lady believed in my dream and helped me grow, my dear there was nothing I didn't venture into(legit oo) from learning to work with cars, I was a female mechanic, remembered how people laughed at me chaii! to learning decor and catering services, to selling different items, well it was one hell of a journey but I never returned home, all because I wanted to make them proud.

I remember countless times my dad and mom will threaten me even my siblings to return home I simply like my independence hence I ignored the threats... looking back today, I did not regret any of my actions I made, I was able to save up and with the help of my friend turned sis.. I left the shores of naija and its been a better journey moving forward. All I can say is make sure you're convinced you are doing the right thing, and be focused and above all hold God true, He will surely give you a safe landing. I do hope my story inspires.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by DreamSonInlaw(m): 9:18pm On Oct 18, 2022
culf:

no wonder! crack you up how? in life anything is possible. you can meet a guy you really fancy before end of the and may end up been married before end of next year. Never say never.

Only Daughter, too much petting and love! you will be shock she won't bother you. As only daughter, I believe she won't stress you, she might talk about it but she won't bother you much. You no get problem sef...by the time you will tell her 'mummy you want me to rush and do mistake', she will be the one apologising and telling you to take your time.

Sugar boy. The way you dey talk sweet sweet so..you sure no be you go be the guy she fancy?
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by DreamSonInlaw(m): 9:20pm On Oct 18, 2022
Stargurl20:

Lol... Yinmu. It's a clear thing. Although she's not mean to me, but I know she loves my immediate younger bro most

Toh why you want make e be you? Why not him? �
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 9:21pm On Oct 18, 2022
VTJN:
Not me

I'm not one of them..

Even if a girl is not lucky with already made man, it's not an excuse to go after her school mate

I won't encourage that

I'm not even after already made man. Once I see you're not lazy, you're relentless, you're with prospect, and I feel something for you, and sense the feeling is mutual ( coz I wouldn't force myself on who doesn't love me), I will turn mumu for you o....

Some of them blaming these women for looking for already made man wouldn't even withstand their daughters considering a civil servant. Let them keep ranting. I know most of them are young guys. Let's wait until to start having children, doing responsibilities expected of them, train their children, and when they're of age, they went and bring some wretched men home to them. I wish their reactions are what we could see

3 Likes

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 9:23pm On Oct 18, 2022
DreamSonInlaw:

Toh why you want make e be you? Why not him? �

Lol.... Every child wants to be its parents beloved
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by AdeoyeAdefemi: 10:17pm On Oct 18, 2022
My younger sis said "Bro, you were once my role model but I don't think I want to be like you again. She also advised me to start doing yahoo grin. Well, I'm grateful the story is gradually changing.

1 Like

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by culf: 11:14pm On Oct 18, 2022
DreamSonInlaw:

Sugar boy. The way you dey talk sweet sweet so..you sure no be you go be the guy she fancy?

naaaa, she deserve better, she will get a brand new fresh guy, I'm taken and old fashion.
Who knows, it might be you, after all you're a 'dream son in law', only don't break her heart else I will come for you... lol.
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by culf: 11:16pm On Oct 18, 2022
Stargurl20:
Lol ... Your majesty cool
we made front page you know... cheers to that my royal Highness!
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 6:35am On Oct 19, 2022
culf:

we made front page you know... cheers to that my royal Highness!
Lol... I never knew your majesty. Cheers cool
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 6:38am On Oct 19, 2022
culf:

naaaa, she deserve better, she will get a brand new fresh guy, I'm taken and old fashion.
Who knows, it might be you, after all you're a 'dream son in law', only don't break her heart else I will come for you... lol.
Lol
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by R0LL0N(m): 6:47am On Oct 19, 2022
Nicepoker:
That home you want to run from. You will go back to that same house with unwanted pregnancy. grin

She is not a baby, you are referring to a graduate. Most unwanted preg are link to under 18s
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by DreamSonInlaw(m): 7:13am On Oct 19, 2022
culf:

Ah you be correct guy oh! I can hear dem ladies say; ' why are all the good guys taken'?.

I no sure say i get time for women matter now.
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by culf: 7:14am On Oct 19, 2022
Stargurl20:

Lol

good morning her royal Highness? Its no laughing matter oooo, they think I'm sweet mouthing but I'm only being truthful. you deserve the best and you will get the best.
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by DreamSonInlaw(m): 7:16am On Oct 19, 2022
Stargurl20:

Lol.... Every child wants to be its parents beloved

I am mines...maybe na why I get blind spot there.

This one wey you say u no like school, hope you get your PVC sha grin
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by culf: 7:17am On Oct 19, 2022
Stargurl20:

Lol... I never knew your majesty. Cheers cool

I noticed it yesterday! how is her royal Highness this morning, the one and only stargurl20, your boy is still very loyal. Have a remarkable day ahead!
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by culf: 7:28am On Oct 19, 2022
DreamSonInlaw:

Ah you be correct guy oh! I can hear dem ladies say; ' why are all the good guys taken'?.

I no sure say i get time for women matter now.

lol...thank you boss Mi, they are still good guys around just that they are not usually as conspicuous as the players and I think you're one yourself.
Bros, try oooo, they are still good ones out there(and I think my lady here is one. Truly, they are good ladies here but you will never know, most of them are usually quiet because of the unfriendly nature of this place now), try and its good to start on time too even as a guy.
Have a good day sir
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 7:56am On Oct 19, 2022
culf:

good morning her royal Highness? Its no laughing matter oooo, they think I'm sweet mouthing but I'm only being truthful. you deserve the best and you will get the best.

Good morning, your majesty. cool thank so much. I sincerely appreciate you.
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 7:56am On Oct 19, 2022
DreamSonInlaw:

I am mines...maybe na why I get blind spot there.

This one wey you say u no like school, hope you get your PVC sha grin
Lol....
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 7:58am On Oct 19, 2022
culf:

I noticed it yesterday! how is her royal Highness this morning, the one and only stargurl20, your boy is still very loyal. Have a remarkable day ahead!

My boy? Oh come on, sir. It's time you stopped this modesty. Too much modesty is a sin.
Good morning, majesty. I'm fine, you?
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 8:00am On Oct 19, 2022
R0LL0N:

She is not a baby, you are referring to a graduate. Most unwanted preg are link to under 18s
I'm still an undergraduate. But his comment is actually funny though cool
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by culf: 8:18am On Oct 19, 2022
Stargurl20:

My boy? Oh come on, sir. It's time you stopped this modesty. Too much modesty is a sin.
Good morning, majesty. I'm fine, you?

Hahahahaha. modesty ke, I'm actually very loyal, my Royal Highness.

I'm OK, thank God and thank you too.
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by culf: 8:21am On Oct 19, 2022
Stargurl20:

Good morning, your majesty. cool thank so much. I sincerely appreciate you.

you're welcome your Highness and you're highly appreciated from here too. God bless you for us.
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 8:33am On Oct 19, 2022
culf:

Hahahahaha. modesty ke, I'm actually very loyal, my Royal Highness.

I'm OK, thank God and thank you too.
Lol
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 8:34am On Oct 19, 2022
culf:

you're welcome your Highness and you're highly appreciated from here too. God bless you for us.
Aameen. God bless u too cool
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 8:46am On Oct 19, 2022
johnfem321:
So you have given up on finding husband while you are still in school.. shey na when you finish school you wan get your on husband.. you better find husband in school before you graduate.. the pressure is necessary.. you are no more a kid
As if I get hope after sch sef. Women don plenty pass men. Honestly, I wonder why marriage is a necessity. I for no stress myself. A these stories of couples pretending to be happy while going through a hell gan is enough. Me I no just get strength for wahala
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 8:48am On Oct 19, 2022
juman:
How are you going to pay the house rent and other bills except you get job first.

If I fit squat with person....
I don't know why, the pressure I foresee is something I feel I may not survive. I no like wahala
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 8:49am On Oct 19, 2022
Jalo60:
I will not encourage you to leave your parent's home immediately becos you are a Muslim lady, you should be prayerful for the best in your future endeavors and save your allowance during service + learn a skill.
Pls sir, why can't a Muslim lady leaves her parents house? I'm sincerely asking.
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 8:57am On Oct 19, 2022
Elidrisy20:
never mind
I don't understand your point of commenting ngbayen
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by culf: 9:00am On Oct 19, 2022
Stargurl20:
Aameen. God bless u too cool
amen and thank you Mi lady, her royal Highness and the one and only Stargurl
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by juman(m): 9:02am On Oct 19, 2022
Stargurl20:

If I fit squat with person....
I don't know why, the pressure I foresee is something I feel I may not survive. I no like wahala

How are you going to be feeding yourself?
First get atleast small job before moving out.
Teaching job is lucrative, you can get hundreds of thousands per month if you are really active.

If not you will be forced to sell your body to pay bills.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

''My Wife Killed Our Child, Hypnotised And Poisoned Me'' / A Man Shares His Encounter With A Hungry Stranger / Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.