Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,117 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Yusuf Datti: Atiku Is An Ethnic Bigot, Can’t Unify PDP, Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yusuf Datti: Atiku Is An Ethnic Bigot, Can’t Unify PDP, Nigeria (15845 Views)

Bode George: If We Can’t Unify PDP, No Guarantee Atiku Will Unite Nigeria / New Photos Of LP Candidate, Peter Obi And Yusuf Datti Baba Ahmed / Shehu Sani Shades El-rufai: Ethnic Bigot Lesser Evil Than Divisively Religious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yusuf Datti: Atiku Is An Ethnic Bigot, Can’t Unify PDP, Nigeria by ryloy: 1:14pm On Oct 17, 2022
Labour Party, LP has hit back at the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party PDP, Atiku Abubakar, over his anti-Yoruba and Igbo comments.

Vice presidential candidate of Labour Party, Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed swiped Atiku, saying his comment was capable of jeopardizing the country’s unity.

In a statement via his verified Twitter handle on Sunday, Baba-Ahmed described Atiku as an ethnic bigot who cannot even unify his party.

Atiku had on Saturday advised Northerners to vote for him in the 2023.

He said, “What the average Northerner needs is somebody who’s from the North and also understands that part of the country and has been able to build bridges across the country.

“This is what the Northerner needs. It doesn’t need a Yoruba or Igbo candidate. I stand before you as a pan-Nigerian of northern origin,” the Adamawa-born former Vice-president said in a viral video.

Meanwhile, Atiku’s comments had since triggered mixed reactions from many Nigerians and presidential candidates including the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC.

In a statement on Sunday, the APC National Publicity Secretary, Felix Morka, said Atiku’s utterance is an attack on the country’s long-preserved national unity.

According to Morka, the PDP presidential candidate’s statement has shown his desperation to rule the country.

He said, “What does Atiku think the average Southerner needs? Why is it about what the average Northerner needs, or even what the average Southerner may need? Why is it not about what Nigeria and Nigerians need? Nigerians need bold and visionary leadership anchored on a firm commitment to transcendental national unity, over and above ethnic or sectional obsessions.

“Atiku’s words ring loud of extreme and mindless desperation and such an extremely desperate man cannot and must not be entrusted with the most important job of President – a job whose core duty is that of leading, uniting and working in the best interest of all in an ethnoreligious, pluralistic society as Nigeria. Our country does not need this kind of highly inflammable rhetoric now or ever.’’

The APC spokesperson said he wondered that, Atiku who claimed to be on a mission to unify the country could engage in acts that undermined national unity. smiley

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/atiku-is-ethnic-bigot-cant-unify-pdp-nigeria-labour-party-knocks-atiku/

88 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Yusuf Datti: Atiku Is An Ethnic Bigot, Can’t Unify PDP, Nigeria by alsudan: 1:18pm On Oct 17, 2022
Those Two Thieving Septuagenarians Know this is their last chance to pocket Nigeria’s treasury, hence the desperation.

Whipping up tribal and religious sentiments is their last ace.

Every citizen who is a genuine lover of Nigeria is OBIdient.

Even a combined team of the two thieves can’t stop Incoming President PO.

196 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Yusuf Datti: Atiku Is An Ethnic Bigot, Can’t Unify PDP, Nigeria by Felimax(m): 1:40pm On Oct 17, 2022
These once that cannot constitute a simple campaign council are still talking. See as they are foaming in their mouth!

On election day even Obi will vote for Atiku. He has only succeeded in stamping his feet on ground after Atiku nobody will claim not to know Obi.

10 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Yusuf Datti: Atiku Is An Ethnic Bigot, Can’t Unify PDP, Nigeria by socialmediaman: 1:54pm On Oct 17, 2022
Atiku brazenly grabbed the ticket from the south just to fulfill his selfish political ambition

Just like Emilokan who imposed the tyrant in Aso rock on us for 8 years just for his selfish political ambition

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yusuf Datti: Atiku Is An Ethnic Bigot, Can’t Unify PDP, Nigeria by Rebuke: 1:55pm On Oct 17, 2022
Yes, bos bass moment. Let them feel it.....we ain't joking anymore.

4 Likes

Re: Yusuf Datti: Atiku Is An Ethnic Bigot, Can’t Unify PDP, Nigeria by Lovenorth: 1:55pm On Oct 17, 2022
Atiku is far better than Tinubu but the truth of the matter is that Peter Obi is the best among all the contestants

129 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yusuf Datti: Atiku Is An Ethnic Bigot, Can’t Unify PDP, Nigeria by IamDietiesGod: 1:55pm On Oct 17, 2022
Gbas gbos everywhere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yusuf Datti: Atiku Is An Ethnic Bigot, Can’t Unify PDP, Nigeria by sofeo(m): 1:55pm On Oct 17, 2022
Alright!
Re: Yusuf Datti: Atiku Is An Ethnic Bigot, Can’t Unify PDP, Nigeria by lhordspy: 1:55pm On Oct 17, 2022
And your master, Peter obi?

A religious partitioner. An extremist who has been going from church to churches instigating christians against muslim. Telling the church to take back their country.

Exact same words used in the early brutal days of the Crusader during the bloody religious cleansing, which was characterised by insane killings and religious war.

The thing is there is no much differences between Atiku and Obi. Thank God Peter also stated it himself, that they share the same ideology.

One is a tribal bigot and the other, a religious divider. I am so sorry Nigerians that i clamoured for these two disasters in 2019. I will one day apologise in full and officially, but right now is the time to re-write my wrong and make amendment.

Vote competence.

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yusuf Datti: Atiku Is An Ethnic Bigot, Can’t Unify PDP, Nigeria by princeemmma(m): 1:55pm On Oct 17, 2022
Rest Mr Datti

We all know his plan to sell Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Yusuf Datti: Atiku Is An Ethnic Bigot, Can’t Unify PDP, Nigeria by karsey: 1:55pm On Oct 17, 2022
The Truth cannot be farfetched from what Datti said

I no dey like chook mouth inside election matters but Atiku's speech get as e be

10 Likes

Re: Yusuf Datti: Atiku Is An Ethnic Bigot, Can’t Unify PDP, Nigeria by BobbieZion(m): 1:55pm On Oct 17, 2022
Bros!!
Don't spoil the love we have for you with petty issues....

After all what Atiku said is relatively true with the way politics is played in Nigeria.
Buhari used that tactics too...it is well known amongst the old cabal.

1 Like

Re: Yusuf Datti: Atiku Is An Ethnic Bigot, Can’t Unify PDP, Nigeria by nony43(m): 1:55pm On Oct 17, 2022
Atiku is truly an Ethnic bigot . No wonder OBJ said his only mistake in his political career is his choice of VP.

7 Likes

Re: Yusuf Datti: Atiku Is An Ethnic Bigot, Can’t Unify PDP, Nigeria by Hndrrxxx(m): 1:55pm On Oct 17, 2022
Word word

That’s the truth, son
Re: Yusuf Datti: Atiku Is An Ethnic Bigot, Can’t Unify PDP, Nigeria by xristos(m): 1:55pm On Oct 17, 2022
tongue tongue
Re: Yusuf Datti: Atiku Is An Ethnic Bigot, Can’t Unify PDP, Nigeria by shortIGBOman: 1:55pm On Oct 17, 2022
This yeye man wey no get Political value for North. IGBO can never rule this Country.

93 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yusuf Datti: Atiku Is An Ethnic Bigot, Can’t Unify PDP, Nigeria by TheOldGods: 1:56pm On Oct 17, 2022
Re: Yusuf Datti: Atiku Is An Ethnic Bigot, Can’t Unify PDP, Nigeria by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 1:56pm On Oct 17, 2022
TINUBU to the Yorubas:
It is the turn of Yorubas to produce the next President of Nigeria; and when it gets to Yorubas, it is my turn to be the President.”

ATIKU to the Hausas:
“You should vote for me because I am from the north, don’t vote for any candidate from Yoruba or Igbo.”

PETER OBI to the Igbos:
“Don't vote for me because I am from Igbo. Vote for me on the basis of my competence and integrity. 2023 is not anybody’s turn. It is the turn of Nigerians.”

25 Likes

Re: Yusuf Datti: Atiku Is An Ethnic Bigot, Can’t Unify PDP, Nigeria by omenka(m): 1:56pm On Oct 17, 2022
Everything getting streamlined for the ascension of His Excellency, BOLA Ahemed Tinubu unto the throne of government. smiley

80 Likes

Re: Yusuf Datti: Atiku Is An Ethnic Bigot, Can’t Unify PDP, Nigeria by ogub(m): 1:56pm On Oct 17, 2022
As long as God is still on the throne, he will frustrate all the enemies of this nation

5 Likes

Re: Yusuf Datti: Atiku Is An Ethnic Bigot, Can’t Unify PDP, Nigeria by jerk: 1:56pm On Oct 17, 2022
This statement from Atiku will linger in the minds of the Southerners and some northerners that hates him. For the fact that he Atiku stole the zoning of the presidency which suppose to go to the south, his monumental failure wil send shock waves to his supporters that day.
For this singular statement and for the fact that another Fulani wants to succeed the present calamity. My take is that Atiku has already lost millions of vote across the country even before the election day.
Atiku will be disgraced in the coming election and may not even win up to 4 states.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yusuf Datti: Atiku Is An Ethnic Bigot, Can’t Unify PDP, Nigeria by Holluwhakemmy(f): 1:57pm On Oct 17, 2022
Politics of bitterness

1 Like

Re: Yusuf Datti: Atiku Is An Ethnic Bigot, Can’t Unify PDP, Nigeria by AllTheWayUp: 1:57pm On Oct 17, 2022
grin grin grin
Yusuf Datti that can not win his polling unit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yusuf Datti: Atiku Is An Ethnic Bigot, Can’t Unify PDP, Nigeria by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:57pm On Oct 17, 2022
King Alfred the Great
Re: Yusuf Datti: Atiku Is An Ethnic Bigot, Can’t Unify PDP, Nigeria by LIGHTROOM: 1:57pm On Oct 17, 2022
True talk

4 Likes

Re: Yusuf Datti: Atiku Is An Ethnic Bigot, Can’t Unify PDP, Nigeria by Decentdave(m): 1:57pm On Oct 17, 2022
K
Re: Yusuf Datti: Atiku Is An Ethnic Bigot, Can’t Unify PDP, Nigeria by Legendary21: 1:57pm On Oct 17, 2022
I am Obidient

2 Likes

Re: Yusuf Datti: Atiku Is An Ethnic Bigot, Can’t Unify PDP, Nigeria by LIGHTROOM: 1:58pm On Oct 17, 2022
Hmm

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election / The BAD IMAGE Of Nigeria Is Caused By The Way Nigerians Present Nigeria / Abdulsalami Abubakar Visits Shehu Shagari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.