Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,359 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office (33768 Views)

Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) / Ten Things To Know About Liz Truss, New UK Prime Minister (Photos) / The Moment Theresa May Burst Into Tears As She Resigned As UK Prime Minister(Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by warlordd(m): 3:19pm On Oct 20, 2022
I hold her in high esteem. Actors quit when the ovation is loudest. Buhari failed since 7 years ago, yet he's still groping in the dark and holding on to power. Worse still some people are still campaigning for another disaster to take over from him. Naija who did this to u
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by asanausana91: 3:22pm On Oct 20, 2022
Tinubu need to learn from this woman
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by WHITELIGHTER: 3:28pm On Oct 20, 2022
madridguy:
I knew she'd resigned soonest. The heat was too much for her as a woman.

Whats even wrong you? Stop making everything gender base. She knew she was up to the tastk, and that has nothing to do ith her being a woman. Damn!!
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by Pharaoh4rin(m): 3:34pm On Oct 20, 2022
etrange:
We all saw that coming.

A prophet? Lol... [b]No wonder your pastors extort [/b]y'all. Dude, I don't need to be a prophet to make an informed forecast.

It was glaring Truss' government was falling apart at the seams. She appointed and then sacked her home secretary and chancellor within six weeks. That was chaotic. I was never a fan of Ms Braverman but replacing her with Shapps, a known critic, less than a week after sacking Kwarteng as chancellor just to appeal to a broader section of the Conservative party was a sign that her administration was hanging by a thread. Heck, she made more volte-face in her short-lived administration than many past PM's who spent more time in office.

But then if you still believe only divine prognostication could have predicted her resignation, then maybe I'm a prophet after all. Have you paid your tithe?

The word "prophet" is not enshrined in Christianity alone. And I don't think my question was offensive. If I had used the word 'forcast', perhaps you'd have differed saliently. A guy like you is ready to spur anyone scurrilously at the the slightest engagement. Anyways, enjoy ur day.
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by ATLIEN2027: 3:38pm On Oct 20, 2022
Nosayer:

Racism and insults as your hideouts shows you don't have much knowledge about what you're discussing.

Calling Truss' resignation a characteristic of the whites not only shows how racists you are, it also shows your acceptance of being enslaved by your political lord and master's who should be in geriatric chambers.

In ancient Ibadan when politics is too hot, they'd ask the leader to either voluntary abdicate or commit suicide. And the leaders obliged. It wasn't characteristic of the whites then?

If you can't see or know that Africans in general tend to have a sit tight attitude when it comes to honorably leaving office as compared to whites then I can't help you. You don't have to be a genius to see that more Whites are willing to leave offices especially political office when they can decide not to leave as compared to Africans. Look all over Africa and compared to Europe and North America, with the exception of Trump, most will leave office the moment they are caught in any scandal whereas Africans and other 3 world countries leaders will have to be removed by force.
No need living in denial, I have lived most of my life in a western country and I know the difference in mind set of political leaders from the West to Africa to Latin America.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by Cromagnon: 3:41pm On Oct 20, 2022
crossfm:
Haa.

Never in my dear country will some one resign from such a post,we die here.
Kemi adeosun
Bart nnaji
Okonjo
Adenike grange

Una go just de parrot ignorance and misinformation
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by Ihenzy(m): 3:49pm On Oct 20, 2022
This one Atiku has looked forward to working with. Who will he now look forward to naa?
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by hush15: 3:49pm On Oct 20, 2022
Kasssandra:
For anyone who asks why Buhari has not resingned....ask yourself why GEJ did not resign, Obasanjo, Yaradua, and company did not resign when the same issues came up during their reign?

It is because most of you Nigerians see politics as a means to get access to national cake, not in terms of national development, and national interest. And if your side does not win, threats and violence ensue. Like what we saw when Bubu did not win in 2011, and what we have seen in the SE since Bubu won in 2015.

Yes, Buhari should resign. APC has failed. Let us be honest. Let us also be honest and say that if Obi wins and three years later turns out to fail...most of you would defend his failure in the name of 'we must show them Northerners.'. Like the Northerners are doing about Buhari's failures now.

Better learn a lesson....leaders are how you make them, not how you choose them.

I will be the first to demand his resignation then if Obi fails but till then, Obi we know,Obi we trust...
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by Corporate2020: 3:52pm On Oct 20, 2022
nony43:
She said she could not deliver the mandate she was elected.

Shame on those Urchins that are trying to impose BAT after Buhari failed to deliver the mandate he was elected for.

Why are you abusing your parents? You and other miscreants like you will weep blood when Tinubu is sworn in as President next year.
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by lukency(m): 3:57pm On Oct 20, 2022
Her reason was simple, she can't deliver on her mandate but here it's not thesame.A cursed pastor or an Iman will be at the center of defending and encouraging failed leaders to stay put.
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by Tekuzukite: 3:57pm On Oct 20, 2022
I heard a minister too resigned for using her personal mail to send an official mail.

Can these happen in my country!!?
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by benardtotti(m): 3:58pm On Oct 20, 2022
Batam:
Uk economy is nosediving seriously, and the PM was sincere to herself that she could not carry the burden.

US is also sitting on a keg of gun powder with highest inflation rate in the last 30 years and it is a matter of time before their economy begin to capitulate.

Nigeria has been bad from time immemorial due to the fact that majority of our leaders are square peg in a round hole and they kept on recycling themselves hence there were no significant effect on majority of the people they are leading.

They should have minded their business rather than sanction Russia, shame no gree dem admit say they made a blunder , the Ukraine war and the subsequent actions taken by the west has had adverse effects .
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by Goldbw122(m): 4:04pm On Oct 20, 2022
dallyemmy:
Prime Minister Liz Truss has resigned as UK prime minister in a statement outside Downing Street

BBC
Just look at this, now if it is our Nigeria politician they will never resign they will just find someone else to do the political rulings for her internally.
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by MoneyMustBMade(m): 4:05pm On Oct 20, 2022
Apc sick candidate would rather die on the seat than to step down. Same as all this PDP candidate too

Nigerians are too soft on this criminals called Nigerian government officials
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by dapsoneh: 4:28pm On Oct 20, 2022
timesuploaded:
nothing like sane clime. UK is a glorified shithole
u should rather pray ur naija is turned to such shithole
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by zelnababa(m): 4:29pm On Oct 20, 2022
White will always be white, black na to die there, but why everywhere com dirty like this?
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by Flamemignon1(m): 4:34pm On Oct 20, 2022
BeardGangJnr1:
What a man can do, a vaginarian couldn't do quarter undecided grin grin grin
It's obvious you didn't read why she resigned instead of going on a misogynistic rant

2 Likes

Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by NA1RALANDER(f): 4:39pm On Oct 20, 2022
Good development..
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by Lama70(m): 4:46pm On Oct 20, 2022
Kasssandra:
Penny, Rishi, Suella, et al...in the wings.

Boris Johnson is coming back. Mark my words.
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by chukwuwendu: 4:48pm On Oct 20, 2022
I wonder what H.E Tinubu will do with this news......
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by uvie66: 5:06pm On Oct 20, 2022
etrange:
We all saw that coming.

A prophet? Lol... No wonder your pastors extort y'all. Dude, I don't need to be a prophet to make an informed forecast.

It was glaring Truss' government was falling apart at the seams. She appointed and then sacked her home secretary and chancellor within six weeks. That was chaotic. I was never a fan of Ms Braverman but replacing her with Shapps, a known critic, less than a week after sacking Kwarteng as chancellor just to appeal to a broader section of the Conservative party was a sign that her administration was hanging by a thread. Heck, she made more volte-face in her short-lived administration than many past PM's who spent more time in office.

But then if you still believe only divine prognostication could have predicted her resignation, then maybe I'm a prophet after all. Have you paid your tithe?

Your question was clearly sarcastic cause you obviously knew I was no prophet. Or would you claim you honestly wanted to if I was a prophet? No, you used that word cause you thought I was just driveling. People like you fake innocence when your sarcasm is matched word for word or when it's obvious the other party knows what they're saying.
calling someone a prophet is sarcastic in my opinion, a prophet or prophetic interpretation means having the ability to tell the future.
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by juman(m): 5:11pm On Oct 20, 2022
Can we have Boris Johnson back as PM?
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by timesuploaded: 5:13pm On Oct 20, 2022
dapsoneh:
u should rather pray ur naija is turned to such shithole
slave. Ogun kill UK and abroad
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by juman(m): 5:21pm On Oct 20, 2022
A woman to replace her is also desirable.

Labour party is so strong now.
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by Kirkman: 5:26pm On Oct 20, 2022
I thought she was shouting in parliament yesterday that she's is "not a quitter". The heat finally catch am for kitchen. Whey UK politics Na ya mate? grin
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by Kirkman: 5:38pm On Oct 20, 2022
Goddson:
We all knew she wasn’t going to last, the only thing saving the UK is their currency which is losing value. The UK will split pretty soon (Scotland and Northern Ireland to exit).
Boris Johnson created the problem with his brexit policy, they could have stayed in the EU.
All Liz truss should have done was to capitulate and beg Russia and China on her knees, so as to help them economically but nope the western arrogance won’t let them.
Spot on analysis...

1 Like

Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by Gentlevip: 6:10pm On Oct 20, 2022
She must be antifeminist.. Lols
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by Ygc1: 6:16pm On Oct 20, 2022
Wonders why no one really last in that kingdom as pm
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by Fearyourcreator: 6:21pm On Oct 20, 2022
nony43:
She said she could not deliver the mandate she was elected.

Shame on those Urchins that are trying to impose BAT after Buhari failed to deliver the mandate he was elected for.
Na Obi deliver...
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by Fearyourcreator: 6:22pm On Oct 20, 2022
Westchester:
This is a characteristic of a true leader not the nonsense we see here in Nigeria where Buhari and Tinubu together with their urchins try so hard to hold on to power even when there level of incompetency is glaring to the whole world undecided

Death on all agbadorians and Buhari sympathyzers
Death on the vulture griller here on Nairaland
Yeye
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by Fearyourcreator: 6:22pm On Oct 20, 2022
DMerciful:
I knew she'd resigned soonest. She had a very rough start. Again, it's because it is a country that works, African leaders would rather kill the country with their incompetence than resign!
Hmmm... No be lie
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by FOSAC: 6:25pm On Oct 20, 2022
Prosperous111:
Yepa grin

Prime minister is too heavy for a woman to deal with. I know say she go resign before. Time for our Nigerian girl to taste the site of power too. grin

It's not because of her gender... didn't Boris Johnson resigned! Feminity is not synonymous to weakness! Why can't failed leaders resign in Nigeria as well? Smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Picture Of Joe Biden And A Group Of Women / Ukraine: Boris Johnson Says UK Will Send Lethal Weapons / Israel Kills Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps Operative In Iran - Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.