Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,677 members, 7,813,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office (33734 Views)

Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) / Ten Things To Know About Liz Truss, New UK Prime Minister (Photos) / The Moment Theresa May Burst Into Tears As She Resigned As UK Prime Minister(Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by dallyemmy: 1:39pm On Oct 20, 2022
Prime Minister Liz Truss has resigned as UK prime minister in a statement outside Downing Street

Summary

Prime Minister Liz Truss has resigned as UK prime minister in a statement outside Downing Street.

She said she could not deliver the mandate she was elected and had notified the King that she was resigning as Tory leader.

There will be Conservative leadership election to be completed within the next week, she says.

It comes after she met the chairman of the 1922 Committee of backbench MPs as more Tories called for her to quit.

Truss's premiership came under renewed pressure after the home secretary resigned and a chaotic vote on fracking.

There was fury on Wednesday evening around the vote and the methods used to get MPs to vote with the government

BBC

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by madridguy(m): 1:47pm On Oct 20, 2022
I knew she'd resigned soonest. The heat was too much for her as a woman.

125 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by EmmyDJourno: 1:47pm On Oct 20, 2022
Wow, see as she no even last
But here in Nigeria ordinary Local Government Chairman go dey do like god
Buhari would govern for 7years though we all know he has dementia

222 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 20, 2022
Penny, Rishi, Suella, et al...in the wings.

2 Likes

Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by nony43(m): 1:47pm On Oct 20, 2022
She said she could not deliver the mandate she was elected.

Shame on those Urchins that are trying to impose BAT after Buhari failed to deliver the mandate he was elected for.

265 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by etrange: 1:47pm On Oct 20, 2022
We all saw that coming.

Pharaoh4rin:

How did you see it coming? A political prophet?

A prophet? Lol... No wonder your pastors extort y'all. Dude, I don't need to be a prophet to make an informed forecast.

It was glaring Truss' government was falling apart at the seams. She appointed and then sacked her home secretary and chancellor within six weeks. That was chaotic. I was never a fan of Ms Braverman but replacing her with Shapps, a known critic, less than a week after sacking Kwarteng as chancellor just to appeal to a broader section of the Conservative party was a sign that her administration was hanging by a thread. Heck, she made more volte-face in her short-lived administration than many past PM's who spent more time in office.

But then if you still believe only divine prognostication could have predicted her resignation, then maybe I'm a prophet after all. Have you paid your tithe?

Pharaoh4rin:

The word "prophet" is not enshrined in Christianity alone. And I don't think my question was offensive. If I had used the word 'forcast', perhaps you'd have differed saliently. A guy like you is ready to spur anyone scurrilously at the the slightest engagement. Anyways, enjoy ur day.

Your question was clearly sarcastic cause you obviously knew I was no prophet. Or would you claim you honestly wanted to if I was a prophet? No, you used that word cause you thought I was just driveling. People like you fake innocence when your sarcasm is matched word for word or when it's obvious the other party knows what they're saying.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by Westchester(m): 1:47pm On Oct 20, 2022
This is a characteristic of a true leader not the nonsense we see here in Nigeria where Buhari and Tinubu together with their urchins try so hard to hold on to power even when there level of incompetency is glaring to the whole world undecided

Death on all agbadorians and Buhari sympathyzers
Death on the vulture griller here on Nairaland

161 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by Kenkele(m): 1:47pm On Oct 20, 2022
Ok
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by DMerciful(m): 1:47pm On Oct 20, 2022
I knew she'd resigned soonest. She had a very rough start. Again, it's because it is a country that works, African leaders would rather kill the country with their incompetence than resign!

131 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by STEWpid(f): 1:47pm On Oct 20, 2022
Chai..

Not the King's choice!

6 Likes

Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by Prosperous111(m): 1:47pm On Oct 20, 2022
Yepa grin

Prime minister is too heavy for a woman to deal with. I know say she go resign before. Time for our Nigerian girl to taste the site of power too. grin

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by Lionstep: 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2022
Ok......dey no they resign in Nigeria instead they'll even sign one big contract that worth billions of dollars and divert the money in to personal pocket ......how I wish the god's go just make me minister of thunder ⚡⚡ I for finish all the thunder in the world in Nigeria only

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by bigdammyj: 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2022
Noted.
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by Amuluonyenaego: 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2022
Uk na ur mate?

9 Likes

Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by Deejay1000(m): 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2022
That PM seat dey always hot

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by emmanuelbrown26: 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2022
Just negodu young and vibrant resigned while one leprosy hand dey shout my turn
Abeg na who get dis leprosy hand abi na kwashiokor hand?

130 Likes

Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by dapsoneh: 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2022
A sane clime!
Not the emilokan clime where people want to die in govt even when it's glaring they should resign

23 Likes

Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by Righteousness2(m): 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2022
Watch out!
More political and military storms are about to hit our world very soon!

The World is being primed for Mr. Fix it aka the lawless one to come on the World stage.

Anytime! Anyday! The restrianer will be taken away and the antichrist will show up .

Live Ready Folks! The Coming of JESUS Christ is closer than you think.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by INDOMIE9090(f): 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2022
Why
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by Victoxy(m): 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2022
Jeez
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by chuose: 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2022
Buhari should have been impeached ages ago

18 Likes

Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by kerry57: 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2022
That is what u get when u decide to get into power unprepared. How do u give crazy tax relieve without understanding the economical problem of ur country? An economy that is much more dependent on tax. Reversing the tax policy and other hasty decisions she and her cabinet took was too late.

I had already seen this coming cos I doubted how she was gonna survive.

She is more honourable to have resigned before it gets too messy than our leaders in Africa eg buhari who has no clue on modern day governance but still held onto power at the detriment of the entire nation. Had buhari resigned in his first year in office and asked osibanjo to carry on, we would have been better of today.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by adeprof18(m): 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2022
Can Nigerian politicians do same?

9 Likes

Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by midehi2(f): 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2022
Imagine, but here na do or die undecided

7 Likes

Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by Childofaking: 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2022
To resign no de hard dis people o.

There is nothing serious here to make someone resign (by Nigeria standard ).

7 Likes

Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by carreport(m): 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2022
It's not by age...
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by BeardGangJnr1(m): 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2022
What a man can do, a vaginarian couldn't do quarter undecided grin grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by Mannylex(m): 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2022
Wow
Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2022
For anyone who asks why Buhari has not resingned....ask yourself why GEJ did not resign, Obasanjo, Yaradua, and company did not resign when the same issues came up during their reign?

It is because most of you Nigerians see politics as a means to get access to national cake, not in terms of national development, and national interest. And if your side does not win, threats and violence ensue. Like what we saw when Bubu did not win in 2011, and what we have seen in the SE since Bubu won in 2015.

Yes, Buhari should resign. APC has failed. Let us be honest. Let us also be honest and say that if Obi wins and three years later turns out to fail...most of you would defend his failure in the name of 'we must show them Northerners.'. Like the Northerners are doing about Buhari's failures now.

Better learn a lesson....leaders are how you make them, not how you choose them.

11 Likes

Re: Liz Truss Has Resigned As UK Prime Minister After 45 Days In Office by crossfm: 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2022
Haa.

Never in my dear country will some one resign from such a post,we die here.

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Madagascar's President, Rajoelina, Survives Assassination Attempt / Iran To U.S : Step Aside So You Won't Get Hit. / Deposed African Leaders And Where They Are Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.