Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,171 members, 7,860,195 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:37 AM

What Did You Learn From Your Father? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Did You Learn From Your Father? (1165 Views)

What Did You Learn From Your Last Relationship? / Nigerian Slay Queens Vs Kenyan Slay Queens: Kenyan Slayers Learn From Nigerians / Learn From Me, Masturbation Ruins Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did You Learn From Your Father? by minasu190: 5:08pm On Oct 24, 2022
My dad taught me a lot,
He taught me how to pray, read and be ready to face challenges.

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From Your Father? by BuyDomain: 5:11pm On Oct 24, 2022
Discipline and content.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn From Your Father? by nickyj19: 6:05pm On Oct 24, 2022
to always love my mum
and be respectful to my elder once
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Father? by Adino59(m): 6:09pm On Oct 24, 2022
To be a man in all regards, treat everyone with respect and learn to listen more than you speak..

4 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From Your Father? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 24, 2022
Nothing... the man is a simp. He used my school fees to play baba ijebu severally. He fvcked my slut_ girlfriend behind my back and got infected with Hiv... he's dead niw

3 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From Your Father? by codedgalaxy: 6:29pm On Oct 24, 2022
Taught me that at the end of the day you only got yourself and you alone.

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From Your Father? by Cravemore: 6:32pm On Oct 24, 2022
anything my fr is doing no really consign me. i guess E lockup my Matter since day 1 lol

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn From Your Father? by Higgies(m): 6:34pm On Oct 24, 2022
Ruggedness, toughness and the virtues of Solaat.

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From Your Father? by Bmaster(m): 6:36pm On Oct 24, 2022
BadRadio:
Nothing... the man is a simp. He used my school fees to play baba ijebu severally. He fvcked my slut_ girlfriend behind my back and got infected with Hiv... he's dead niw
easy brother, remember his spirit may still decide to bless you spiritually just to atone for his shortcomings on your side,
Never underrate the people of the underworld

My own father really tried,at least I learnt to put blood family first before others.

May his soul continue to rest in peace ✌️

5 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From Your Father? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 24, 2022
I only learned 2 things from him, that he was unfaithful and a chronic cheater.
minasu190:
My dad taught me a lot,
He taught me how to pray, read and be ready to face challenges.

5 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From Your Father? by Lalami3232(m): 6:38pm On Oct 24, 2022
So many irresponsible fathers everywhere. Now I see why this forum dey very toxic.

5 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From Your Father? by Cravemore: 6:54pm On Oct 24, 2022
few
Lalami3232:
So many irresponsible fathers everywhere. Now I see why this forum dey very toxic.
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Father? by ForestHill: 6:57pm On Oct 24, 2022
Never to lay hands on a lady

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn From Your Father? by codedgalaxy: 7:08pm On Oct 24, 2022
Reverse is the case with me,
I rather learnt from his mistakes.
I Wish everyone learn from their ancestors

5 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From Your Father? by minasu190: 7:10pm On Oct 24, 2022
Samantha123:
I only learned 2 things from him, that he was unfaithful and a chronic cheater.
I don't believe that sister
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Father? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 24, 2022
Bmaster:
easy brother, remember his spirit may still decide to bless you spiritually just to atone for his shortcomings on your side,

My own father really tried,at least I learnt to put blood family first before others.

May his soul continue to rest in peace ✌️
his spirit is not in nairaland

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn From Your Father? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 24, 2022
Okay then, what is it that you believe?

Because I'm telling you, that old man had no respect for women.
minasu190:

I don't believe that sister
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Father? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 24, 2022
"You are your own best friend.

Whatever you do, whoever you meet, never lose yourself, you are your own back up. "

Lol my dad taught me to be independent smiley

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn From Your Father? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 24, 2022
Bmaster:

I know this isn't for me but thank you for giving me a good laugh grin grin grin grin grin

BadRadio please if the spirit of your dad decides to bless you with some dollars overnight, please remember Persephone oooo grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From Your Father? by folake4u(f): 8:06pm On Oct 24, 2022
My father taught me:

1. Love yourself so much that no man can treat you like trash.
2. No permanent friend, no permanent enemy.

3 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From Your Father? by Ikennaford: 8:30pm On Oct 24, 2022
My dad taught me to live extravagantly, that makes me love expensive lifestyle,r.i.p dad,,, you was an OG....
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Father? by Medianna(f): 8:37pm On Oct 24, 2022
Alot..
But the one i can never forget is
'You don't chase after what is you, cuz it will eventually meet you'
Keep on resting my friend!

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn From Your Father? by Bmaster(m): 9:00pm On Oct 24, 2022
Persephone1:
I know this isn't for me but thank you for giving me a good laugh grin grin grin grin grin

BadRadio please if the spirit of your dad decides to bless you with some dollars overnight, please remember Persephone oooo grin grin
ooh,so this one amused you grin grin

Ur welcomed
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Father? by WereyBoi: 9:11pm On Oct 24, 2022
BadRadio:
I don't believe it bro
You serious?
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Father? by YourHerbalOrgan(f): 9:22pm On Oct 24, 2022
pray. he usually make emphasis on the importance of giving thanks in all situations.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn From Your Father? by begoniaa: 10:30pm On Oct 24, 2022
Persephone1:

grin grin Oh my God.
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Father? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 24, 2022
begoniaa:

grin grin Oh my God.
Abi I talk say make i book space for some spiritual dollars ni cheesy
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Father? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 24, 2022
Bmaster:
ooh,so this one amused you grin grin

Ur welcomed
grin
Re: What Did You Learn From Your Father? by FreeSpirited: 11:24pm On Oct 24, 2022
Absolute humility
Contentment
Discipline
Selflessness
Hardwork
Integrity
Put God first
While also putting people first in all you do...Man just too selfless to a fault
Yes ..My Dad is an embodiment of all of this virtue in colossal measure....Da man na god
May his soul rest in peace

3 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From Your Father? by Demigod22: 11:26pm On Oct 24, 2022
That guy taught me nothing but love. Although he didn't live long enough to teach me things, but the faint idea I have of him is his immense love for me. So I got love for humanity and respect for others.

That dude was supposed to be my realest guy, but death happened.

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From Your Father? by pansophist(m): 12:31am On Oct 25, 2022
Alot, but one thing I loved my father for, was how he carried out his responsibilities without showing feelings or complaining. He was imperfect in many ways, but he was present. He may not be having a good day, but he was available for us. He has never slept outside the home for one single day in my entire life unless in cases where he traveled. He provided, protected, and lead in a godly way. You may read the link below, I wrote this piece because of my dad years ago. The quote below is an excerpt from the write-up.

I've come to understand so many times my father will sit still, thinking and just blank, while I rain on him all the bills required for school work and my livelihood, simultaneously oblivious about what he is processing inside. He has never for one day complained, or refuse to uphold his fatherly duties. He toiled so hard and lived with the burden and responsibilities required of him, as a father. When everyone is so keen on celebrating mothers day (for a good reason), it somehow skips the mind that fathers' lives matter too.

https://www.nairaland.com/5292056/passing-thoughts#81904338

The kinds of degeneracy such as domestic violence, deadbeat dad, a cheater, etc, that I hear and see from other homes were aliens to us. Because of him, I and my siblings became a better, cohesive, harmonious, and seamlessly integrated family with love and kindness flowing deep within us. His leadership structured our lives in a way that even if we fail, we know for sure that he did his best, and it was not anyone's fault, but us. Anytime I count my blessings, it starts with my parents, a jackpot of life that many, unfortunately, do not have. May God bless him. I love you, dad.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did You Learn From Your Father? by Davidave(m): 1:05am On Oct 25, 2022
How to provide for a family and to work your ass off.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Learn Your Lessons And Never Be A Looser (one of my stories) / Nairalanders Which One Will You Go For? / Do These Celebrities Actually Do This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.