Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) (4131 Views)

Bandits Kidnap Man's Wife, Children While He Was Being Interviewed In Katsina / The House King Jaja Of Opobo Lived In Exile In The 1880's In ST Vincent / Deposed Emir Sanusi On Exile In Loko, Nasarawa Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) by halima83: 12:41pm On Oct 25, 2022

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) by socialmediaman: 12:41pm On Oct 25, 2022
One of the faces of Nigeria's dark past!

Meanwhile, for those who have been asking:

Anambra State GDP Grew By 40% in 2 Years Under Peter Obi

In 2014, The supervisory Minister of National Planning Commission and Minister of State for Works, Ambassador Bashir Yuguda (Yuguda is Minister of State for Finance today) said that Anambra state's GDP had grown by 40% in 2 years during Peter Obi's tenure as governor (2009 - 2011).

Read more: https://www.nairaland.com/7399331/throwback-anambra-state-gdp-grew

7 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) by kettykin: 12:43pm On Oct 25, 2022
There is no condition that is permanent, maybe going to church

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) by Igbodicool(m): 12:44pm On Oct 25, 2022
The man who destroyed Nigeria...

Posterity will always remember you for bad.

7 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) by chrisxxx(m): 12:50pm On Oct 25, 2022
Igbodicool:

Dont blame him. Jack was more or less a puppet being controlled then by the Caliphate and the monarch in London.

5 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) by Softmirror: 12:54pm On Oct 25, 2022
Igbodicool:

grin
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) by Creamypie(m): 12:55pm On Oct 25, 2022
See environment in 1975 in england. Even england of 1922 still dey far and far more constructed then naija of 2022. What's really our problem down here?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) by SpecialAdviser(m): 12:56pm On Oct 25, 2022
chrisxxx:

Dont blame him. Jack was more or less a puppet being controlled then by the Caliphate and the monarch in London.
Yea. If only he saw the future.

5 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) by GHOSTTALK: 12:57pm On Oct 25, 2022
Look how peaceful...but they don't want that kind of life for us Nigerians.... sometimes I ask why ?? Who laid the curse....who said it will never be well with BLACK....
Look at the most powerful black nation on Earth sinking..!! And some people don't won't redemption...holding tight to the same people that is destroying us..!! sad

8 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) by richiemcgold: 12:59pm On Oct 25, 2022
exile in UK is like a ruse

why not Uganda, Liberia or Burundi?

4 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) by Nyamuri: 12:59pm On Oct 25, 2022
Yes, until he decides to support Pandora Him Tu Lie.. that's how nyamuri will white wash him undecided grin
Igbodicool:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) by begoniaa: 1:02pm On Oct 25, 2022
But to find a Tinubu's picture like this, and from the mid 2000s in our backyard here, person go overturn the whole Library of Alexandria and still not come up with a thing.

4 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) by theophorus(m): 1:09pm On Oct 25, 2022
See as London be for 1975.

Kai! Things don change ooo. Person must continue to dey Ideate and innovate and repackage ooo.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) by PlayMaker14: 1:10pm On Oct 25, 2022
begoniaa:
But to find a Tinubu's picture like this, and from the mid 2000s in our backyard here, person go overturn the whole Library of Alexandria and still not come up with a thing.
Do you love having nightmares?
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) by TheSameGuy(m): 1:16pm On Oct 25, 2022
Okay.

BATKSM 2023

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) by floss(m): 1:23pm On Oct 25, 2022
Buhari: From top to bottom

Tinubu : From rotten to worse (2022)

By 2026, those remaining in Nigeria won't be up to 20%. Hunger will kill 30%, 10% will joined banditry and terrorism, 20% will die as a result of depression, 20% will japa

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) by begoniaa: 1:26pm On Oct 25, 2022
PlayMaker14:
Do you love having nightmares?

Nightmares as to...?
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) by PlayMaker14: 1:30pm On Oct 25, 2022
begoniaa:

Nightmares as to...?
Seeking the pictures of Tinubu.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) by budaatum: 1:32pm On Oct 25, 2022
Creamypie:
See environment in 1975 in england. Even england of 1922 still dey far and far more constructed then naija of 2022

And that was when one could park on the kerb.

These days it's all redlined. Ordinary stop and you'd be fined.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) by christistruth01: 1:33pm On Oct 25, 2022
Not only was Gen Gowon a great man he was a very humble man too

When he was at the University of Warwick he was living in the halls of Residence like all the other Students that were more than 20 years his Junior despite being the former President of Nigeria , a Sierra Leonian once told me how the African Students used to respect and cower to him as if he was their father but he always insisted on being treated like one of them

His son Ibrahim really resembles Gowons wife Victoria

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) by limeta(f): 1:44pm On Oct 25, 2022
Finchley road but very different today
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) by Moh247: 2:09pm On Oct 25, 2022
cool

They are always free and humble abroad

5 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) by begoniaa: 2:14pm On Oct 25, 2022
PlayMaker14:
Seeking the pictures of Tinubu.

Being an inductee-trainee in the Obidient Movement has been fortifying me with the strengths (political, mental, social, physical, emotional, etc) I need to withstand anything in the line of politics fire and cross-fire. grin grin

Besides, I am sure T-baba or Baby T was not looking as ******* as he looks now back then. lipsrsealed
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) by PlayMaker14: 2:17pm On Oct 25, 2022
begoniaa:

Being an inductee-trainee in the Obidient Movement has been fortifying me with the strengths (political, mental, social, physical, emotional, etc) I need to withstand anything in the line of politics fire and cross-fire. grin grin

Besides, I am sure T-baba or Baby T was not looking as ******* as he looks now back then. lipsrsealed
There's a reason why he's been referred to as Bobo Chicago

Welcome to the Obidient Club.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) by begoniaa: 2:20pm On Oct 25, 2022
PlayMaker14:
There's a reason why he's been referred to as Bobo Chicago

Welcome to the Obidient Club.

That's a tad bit late; I have always been here.

And Conner44 already did the honours of semi-officially welcoming me...so...
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) by PlayMaker14: 2:22pm On Oct 25, 2022
begoniaa:

That's a tad bit late; I have always been here.

And Conner44 already did the honours of semi-officially welcoming me...so...
Still an Inductee-Trainee...

Not fully a full fledge Vawulence loving Obidient.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) by obaaderemi: 2:28pm On Oct 25, 2022
Creamypie:
See environment in 1975 in england. Even england of 1922 still dey far and far more constructed then naija of 2022
Very organized!
And these stupid politicians all go there to enjoy with their own children. All of them.

6 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) by begoniaa: 2:31pm On Oct 25, 2022
PlayMaker14:
Still an Inductee-Trainee...

Not fully a full fledge Vawulence loving Obidient

As I told someone else, the guys here are born, bred and buttered in violence. grin

I still never get the kind mind and tenacity dem dey use attack each other for here. That reminds me sef, one Latakia and I have been troll-dragging each other for days. I think he was the last to respond. Let me go and clap back.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) by ImperialYoruba: 2:33pm On Oct 25, 2022
Exactly 47yrs today, October 25th, 2023.

No convoy, no security, robbed of privilege. Yet he didn't die.

So why do they think they will die here in Nigeria if they did not have convoy, security and live in privilege?
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) by PlayMaker14: 2:35pm On Oct 25, 2022
begoniaa:

As I told someone else, the guys here are born, bred and buttered in violence. grin

I still never get the kind mind and tenacity dem dey use attack each other for here. That reminds me sef, one Latakia and I have been troll-dragging each other for days. I think he was the last to respond. Let me go and clap back.
Carry pictures of the ugly urinating machine called Tinubu along as weapon...

It will destabilize him real quick.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gen. Gowon With His Children While On Exile In London (1975) by begoniaa: 2:36pm On Oct 25, 2022
PlayMaker14:
Carry pictures of the ugly urinating machine called Tinubu along as weapon...

It will destabilize him real quick.

It gets tiring. And I can't sustain that vileness without my conscience biting me. lipsrsealed

I have grandparents too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sapele Was Once A No-mans Land By Igbos? / Massive Nationwide Protest Ongoing / Reps Seek Decongestion Of Nigeria’s 244 Correctional Centres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.