Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,787 members, 7,844,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant (37648 Views)

France, US Ask Their Citizens To Leave Russia Immediately / Russia - Ukraine War In Pictures, From The Frontlines (Photos) / VLADIMIR Putin Orders US Officials To Leave Russia Immediately (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by osazsky(m): 8:34pm On Oct 26, 2022
Ransomware:

Maybe, maybe not. But who will buy a Russian knock off mercedes
if Ben's leaves any Benz that is entering Russia will be imported..the way northerners come full nl beats my imagination...some of them dont even know that Michelin,Peugeot and Mazda were once in Nigeria...
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by saxywale2: 8:36pm On Oct 26, 2022
kingthreat:
After the 2nd World War, Germany became fully occupied by the Soviets(East) and Americans(West)
After the Berlin Wall incident, the Soviets left East Germany. The whole of Germany became fully occupied by USA.
Since then, Germany cannot make decision that goes against the USA. Same with Japan and Poland.
USA calls them Allies, but we know the truth.
Long live Russia
You forgot to tell us how East Germany was literally a shit hole under Soviet occupation compared to the propserous West Germany.

4 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by seanwilliam(m): 8:37pm On Oct 26, 2022
Newyorkitis:
I trust Putin... Things like this can only shake a third world country like Nigeria whose technology is nothing to write home about.
Not a technological sound and advanced country like Russia.
mention 7 inventions/technologies from Russia that are used worldwide apart from military tech

5 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by CBR100: 8:38pm On Oct 26, 2022
kiss
osazsky:
oga if Benz is leaving its leaving with all its cars...and u cant keep producing Benz cuz u bought a plant..try get sense...it will take years to meet Benz standard irrespective of the Russia substandard automobile that will be buying the plant..u know nothing about the banking sectors,capitalization and cbn policies..this does not apply hear..I major in accounting,banking and finance and monetary policy..like I said this is a public forum

Leaving with all the cars, u are so funny......u are trying to form say u current, Buh u no current

South korea kia produce some car engines in Iran, wen dey left up to today Iran can still produce and even improve the engine

U think every country is as dull as africans abi .......benz will leave the country and immediately the russians engineers in the plant won't know how to produce it again....I laugh in Swahili (well am sure you are not aware all foriegn car producer are in joint production with the local ones try to educate yourself b4 saying all sort of gibberish)

4 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:38pm On Oct 26, 2022
osazsky:
them they call multinational u dey call eyimba spits...how many people Chelsea employ for England.. how many people Benz conglomerates employ across Russia..Google is ur friend..my consign is dat those innocent staff that will lose thier jobs have families under them..stupid man

Like you don't understand boss, Benz leaving is a retaliation for Chelsea's hijack.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by PoliteActivist: 8:38pm On Oct 26, 2022
toxtimmy:
Can you list one thing that the west can produce that Russia cannot produce?... Just one thing?

Where are their Google, YouTube, Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Jazz, Hip-hop, Apple, Amazon, Instagram, blockbuster movies, black stars, etc??

3 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by SIMONEKPA7: 8:38pm On Oct 26, 2022
CBR100:

Everything in life is not about japa all d tym .......na why uae gave us visa ban......a lot of countries are developing their potential (including Iran ,just google manufacturing in Iran and u will know DAT they are more advance than the whole of african countries combine in term of manufacturing capabilities)

Same with Malaysia and other development countries......how many immigrant can western countries really take
Mention one thing those countries you mentioned have done for Nigeria or the world? Iran, Russia,China, Malaysia etc. America is where dreams come true, a black man became their president, a black woman immigrants is currently their vice president. Can your stupid Russia, China, UAE allow such.? Never.
De nairaland de run mouth untop free data

3 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by DaddyGngeess(m): 8:39pm On Oct 26, 2022
Ransomware:
oh oh I guess they will have to drive those vodka cars
grin grin grin

Smile, you reminded me now, this was exactly the car I drove when I was in Moscow Russia, juguli, very strong car oo, but the car funny shall
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by obedience4(m): 8:40pm On Oct 26, 2022
Newyorkitis:
I trust Putin... Things like this can only shake a third world country like Nigeria whose technology is nothing to write home about.
Not a technological sound and advanced country like Russia.

Name one Russia locally made car brand, that have global appeals , so much for being technology sound

3 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by osazsky(m): 8:41pm On Oct 26, 2022
gypsey:
Exactly, so what is the problem? Why do people still believe that Russia has destroyed Ukraine?
if u play bet9ja u go see all the leagues going on smoothly with fans all over stadia to cheer thier various clubs down to d lowest division..in Ukraine there is surplus of food and grains. And it's cheap.. a country saying Ukraine is gone how many can afford 50k for bag of rice..at war them still dey sell grains to other country..u way common flood hit Kogi and banue..destroying all its agriculture..I just they laff na nxt year una go see the effect of this flood wat we are currently buying now is wat farmers planted last yr..rice go reach 100k..but he nor affect me even if is 500k I am capable waiting consign me..na me wan suffer am..wat will heat Nigeria in terms of insecurity and food shortage next yr will be so massive that Nigerians will envy north Sudan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by osazsky(m): 8:43pm On Oct 26, 2022
Emeskhalifa:

Like you don't understand boss, Benz leaving is a retaliation for Chelsea's hijack.
wat was d effect of Chelsea on England wat will be d effect of Benz leaving Russia on its citizens...do ur maths..Benz is not d one losing..Chelsea will continue in England but Benz cant continue in Russia.. cuz even its kick has a patent
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by CBR100: 8:44pm On Oct 26, 2022
SIMONEKPA7:

Mention one thing those countries you mentioned have done for Nigeria or the world? Iran, Russia,China, Malaysia etc. America is where dreams come true, a black man became their president, a black woman immigrants is currently their vice president. Can your stupid Russia, China, UAE allow such.? Never.
De nairaland de run mouth untop free data

How many Chinese have become our own president or how many malaysian.....your point is lame, for her past 10years chinese have done more for africans than Western countries and usa admit dat jealously

U lack history (wen Nigeria iron and steel works want to kick off British and USA rejection to offer any help, it was russia(soviet union) ...dat help us kick start ajaokuta to 99% b4 our corrupt leaders killed it back with corruption

3 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by olugabbie(m): 8:44pm On Oct 26, 2022
NotBeenPaid:

War is expensive.

The Western companies leaving Russia are paying a heavy price. They went to Russia to expand their businessess. Now they are being forced to leave. Imagine selling an asset that worth $10b for $4b and in addition, you even loose the Russian customers.

Every gap they leave behind will be filled by the Russians themselves, Chinese, Turkish, Indians, Western Oligarch e.t.c

They should ask mcdonald's , how the company is doing now after the Russians took over.

Russia is a developed country. The EU sanctioned export of food to Russia after the Russians took over Crimea in 2014. Today Russia is the biggest exporter of food (grain) in the world.

Sukhoi makes military planes as well as commercial planes. KAMAZ makes some of the best trucks in the world for both military and commercial use. Russians are builders.

The West is always myopic in thinking. The feels the world depend on their technology. But it is just a fallacy.

Without the Europeans and the Chinese, Russians will never stop using phones, cars e.t.c. Sometimes we buy what we can produce, if it makes a very good economic sense. Saudi Arabia buys some of it refined oil from Russia today, mainly because they realise that it is cheaper to buy from Russia than to produce it themselves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by obedience4(m): 8:46pm On Oct 26, 2022
CBR100:
kiss

Leaving with all the cars, u are so funny......u are trying to form say u current, Buh u no current

South korea kia produce some car engines in Iran, wen dey left up to today Iran can still produce and even improve the engine

U think every country is as dull as africans abi .......benz will leave the country and immediately the russians engineers in the plant won't know how to produce it again....I laugh in Swahili (well am sure you are not aware all foriegn car producer are in joint production with the local ones try to educate yourself b4 saying all sort of gibberish)

Shut up bro. No south Korea engines are made in Iran.
Kias are made in China,
Iran is under sanctions no Western company deals with them,
Benz cars and its components are manufactured in Germany, but assembled in local plant's around the world,
Benz is a households name it doesn't always makes the best cars, but its name is it selling point, that tthe Russians won't have

4 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by CBR100: 8:46pm On Oct 26, 2022
obedience4:

Name one Russia locally made car brand, that have global appeals , so much for being technology sound

Name one car brand dat isreal locally made brand (does DAT means isreal or canada or taiwan ar not tecnology sound??)
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by osazsky(m): 8:46pm On Oct 26, 2022
CBR100:

How many Chinese have become our own president or how many malaysian.....your point is lame, for her past 10years chinese have done more for africans than Western countries and usa admit dat jealously

U lack history (wen Nigeria iron and steel works want to kick off British and USA rejection to offer any help, it was russia(soviet union) ...dat help us kick start ajaokuta to 99% b4 our corrupt leaders killed it back with corruption
aboki shut up..if u have nothing to say..them they call country u dey call racist terrorist countries..do u know how Chinese treat a black man when he is caught.. wake me up when u see a black Russian or black Chinese.. I have had 2 friends who have represented England in Olympics games..

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by CBR100: 8:47pm On Oct 26, 2022
obedience4:

Kias are made in China,
Benz cars and its components are manufactured in Germany, but assembled in local plant's around the world,
Benz is a households name it doesn't always makes the best cars, but its name is it selling point, that tthe Russians won't have

Okay I screenshot one for you now....lol

Most of you refuse to read Buh lyk to dey argue
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by obedience4(m): 8:48pm On Oct 26, 2022
olugabbie:

The Western companies leaving Russia are paying a heavy price. They went to Russia to expand their businessess. Now they are being forced to leave. Imagine selling an asset that worth $10b for $4b and in addition, you even loose the Russian customers.

Every gap they leave behind will be filled by the Russians themselves, Chinese, Turkish, Indians, Western Oligarch e.t.c

They should ask mcdonald's , how the company is doing now after the Russians took over.

Russia is a developed country. The EU sanctioned export of food to Russia after the Russians took over Crimea in 2014. Today Russia is the biggest exporter of food (grain) in the world.

Sukhoi makes military planes as well as commercial planes. KAMAZ makes some of the best trucks in the world for both military and commercial use. Russians are builders.

The West is always myopic in thinking. The feels the world depend on their technology. But it is just a fallacy.

Without the Europeans and the Chinese, Russians will never stop using phones, cars e.t.c. Sometimes we buy what we can produce, if it makes a very good economic sense. Saudi Arabia buys some of it refined oil from Russia today, mainly because they realise that it is cheaper to buy from Russia than to produce it themselves.
Dude the useless brand you just mention have you seen it in Nigeria, those it have global appeals,
Can it compete with the likes of Toyota in the market

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by osazsky(m): 8:50pm On Oct 26, 2022
olugabbie:

can u afford local rice..sine ur master say foreign rice is evil by now a bag of local rice suppose be 1k
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by SIMONEKPA7: 8:51pm On Oct 26, 2022
CBR100:

Done more with loans that is choking us to death. They even have a police station, they took over critical assets of some African countries. Have you heard of debt relief, who gave us, IMF. The Ajeokuta still you spoke about , millions in dollars was paid to Russia to revive and it never worked beyond few months. It has become damaged and useless by the Russian engineers.
Do you know society for family health, do you know USAID,do you no bill Gates and Melinda gates foundation,do you know Oxfam,do you etc. They are funded and supported by American govt.
Mention one thing your Russia has done. People wey de struggle economically....
Go to China or Russia, their citizens respect Americans like gods.

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by Aguogba(m): 8:52pm On Oct 26, 2022
mmadu5:
I trust Nigerian guys in Russia
They'll sell that plant multiple times.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by osazsky(m): 8:52pm On Oct 26, 2022
obedience4:

Dude the useless brand you just mention have you seen it in Nigeria, those it have global appeals,
Can it compete with the likes of Toyota in the market
just like Buhari they will produce rice that its citizens cant eat tankless of exporting...make Russians accept thier own quack first before thinking of exportation..none of thier product go reach this side our country never bad reach like that

3 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by jimetagambo: 8:52pm On Oct 26, 2022
NotBeenPaid:

War is expensive.
War has now entered 9th month.

Russia would think twice before ever invading any other country again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by SUPERPACK: 8:53pm On Oct 26, 2022
osazsky:
u dey mind them...Russia and China have embassy here yet no Nigerian apply but u go see Muslim they shout Russia Syria China but them nor gree go there..recently 2 of my Muslim friends relocated to Canada with thier families
.west na this west na bastard but Nigerians nor gree leave them..hypocrites..I have never seen a black Chinese or black Russian playing in the Olympics spits
Language barrier, bro. The two countries you mentioned promote nationalist ideologies. They hear English but prefer to always use their national languages. Imagine how crazy Russian language looks on paper sef. England, UK, us and Canada all speak English and our colonial Masters so easy to blend in.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by 8stargeneral: 8:55pm On Oct 26, 2022
Canyona1:
Wow , where are they heading too
properly Nigeria
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by jimetagambo: 8:55pm On Oct 26, 2022
osazsky:
just like Buhari they will produce rice that its citizens cant eat tankless of exporting...make Russians accept thier own quack first before thinking of exportation..none of thier product go reach this side our country never bad reach like that
Even in good times, their products were rubbish. I had one Russian made washing machine I bought in the past from a Russian returnee. Total junk that washing machine grin

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by SIMONEKPA7: 8:56pm On Oct 26, 2022
SUPERPACK:
Language barrier, bro. The two countries you mentioned promote nationalist ideologies. They hear English but prefer to always use their national languages. Imagine how crazy Russian language looks on paper sef. England, UK, us and Canada all speak English and our colonial Masters so easy to blend in.
Japan,Poland, Germany, France, Belgium, South Korea,. Do they speak English? Why you de list mumu China and Russia wey their labour laws de choking. How much is their wage.
Better keep shut

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by King2019(m): 8:57pm On Oct 26, 2022
Moymoy:

To be frank, they are not as developed. A number 2 or number 3 military nation should have placed high tech assets on the battlefield and wrapped up the Ukraine invasion in a month. All I am seeing is world war 2 tanks and last generation jets.
They have nuclear technology, yes, but they are not keeping pace with the rest of the west.
Impossible
Ukraine landmass is not a joke.
It is impossible or nearly impossible for any country to overrun a country with large landmass ask Russia how Germany and France suffered due to the size of the country.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by CBR100: 8:59pm On Oct 26, 2022
obedience4:

Kias are made in China,

Iran’s automotive industry is the third most active industry of the country, after its oil and gas industry, accounting for 10% of Iran's GDP and 4% of the workforce (700,000 person).[1][2][3]

In December 2008, the Tiba/Miniator debuted the Tiba with a 4-cylinder gas engine and ABS, averaging 7 liters of gasoline per 100 kilometers and putting out 80 PS (59 kW) with a displacement of 1,500 cc. The price quoted at the time of its launch was less than 100 million rials (US$10,000). The car was designed in country and produced with the services of some 122 local manufacturers. 15,000 Tiba were to be produced in 2009. Production over the succeeding three years was to reach 200,000 per year by a new subsidiary, Kashan SAIPA.[16] The Tiba is expected to replace the Kia Pride. The share of Tiba/Miniator in SAIPA's exports will be about 20 percent by 2011.<[17] The model was originally named Miniator but was later changed to Tiba (gazelle).[18]

In 2012, a pick-up version

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by osazsky(m): 8:59pm On Oct 26, 2022
SUPERPACK:
who told u all European countries speak English.. did Germany or France colonies Nigeria.. go and check French national team and see all thier black heads like kante there..I dont think France soccer team has one white apart from zidane who is also Africa.. wake me when u see a black Russia.. y muslims like violence against thier own colour...Russia is d biggest racist there are incidence of Russians pushing blacks into moving trains and these culprits are given mental.. infact d media hides it.if u get mind bross go China or Russia go huzzle u wont survive 6 months oga

3 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant by SUPERPACK: 8:59pm On Oct 26, 2022
SIMONEKPA7:

Japan,Poland, Germany, France, Belgium, South Korea,. Do they speak English? Why you de list mumu China and Russia wey their labour laws de choking. How much is their wage.
Better keep shut
And how many Nigerians do you see going to the countries you listed. You have no right to tell me when and when not to talk, kid.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Abbas Ahmed: Grandson Of Hezbollah Chief Nasrallah Killed In Israeli Airstrike / Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate / Chad Repaying $100m Debt To Angola With Cattle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.