Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,027 members, 7,814,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG (7498 Views)

Bashir Ahmad: Our Poll Map Shows That Tinubu Will Win 16 States, Obi Will Win 5 / I'm Counting On You To Beat APC, PDP - Peter Obi Tells Youths, Market Women / Ogun State Gov, Dapo Abiodun Visits Flood-Ravaged Areas in Ijebu-Ode - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:38pm On Oct 26, 2022
The Presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi, has called on the federal government to declare state of emergency on all states recently affected by flood.

Obi made the call on Wednesday in Taraba State where he went to sympathize with the victims of the flood disaster.

Obi, who visited the various locations affected by the disaster in Ibi Local Government Council of the state, was also observed to have beckoned at the government to adopt the global best practice that would help in desilting all its waters to avert a recurrence of floods.

Piqued by the havoc wreaked by floods across the nation, he said, “We are calling on the government to come with interventions, declare all the affected states a disaster area.”

Believing that it is not too late for the government to arrest the situation, he argued that “what the federal government has to do to stop this is to ensure that the waters are desilted.”

The candidate, who was of the view that water bodies or rivers ought to contribute to the wellbeing of the people, felt dejected that the rivers have become sources of calamities, the situation which believed can be reversed.

He admonished other presidential candidates to as a matter of urgency suspend their campaigns by assisting in raising awareness regarding the predicaments of floods victims across the country.

Several communities in Ibi, Lau and Karim-Lamido local government councils of the state, it would be recalled were recently submerged by floods following heavy downpours that lasted several hours in the aforementioned councils.
https://dailypost.ng/2022/10/26/declare-state-of-emergency-on-flood-ravaged-states-obi-tells-fg/

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:38pm On Oct 26, 2022
That's the right thing to do but Buhari only care about Cow, Human life mean nothing to him

Buhari is a BIG MISTAKE

But I know that Peter Obi will right all the many wrongs of major general Muhammadu Buhari (rtd)

104 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by Urheadmaster(m): 9:38pm On Oct 26, 2022
The right thing to do is to find everlasting solutions to flooding in Nigeria.

Relief materials while the problems last is a waste of resources tongue undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by slivertongue: 9:45pm On Oct 26, 2022
Seconded. FG rise to the occasion

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by Toluwanise247(m): 10:21pm On Oct 26, 2022
Obi is not smart….. on original flood. Assuming he is the president by now he will have declared state of emergency on every sector …….because nothing is working and state of emergency will correct everything at once …. Many countries are going through a lot too. Obi not let your garagara destroy things. I’m afraid for you if you enter. Boko-haram and bandit will show you pepper with this dying economy. Haaaaaaaaaa I pity next president

22 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by Blue3k(m): 10:38pm On Oct 26, 2022
Toluwanise247:
Obi is not smart….. on original flood. Assuming he is the president by now he will have declared state of emergency on every sector …….because nothing is working and state of emergency will correct everything at once …. Many countries are going through a lot too. Obi not let your garagara destroy things. I’m afraid for you if you enter. Boko-haram and bandit will show you pepper with this dying economy. Haaaaaaaaaa I pity next president

Lol states should be able to be able to declare there own states of emergency. Alot of people act like declaring a state emergency makes magic happen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by buckeyemedia: 10:39pm On Oct 26, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
That's the right thing to do but Buhari only care about Cow, Human life mean nothing to him

Buhari is a BIG MISTAKE

But I know that Peter Obi will right all the many wrongs of major general Muhammadu Buhari (rtd)
This Man Peter Obi is a confirmed Irritant. Tufiakpa, Jesus wept.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by buckeyemedia: 10:41pm On Oct 26, 2022
Blue3k:

Lol states should be able to be able to declare there own states of emergency. Alot of people act like declaring a state emergency makes magic happen.
Don’t mind that idiot empty barrel Pandora Pete, na so Liz Truss of UK behave make noise upandan, make me Prime Minister she shout, 44 days later she was history.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by Toluwanise247(m): 11:10pm On Oct 26, 2022
Blue3k:

Don’t mind them.
Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by MrOkenwa(m): 4:24am On Oct 27, 2022
Collective and long term intervention is very important.
It’s not all about declaring a state of emergency.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by kaywon: 4:24am On Oct 27, 2022
I'm ashamed how many of you are displaying ignorance. You needn't be a fan of the man to reason well. Funny how low thinkers are the ones badmouthing a solution provider, just because their political god wants to be president too.

Young people!! Future generation. This country has been hijacked by the elites oo. We better wake up on time. We better do things in the interest of the common man instead of heroworshipping old corrupt power seekers responsible for the mess we're already drowning in. How many of them elites are even affected by this flood. Hasn't GEJ long fled Otueke on chopper on hearing the flood was getting close his mansion?

Let's be open-minded and encourage people that mean well for the common man. For me, Peter Obi one such. All we're seeing of him now the same empathy for suffering people. If you see a man that can't be comfortable until his people are rescued, you'll know.

Peter Obi is one of us. He's not the typical Nigerian politician. He feels our pains and eats our food. He'll genuinely work for the good of the masses, and that's why most politicians are against him. The things he says tells you he has fallen out with the hijackers of our democracy (if he was ever in their good books before now). They won't support him except the few that mean well for our dear country. The only encouragement Peter Obi needs now is your support. Let's be his structure. He needs us to be able to help us, for a better Nigeria.

May God prosper Nigeria under the administration of Peter Obi, the incoming president of Nigeria, in Jesus' Name. Amen

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by Mko123(m): 4:25am On Oct 27, 2022
I think Obi didn't understand the essence and effect of the words State of emergency

I believe there are some places in the said states that are landlocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by ATEAMS: 4:25am On Oct 27, 2022
Indeed
Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by COMPAQ(m): 4:31am On Oct 27, 2022
valentineuwakwe:

https://dailypost.ng/2022/10/26/declare-state-of-emergency-on-flood-ravaged-states-obi-tells-fg/

I thunk we overuse this State of emergency phrase in Nigeria now. What exactly does it mean for Nigeria when we have a broke, corrupt and incompetent government? At least in US we know it means national guard will be deployed and federal disaster agency will get involved. Here we don't even know how to deal with basic problems of roads, rail, drainage, traffic etc. Its now disaster!

2 Likes

Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by Authoreety: 4:32am On Oct 27, 2022
The flood na serious matter o

5 Likes

Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by aseyi24: 4:34am On Oct 27, 2022
Obi is the only man for the job any other person Ogun kill them

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by kaywon: 4:37am On Oct 27, 2022
Toluwanise247:

Chill. You're a kid. No put mouth for wetin you no understand

13 Likes

Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by Tonypen247(m): 4:39am On Oct 27, 2022
Exactly
Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by onumadu: 4:43am On Oct 27, 2022
A true leader.
What Obi sees sitting down, the whole APC gang can't see it even if they climb on top of Olumo rock.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by arshavineering(m): 4:45am On Oct 27, 2022
So many kids here on nairaland like the two above. Declaring an event a state of emergency doesn't mean declaring the state lawless, it simply means declaring the event a national interest which needs to be accorded urgent response.

Your hate for OBi is killing your sense of human sympathy. People are suffering.

Kindly read this report below on the cause of the flood and tell me if this shouldn't be declared a state of emergency.

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/why-a-dam-in-cameroon-causes-devastating-floods-in-nigeria-every-year/py1twye?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=daily-2022-10-11

26 Likes

Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by Akwamkpuruamu: 4:46am On Oct 27, 2022
APC have turned a blind eye to Flooding in Nigeria. I don't no the morale they are using in campaigning, having worsened Nigeria situation all round

7 Likes

Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by kaywon: 4:47am On Oct 27, 2022
Mko123:
I think Obi didn't understand the essence and effect of the words State of emergency

I believe there are some places in the said states that are landlocked

Do well to google the application of state of emergency. Here in Nigeria, we're more familiar with it as using mopol to restrict movement in the night and all. But it's also used to manage disasters like flood. And from Obi's recommendation, the FG should both manage this current situation well (not abandon the victims) and also adopt preventive measures (global best practices) to avert future recurrence. And that's not counseling you should get for free

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:49am On Oct 27, 2022
COMPAQ:

I thunk we overuse this State of emergency phrase in Nigeria now. What exactly does it mean for Nigeria when we have a broke, corrupt and incompetent government? At least in US we know it means national guard will be deployed and federal disaster agency will get involved. Here we don't even know how to deal with basic problems of roads, rail, drainage, traffic etc. Its now disaster!
There was a country!!

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by jazon(m): 4:49am On Oct 27, 2022
arshavineering:
So many kids here on nairaland like the two above. Declaring an event a state of emergency doesn't mean declaring the state lawless, it simply means declaring the event a national interest which needs to be accorded urgent response.

Don't mind them.

8 Likes

Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by Benwallt(m): 4:49am On Oct 27, 2022
How many of the flooded states have declared a state of emergency on themselves? The governors just sit on state funds and expecting money from Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by Global2000: 5:00am On Oct 27, 2022
In your smartness as you claimed. What could have been the best approach in this situation.

Toluwanise247:

1 Like

Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by Brendaniel: 5:03am On Oct 27, 2022
That is what a good president should have done.

Peter Obi teaching Buhari, Tinubu and Atiku good governance

4 Likes

Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by EagleNest(m): 5:15am On Oct 27, 2022
Be careful and see below what Obi actually said:

Piqued by the havoc wreaked by floods across the nation, he said, “We are calling on the government to come with interventions, declare all the affected states a disaster area.”

And he is correct because it is what it is, a natural disaster.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by Fadayomideji: 5:53am On Oct 27, 2022
Toluwanise247:
forget about Boko Haram if necessary will call the assistant of other countries to help us with technology, but first we need to change leadership.
Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by Cutehector(m): 6:09am On Oct 27, 2022
Toluwanise247:
pity yourself..

3 Likes

Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by techWriter3: 6:11am On Oct 27, 2022
Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by Cutehector(m): 6:11am On Oct 27, 2022
Never let anyone drag you into their misery and myopic reasoning. Every emi lokan zombie has vowed that they will forever live in poverty because their Ultimate ruler Has removed their brains and put Ewa inside.

That is the reason why you see myopic comments whenever sense is preached.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission / Akpabio Doing Havoc In Akwa Ibom With Highest Allocation (600billion) / CBN May Liquidate Some of These Banks By September: What To Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.