Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:05 AM

Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense (9411 Views)

Obaseki Targets ₦‎70 Billion IGR In 2024 / Ekiti Targets ₦1.5 Billion IGR Monthly, Expands Tax Net / Folorunso Adesina: Osun Sets New Record With ₦19.6 Billion IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense by omonnakoda: 10:13pm On Oct 28, 2022
leokid866:
I'm sorry to upset you......but why would you privately finance what you can do publicly......if something goes wrong as a private funding what do you fall on? Shey the lenders have checked the books and said Lagos cannot pay or that Lagos is complaining that they do not want to pay the lenders.......I gave a good metaphor for how states handle borrowing and instead of you to look it over and see how you can handle your personal finance but you let your hate and stupidity get in the way......I'm so sorry for those who own you.......
clearly you cannot comprehend simple English . You just feel you must talk when you do not even understand what is being said. You just see a conversation and interject you stupid self into it . What did I say and what are you saying? What is the connection>

Ni bo ni ipade oloja ati asinwin?

Guy go and get someone to teach you English There is no connection between your gibberish and what I said . NONE so

please get lost
Re: Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense by swaggerjack: 10:22pm On Oct 28, 2022
Cubalabloo:
And 600 billion went to the drug lord's personal accounts.
cry
Re: Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense by swaggerjack: 10:23pm On Oct 28, 2022
Brendaniel:
And yet they have the highest debt and still they refused to sign FOI bill so that Tinubu and his cronies can be stealing unchecked...

They should sign the FOI bill if they have nothing to hide
100%

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense by voltron14: 10:26pm On Oct 28, 2022
owobokiri:

Stop the dikc measuring contest! I didn't tell you that I'm from Anambra.
I'm from Imo State! Can you tell us your state? Or are all of you from Lagos? Lol!
Anambra is a self made State! Lagos is a federal property!
If you're desperate to compare, try comparing Anambra with Ekiti or Osun. We can start from there.
Lagos was a federal political capital, the current economic and commercial capital of Nigeria, .. no part of Lagos was developed by you agbadorian numbskulls

Anambra state should be compared with Ouagadougou or Bobo Dioulasso.
Re: Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense by nedekid: 10:51pm On Oct 28, 2022
ideylaff:

I dont know why people are so ignorant pointing fingers at each other

Generated IGR means money collected of inhabitans of the state now the question is

1. Are the services provided by Lagos state commensurate to what is bn collected? Yes or No? No

2. Is there infrastructure in place to match whats bn collected from the people No

3. So why do we keep jumping up on revenue collection from the people as a sign of progress.

4. This is second degree slavery as some people/ a very few are living and jollofing on those funs while they feed back crumbs to the gullible sycophants.

Sad and Ignorant people ...Stockholm Syndrome is drowning them

Exactly.
Re: Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense by Kingcalls: 11:15pm On Oct 28, 2022
zikter:
Some statements are not just worth making in an argument. I am not a Lagosian or Yoruba but this your assertion is meaningless. First of all ask the Igbos what brought them to Lagos or better still who brought them to Lagos. Lagos did not park a train in south east or anywhere to load Igbos and bring them here. Something about Lagos attracted them that they did not see it somewhere. So stop thinking if they leave, they will not, because they will loose

Government favoritism , former capital, ... dont forget that lagos has the only real functional port ... if we had an equally good port in Anambra, do u think we gonna be in lagos buying up all the properties there ... if major offices were on the mainland, the Island will be a very dry place to leave in and properties will be very cheap... always understand the effect of proximity in business
Re: Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense by MRhaj: 11:26pm On Oct 28, 2022
Where is all this money going?

That is thr only bridge Tinuby built in lagos.

The link bridge of lagos revenue to his account

Vote wisely
Re: Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense by Laple0541(m): 12:27am On Oct 29, 2022
okeysoninv:
with this amount they ought to be doing 1000km of road annually. Lagos is not trying

Lagos should be constructing roads that Obi could not construct in Anambra I guess!
Re: Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense by OVB123: 12:30am On Oct 29, 2022
LegendHero:

I’m from Oyo state and my mom is from Ogun state.

Both states trump Anambra in IGR and infact Ogun state alone generate same IGR as the whole SE states combined.

Lol I don’t know why Yeebos are delusional, Lagos ceased to be the capital now over 30 years ago and you won’t let us rest. Even Kaduna don leave Anambla behind.

Below is the IGR figure, check Ogun and Oyo in that chart for me.

Create a new thread for that purpose, so that everybody will know where his or her state is, in the ranking. igbos need to know that yorubas are not their mate.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense by Nobody: 1:03am On Oct 29, 2022
Next year's would be way more, with the increase of every thing in the State, from:
Income Taxes,
Levies,
Licences,
Rates,
Charges,
Dues,
Fines,
Auctions,
commodity tax,
Bills,
Fees,
...etc
Service Providers and Businesses will in turn, increase the costs of their services and goods.

I feel for those who cannot afford all these.
Re: Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense by WileyECoyote: 1:09am On Oct 29, 2022
Alaba traders contributed over 75% to that IGR -so says average okoro pleb.
Re: Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense by Nobody: 1:17am On Oct 29, 2022
Kingcalls:

If the igbos leave lagos ...ur IGR will drop by 70%

You're very correct.
If you get a contact in NBS to give you the IGR of Lagos, based on Tribes, you'll be shocked at what igbos contribute to the Lagos economy.
One then wonders why they won't strive and seek to make those contributions to the economy of the South East.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense by leokid866: 1:55am On Oct 29, 2022
omonnakoda:
clearly you cannot comprehend simple English . You just feel you must talk when you do not even understand what is being said. You just see a conversation and interject you stupid self into it . What did I say and what are you saying? What is the connection>

Ni bo ni ipade oloja ati asinwin?

Guy go and get someone to teach you English There is no connection between your gibberish and what I said . NONE so

please get lost
lol you dont have to force yourself to type Yoruba.....feel free to express your anger in your own language......is like them no teach say na really for market madman dey live........ grin
Re: Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense by Johel(m): 2:01am On Oct 29, 2022
Jones4190:
tinubu is a gaol

Eya....you scored own "goal"

God forbid BATin
Re: Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense by Post4: 4:03am On Oct 29, 2022
Tinubu not only for Nigeria

Tinubu for Africa
Re: Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense by OmarBashir: 5:04am On Oct 29, 2022
On Tinubu...

Tinubu brought in Buhari , Buhari economic policies and inadequacies have sent us backward. Yes We are suffering.

Have you all forgot when Jagaban was excused from the government and you were all mocking him that he was served hot. So why did Tinubu have to pay for the sins of Buhari only because he supported him thinking there will be turnaround in all sectors of the economy.

Nigeria is in a developmental stage and Buhari did his own part too, in the history of Nigeria especially this 4th republic Buhari happened to be the most performed President when it comes to Infrastructural development especially in the Transport Sector.. Railways was reintroduced, New Airport Terminals were built, Road construction and Bridges.
But unfavourable economic policies crippled his government, yes he was trying to limit over reliance of importation by closing borders but you can always achieve this when local production have been boosted. Even the bigger economies have a percentage of foreign import to boost the local production.

I strongly believe Tinubu will be a better President out of the 3 owing to his previous achievement, anything Tinubu touches turns to Gold. I know a lot of you know Tinubu is a better candidate but sentiments have overshadowed us all..

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense by Tzar(m): 5:35am On Oct 29, 2022
Tinubu’s Lagos generates N750b & Obi’s Anambra generates N30b! Atiku’s Adamawa generates an inconsequential N13b!
Somebody will now tell me to choose either Lagos Master Planner OR Anambra Master Planner?! Which sane person will choose Anambra?!

Re: Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense by BATified2023: 6:49am On Oct 29, 2022
just2endowed:

Bro I stay in lagos and I pay my taxes here, and if u also pay your tax, you have the power to ask questions on how your money are being spent.... Or used for.
which state are u from alaye?
Re: Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense by zikter(m): 6:54am On Oct 29, 2022
Kingcalls:

Government favoritism , former capital, ... dont forget that lagos has the only real functional port ... if we had an equally good port in Anambra, do u think we gonna be in lagos buying up all the properties there ... if major offices were on the mainland, the Island will be a very dry place to leave in and properties will be very cheap... always understand the effect of proximity in business
Exactly what I am trying to say. Lagos has some attributes suitable for business hence it's attraction to people all over. It is beyond favoritism or former capital. Was calabar not a capital? Is Abuja not a capital? Why are businesses not concentrated there? Right now, in terms of security, who will want to invest or move business to say north or east when there is sit at home, bandits, terrorist etc. Lagos is better secured for both Nigerians and foreigners alike, one of the reasons for people's choice. It will interest you to know that, British airways has diverted it's flights from Abuja to Lagos for security reasons currently.
As you say, Lagos proximity to the ocean also counts. But again, that does not stop any state from getting a license to develop ports in their states. Lagos just finished the Lekki port and they got permission for badagri port few weeks ago.
Re: Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense by Akmahoghany: 7:33am On Oct 29, 2022
Cubalabloo:
And 600 billion went to the drug lord's personal accounts.

Continue to crying, mumu
Re: Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense by Akmahoghany: 7:39am On Oct 29, 2022
Brendaniel:
And yet they have the highest debt and still they refused to sign FOI bill so that Tinubu and his cronies can be stealing unchecked...

They should sign the FOI bill if they have nothing to hide

I know say Tinubu your problem, and am so sure, inside of you, your prayers is to have a successful father like him, but so sorry......... continue wailing.
Re: Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense by stepone(m): 7:41am On Oct 29, 2022
cherishmichael:
Fine, we are all Obidient.

Not just being Obidient, but be Obidient to that man that made the partway for the NEW Lagos, and made sure other governors follow his blueprint, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Re: Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense by Regladoj: 8:53am On Oct 29, 2022
Truly Lagos is suppose to be better than than this. I wish there can be a robust plan for the inner roads like Ambode did then. Lagos inner roads is in need of government presence
Re: Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense by Kingcalls: 9:02am On Oct 29, 2022
zikter:
Exactly what I am trying to say. Lagos has some attributes suitable for business hence it's attraction to people all over. It is beyond favoritism or former capital. Was calabar not a capital? Is Abuja not a capital? Why are businesses not concentrated there? Right now, in terms of security, who will want to invest or move business to say north or east when there is sit at home, bandits, terrorist etc. Lagos is better secured for both Nigerians and foreigners alike, one of the reasons for people's choice. It will interest you to know that, British airways has diverted it's flights from Abuja to Lagos for security reasons currently.
As you say, Lagos proximity to the ocean also counts. But again, that does not stop any state from getting a license to develop ports in their states. Lagos just finished the Lekki port and they got permission for badagri port few weeks ago.

Abuja is landlocked... calabar was way b4 independence... if calabar was capital thru to the early 80s... lagos will not be what it is today
Re: Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense by tribalmall: 9:48am On Oct 29, 2022
What law is against that in the Nigeria constitution or you are just testing madness.

katordidi:
Tax collection is one of the fundamental responsibilities of the government through the internal revenue service, clearly he used his position as governor to award such huge contract to his company. He doesn't deserve to keep 10% of the entire IGR of the state to himself, thats why he still decides who gets what in Lagos till date, not even incumbent governors can challenge a man in control of such humongous wealth coupled with the fact that his family controls the markets, advertising bill boards and even the motor parks. That's all shades of wrong
Re: Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense by Brendaniel: 9:55am On Oct 29, 2022
Akmahoghany:

I know say Tinubu your problem, and am so sure, inside of you, your prayers is to have a successful father like him, but so sorry......... continue wailing.

Sorry I don't envy thieves and extremely greedy human beings....

Re: Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense by Unigrad: 10:39am On Oct 29, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Our budget for next year is N1.67trillion, only N350 billion is the deficit the loan is proposed to cover. The remaining N1.3 will be generated by LASG.

check my signature for free stuffs!
What about allocation from federation account?
If Lagos can generate #700B plus from IGR alone, and their budget is #1.5trn, I see no reason why they should borrow.
How much is their allocation from federation account?
Re: Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense by chinwuba7: 2:13pm On Oct 29, 2022
For your house
Re: Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense by AlphaTaikun: 2:38pm On Oct 29, 2022
Clevite:
LAGOS STATE IN 2021

Lagos State generated ₦753.5 billion in IGR and received ₦243 billion as FAAC.

Total (FAAC + IGR): ₦996.5 billion

https://twitter.com/StatiSense/status/1586030313641332737?t=egKpMf4U_E0xb5Ulafspng&s=19

https://twitter.com/StatiSense/status/1586032679874883585?t=rYBE5e7QPg7S7De2brbcNA&s=19
Over $1billion annually for Lagos State... Too legit to quit!

1 Share

Re: Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense by cherishmichael: 4:15pm On Oct 29, 2022
leokid866:
Obidients no dey give Shishi.....the way APC and Tinubu will use Money to blind people's eye this Election season...... grin

Money is not everything, man most not leave by money alone and be blinded and deprived from a better Nigeria.
Re: Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense by katordidi(m): 6:22pm On Oct 29, 2022
tribalmall:
What law is against that in the Nigeria constitution or you are just testing madness.

Make your points without resorting to insults, thought we were having a civilised discussion
Re: Lagos State Generated ₦753.5 Billion IGR In 2021 — Statisense by leokid866: 10:50am On Oct 31, 2022
cherishmichael:

Money is not everything, man most not leave by money alone and be blinded and deprived from a better Nigeria.
wait till the money land before you start talking like this....... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

$3m Bribe: We Released Lawan Under Pressure - Investigators / Jonathan Was Fair To Ndigbo, Says Igbo Group / Why Do Militarymen Always Say "Morning Sir" Whenever They Greet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.