Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. (5052 Views)

20 Best Inspirational Speeches From The Movies / List The Movies That Gave You Sleepless Nights / Sponsor My Film Project And U'll Never Regret If (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by janami(f): 7:17pm On Nov 22, 2007
Blink and matyrs song series, all by Ted Dekker. A very brilliant xtian fiction author. Puts ur imagination to work smiley
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by samix(m): 7:36pm On Nov 22, 2007
so surprised nobody talked about john grisham here

anywayz i would love to see

The broker----john grisham

The brethren--- j.g

The partner---j.g

The firm---j.g

virtually all his novels, the guy is an absolute page turner
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 22, 2007
casandra compact by robert ludlum and best laid plans by sydney sheldon
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by hortongate(m): 8:01pm On Nov 22, 2007
I am not much of a novel reader but i've managed to read a few like "The Lonely Londoners".
I bet it would be a comic masterpiece with all the West Indian characters and the Nigerian "who without a dime in the world went to the altar to say i do".
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by krisbobo(m): 8:36pm On Nov 22, 2007
@Grafikan

The Concubine has been made into film this year. It was directed by Andy Amenechi and was premiered at BOBTV Film and Television Expo (organised by Amaka Igwe and Charles Igwe) in Abuja in March.

I walked out after 7 minutes. It was an insult to a classic. The book is a classic of Nigerian literature and the film, at least what i saw of it, lacked the beauty and depth of the novel. Wale Adenuga did the same thing to Ola rotimi's play, The gods are not to Blame. I think people should just leave classics alone unless they can do them properly!

@Samm

The NFC had plans of doing The passport of Mallam Illia. Yinka Ogun was contacted to write the screenplay and I knew when he was writing it earlier in the year. that's the last i heard of the project.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by floxyrangy: 9:12pm On Nov 22, 2007
evbu, my love and all of helen Ovbiagele's works
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by zigbo(f): 9:19pm On Nov 22, 2007
PTBNaija:

The Famished Road by Ben Okri
Things Fall Apart by Chinue Achebe
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

things fall apart has got a movie or if u like drama featuring pete edochie
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by Bawss1(m): 9:36pm On Nov 22, 2007
Top of my list would be The Devil's Alternative by Fredrick Forsyth. I haven't read anything that matches it since! I think The Miko by Lustbader will make a nice hollywood action flick.
The Negotiator by F.Forsyth
Come to think about any of Forsyth's books will easily make a nice silver screen adaptation,
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by wyt(m): 10:15pm On Nov 22, 2007
i 'd like to see the following

eze goes to school
eze goes to college
both by onuorah nzekwe

for english sid, want to see
the day trader,
the trust fund
the silent partner
all by stephen fray

i want to get other books of the stephen fray
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by tarezulu(m): 10:31pm On Nov 22, 2007
'sorrows of satan' --------- Marie Corelli
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by koolsasy(f): 11:51pm On Nov 22, 2007
ill love to c THE KID BY KEVIN LEWIS acted.its one of d gretest buks i eva read, ill also lyke john grishams THE FIRM.i think dahs all.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by ifyalways(f): 12:25am On Nov 23, 2007
i wud love to see things fall apart in te real igbo setting.
then "chromosone 6" by robbins cook.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by iice(f): 1:35am On Nov 23, 2007
The firm - john grisham has a movie already
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by odada(m): 5:34am On Nov 23, 2007
Woah!I have been waiting a while to do this but bgee beat me to the game,cool anywayz, here goes my pick;
1.Clear and present danger-------Tom Clancy
2.His Bright light-------Danielle steel
3.Cover story----------Collin forbes
4.All of Sidney's Sheldons books cheesy cheesy cheesy

And the list goes on,wait let me clear my head I think I have got a hang over? embarassed embarassed grin grin grin
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by weebee(f): 10:28am On Nov 23, 2007
I would like to see 'The Other Side of Midnight' and 'The Rage of Angels' by Sidney Sheldon
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by Rosietimes(f): 10:57am On Nov 23, 2007
shocked WHAT!!! Nobody wants to see a movie of Eric Van Lust Bader books.
Personally i'd love to see a movie made of Jian and Ninja by the above author and I'd rather not see any nigerian novel made into a movie if they're just going to bungle and create a mess out of a masterpiece.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by Azanor(m): 1:22pm On Nov 23, 2007
if they wanted to make the movie of halo, i think the first book( the fall of reach) will make a perfectly good movie. with someone like peter jackson at the helm, what could possibly go wrong.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by sloane(f): 1:43pm On Nov 23, 2007
servants of twilight , can't remember the name of the author
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by ndubest(m): 1:49pm On Nov 23, 2007
, would like to watch

The summon, John Grisham

I wouldnt mind another set of actors remaking

"THINGS FALL APART", to be shot with state-of-the-art camera, may be on celluloid
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by hollandis(f): 3:29pm On Nov 23, 2007
SHADOW FIRES -DEAN KOONTZ
TWILIGHT EYES -DEAN KOONTZ
SERVANTS OF TWILIGHT-DEAN KOONTZ
MOONLIGHT-DEAN KOONTZ
PHANTOMS-DENKOONTZ
WHISPERS,WATCHERS ALL OF DEAN KOONTZ

[size9pt]DEAN KOONTZ NA THE REAL ONE[/size]
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by chychy(f): 6:43pm On Nov 23, 2007
Beowulf has an adaptation, i'm so happy, can't wait 2 c it, we read that in the uni

Leota's Garden - Francine Rivers
Redeeming love - Francine Rivers
Lethal Seduction - Jackie Collins

the truth is i usually prefer the books to the movies

This is officially inviting all book lovers to www.shelfari.com
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by cammax7(m): 7:50pm On Nov 23, 2007
obviously nobody here has read, The Charm School by Nelson Demille. I'll watch it ten times over.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by lorebobo(f): 12:09am On Nov 24, 2007
salem's lot - stephen king
code to zero - ken follet
contagion - james patterson
the innocent man - john grisham
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by subice(m): 11:42pm On Nov 24, 2007
Has anybody read Ludlum's The Janson Directive? One of the best and last novels written by ludlum. And permit me to say it is the BOMB.

Yeah that novel's really an fantastic read. Once you start a Ludlum novel, you're literally in it till you finish.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 25, 2007
i'd like to see frank perettis' After the darkness and this present darkness.
also like to see John Grishams' The Firm
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by bgees(m): 1:26pm On Nov 25, 2007
The movie for The Firm has already been made.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by PoDeep(m): 2:59pm On Nov 25, 2007
Xaviera goes wild - Don't know d author.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by lorebobo(f): 6:19pm On Nov 25, 2007
john grisham is one of the greatest but have you read 'the painted house'? that book is BORING.

to those who want purple hibiscus to be turned into a movie, not a good idea. the whole book is full of someone's thoughts. it'll be hard for it to be produced except by an excellent cast and crew.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by tommyex(m): 12:58am On Nov 26, 2007
Grisham novels will make thrilling films

LUDLUM. hmmmmmm MATERESE CIRCLE is his most action packed book,i wont love his books in a flim,bt that can do.

All SHELDON novels will make the HITS,he was the MAN

D STEEL films will jus bring tears to your sitting room,I mean how can they even perform FAMILY ALBUM,d xters will be weeping all day  grin

DEAN KOONTZ-STRANGERS
(D Koontz fans-Hollandis n Beeyodun,i hope you have read it,its his best)

D Koontz-INTENSITY in a film is alot of suspense
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by tommyex(m): 1:06am On Nov 26, 2007
Lorebobo

Painted house is an embarassment to novels,If i explain what i went thru 2 get that book when it 1st came out,and jus 2 read all the dry pages.
If its doen in a film ur TV will jus power down by itself grin

It was his 1st book that i read,and i dint read another 1 for another 2 years,before people convinced me he aint that bad
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by LITTLEMAMS: 4:17pm On Nov 26, 2007
No dDanielle Steele fan?
really want to see movies of this books by her.
Secrets by Daniele steels
Palomino by Daniele steels

The 'other side of the Midnight by Sidney Sheldon
'Momories of the Midnight by Sidney shildon; some said; already this books by Sheldon are already acted. but have not seen one myself.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by LITTLEMAMS: 4:57pm On Nov 26, 2007
gud

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#bbnaija: Gedoni And Kim Knew Each Other Before The House (throwback Photo) / Honey, Save D Last Dance Or Step Up, Which Is Ur Favourite Movie & Why ? / Nigeria Bashed (Or Exposed?) Again On American TV - CSI On CBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.