Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,417 members, 7,850,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:15 PM

Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister (37043 Views)

FLASHBACK: 3 Times Buhari Said He Approved Naira Redesign / Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, Tinubu Rejected It, Is All Really Well In APC? / Buhari Approved The Release Of National Stadium, Surulere To Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by buckeyemedia: 12:23pm On Oct 29, 2022
Ecos:

Shut up your dirty mouth clueless zombie. I wonder the kind of senseless person you will be in real life. I know for sure that people around you will be avoiding you for your wickedness. You are such a pathetic and a sadist that derive joy in seeing people suffering. May God have mercy on your wretched soul
Gloating in your ignorance.
Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by petermichaels(m): 12:26pm On Oct 29, 2022
NEW NOTES THAT WILL BE FILLED WITH HIDDEN INSCRIPTIONS. TUEH! IF UNA LIKE, CHANGE THE SKY. THIS ADMINISTRATION WILL STILL GO WITH THE TAG... "CLUELESS SHAMEFUL HEADS"
Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by Misterone: 12:29pm On Oct 29, 2022
Ecos:

Shut up your dirty mouth clueless zombie. I wonder the kind of senseless person you will be in real life. I know for sure that people around you will be avoiding you for your wickedness. You are such a pathetic and a sadist that derive joy in seeing people suffering. May God have mercy on your wretched soul
no matter the hatred you feel, the law is the law and it has been followed. If you no like am hug transformer.
Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by baralatie(m): 12:59pm On Oct 29, 2022
observanc1:
what's the difference
Autonomous body
Independent body
The two are different
Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by bonnyhope: 1:29pm On Oct 29, 2022
Ecos:

Correct him if he was wrong

But you chose to abuse instead
Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by dannrey: 1:34pm On Oct 29, 2022
Ecos:

na bureau de change u dey work for I know.
Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by kioski: 1:53pm On Oct 29, 2022
tinsel:

And you think it is normal and proper for the chief economic officer of the nation to only know about this through the news media?
This is the reason this government is not doing well. There is no coordination and everybody in the government is trying to out smart each other.
Which is worse, that she goes aborrowing to be eventually looted or we correct the ills at a minimal discomfort. Use your head because people like you will vote in the wrong person again
Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by writeprof(m): 2:53pm On Oct 29, 2022
Moh247:
cool

CBN and Finance Ministry has different roles and are independent of each other

One handles Fiscal policy the other handles Monetary policy

And both have failed woefully in their roles !
Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by oaugraduate1234(m): 5:13pm On Oct 29, 2022
To succeed in affliate marketing, you are required:

1. *To set up Leads generation Ad that brings in 70-100 Quality Leads to your WhatsApp DM every day at a Super Low Cost.*

2. *Massively Increase Your Status Views thereby getting more eyes on Any Digital Product you are selling or promoting*

3. *Drive prospective buyers on your WhatsApp list to see your offer on a daily basis.*

4. *Get More sales Everyday because you generate Leads Everyday.*

For more information enquiries on how to generate sales from your leads in affliate marketing, kindly click on the link below.

https:///yw9tzxrr
Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by commoditiesnig: 7:05pm On Oct 29, 2022
Grate07:
I am surprise how people love to insult people for no reason. This platform should be were issues are discussed without sentiment, but with superior reasons.
I tell you bro.. so many kids here
Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by commoditiesnig: 7:12pm On Oct 29, 2022
baralatie:

I don't think anyone is arguing with the fact that the president chose to work with the cbn directly.what is considered an error on the part of the cbn is when it now involves the redesign of a national currency...all stakeholders at the national level must be copied and notified of it's proposals to the president
How would the cbn now feels if the ministry of finance now writes to the president that it was an ill advised decision and it was reckless! Then the NEC will now stop go back and ask cbn to re- notify the ministry starting from the beginning
You're not correct sir

One of the main purpose of currency change is due to security. Therefore only the C-in-C is meant to be aware and not any other "stakeholders". Do you know if it's those stakeholders that may have been hoarding funds or using them to perpetuate insecurity.

In such matters as this the CBN reports directly to the C-in-C.
Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by observanc1: 7:23pm On Oct 29, 2022
baralatie:

Autonomous body
Independent body
The two are different
go siddon.
Just semantics.
There is no difference between Independent National Electoral Commission and CBN in terms of independence.
Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by BigIyanga: 7:27pm On Oct 29, 2022
Ecos:

The fact that you used insults as an empty rebuttal clearly shows what’s wrong with Naija. Idi10ts are running the show.
Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by baralatie(m): 7:51pm On Oct 29, 2022
observanc1:
go siddon.
Just semantics.
There is no difference between Independent National Electoral Commission and CBN in terms of independence.
Plus nnpc
They are all autonomous bodies but they are not independent
Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by baralatie(m): 7:56pm On Oct 29, 2022
commoditiesnig:

You're not correct sir

One of the main purpose of currency change is due to security. Therefore only the C-in-C is meant to be aware and not any other "stakeholders". Do you know if it's those stakeholders that may have been hoarding funds or using them to perpetuate insecurity.

In such matters as this the CBN reports directly to the C-in-C.
The cbn did not identify security as the main reason for redesign of the naira.he said the r ason was to pull the #3 trillion in circulation through the banks
And if the cbn is saying security is the reason.then the cbn will have to tell the president that there is a security problem(of which the cbn does not have such Intel).unless it has been discussed between the cbn,DSS,security command and the president.
Well!
What do very the reasons may be they cannot go back now!
We only wish the govt a successful implementation of the policy without any problems or bottlenecks
Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by observanc1: 8:02pm On Oct 29, 2022
baralatie:

Plus nnpc
They are all autonomous bodies but they are not independent
nnpc is different. NNPC is under Ministry of Petroleum, but CBN and INEC are not under any ministry

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by baralatie(m): 8:03pm On Oct 29, 2022
observanc1:
nnpc is different. NNPC is under Ministry of Petroleum, but CBN and INEC are not under any ministry
But all of them are autonomous bodies
Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by observanc1: 8:08pm On Oct 29, 2022
baralatie:

But all of them are autonomous bodies
that's why I say u should define what u mean by autonomous and independent and tell me the difference.
Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by Emdebby2: 11:31pm On Oct 29, 2022
Confused set of people
Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by Didijiji: 11:39pm On Oct 29, 2022
Moh247:

CBN sorted Presidential approval and Buhari duly approved it

Security aspect of the sudden issuance of naira note would be defeated if everyone knows about it in the cabinet

Finance Minister is from Kaduna, part of the reason to introduce the note is to counter insurgency

sorted indeed. No wonder dollar is 800
Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by bdon123(m): 5:19am On Oct 30, 2022
tinsel:

And you think it is normal and proper for the chief economic officer of the nation to only know about this through the news media?
This is the reason this government is not doing well. There is no coordination and everybody in the government is trying to out smart each other.
I can guarantee u ministry of finance didn't just hear abt this...its jst beef btw two ministry
Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by joyandfaith: 5:28am On Oct 30, 2022
Moh247:

CBN sorted Presidential approval and Buhari duly approved it

Security aspect of the sudden issuance of naira note would be defeated if everyone knows about it in the cabinet

Finance Minister is from Kaduna, part of the reason to introduce the note is to counter insurgency

Listen to yourself.@bolded. Not good reason. I am very sure mof was aware of it but not part of the process so the minister is in pain.
Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by oskopy: 6:34am On Oct 30, 2022
May Fulani man be far from this country.never again will they be president
Re: Buhari Approved Naira Redesign, CBN Replies Finance Minister by Murtalao60: 10:06am On Oct 30, 2022
Nigeria my country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months / Senator Ike Ekweremadu And Family In Adorable Photos - Caption Her Daughter / Photos From The University Of Maiduguri Mosque Bomb Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.