Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. (4441 Views)

How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism / Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction / The Biggest Church In Nigeria, Some Say, Mfm, Redeem,cele Etc, So Tell Niger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. by seyibrown(f): 12:21am On Aug 28, 2011
Micuilles:

@ Frosbel & Sweetnecta,

I don't understand why you both are exchanging unnecessary insults at each other instead of quoting scriptures or qurran, as the case may be, & learning something from each other. I know that necta does not believe in Jesus & can be utterly rude at times but two wrongs don't make a right.

Frosbel, you can help him understand better what name the Holy spirit responds to & also who Jesus is. I'm sure t6his will help necta many other readers to learn something. wink wink wink

Sweetnecta has asked so many questions on quite a few threads about the Holy Spirit, his name, and God's name. He has been given answers but unfortunately, he just does not REALLY understand it or is just feigning ignorance! He has now degenerated to the level of asking whether human beings have spirits! embarassed embarassed He has refused to remove the cloak of 'pretend ignorance' he has been wearing all these years!
Re: Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. by Sweetnecta: 7:06am On Aug 28, 2011
@Seyibrown; if you have given me the name of the holy spirit since it is not holy ghost in your statement above, please provide it here and now.

i know the name of the one who spoke to moses as I AM. thats what aletheia said that moses heard. though later the same aletheia called Him
Yahweh as he decided to pray for me. Paul and you call Him Jehovah. Jesus called Him Ellah.

i will give you guys all the names above, including the rarely mentioned 'I AM'.

i know the name of the one you call the messiah to the whole world as Jesus, though he was sent to the children of Israel, and their messiah before the that prophet and the another comforter arrived.

i know not the name of the one you call the holy spirit. please give me its name. you will do yourself a favor by educating this man, at least providing the proper name of the one who got young Mary pregnant before Yahweh became the father. i do hope you realize that if you say Yahweh got her pregnant, you have destroyed the trinity meaning that the christian's holy spirit is a lie?

if you drag it further, then Jesus actually got his own mother pregnant is what you will be saying, then duality will be the only possible thing standing. and that is bad for christianity.

@Micullies; please accept my sincere apology if i am rude, even utterly rude. i will not respond to frosbel, ever again. but i want Seyibrown or any christian to give me the name of holy spirit. the name must not be the name of Jesus or the name of Yahweh. otherwise christianity is finished.
Re: Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. by MyVicky: 7:43am On Aug 28, 2011
People can choose to bear whichever name they so desire and we call people whatever they choose to be called-that's their name.
People bear food, fish, evil, praise, meat, jobs, stone, sand, alethea, My vicky, Mutallab, Obama, Osama, Marx, Luther, Cameron, Rice, Messi, Hitler, Edison, Carson, Farah, aristotle, gandhi, suzuki, mayaki, sarkosy,kidney, comfort, counsellor, and the list is endless.
So, what is the problem with the name Holy Ghost, Holy Spirit, Comforter, Spirit of Truth Are those not names enough? Ok, until there is 'Abdul' before a name, it's no name right?
Re: Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. by Sweetnecta: 8:23am On Aug 28, 2011
@my vicky; you do not take the same position as you are taking now with holy spirit, when it comes to Yahweh or Jesus. You quickly give us their names. Please give us the same as to the name of the holy spirit. holy spirit is just a title.

ironically, i was watching jamaican hardtalk program where muslim revert was saying it is the bible that led him to islam, because the holy spirit was supposed to make everything clear, yet the christians are quick to say 'things of spirituality are mystery to canal mind'.

fine. i have canal mind. what about you who does not, or your pastor who doesnt? get from him the proper name of the holy spirit, otherwise, the holy spirit does not exist as you claim.

the holy spirit failed in his definition if you can't give me his proper name. you need to call him on it or totally reject him. when you reject him for his failure, you must reject christianity just as fast. please watch the below;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjfQ9AwFlLk&feature=related
Re: Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. by Micuilles: 9:57am On Aug 28, 2011
@ Jo, what do you think?

@ sweetnecta; Enigma & all

Let me help out, you just remove every hate from your heart & be open minded as you read this. In John 8:58, Jesus said unto them, verily verily I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM. if you notice, the pharisees did not say Jesus was claiming to pre-exist Abraham per-se, but they said to Jesus "how can you call yourself God" and they attempted to throw stones at him. This is because, Jesus was saying he is the I AM that appeared to moses as Jehovah.

In Matt 28:19, ,  Baptizing them in the NAME of the father, son, & Holy ghost. With this, you discover that it's one name & not three different names. Acts 2;38 Peter admonished that they should be baptized in the NAME of Jesus & recieve the HOLY ghost. In Phil. 2;9-10, God approved that at the mention of the name Jesus, every knee should bow, in heaven, earth & under the earth. Remember, jesus always said I & my father are one.

As christians, we believe God as Holy trinity, the Father, Son & Holy Ghost. But you see, the Holy Ghost responds to the name of Jesus. Matt 1:24, 2;13, Isa 63:9, Gen 16:11 you'll see that the Holy Spirit is the angel of God's pressence i.e. if he responds to the name of Jesus, then trully, Jesus is also God's name. That's why we should baptize & pray in the name of Jesus. I hope this is clear enough?  wink wink wink
Re: Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. by Micuilles: 10:12am On Aug 28, 2011
@ All,

What  am saying in essence is that, after Jesus humled himself to the cross, by obedient, after being raised from the dead Col 2:9 reads " For in him (Jesus) dwelleth the fulness of the Godhead bodily" i.e. Jesus is the totality of God. Don't you just Love Him? wink
Re: Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. by Sweetnecta: 11:36am On Aug 28, 2011
@Micuilles; « #68 on: Today at 09:57:28 AM »
[Quote]@ Jo, what do you think?

@ sweetnecta; Enigma & all

Let me help out, you just[b] remove every hate from your heart & be open minded as you read this[/b]. In John 8:58, Jesus said unto them, verily verily I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM. if you notice, the pharisees did not say Jesus was claiming to pre-exist Abraham per-se, but they said to Jesus "how can you call yourself God" and they attempted to throw stones at him. This is because, Jesus was saying he is the I AM that appeared to moses as Jehovah.[/Quote]i opened my mind up and threw away the hate[s]. then that helped me to realize at long last that no one ever called Jesus I AM, and Jesus didn't call himself that, even just one time. Even Jesus was not called Immanuel, even as a joke o a casual reminder by anyone, including him. Jesus never said he was Yahweh or Jehovah even. When Jesus final mentioned the Name of God, he said not Yahweh, or Jehovah or I AM, but Ellah or if you want Eloi. I wonder how you read into what Jesus said with what Jesus didnt say? Before Abraham, there were many people; the father of Abraham, the Uncle[s] of Abraham, the elders of Ur, then we have Melchizedek, Noah and his people, Enoch and his people, all the children of Adam, all the daughters of men who the sons of God got pregnant, Eve and then Adam to name those people you cant dispute. Even my soul as a spirit existed before Abraham came on earth and definitely before Jesus was born. and ironically, i am alive today and my body houses that spiritual entity which is my soul.

[Quote]In Matt 28:19, , Baptizing them in the NAME of the father, son, & Holy ghost. With this, you discover that it's one name & not three different names. [/Quote]If this is true, then father was not just Yahweh, but was messiah and holy spirit, too. The son was not just Jesus, but was father and holy spirit, too. The holy spirit was not just Nameless, but was messiah and father, too. So when the holy spirit was getting Mary pregnant, father was there the reason you call Him father. Son was there too but you do not call him father for getting his mother pregnant, but you call him son, instead. Why is this the case? the holy spirit did the pregnant-ing, but you never called him the father. Why is that the case? Then when son was hung, all of them were hung is what you are saying. Who is not the dying God then? when Jesus was visible to us, then father and holy spirit were visible. Why is father not seen at anytime? Why is the holy spirit not physical when he appeared?

[Quote]Acts 2;38 Peter admonished that they should be baptized in the NAME of Jesus & recieve the HOLY ghost. In Phil. 2;9-10, God approved that at the mention of the name Jesus, every knee should bow, in heaven, earth & under the earth.[/Quote]Jesus never said this in the 3 years he was around this people. I will ask you why he didn't, and was Peter and or the author of Phil. 2; 9 and 10 the another comforter who led to all things? Or the above was just a total make up to continue in the steps of the mysterious, instead of making things plain? I know I am a canal man. what about you, because certainly, the above does not make sense, if you are not blinded by your faith?

[Quote] Remember, jesus always said I & my father are one.[/Quote]this statement destroys trinity if you accept it. either was you lose.

[Quote]As christians, we believe God as Holy trinity, the Father, Son & Holy Ghost. But you see, the Holy Ghost responds to the name of Jesus. Matt 1:24, 2;13, Isa 63:9, Gen 16:11 you'll see that the Holy Spirit is the angel of God's pressence i.e. if he responds to the name of Jesus, then trully, Jesus is also God's name. That's why we should baptize & pray in the name of Jesus. I hope this is clear enough? Wink Wink Wink[/Quote]Angel of God's presence. that pricks my mind to ask you what does that mean? which angel of God comes when the holy spirit comes? what do you mean if he responds to the name of Jesus? who is the he here? whats the name of the holy spirit, even if it is an angel? i want to know, otherwise he does not exist.

[Quote]« #69 on: Today at 10:12:54 AM »

@ All,

What am saying in essence is that, after Jesus humled himself to the cross, by obedient[/Quote]nased on what you have said above, i am making your statement clearer to you and all of mankind that you are saying that in one single event, Jesus, Yahweh and nameless holy spirit were humbled on the cross by being obedient. Obedient to who wxactly? Please explain and name names.

[Quote], after being raised from the dead [/Quote]to mean all the 3 were raised from dead. who raised them all from dead, for certain Jesus didn't raise himself, so was Yahweh and same thing for the nameless holy ghost about himself respectively. Whoever raised them up is Most Powerful and deserves to be the God. further, after death and being raised up, why was Jesus not walking the street openly, instead hiding from the killers? why? was he concerned that that they will do it over all again?

[Quote]Col 2:9 reads " For in him (Jesus) dwelleth the fulness of the Godhead bodily" i.e. Jesus is the totality of God. Don't you just Love Him? Wink[/Quote]Col. 2;9 did not give a clear reason he made such a conclusion. it is therefore baseless and fraudulent. if his reasons were what you penned above it, then answer the many questions i raised from what you wrote. you asked me to be open minded. i have. you didn't say i should be ignorant. i would have said no. i need truth from you and not what you said above.to me you are a bold man. at least you are saying without saying it directly with Gen 16 verse 11 that Hajar received news from holy spirit, who is the Angel of God. whats the name of that Angel, please?
Re: Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 28, 2011
Muslims need our prayers, they are absolutely blinded by SATAN. So no matter how openly you put the truth before them, they will see it but not understand it.

It takes God's mercy , Love and our prayers to help them.
Re: Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. by vedaxcool(m): 4:05pm On Aug 28, 2011
In the bible the holy ghost acts like the errand boy, who gets sent to do all sort of chore while the real God sits on his throne.
Re: Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. by seyibrown(f): 11:46pm On Aug 28, 2011
@ Sweetnecta,

I told you last year that:

since the spirit (or ghost) of Sweetnecta = Sweetnecta, then the Spirit of God (Holy Ghost, Holy Spirit) = God.

Since you still seem not to understand that logic, why don't you ask Allah? Surely, he must be able to give you an answer to this question that burns you so much! I ask God questions, and his spirit gives me answers! Ask Allah for once; let him talk to you! God talks to his children, and even his slaves and servants! Come back and give us the name of the spirit of God that Allah gives you in answer!
Re: Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. by Sweetnecta: 12:42am On Aug 29, 2011
@Seyibrown; « #73 on: Yesterday at 11:46:49 PM »
[Quote]@ Sweetnecta,

I told you last year that:

since the spirit (or ghost) of Sweetnecta = Sweetnecta, then the Spirit of God (Holy Ghost, Holy Spirit) = God.[/Quote]I have a soul, in my body. When i die the soul is removed from the body, being unseen, it is therefore a spirit. Is God of the christianity no more a Trinity? if you can name son as Jesus, father as Yahweh, why are you afraid to give me the name of the Ghost? You don't know it or there is no Ghost as a God is what you are really telling us here.

[Quote]you still seem not to understand that logic,[/Quote]here you are applying logic, yet you were certain about Jesus and Yahweh. this is inconsistency. you cant use two rules on a single subject.

[Quote] why don't you ask Allah? Surely, he must be able to give you an answer to this question that burns you so much![/Quote]It is clear to me that you have no answer. In the Quran the Holy Spirit was sent to Mary to announce the birth of Prophet Isa, her son [as]. Mary saw this man standing in front of her told him to fear Allah if he has the intention of doing evil. The man who appeared suddenly said to her in order to calm her down and assured her of no evil coming from him, that he is a Messenger of God, to her to announce the birth of a child. this man is an Angel named Gabriel and he is known by other titles. One of them is Ruhu Qudus, the holy spirit, since all heavenly beings are spirits not seen by anyone as i can see you and your husband if if i arrive in England. Jesus is Massiah to the children of Israel. Gabriel is Holy Spirit.

[Quote] I ask God questions, and his spirit gives me answers![/Quote]There is no place in your Bibles that Jesus said God's Spirit will answer your questions, otherwise Jesus presence was redundant. What Jesus said was that after he leaves, the holy spirit, which is another comforter will hear from God and will speak to the disciples about it. The Holy Spirit will correct the disciples. The Holy Spirit will teach the disciples things Jesus did not teach them because they were spiritually immature when Jesus was there. The Holy Spirit will lead the disciples to all truth. The Holy Spirit will glorify Jesus. The Holy Spirit will remind them of what Jesus said. When you look at all of these, there is no place that says the holy Spirit will get to you or anyone except the disciples. It would have been beneficial if the disciples wrote what the holy spirit said in the matters of corrections, teaching new things, leading to all truth, glorifying Jesus, etc.

Further, please give me a thing that the holy spirit has taught you, if you wanna personalize it that much, in respect to leading you to all truth, teaching you new things, glorifying Jesus, correcting you, etc. Please give example for each, both your old life and what the holy spirit impacted in the described functions, unless you may argue that Jesus was wrong to limit the full range of the holy spirit?

[Quote] Ask Allah for once; let him talk to you! God talks to his children,[/Quote]My father was a Nigerian. He died after independence. My God is my Creator and He is Allah. He is not my father, and His Book is with me; Quran. It is from the Quran that I have shook you with these many questions, showing you deficiencies of the Bible. It is from the Quran I answered swiftly.

[QUote] and even his slaves and servants! Come back and give us the name of the spirit of God that Allah gives you in answer![/Quote]Holy Spirit is a slave of Allah. The Holy Spirit is Malaika Jibril [as].
Re: Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. by seyibrown(f): 1:03am On Aug 29, 2011
If ALLAH/QURAN tells you that the Holy Spirit's name is Angel Jibril, why do you keep disturbing our peace? Why are you not satisfied with Allah's/Quran's answer? Why do you want an answer from Xtians when your mind is already set against believeing their answer or the source of their answer?
Re: Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. by Sweetnecta: 1:53am On Aug 29, 2011
@Seyibrown; « #75 on: Today at 01:03:04 AM »
[Quote]If ALLAH/QURAN tells you that the Holy Spirit's name is Angel Jibril, why do you keep disturbing our peace? Huh Huh Why are you not satisfied with Allah's/Quran's answer? Why do you want an answer from Xtians when your mind is already set against believeing their answer or the source of their answer? Huh Huh[/Quote]You need to just settle down for a minute and listen to reason, instead of being jumpy all over the place and carrying on with huge emotion.

when people are emotional they miss crucial details, often.

why do i need to know the name of the holy spirit of the christians? i need to know your truth and check it with my truth. i clearly tell you the name of the holy spirit as Jibril, since he is an angel, from among angels.

ypu on the other hand waffle and dance around as if that will solve the problem. give me the name my friend or for ever hold your peace. with all the details in the bibles, you guys dont even realize that the name of holy spirit is not know by you. how many more complex things that you do not know, in addition?
Re: Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. by Sweetnecta: 2:08am On Aug 29, 2011
about angels; en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_Islam - Cached

The angel also told Mary that she will give birth to a holy son, named Jesus, who will be a great , narrate that Jesus met with Yahya ibn Zakariyya

Mary had withdrawn into the temple of prayer, where she was visited by the angel Gabriel (Arabic: Jibrail) to give the glad tidings of a holy son.[9] The Qur'an states that God sent the message through the angel Gabriel to Mary that God had honoured Mary among the women of all nations.
Re: Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. by MyVicky: 7:35pm On Aug 30, 2011
I think Frosbel has summarised the situation here!
The simple analogy is that every man is triune; meaning we all have body, soul and spirit coexisting as one. even though I have a body, a soul and a spirit, that doesn't make me three persons!

If The Comforter, Spirit of Truth, Holy Spirit &Holy Ghost are not names enough, then I don't think I can provide any further help. I thought it was an objective question. Never knew the mind is made up already.

May the good LORD have mercy on you.
Re: Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. by Sweetnecta: 8:07am On Aug 31, 2011
@My Vicky; « #78 on: Yesterday at 07:35:53 PM »
[Quote]I think Frosbel has summarised the situation here!
The simple analogy is that[b] every man is triune[/b]; meaning we all have body, soul and spirit coexisting as one. even though I have a body, a soul and a spirit, that doesn't make me three persons![/Quote]I see that you have dragged your God to the level of human beings. SO I will start with the first man, Adam. Sisi, show me Adam's body, soul and spirit from the pages of your Bibles, using the story of his creation. Illustrate, which is his body and how that body came about. Then his soul and his spirit, when each enters his body. Don't be shy or stingy in quoting the verses, because today may be the day you convert me, when you show me the soul going into Adam's body. And then when you show me the spirit going into Adam's body. I am a sucker for information from women because of their passion in providing accurate data.

[Quote]If The Comforter, Spirit of Truth, Holy Spirit &Holy Ghost are not names enough, then I don't think I can provide any further help. I thought it was an objective question. Never knew the mind is made up already.[/Quote]Here is the problem; these are titles and or descriptions, but not names. Lets take your human god for example of his name. He is Jesus. His descriptions; Son of Mary.Son of Man. Son of David. You say he is son of god. You say he is god. He is Messiah to the children of Israel. he was a prophet to the children of Israel. See how many titles and descriptions, but one name? Give me that one name of the described and titled Another Comforter, Spirit of Truth, Holy spirit and Holy Ghost.

Let me give you further example, using God, a Title, other titles and descriptions; You say He is your father. I say He is the Creator. You say He said to Moses that He is I AM. Moses called Him Yahweh. Jesus called Him Ellah. Saul, Paul called Him Jehovah. But His Name is What? Definitely not Father, I AM, but maybe Yahweh from the lips of Prophet Moses [prophet is a title, but Moses is a name], Ellah to hanging Jesus on the cross [according to you].

Now, woman, give me the name of the ghost and make it fit the quality of his work on the disciples; correcting them, etc. Stop play and title is not a name.

May the good LORD have mercy on you.
Re: Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:42am On Sep 01, 2011
@sweetnecta the fluidity of Christianity is its enduring qualities,it is ripe for any Era simply because it has covered all the bases. on the other hand the rigidity of Islam may be a trait of consistency, it has also fallen behind with the times IMHO, it fits my stick insect analogy perfectly, Christianity is a stick-insect (pardon the unlikely reference) so today it is a stick-insect, tomorrow it is a tooth-pick, the next day a twig, afterwards a match-stick and if you are not sold on the match stick, it is a stick-insect again - Praise Allah (light humor)  grin
Re: Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. by Sweetnecta: 12:45pm On Sep 01, 2011
@Lagerwhenindoubt: I didn't get sold on your match stick, because it may not have the tip that you strike to get the flame and fire that benefit the one who purchased it.

Enough of my opinion. so listen to the opinion of this jewish Rabbi. He ought to know, after all, Jesus was from his tribe and he holds the key to your salvation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMi_-xqhBYw&feature=related
Re: Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. by MyVicky: 2:37pm On Sep 01, 2011
We should be careful with our usage of words, especially, when it comes to issues concerning God. This is because we shall all give account of every idle word we speak and blasphemy against God is a sin.

How will I drag the Creator to the level of His creatures? Impossible, He is Sovereign, The Most High, The Almighty and The Mighty God.

However, The Bible told me He created me in His image. So, it is not out of place if I have a body, soul and spirit.
As for your first question, I have the following answer for you, even though I know you will still not accept it because you have a point you are dogmatically defending. How I wish you will fulfill your PROMISE and be CONVERTED. I will only provide you with references from the old testament because I perceive you have a strong aversion for the new testament which is actually replete with several other references.

1. Gen 1: 27: So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him…
2. Gen 5: 1b: ….in the likeness of God made He him.
3. Gen 2: 7: And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breadth of life; and man became a LIVING SOUL
4. Ecclesiastes 12:7: Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
I know this will not satisfy you but I pray the LORD will have mercy on you.

The misunderstanding here is that somebody is confused. Jesus is another word for Messiah or Christ or Savior and none is a Title nor a description. Son of man, Son of God and so on are descriptions but not Messiah nor Christ.

As for the other example, I believe the Creator bears God, I AM THAT I AM, YAHWEH & so on and these are not titles because God is not a man that you should ascribe Title to (You can check your dictionary for the meaning of the word Title) and a title is a prefix or suffix to someone’s name just like you cited prophet Moses (the prophet there is a Title). So, Holy Spirit, Holy Ghost and Comforter are not Titles nor description and that is the name given to the Spirit of God. Spirit of Truth& Spirit of God are the descriptions.

I am certain you will not be satisfied still and I can only pray that the good LORD have mercy on you.
Re: Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. by MyVicky: 6:20pm On Sep 01, 2011
In addition, My body is the physical structure every one sees, my soul is the centre of my emotions, expressions, incorporeal essence and so on and I communicate with my GOD through my spirit. If my explanation doesnt help, I think I would tender my apology for replying to your tread at first.
Re: Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. by Sweetnecta: 8:27pm On Sep 01, 2011
@My Vicky: [Quote]1. Gen 1: 27: So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him…
2. Gen 5: 1b: ….in the likeness of God made He him.
3. Gen 2: 7: And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breadth of life; and man became a LIVING SOUL
4. Ecclesiastes 12:7: Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
I know this will not satisfy you but I pray the LORD will have mercy on you.[/Quote]sisi, read the 2 bold[s] and tell me that spirit is not soul when man became alive, a living being no longer the dust of the ground/earth?

even your bibles say that soul of man is the spirit of man. we know that spirit of man was breathed into the nostrils as the breadth of life, to make that pile of dust become a living soul that he was not before. there was no soul of man breathed into it or him at anytime, along with the spirit or separate, while it was lifeless or he became a thing with life. what is certain therefore is that spirit became soul when dust became flesh and bones, etc as living thing.

sis, you tried your best. i appreciate your effort. you are unlike your male coreligionists who cant go to their bibles to find out what the bible says about Adam and spirit of man breathed into him and by it became a living soul.
Re: Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. by MyVicky: 3:59pm On Sep 02, 2011
Sincerely, I appreciate your warm and friendly reply. I equally appreciate your effort and I am compelled to reply you as honestly as I can.
Please permit me to say that I disagree with your analysis.
Gen 2: 7: And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breadth of life(spirit); and man became a LIVING SOUL. The breath of life is the spirit and it is different from the living soul as explained below.
The soul is different from the spirit. If not, then the devil, demons, angels and other heavenly beings must have souls! The bible told me that they are spirits and not souls. Therefore, it is man alone that has a soul and spirit because a soul differs from the spirit.

Except one is open minded and properly guided by the LORD, it will be difficult to differentiate between the soul and the spirit (For the word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of joints and [their] marrow, and [is] able to discern thoughts and intentions of [the] heart (Hebrews 4:12). The ‘dividing asunder of the soul and spirit’ depicts that there is a very thin line of demarcation between the two.

In addition, my body is the physical structure everyone sees, my soul is the center of my emotions, expressions, incorporeal essence and so on and I communicate with my GOD through my spirit (God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship in spirit and truth) and for who among men knows the things of a man except the spirit of man that is in him? So, too, no one has come to know the things of God, except the spirit of God (1 Corinthians 2).

The Hebrew word for Soul is Nephesh. The root meaning is to breathe or respire (BDAHCL). So a soul is literally a breather, a living human body (or a living soul-Gen2:7) while the Hebrew word for spirit is Ruach (whose vehicle is the soul or the soul is the vehicle for the spirit which may be confused with the soul (Heb 4:12))
So there is a physical body and there is a spiritual body.
Everyone touching a corpse, the soul of whatever man may die, and who will not purify himself, has defiled Jehovah's tabernacle, and that soul must be cut off from Israel. Because the water for cleansing has not been sprinkled upon him, he continues unclean. His uncleanness is still upon him (Numbers 19).

And he should not come to any dead soul. For his father and his mother he may not defile himself (Leviticus 21).

A dead soul is a soul without the spirit. A dead soul is a body. The spirit does not die!

The soul that is sinning it itself will die (Ezekiel 18).

So a soul can die. In fact the soul dies when the human dies. Matthew 10:28

Summarily, anyone who is not freed from SIN shall lose his or her soul (for what shall it profit a man, who gains the whole world and loses his soul). Blessed are the pure in spirit-for they shall see God.

I hope that helps.
Re: Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. by Sweetnecta: 5:16pm On Sep 02, 2011
@My Vicky; I asked you how you got a soul or it is developed if it is not the spirit that became soul in you. You did not explain it to me. I know that your Bibles say that Spirit was breathed into man. But no where do we see soul entering or developing in the body of human. We know the body of human was a heap of dust as you said, but we see soul not been breathed or developed but spirit was breathed into man.

Please tell me what is soul, where it came from, how it entered into the body, or developed in it, since we already know that Spirit was breathed into man, it remained in the man until he dies.

Tell us if soul dies with the man, when did it become alive with man and before then, where was it and how did it come into man or developed in man? I am asking how did soul enter into man or are you saying that the dust had soul all along except that spirit is entered the dust that had soul and then the body and soul that were not alive before are now alive?

What happened to soul when the body dies because according to you the spirit is removed? My problem is that your concept is really saying that if the soul is not in the body, then the dust must have soul. So when you walked on this earth, you are walking on earth and the soul?

I need to know from you where soul is from that is now in you, since we know where spirit is from. We also know the nature of spirit, so give us the nature of soul. White washing will not work with me.
Re: Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. by MyVicky: 4:55pm On Sep 03, 2011
? I do not fully grasp your questions and I don not really understand what other explanation is required of me but I feel the paraphrased explanation BELOW should help. However, if it does not, then humbly go to God and seek Him diligently and let him speak to you. It is not enough to build our lives and eternal destinies on hearsay, what someone says, what a book says, what an author says, a video debate or documentary. If you truly serve God, He will speak/commune with you. He will erase every doubt we may have. It will be lugubrious and preposterously presumptious to hinge our lives and eternal destinies on our knowledge or another man's idea/sayings/analysis/view. FOR GOD TO HAVE SPOKEN TO PROPHETS OF OLD, HE WILL DEFINITELY SPEAK WITH/TO PEOPLE TODAY. INFACT, I KNOW HE DOES!!!!

For the word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the DIVIDING ASUNDER OF THE SOUL AND SPIRIT, and of joints and [their] marrow, and [is] able to discern thoughts and intentions of [the] heart (Hebrews 4:12). The ‘dividing asunder of the soul and spirit’ depicts that there is a very thin line of demarcation between the two.

In addition, my body is the physical structure everyone sees, my soul is the center of my emotions, expressions, incorporeal essence and so on and I communicate with my GOD through my spirit (God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship in spirit and truth) and for who among men knows the things of a man except the spirit of man that is in him? So, too, no one has come to know the things of God, except the spirit of God (1 Corinthians 2).

The Hebrew word for Soul is Nephesh. The root meaning is to breathe or respire (BDAHCL). So a soul is literally a breather, a living human body (or a living soul-Gen2:7) while the Hebrew word for spirit is Ruach (whose vehicle is the soul or the soul is the vehicle for the spirit which may be confused with the soul (Heb 4:12))
So there is a physical body and there is a spiritual body.
Everyone touching a corpse, the soul of whatever man may die, and who will not purify himself, has defiled Jehovah's tabernacle, and that soul must be cut off from Israel. Because the water for cleansing has not been sprinkled upon him, he continues unclean. His uncleanness is still upon him (Numbers 19).

And he should not come to any dead soul. For his father and his mother he may not defile himself (Leviticus 21).

A dead soul is a soul without the spirit. A dead soul is a body. The spirit does not die!

The soul that is sinning it itself will die (Ezekiel 18).

So a soul can die. In fact the soul dies when the human dies. Matthew 10:28

Summarily, anyone who is not freed from SIN shall lose his or her soul (for what shall it profit a man, who gains the whole world and loses his soul). Blessed are the pure in spirit-for they shall see God.

FIinally, we cannot comprehend God by merely resorting to our cerebral faculties or rationalism; GOd is far greater and transcend mere human intellectual logic. Logic, physical allusions, syllogism, and thee likes will fail woefully when we try to use any of them to explain spiritual matters or things concerning the CREATOR. Let the Creator talk to you. If you don't know how, I will advice you sincerely open your heart to Him in prayer and come into a personal relatonship with Him.
Shallom.
Re: Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. by Sweetnecta: 12:03am On Sep 04, 2011
@My Vicky: « #87 on: Today at 04:55:47 PM »
[Quote]HuhHuh? I do not fully grasp your questions and I don not really understand what other explanation is required of me but I feel the paraphrased explanation BELOW should help. However, if it does not, then humbly go to God and seek Him diligently and let him speak to you. It is not enough to build our lives and eternal destinies on hearsay, what someone says, what a book says, what an author says, a video debate or documentary.[/Quote]I hope you did not depend on any book or saying of anyone as you have advised me in the bold, in your explanation below? Lets be just and apply the same standard to our views, whereby we may know what is correct and fair from erroneous assertions.

[Quote] If you truly serve God, He will speak/commune with you. He will erase every doubt we may have. It will be lugubrious and preposterously presumptious to hinge our lives and eternal destinies on our knowledge or another man's idea/sayings/analysis/view. FOR GOD TO HAVE SPOKEN TO PROPHETS OF OLD, HE WILL DEFINITELY SPEAK WITH/TO PEOPLE TODAY. INFACT, I KNOW HE DOES!!!![/Quote]If I were to accept the bold from you, you immediately followed it with what goes against it because prophets of old were humans and you only know about them in books. Or did God Personally spoke to you about them? If not, you are going to pillar and then post, not realizing that pillar and post are truly the same thing; straight up erect structure, with specific dimension and shape to carry some load. I will use pillar and post to relate what Soul is to Spirit.

[Quote]For the word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the DIVIDING ASUNDER OF THE SOUL AND SPIRIT, and of joints and [their] marrow, and [is] able to discern thoughts and intentions of [the] heart (Hebrews 4:12).[/Quote]So you can't take your own advise. Why then are you advising me? This quote is fro a book; Bible and words of a man; Paul. He was not a prophet and did not follow any prophet, as a companion. His position is not different than that of yours in Christianity or mine in Islam. We never saw the prophet we confess to follow.

[Quote] The ‘dividing asunder of the soul and spirit’ depicts that there is a very thin line of demarcation between the two.[/Quote]A thin layer means they are similar but different in nature. But I asked you to tell me where soul comes from, its source and how it entered the body. if only that if you are unable to explain its nature, i will at least have an idea that you know what you are talking about. To simply state that they are different and with a thin layer demarcation between them to indicate that they are difference is insufficient. The dividing asunder expression you used really shows that they are the same, just like dirt and body is the same.

[Quote] In addition, my body is the physical structure everyone sees, my soul is the center of my emotions, expressions, incorporeal essence and so on [/b]and I communicate with my GOD through my spirit[/Quote]Could you tell me clearly where your soul enters your body or how, or where it came from? I know that your body was dirt before it became flesh when spirit was breathed into it. We know that God said He breathed spirit into your body, hence you came alive, being Adam. So we know where the body and spirit came from. Tell us where your soul came from?

[Quote] (God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship in spirit and [b]truth
) and for who among men knows the things of a man except the spirit of man that is in him? So, too, no one has come to know the things of God, except the spirit of God (1 Corinthians 2).[/Quote]you never stopped quoting a book and opinion or saying of a man, who was neither a prophet nor a follower of any. If we take Paul at his words, we see that he was a liar and how do you trust a liar? What is the truth tat I bold, because it is not clear like Spirit is clear to me, considering that at least the source of the Spirit is known?

[Quote]The Hebrew word for Soul is Nephesh. The root meaning is to breathe or respire (BDAHCL). So a soul is literally a breather, a living human body (or a living soul-Gen2:7)[/Quote]What you are saying here is that human is a soul? But human consists of body and spirit breathed into him. Hence, you will have to agree that if we use your understanding above, Spirit is part of Soul being that it takes spirit and body to form a soul. I will also use this concept of yours later when i discuss lifeless as in dead body.

[Quote] while the Hebrew word for spirit is Ruach (whose vehicle is the soul or the soul is the vehicle for the spirit which may be confused with the soul (Heb 4:12))
So there is a physical body and there is a spiritual body.[/Quote]but according to you or your book which you are quoting from, the source of your reasoning, soul is more than the spirit by the body part. But soul is partly spirit.

[Quote]Everyone touching a corpse[b], the soul of whatever man may die[/b], and who will not purify himself, has defiled Jehovah's tabernacle, and that soul must be cut off from Israel. Because the water for cleansing has not been sprinkled upon him, he continues unclean. His uncleanness is still upon him (Numbers 19).
A dead soul is a soul without the spirit. A dead soul is a body. The spirit does not die![/Quote]If you are saying that when a man is dead that his soul is dead, it simply means that when the Bible expresses that soul is body and spirit, it lied. The best explanation if the Bible is not a lying should have to be that the soul is partially dead because the body is lifeless, while the soul is partially alive because the spirit is still alive. And it takes the spirit to be housed in the body for the soul to be 100% alive, and the man moves about as a living being, living soul with emotion, etc as you have said, earlier. That was the thin line or demarcation between life and death, living and dead, it is 100% soul alive and not 100% soul alive.

[Quote] The soul that is sinning it itself will die(Ezekiel 18).
So a soul can die. In fact the soul dies when the human dies. Matthew 10:28[/QUote]I wonder if the bible writers thought about Jesus when they were penning either of the two? Jesus died, so he was a sinner. The soul of Jesus died because he was human. Have you any disagreement?

[Quote]Summarily, anyone who is not freed from SIN shall lose his or her soul (for what shall it profit a man, who gains the whole world and loses his soul). Blessed are the pure in spirit-for they shall see God.[/Quote]From the two we see that a sinful spirit will at best gain the whole world and loses his spirit [as condemned spirit], while blessed is the soul that is pure [in good deed instead of committing bad deeds]. Soul and spirit are the same here, from your verse[s] and my explanation[s].

[Quote]FIinally, we cannot comprehend God by merely resorting to our cerebral faculties or rationalism; GOd is far greater and transcend mere human intellectual logic. Logic, physical allusions, syllogism, and thee likes will fail woefully when we try to use any of them to explain spiritual matters or things concerning the CREATOR.[/Quote]I agree with you in this part. Unfortunately, you quoted book with versions and I can give you a verse that is addition in such a book, which shows that the book is not 100% reliable and can't 100% be word of God. But God is not The Author of confusion. And He has given us ability of intellect to reason and let the truth affect us if our soul is pure, meaning pure spirit of man.

[Quote] [b]Let the Creator talk to you. [/b]If you don't know how, I will advice you sincerely open your heart to Him in prayer and come into a personal relatonship with Him.[/Quote]Glory belongs to God. He has spoken in revealed books. One of them is preserved, unchanging from the time of its revelation. Sisi, I follow the guidance in that Book. I have also dreamed about God and the dream was true because what I saw came to past in my family. It was about my mother. But that is beside the topic. I am happy and sincerely grateful that God has made my heart lean towards Islam, accepting its guidance.

[Quote]Shallom.[/Quote]Salaama. If you had greeted me in your language, I would have responded in mine. But is Shallom christianity or judaism? Then write in hebrew if it is christianity, instead of using "greek text" written in english language.
Re: Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 04, 2011
^

delusion galore !!!
Re: Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. by Sweetnecta: 12:07pm On Sep 05, 2011
@Aletheia: I see that you have not given the name of the christian holy ghost. why, mehn? At least try. Ask your pastor if you dont know. Or none of you know?

Jesus said if i don't go he will not come. He said in one place, i will pray the father to send him.

in another place he said i will send him.

in both cases, the holy ghost seemed a subordinate to even Jesus, who is a subordinate to the father.

what is interesting in all of this is that this subordinate holy ghost or spirit is the one that will do what Jesus didn't do because the disciples could not deal with the heavy stuffs.

the holy ghost or holy spirit will correct, remind, teach, lead and praise Jesus.

what did the holy spirit had to correct the disciples who were already making mistakes or completely mistaken on the day of pentecost?

what did holy spirit to remind them of or about?

what did he teach them, that Jesus didn't teach already?

what did he lead them into, that Jesus didn't?

what was the praising of Jesus that was new, which were unknown when Jesus was with the disciples?

It is interesting to know that the Bible say about spirits, to mean prophets, in the the spirit that says Jesus is the Christ is a spirit from God. So tell me how the flamed tongues did this on pentecost?

let me go to Surah Nahl verse 2 for a moment where Ruhu is also mentioned; it says;
He (always) sends (i.e., He has been sending down) down the[b] Angels with the Spirit[/b] of His Command upon whomever He decides among His bondmen, (saying), "Warn that there is no god except I; so be pious to Me."

notice that the the angels and ruhu are errant objects. in previous post i showed that ruhu qudus said in surah Maryam, to Mary that he is a messenger of Allah.

it is obvious that Jesus is also a messenger of Allah in the same Surah Maryam.

Do you still remain confused, because in the same Surah, Allah says after He indicates that the heaven, the earth and the mountains were about to ruin itself, respectively for the evil words the people who say God has a son utter, He immediately says all that are in heaven and on earth come to Him as slaves. Notice that Ruhu Qudus is in the all. So is Jesus. read below the reality of the holy spirit and Jesus son of Mary and all creations. if Ruhu Qudus has not been an angel Allah would be gracious to inform us as He has informed us that Iblis is a Jinn only in the company of Angels. The same Iblis who is Shaytan. You see Allah is not the Author of confusion. You dig?

19:85 On the Day We will gather the righteous to the Most Merciful as a delegation
19:86 And drive the criminals into Hell, (a thirsty) herd.

19:87 None will have [power of] intercession except he who had taken from the Most Merciful a covenant.

19:88 And they have said, "The All-Merciful has taken to Him a child."
19:89 You have done an atrocious thing.
19:90 The heavens are almost about to be rent asunder thereof, and the earth cloven and the mountains to collapse, razed (completely),
19:91 For that they have attributed to The All-Merciful a child;

19:92 And in no way does it behoove The All-Merciful to take to Him a child.
19:93 Decidedly none is there (Literally: all that are there) in the heavens and the earth except that he comes up to The All-Merciful as a slave.

19:94 Indeed He has already enumerated them, and He has numbered them with (exact) numbering.
19:95 And all of them will be coming up to Him upon the Day of the Resurrection, every one singly.

19:96 Surely the ones who have believed and done deeds of righteousness, for them The All-Merciful will soon show (Literally: make for them) affection.
Re: Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. by Sweetnecta: 1:47pm On Sep 06, 2011
@Aletheia: You can continue to run.

Allah has reduced your god to slave, first a baby needing his mother [you should know about that because you used to be a baby once], before a fetus, before a thing blown to her mother, the young virgin Mary, before a thing that didn't exist.

Incidentally, it is the Ruh Qudus who appeared to his mother as a man well proportioned [handsome, calm, comely took that she was not frightened].

You will notice the the Ruh telling Mary that he is a messenger of her God. Then you will notice in later verses where Jesus was saying he is a slave of Allah, given book of revelation, etc.

No tell us the name of of your holy spirit; the third in your trinity.

What you people have done, out of ignorance is to claim an Angel to be a God. Then since you are completely be turned over to Shaytan, you compound that disbelief by writing of the 'prophet like Moses from his people's brethren', who is the 'that prophet' that God will put His words in his mouth, the same 'another comforter' who will hear what God says and simply repeats it.

Your writing off this person, you made up a new entity which neither heard from God nor speak to anyone, then you call him Holy Ghost ascribing it to be a god, like god Jesus and adding them as partners to God Almighty you now call your father, yet your father is a Nigeria.

You see from Gabriel and Muhammad [as to both], you formed a ghost. The ghost that can not do anything. Failed in every prescribed functions of the another comforter, if Jesus was correct.
Re: Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. by Sweetnecta: 12:19pm On Sep 09, 2011
@Aletheia: Hey greek man, instead of Hebrew man. Here is your father, Paul; What About The Bible?

What about the Bible now? Firstly, before we lay the allegation, it is necessary to know attributes of satan according to the Bible.

John 8:44: ''You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

So, we see here that satan is associated with murdering, not holding to truth and lying. If one commits these actions, it doesn't necessarily mean they are influenced by satan, because they could have done it unintentionally. Although Paul did purposefully murder (Acts 22:4, Acts 26:10) and spoke lies (1 Corinthians 9:19-23) in his native tongue (Acts 21:40 & see here), we will focus on some verses in the Bible which in fact fits an particular attribute of satan.

1 Corinthians 7:12: "To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her."

1 Corinthians 7:25: "Now about virgins: I have no command from the Lord, but I give a judgment as one who by the Lord's mercy is trustworthy."

2 Corinthians 11:17: "In this self-confident boasting I am not talking as the Lord would, but as a fool."

People's New Testament Commentary - 1 Corinthians 7:25: "I have no commandment. He had no revelation upon the subject, but could give his Christian judgment."
Re: Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. by Sweetnecta: 12:49pm On Sep 11, 2011
@Aletheia; You seem to ducking the questions. Where is your holy ghost? whats his name? I bet you don't have it because it is a made up thing.

below are proofs that holy spirit is a creation of Allah. I say he is Jibril who appeared as a man to lady Mary the mother of Jesus.

"The Day that the Spirit and the Angels will stand forth in ranks, none shall speak except any who is permitted by (God) Most Gracious, and He will say what is right. (The Noble Quran, 78:38)"

"A questioner asked about a Penalty to befall- The Unbelievers, the which there is none to ward off,- (A Penalty) from God, Lord of the Ways of Ascent. The Angels and the Spirit ascend unto Him in a Day the measure whereof is (as) fifty thousand years: Therefore do thou hold Patience,- a Patience of beautiful (contentment). (The Noble Quran, 70:1-5)"

"Therein come down[b] the Angels and the Spirit by God's permission[/b], on every errand: (The Noble Quran, 97:4)"

"Not one of the beings in the heavens and the earth but must come to God) Most Gracious as a servant. He does take an account of them (all), and hath numbered them (all) exactly. And everyone of them will come to Him singly on the Day of Judgment. On those who believe and work deeds of righteousness, will (God) Most Gracious bestow love. (The Noble Quran, 19:93-96)"
Re: Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. by Sweetnecta: 8:34pm On Sep 12, 2011
Aletheia, the cultist is running scared.

He will never answer the call. Never in a million years.
Re: Alethea; This Is For You. So Tell Me The Name Of You Ghost God. by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 12, 2011
^^^^^

Why not make sense for once

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Maolud Nabiyy Holiday / What Is Favour? / How Your Temperament Can Influence Your Response To God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 178
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.