Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,162 members, 7,838,973 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo (6358 Views)

There Will Be Consequences If Falae Is Not Freed – Fani-kayode Tells FG / Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo / Obj Vs Ibb: Presidency Unable To Settle Quarrel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by dustydee: 8:17am On Aug 22, 2011
He hasn't said anything wrong IMO.
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by teskyg: 9:12am On Aug 22, 2011
Fani Kayode lobby for appointment and failed to get any one since he left power.This is the only way to vent his frustration and anger on OBJ.We know their types.He will turn around to say he was misquoted.
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by playmode(m): 9:20am On Aug 22, 2011
Who is Fani Kayode? A crook ,a common criminal who should be shot dead on the streets of Lagos with a barretta pistol or an Ak 47.He is one those who conspired in the past to loot the nation dry.A monkey in italian suit.Your day shall come Kayode,your day shall come!
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 22, 2011
I think obj is going down thats why all people are taking sides with ibb, maybe this is all gej move to deal with baba for his comments on corruption
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by ycare: 10:48am On Aug 22, 2011
I'm suprised with Fani Kayode's alteration. This guy was used by OBJ to insult anybody living or dead. From Soyinka to Gowon to Shehu Shagari. Why is he attacking the person he defended so much.

because OBJ will not defend him for all the money he stole under his regime, baba is still very much annoyed with fani for the looting , that's y he's accusing baba of not defending his loyalists
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by nduchucks: 10:51am On Aug 22, 2011
OBJ has several cases to answer to, the least of which are not (a) His role in the privatization grand theft, (b) Haliburton grand theft, (c) $16billion electrical energy/power grand theft. He belongs in jail in my humble opinion - providence will catch up with him sooner or later.

As for IBB, he has not been close to ruling the country for several decades hence cannot be accused of recent grand theft. Whatever he may have been accused of stealing must have been wisely invested because the man owns 70% of the oil blocks in the gulf of Guinea and does not even own any blocks in Nigeria.  When OBJ was in power, he asked people who were accusing IBB of mismanaging(stealing) from government coffers to produce evidence, and no one showed up. That does not mean that IBB is a saint, again in my humble opinion, he too belongs in jail along with OBJ.

Having said all of the above, I don't think any rational mind should disagree with Fan-Kayode's statements. OBJ is indeed an ingrate. All the points made by Fani-Kayode to support his claims are valid.

I have no respect whatsoever for either IBB or OBJ because each of them had a chance to take Nigeria to the promised land, but instread chose to secure the financial futures of their families and cronies, while leaving Nigerians in the cold. For this, Saddam Hussein's treatment or Mubarak's treatment or the Shah of Iran's fate awaits them all.

Barawo banza.
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by lucian2: 11:16am On Aug 22, 2011
Are you guys surprised at Fani Kayode's outburst of frustration? OBJ failed to defend or intervene in his lingering case of fraud with the EFCC. OBJ may appoint you to a position of authority, but will not ask you to steal. If you do otherwise and expect him to 'Godfather' you, you will be disappointed and that makes him a true statesman. Fani Kayode should shut up his stinking mouth and face EFCC squarely. There is no hiding place for a rogue. Does he think that this unsolicited advocacy for IBB will endear him to IBB? No way brother!!!
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by ideylaff: 11:17am On Aug 22, 2011
I'm suprised with Fani Kayode's alteration. This guy was used by OBJ to insult anybody living or dead. From Soyinka to Gowon to Shehu Shagari. Why is he attacking the person he defended so much.

IBB has dropped more coins than OBJ 4 d boy, Highest Bidder dot com is is business

Also he his bitter that OBJ did not help him out with his on going Aviation Ministry Corruption case,

Anyway he's not one that has any credibility as well,

Always lying about his Prep School and IVY League school attendance, wetin old man dey do with website like ds,

See below

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femi_Fani-Kayode

http://femifanikayode.org/
lipsrsealed
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by harpo(m): 11:17am On Aug 22, 2011
FANI has always been a TUSHED up fool, LOL
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by LogicPower(m): 12:39pm On Aug 22, 2011
gregg2:

In some countries ex-leaders like IBB would be rotting in prison or stoned to death for all the atrocities and corruption perpetrated while in office - unprecedented Corruption and human rights violation.  --

Majority of northern Muslims would say this exactly about OBJ and try to defend IBB.

But the truth of the matter is that in any country where IBB could have been "rotting in prison or stoned to death for atrocities --corruption and human rights violation --", OBJ would have been given exactly the same treatment. They are both evil, corrupt and morally bankrupt 'leaders'.

Most people are choosing between them mainly because of ethnic and/or religious sentiments. Such people are like saying, subconsciously, 'we know they are both sons of b.i.t.c#e$, but we would prefer OUR son of a b.i.t.c#' 

"He (IBB) should be thankful to OBJ for shielding him

In such societies you are talking about, OBJ himself would need all the shielding in the world.
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by francisj(m): 12:47pm On Aug 22, 2011
9jauk:

Fani kayode is a Rogue,
harpo:

FANI has always been a TUSHED up fool, LOL
lucian2:

Are you guys surprised at Fani Kayode's outburst of frustration? OBJ failed to defend or intervene in his lingering case of fraud with the EFCC. OBJ may appoint you to a position of authority, but will not ask you to steal. If you do otherwise and expect him to 'Godfather' you, you will be disappointed and that makes him a true statesman. Fani Kayode should shut up his stinking mouth and face EFCC squarely. There is no hiding place for a rogue. Does he think that this unsolicited advocacy for IBB will endear him to IBB? No way brother!!!
e b like say u dey inside my mind !!!
Instead of looking 4 ways to resolve the issue/bring peace and harmony, this I-diot is taking side,
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by russellino: 1:18pm On Aug 22, 2011
Fani kayode no dey fail. Spoken like a true career lackey
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by 1025: 1:52pm On Aug 22, 2011
Oh, shut it.

Who is IBB. All this noise about IBB is limited to Nigeria and he knows he is not respected out the country.

When the world still sees OBJ as the father of Africa.

@emmatok,
which part of your body did u use to reason out what you wrote above? did i see this write up very well? obasanjo - the father of africa? if all of us begin to think and reason like u, it means africa is a father-less continent. what name will you give to great men like belewa, azikiwe, awolowo here in nigeria and mandella and julius nyerere outside here? i don't think u are through yet with your primary education.
a man morally dead and buried, father of africa? a man that can not father his own biological children talk-less ogun state, nigeria now turning out to be the father of africa. if your types are not sent to rehabilitation homes, u will go ahead and make him the father of the world. do u know why obasanjo stopped nigerian advertisements with CNN after CNN made a documentary on niger delta?
any world leader that is coming to nigeria is either coming for crude oil or military men ready to die in the name of peace keepers and outside these two, nigeria will not have anything to do with normal ppl.
madella is worshiped not only in south africa but the world round. a man that went to jail for 27 yrs and refused to rule beyond 4 yrs while u have a greedy idiot that ruled nigeria for over 10 yrs and wanted a constitutional amendment to get third term. your father indeed. a shameless man that could sleep with his own daughter in-law becoming the father of africa. u are less than any name i can remember now.
those two men are making points against each other of which non can disprove the other.
let us sit back and listen to old fools make mockery of our supports for them.
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by abysirius(m): 2:46pm On Aug 22, 2011
Fani, U're the biggest fool I've ever seen. For whatsoever reason u have to open that trap u called mouth and say this. U need a physician. Tell me, what have u just done?
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by kukulaja: 3:10pm On Aug 22, 2011
this spoilt child called FEMI FANIKAYODE should be in jail by now for fraud while he was minister, aviation ministry.i plead once again with the press to blackout all these criminals,or rather when reporting on them,the press should always state it clearly first that this person talking also commited this and that crime againt our people and country,femi a thief of that magnitude can be shameless to show his face in public, masses revolution is coming when all these rogues and their families would be wipe out from our society, God's willing.
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by Ibomade1: 3:10pm On Aug 22, 2011
This drama keeps getting better.   wink
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by chimaike: 3:12pm On Aug 22, 2011
dumodust:

Chai! Look who's talking,  

Abeg follow me wonder, Nigeria don suffer, the next person when go open him wide mouth na Andoaka (Yaradua Justice Minister).
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by ideylaff: 3:13pm On Aug 22, 2011
@emmatok,
which part of your body did u use to reason out what you wrote above? did i see this write up very well? obasanjo - the father of africa? if all of us begin to think and reason like u, it means africa is a father-less continent. what name will you give to great men like belewa, azikiwe, awolowo here in nigeria and mandella and julius nyerere outside here? i don't think u are through yet with your primary education.
a man morally dead and buried, father of africa? a man that can not father his own biological children talk-less ogun state, nigeria now turning out to be the father of africa. if your types are not sent to rehabilitation homes, u will go ahead and make him the father of the world. do u know why obasanjo stopped nigerian advertisements with CNN after CNN made a documentary on niger delta?
any world leader that is coming to nigeria is either coming for crude oil or military men ready to die in the name of peace keepers and outside these two, nigeria will not have anything to do with normal ppl.
madella is worshiped not only in south africa but the world round. a man that went to jail for 27 yrs and refused to rule beyond 4 yrs while u have a greedy that ruled nigeria for over 10 yrs and wanted a constitutional amendment to get third term. your father indeed. a shameless man that could sleep with his own daughter in-law becoming the father of africa. u are less than any name i can remember now.
those two men are making points against each other of which non can disprove the other.
let us sit back and listen to old fools make mockery of our supports for them.

@1025, well said, as per OBJ not bn any father to any continent,
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by samm(m): 3:29pm On Aug 22, 2011
Maybe I missed it, but where in the article did Fayode call OBJ an Ingrate

He stated his opinion. I don't think they are out of line.
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by londoner: 3:37pm On Aug 22, 2011
Let the imploding of the old order begin, wink grin cheesy
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by dayokanu(m): 5:18pm On Aug 22, 2011
I dey laff
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by BigB11(m): 6:14pm On Aug 22, 2011
[b]@emmatok,
madella is worshiped not only in south africa but the world round. a man that went to jail for 27 yrs and refused to rule beyond 4 yrs while u have a greedy that ruled nigeria for over 10 yrs and wanted a constitutional amendment to get third term. your father indeed. a shameless man that could sleep with his own daughter in-law becoming the father of africa. u are less than any name i can remember now.[/b]

Absolutely on point.
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by dinachi(m): 6:30pm On Aug 22, 2011
No matter how you look at it, no matter the angle you want to defend, the truth is clear for those who are honest. IBB was strategically instrumental to Obasanjo's ascension to power on both accounts. I would like OBJ to come out and deny it if it is false. I am no interested in all the noise making going on. if care is not taken, OBJ will die alone and dejected. No matter what, you must not bite the finger that fed you.
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by Nimshi: 7:18pm On Aug 22, 2011
This tool, Fani-Kayode is here defending one of his paymasters against the other.

What a shameless piece of something unworthy.

So what if Mr. Babangida installed Mr. Obasanjo as president? They're both not completely bad; but they've both contributed to Nigeria's woes, and that Babangida much more than anyone else. This uneducated coup plotter, statesman wannabe, complusive thief of state coffers now seeks greatness. The Fani-Kayodes (and other irresponsible write-for-brown-envelope media people) contibue to ingratiate themselves with failed soldiers and useless politicians. Shame.

Spit.
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by okadaman2: 8:06pm On Aug 22, 2011
This ingrate story by Fani Kayode get K-leg sef. undecided

I thought the story was that Obasanjo saved Babangida's life after they found he was involved in the Dimka coup by begging his superiors to spare him. I Know i read that before, Which one is true o?

Even Vatsa's widow suggested same here;

Mrs. Safiya Vatsa, widow of  General Mamman Vatsa, killed for an alleged phantom coup, has described the former military dictator, General Ibrahim Babangida,  as an ingrate who betrayed her late husband, adding that she had enough documents to nail him. Safiya alleged that Babangida was involved in the  Col. Buka Sukar Dimka coup, but that her husband saved him from being arrested.

Safiya was reacting to a statement credited to General Babangida that he had no regrets over the execution of General Mamman Vatsa.

She declared that it was her husband (Vatsa) who saved IBB from being executed along with Dimka and other military officers who took part in that coup 30 years ago. Sufiya, who has been speaking on the injustice done to her late husband, told P.M.News yesterday on phone that IBB will not rest until the injustice is redressed. The allegation that IBB was involved in the Dimka coup gained currency in the wake of the coup owing to the suspicious role IBB played in the escape of Dimka, the ring leader. Dimka, was however arrested weeks later in Abakaliki. He was executed along with other coup plotters.

Sources told P.M.News that IBB, who was a colonel at the time, was ordered by Gen. T. Y. Danjuma, the then Chief of Army Staff, to go to Radio Nigeria in Ikoyi to dislodge the coup plotters who had seized the radio station and were making constant broadcast, announcing that they had toppled the regime of Murtala Mohammed. Sources said though IBB was instructed specifically to arrest Dimka, when he got to the radio station, he allegedly struck a deal with Dimka and allowed him to escape. This led to the arrest of IBB by Danjuma. He was, however, freed later by Obasanjo who succeeded Murtala as military head of state.

Vatsa’s widow, who spoke in an interview with newsmen in Kaduna shortly after Northern Civil Society Coalition led by Comrade Shehu Sani paid her a courtesy visit at her Malali ward residence, also alleged that General Babangida is not a Nigerian.

She also vowed to expose the former military president and pleaded with Nigerians to be patient to hear the secrets of Babangida and his regime. According to her, the late Vatsa had always helped Babangida in his sundry problems which included drug related cases.

"Babangida knows him (Vatsa) very well. Whenever he had problems, he came to him for rescue. But he later turned against him. Only God will pay all those that are involved in the murder of my husband. "My husband would not have sat down and murdered Nigerians the way these drug people were killing people and the more they regroup, the worse for Nigeria as a country.

"You see, I don’t know what to say. For Idris Garba who is from my husband’s village to have said what he did is unfortunate. If not my husband that helped him in the Dimka coup that Babangida created, would he be alive today to follow Babangida?
"He should go and lie down and think about how my husband released him from Dimka’s coup. I have all those documents and others to show Nigerians and I have a lot to tell Nigerians about Babangida’s regime. So, Nigerians should be patient with me."

Reminded that the former military president was eying the presidency, Safiya Vatsa responded: "Is he really coming for the presidency? He is a joker. You know the man is a Maradona. He wants to play ball. But he has forgotten that Maradona does not score goals again. He doesn’t even deliver in the field of play. So he should go and rest."

IBB, not a Nigerian
"You see, I still stand on my words that IBB is not a Nigerian. This is because no Nigerian would want to destroy the country, people and even himself. If you remove a knife and stab your leg, it will pain you. Won’t it? If you are a Nigerian, you cannot involve yourself in things that will destroy your people and you won’t finish your people and later come out to say that you don’t regret it. Today, IBB will say he is from Kwara State, tomorrow, he will say another thing. IBB is not a Nigerian."

Why he killed my husband

"I know Babangida so much and very, very well. He knows that I know him very well and that my husband knows him very well. That is why he killed my husband. I have already said a little about him earlier. But let him come out and say something else, then I will come out and tell him that I have so many documents about him and his past. He has created a lot of problems in Nigeria. Enough is enough. Let him come out with whatever documents he said he has; then I will tell him that he is a joker.
I have more than he thinks. In every area of his life and official outings, I have documents. When he said he has documents implicating my late husband for coup plotting, I will tell him the coup that he committed and my husband saved his life. It is unfortunate and callous for him to now sit down and kill him. The documents are very important and they are safely kept. I put them in archives all over the world. They know it."

Hopefully those who know the Dimka coup story will shed more light.

I know what I read was that IBB actually was too scared and he failed to attack Dimka and was appealing to him. I believe that was why they suspected him as a co-conspirator.

Which one we go believe now?

Anyway may both IBB and OBJ get buried together in the same grave!! Too much blood on their hands, buncha murderers!!!
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by kizito96(m): 2:40am On Aug 23, 2011
This guy is as loud as his mouth. Very insultive.
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by adevest: 4:51am On Aug 23, 2011
Ii
nteresting. I wonder why Fani- Kayode issued this statement because he contradicts himself in some many words. First, he states that OGJ is the greatest president in our history ( I agree 100%)as the records speak for themselves ,and later, he says that IBB is the better man because IBB stands by his loyalists. He does not say anything about IBB's Horrific perfomance as president which is the theme of this debate and controversy. He conveniently forgot that IBB fired the first shot in this war of words between the two former presidents. That IBB saved OBJ's life by foiling Dimka's coup is such a silly and immature statement coming from Fani Kayode. IBB was performing his duty as a loyal officer of the Nigerian armed forces and not for the interest of OBJ.
There is just no comparison between the two men.OBJ is a builder, IBB is a destroyer.The records are there. Though it might appear that OBJ failed in his attempt to rebuild and revitalise our nation, that was simply because the collapse and rot in the system was much more severe than any one ever imagined. We must give OBJ credit for his sincere and dogged effort. The same cannot be said of IBB who, with his band of vultures and jackals(the so-called IBB boys or loyalists) destroyed our educational system, our health system, our infrastructures, our police force, our currency, the judiciary, our industrial sectors, and the armed forces etc etc. Loyalist my foot. I'm happy that Fani -Kayode acknowledges that OBJ is not and has never been beholden to any so-called loyalist.
I wonder how many loyalist IBB would have had by now if he did not fraudulently enrich himself and his so-called loyalist.
OBJ is human and although his loquacious personality might have diminished his peformance in office, I am very proud of his many achievements and his dogged commitment to the Nigerian project.
Unfortunately, OBJ has become everyone's whipping boy. I imagine that his main crime wouldi that he dislodged thousands of our parasitic elites  from their cozy feeding positions.
WE ARE THE UNGRATEFUL ONES. We celebrate our fools and calumnized our heroes.

Thank you Gobexl. Nigerians easily forget what the country was like before the second coming of OBJ. To as many people who remain sane and dispassionate in their assessment of OBJ's time in office, he is the best Nigeria's president to date in terms of performance. He was not saintly but no one can accuse him of not being a true Nigerian patriot. I am not happy with some of his decisions or actions but I will not close my eyes to the facts that are still speaking till today. It is the politics of the day to bash OBJ therefore one is not surprised that he remains the talk of the town long after his administrations.
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by nagoma(m): 3:58pm On Aug 23, 2011
This are the people that add fuel to the issues. Fani Kayode himself is the ingrate here, if you chop under the two of them, then you lack credibility in taking sides. Vox psychophanti

Fani Kayode is a spoilt brat and benefitted from these 2 bad leaders. but that gives him the vantage position to be impartial. The decency deficit is obvious and a well known reputation.
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by Xfactoria: 5:49pm On Aug 23, 2011
Has everybody forgotten that Fani-Kayode was a mental case before??
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by Typewriter(m): 6:11pm On Aug 23, 2011
Well
as
i
said
before

Let them tell us the true cause of the fight
or let them keep shut!

in fact the only things Nigerians want to know is facts and figure in back and white to help us know who out of the three fools (IBB, OBJ and egunje Fani) which is the most foolish.

again they should come out clean with who killed at their various administrations of mis-governce

1 DELE GIWA
2 President ABIOLA (BY JUNE 12 MANDATE)
3 GENERAL ABACHA
4 CHIFE BOLA IGE (Chife justice of the federation of Nigeria in active capacity)
5 Engr. Fonsho Willams
etc

We are waiting,
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 23, 2011
^^ e bi like say you go wait grin grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Food Prices: PMB Vs GEJ / 2019 Elections: Vote For Quality Representation In Governance - Jennifer Abubaka / ISWAP Kills 3 Idps, Injures 8 Soldiers, 5 Others In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.