Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,039 members, 7,838,602 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Can He Get The Bride Price He Paid Back??? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can He Get The Bride Price He Paid Back??? (1109 Views)

How I Paid Back My Cheating Girlfriend In Her Own Coin / Couple's Wedding Picture Trends Because Of The Bride's Makeup / Man Catches His Girlfriend With Another Guy In Delta Hotel Room He Paid For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can He Get The Bride Price He Paid Back??? by Princeadebayo11(m): 1:53pm On Nov 02, 2022
One of my uncle did introduction this year with a girl he has been dating for almost a year and everything was successful and the bride price was paid to her father in Cash... Fast forward to last month this girl started misbehaving and complaining about my uncle not been able to pay some of her bills, this led to a serious misunderstanding. All of a sudden this girl said she is no longer interested in the marriage that her family will return the Bride price to us.
We contacted the father and he promised us that once he gets his salary, he will send the money to us. I don't know whether it's possible we can get the price back... Or it's just an audio promise
Re: Can He Get The Bride Price He Paid Back??? by Princeadebayo11(m): 1:53pm On Nov 02, 2022
Please I need your opinions on this
Re: Can He Get The Bride Price He Paid Back??? by jibovico(m): 1:57pm On Nov 02, 2022
Bride Price, Yes but other spending he had done, difficult.
Re: Can He Get The Bride Price He Paid Back??? by boxer022(m): 1:59pm On Nov 02, 2022
I believe it is possible to get the bride price back. I my place there is something called ikwu ngo which simply means return of bride price. Since the father has agreed to return what was collected as bride price, he is under obligation to pay it.

5 Likes

Re: Can He Get The Bride Price He Paid Back??? by marlow1962(m): 2:22pm On Nov 02, 2022
Yes, But I think the guy married a slay queen and slay queen is trying to slay the king wit billing (lmao)

2 Likes

Re: Can He Get The Bride Price He Paid Back??? by Princeadebayo11(m): 3:45pm On Nov 02, 2022
marlow1962:
Yes, But I think the guy married a slay queen and salt queen is trying to slay the king wit billing (lmao)
Na confirm slay queen oo
Re: Can He Get The Bride Price He Paid Back??? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 02, 2022
Princeadebayo11:
One of my uncle did introduction this year with a girl he has been dating for almost a year and everything was successful and the bride price was paid to her father in Cash... Fast forward to last month this girl started misbehaving and complaining about my uncle not been able to pay some of her bills, this led to a serious misunderstanding. All of a sudden this girl said she is no longer interested in the marriage that her family will return the Bride price to us.
We contacted the father and he promised us that once he gets his salary, he will send the money to us. I don't know whether it's possible we can get the price back... Or it's just an audio promise

Yes, Return of bride price is what guarantees a dissolved marriage until d bride price is returned d women is still traditionally married to d man, the same goes with court marriage until the man or woman files for divorce they are both legally married in d eyes of d law
Re: Can He Get The Bride Price He Paid Back??? by Starz825(m): 5:26pm On Nov 02, 2022
All this he na tradition eeh grin
Re: Can He Get The Bride Price He Paid Back??? by ednut1(m): 6:19pm On Nov 02, 2022
When next person come pay dem go refund you lol
Re: Can He Get The Bride Price He Paid Back??? by frozen70(f): 6:58pm On Nov 02, 2022
Princeadebayo11:

The matter is not something your uncle will talk over on the phone and he will get alert

He needs to make official visits with his family member and table his matter to them, the wife will be asked if she is still interested in the marriage

If he is lucky she says that she is no longer interested in the marriage

The bride price will be returned to him in the presence of all and that ends the marriage

But if she says she is still interested, then it's left for your uncle to continue or not
Re: Can He Get The Bride Price He Paid Back??? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 02, 2022
Some girls of nowadays are smoking loud seriously, lazy, unreasonable and confused set of gender.

1 Like

Re: Can He Get The Bride Price He Paid Back??? by browndre: 8:38pm On Nov 02, 2022
When they (awon agba awo) say marry a woman that love you and lust over the one you love. This is what they are talking about.

Let your uncle thank God that he hasn't tied a big cow for the wedding ceremony when this olosho end the relationship. He for no the meaning of owo wo gbo.

My advice to him, make he count his loss and move on. But make he shine his eyes next time.

1 Like

Re: Can He Get The Bride Price He Paid Back??? by advanceDNA: 9:05pm On Nov 02, 2022
Princeadebayo11:

The matter na like house rent....the next man will pay your brother back...

.the girl and her parents only deal with highest bidder .....sorry to you and your brother
Re: Can He Get The Bride Price He Paid Back??? by codedgalaxy: 9:20pm On Nov 02, 2022
Op I laugh u and ur brother in tongues .
In my place .apart from money spent for jollyment and entertainment u guys spent during the wedding ceremony,the main money which u guys are asking to be reimbursed back to you is actually "#65 naira" which is usually put in side a Calabash hanging from the kitchen roof for preserving incase of situations like this lol.
grin

Re: Can He Get The Bride Price He Paid Back??? by Princeadebayo11(m): 7:25pm On Nov 03, 2022
frozen70:

The matter is not something your uncle will talk over on the phone and he will get alert

He needs to make official visits with his family member and table his matter to them, the wife will be asked if she is still interested in the marriage

If he is lucky she says that she is no longer interested in the marriage

The bride price will be returned to him in the presence of all and that ends the marriage

But if she says she is still interested, then it's left for your uncle to continue or not
She was the one that said she is not interested again
Re: Can He Get The Bride Price He Paid Back??? by frozen70(f): 8:34pm On Nov 03, 2022
Princeadebayo11:

She was the one that said she is not interested again

On that day she will be asked to say it again

Read my post very well

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Kolorado Weed Kills People Be Warned - Read This / Why Do People Don't Value Their Lives Again? / Weird But Important Skills Men Must Learn Before Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.