Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread (10818 Views)

Standardgoldng E-currency Exchanger: Nairaland Customer Service. / Chrisvicmall Customer Service (Pay Your Supplier Within 24 to 72 working hours) / Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by mbulela: 1:24pm On Aug 23, 2011
mxxpunkxx:

how about ConOil? geez, they fill tanks with gas( and when i say gas, i mean air, and not gasoline)

puzzled?

specific example would be appreciated.
DJTee:

Based on personal experiences - - - - -

GOOD - virgin atlantic; dana air, air nigeria, emirates, Visafone, Starcomms, Diamond, Amex, Morgan stanley, ETB, Nigerian Investment Promotion Council (NIPC Abuja)

BAD - Air france to Lagos (lost bags containing wedding souvenirs leaving my wife utterly bitter); MTN, UBA, aero, GT Bank Adetokunbo Ademola VI
specifics,so that we would know where to avoid and even which specific staff there to avoid. We need to vote with our pockets.
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by Jettage: 1:35pm On Aug 23, 2011
Today on “Nairaland” a thread titled "The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread" started by an anonymous Nairalander named “Ajanlekoko” exposed

the unprofessional customer services of various institutions in Nigeria,

Nairalander who were in time past or presently Clients to named institutions spoke on conditions of anonymity exposing the lax of staffs and representatives

of corporate bodies

Some of the companies named for unprofessional attendance were

Sweet Sensation,Opebi Road by anonymous “mbulela”

Standard Chartered Bank, “Arik Air”, “Germanwings Airline” 

UBA had a bad bat by anonymous Emperor,

An anonymous “Chaircover” confirmed mbuela on sweet sensation opebi with “ Staff looked like they didn't want to be there, behaving like they were

doing you a favour”.

Also listed as bad are 1st Bank Nigeria plc, MTN Nigeria, Airtel, NEPA now Power holding, DSTV Nigeria, HITV customer service amongst others

Though there were dissentions on GTB it was however rated high except for few branches named, Skye Bank, Diamond were also commended, there

were several other companies commended,

Management of various institutions in Nigeria should visit this thread and do the needful, I:e invest in serious customer relations training on the staffs and

re-invent a good image commendable by intellectual nairalanders and mama in the Village. 

With a post like these, on one of the leading social network in Nigeria, the management of these companies has a lot to do in training their staffs for

better handling of humans as one of these could drag company down by media remarks.

Huge thanks to Seun and his crew and most of all “Nairalanders” for the silent revolution of the pen.

http://akinbami..com/2011/08/good-and-bad-institutions-in-nigeria.html

Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by Vavavoom(m): 1:41pm On Aug 23, 2011
pinkrex:

No offence.  'offience'

But this is just a show off show, *too much info and explanation tongue tongue

Pinkrex, lol cheesy that must be Cassius Clay telling Joe Frazier, you're going down in 2! it is okay to hold a casual opinion what is not is to decide another's experience. Thanks for dropping by, you know, there's a song[b]Walk on by[/b], wink
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by pdone: 1:42pm On Aug 23, 2011
usbcable:

The worst place on the whole face of Nigeria is :

THE CORPORATE AFFAIRS COMMISSION(C.A.C)

To register a company name is as hard as running the business itself.
They are soo unfriendly and inaccessible.
and take themselves as demi-gods.

too many issues with them that I can t even talk. angry angry angry

Thank you so much. I have being trying register a company for the past five months and up till now, they haven't given any response. Always telling me that they are still checking if another person has used the company's name. Does it mean that they do not have database or what.

If you belong to C.A.C and you are reading this, just note that you are a disgrace to this country. If you have any friend or family relation working at the C.A.C, just do me a favour, give that friend/relation of yours a five seconds call. Tell him/her that they deserve some hot slaps from an angry zombie.
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by cecegorz(m): 1:51pm On Aug 23, 2011
@Oga AJ, lovely thread you put up here.
Peeps, i think it will do a whole lot of good if we can narrow experiences down to the company's particular branch/location instead of generalizing.
Like we've seen from a few posts here that Sweet Sensation, Opebi has terrible staffers while other branches are on top of their jobs.

When it comes to telecoms, i don't know much about others but i've used Airtel all my mobile phone life, and i can say that so far so good, i can give them 70%. But there's this dude @ the Galleria that nearly pushed me to give him a dirty slap, but the gentleman in me just reined me in
Early in the year, i had issue downloading apps from Appworld and after contacting RIM, they told me to route the complaint through my service provider. So i dashed into the outlet to make my complaint, now apart from the fact that the guy doesn't even understand what an Appworld is, he bluntly refused to escalate the issue to any body  shocked  shocked
For goodness sake, the guy is just a front desk officer with no technical skill, all he needed to do was to take down the incident call and log it for the appropriate team but he just kept giving silly excuses out of ignorance and arrogance married together.
Finally after wasting a whole lot of my time and seeing that i won't leave for him to attend to other people on the queue, he reluctantly logged the issue. Very terrible front desk guy.
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by Vavavoom(m): 1:58pm On Aug 23, 2011
Bad Customer Service: There's a lady petrol attendant at Oando, before Bewac Junction Trans Amadi who's in the habit of exploting unsuspecting customers while filling up their tank. Maybe other experience abound, but what I have experienced once and correlated by another buyer is the sleight of hand shortchange pulled off by the attendant. Please when buying pms make sure the read-out metre is on the same side as the hose delivering to your tank. The lady carried over a previous service charge from an okada man and continued therefrom as part of my tank-fill up charge shocked Omo, no do no do 4,500 Naira don enter for tank wey 3750 dey normally full and e neva full, guy man get to shine eyes call station manager for amicable resolution cheesy

So make sure to shine your eyez when buying and don't get distracted by small talk around the pump especially when na your turn - FOCUS!
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by pinkrex(m): 2:00pm On Aug 23, 2011
Vavavoom:

Pinkrex, lol cheesy that must be Cassius Clay telling Joe Frazier, you're going down in 2! it is okay to hold a casual opinion what is not is to decide another's experience. Thanks for dropping by, you know, there's a song[b]Walk on by[/b],  wink

loooooool cheesy :Dm taking my opportunity bro, its kinda dulling to keep reading those your 'bit by bit' experience. tongue tongue tongue
pdone:

Thank you so much. I have being trying register a company for the past five months and up till now, they haven't given any response. Always telling me that they are still checking if another person has used the company's name. Does it mean that they do not have database or what.

If you belong to C.A.C and you are reading this, just note that you are a disgrace to this country. If you have any friend or family relation working at the C.A.C, just do me a favour, give that friend/relation of yours a five seconds call. Tell him/her that they deserve some hot slaps from an angry zombie.

If you are really serious about the company's Registration ish, you can contact me for express service. grin
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by Dangello(m): 2:11pm On Aug 23, 2011
Vavavoom:

Bad Customer Service: There's a lady petrol attendant at Oando, before Bewac Junction Trans Amadi who's in the habit of exploting unsuspecting customers while filling up their tank. Maybe other experience abound, but what I have experienced once and correlated by another buyer is the sleight of hand shortchange pulled off by the attendant. Please when buying pms make sure the read-out metre is on the same side as the hose delivering to your tank. The lady carried over a previous service charge from an okada man and continued therefrom as part of my tank-fill up charge shocked Omo, no do no do 4,500 Naira don enter for tank wey 3750 dey normally full and e neva full, guy man get to shine eyes call station manager for amicable resolution cheesy

So make sure to shine your eyez when buying and don't get distracted by small talk around the pump especially when na your turn - FOCUS!

Talking about dubious fuel attendants:
CONOIL on Lagos Abeokuta expressway, by Ikeja Bus-stop, close to the route that leads to the airport. Almost all the attendants there are dubious beings. U go there and tell them you want to purchase a particular amount and all of a sudden they sell N300 worth claiming that they thought thats what they heard.(the initial N300 worth was just a fluke) and then they sell the difference. Both genders are guilty of these and it has become a norm in that particular gas station.
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by delicious1(m): 2:18pm On Aug 23, 2011
Interesting stuff.
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by Vavavoom(m): 2:36pm On Aug 23, 2011
pinkrex:

loooooool cheesy :Dm taking my opportunity bro, its kinda dulling to keep reading those your 'bit by bit' experience. tongue tongue tongue,
If you are really serious about the company's Registration ish, you can contact me for express service. grin

Ah! My bad!, didn't know I was suppose to ease your sleep worries cheesyI sure will miss this one in heaps if we were caught up in a drowning ship and there was one life jacket for both; some mothers do have 'em cheesy.
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by Vavavoom(m): 2:39pm On Aug 23, 2011
Dangello:

Talking about dubious fuel attendants:
CONOIL on Lagos Abeokuta expressway, by Ikeja Bus-stop, close to the route that leads to the airport. Almost all the attendants there are dubious beings. U go there and tell them you want to purchase a particular amount and all of a sudden they sell N300 worth claiming that they thought thats what they heard.(the initial N300 worth was just a fluke) and then they sell the difference. Both genders are guilty of these and it has become a norm in that particular gas station.

Modified Pump tricks. All just to knock one off and create doubt in the buyer's mind. Diligence is required at filling stations.
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by usbcable(m): 2:44pm On Aug 23, 2011
pinkrex:

those days when i used to go there, I see many ''agents'' wanting to help out also lamenting about the ridiculously slow and poor response time/service.

Even I met one that said we could pay 20k for express service. shocked

how much is the start up capital that I will pay 20k to register only a business name. undecided
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by pinkrex(m): 2:46pm On Aug 23, 2011
Vavavoom:

Ah! My bad!, didn't know I was attracting your sleepI sure will miss this one in heaps if we were caught up in a drowning ship and there was one life jacket for both; some mothers do have 'em cheesy.

I sure dont get what you mean tho. grin angry

BTW, why did you quote my two post even when only one concerns you
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by pinkrex(m): 2:48pm On Aug 23, 2011
usbcable:

those days when i used to go there, I see many ''agents'' wanting to help out also lamenting about the ridiculously slow and poor response time/service.

Even I met one that said we could pay 20k for express service.  shocked

how much is the start up capital that I will pay 20k to register only a business name. undecided

Do you want your Business name registered or you wana bid for awoof price angry angry undecided undecided
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by rastaman20(m): 3:00pm On Aug 23, 2011
Thanks @ all for this post, this is an eyeopener for those in disapora.
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by mbulela: 3:01pm On Aug 23, 2011
cecegorz:

@Oga AJ, lovely thread you put up here.
Peeps, i think it will do a whole lot of good if we can narrow experiences down to the company's particular branch/location instead of generalizing. Like we've seen from a few posts here that Sweet Sensation, Opebi has terrible staffers while other branches are on top of their jobs.

gbam!!
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by dydroy: 3:04pm On Aug 23, 2011
PHCN  angry

So i hurriedly drove to PHCN ishaga on saturday to purchase a voucher for my prepaid meter. Note that It's clearly written on the gate SATURDAY 10:00AM TO 1:PM
I pulled over at the gate at exactly 12:45pm and met another car owner pleading with the security man to let him in, but the security man shook his head insisting that they had closed and that he should return on Monday or try another PHCN office. I joined in the pleading, but this was all to no avail. The man pleaded that he had zero credit left and this would mean he will be in darkness throughout the weekend but the mallam turned deaf ears to all of this.

To add insult to injury while we remained at the gate pleading, the mallam eventually told us to give way, that he wanted to open the gate. When he did, alas it was the staff bus driving the staff out of the premises and they even had the nerve to be laughing at us.  angry angry angry
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by nodullin(m): 3:04pm On Aug 23, 2011
I actually wrote an article on this but neva publicized it>>
MTN has the worst ever customer service>> I had an issue wit my phone and i called the line for over 3hrs before it went through, I thought i had made it>> unknown to me that the journey just begun>> Next an answering machine spoke with me and asked me to hold the line>>> while playing a music for my listening pleasure angry>> Intermittently a voice tells me "all operatives are busy please hold the line" This goes on for another 2hrs or so>> and i kept waiting embarassed embarassed>>> thinking i was getting close to victory>>> grin grin>>> after a while the line just trips off shocked shocked shocked shocked>>> I HAD WASTED A WHOLE SIX HOURS shocked shocked shocked>>> i just concluded that i was a jobless man>> lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed>>> to have waited that long>>>

Well I think Fidelity Bank is wonderful>> They have a wonderful service delivery>>>
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by Vavavoom(m): 3:04pm On Aug 23, 2011
Bad Customer Service: Nigeria Immigration Services, Federal secretariat, PH.  Has anyone ever paid the face value charge ( 8,750 excluding processing fee of 500 naira) for a Nigerian passport? I needed a new passport in April, applied in March and paid the stipulated 16, 000 Naira for a 2-day urgent passport; my travail continued from the month of application till 2nd of June! My attache syndicate, one Boma kept telling me made up stories about broken down server and all-what not, the truth is once your money gets into their pockets na voicemail till you collect your passport. Very inefficient trading post, the NIS.
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by Gejeans(m): 3:06pm On Aug 23, 2011
Worst Banking experience:
1. GTB Tanke@Ilorin
2. GTB @ Ojodu
3. All UNION BANK visited except one.

Customer service is crap in most Nigeria institution, am not sure managment of organizations even mention that phrase or if they do they do not understand what it stands for. We need a reorientation as regards customer service concept in Nigeria.
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by stepo707: 3:08pm On Aug 23, 2011
dy_droy:

PHCN  angry

So i hurriedly drove to PHCN ishaga on saturday to purchase a voucher for my prepaid meter. Note that It's clearly written on the gate SATURDAY 10:00AM TO 1:PM
I pulled over at the gate at exactly 12:45pm and met another car owner pleading with the security man to let him in, but the security man shook his head insisting that they had closed and that he should return on Monday or try another PHCN office. I joined in the pleading, but this was all to no avail. The man pleaded that he had zero credit left and this would mean he will be in darkness throughout the weekend but the mallam turned deaf ears to all of this.

To add insult to injury while we remained at the gate pleading, the mallam eventually told us to give way, that he wanted to open the gate. When he did, alas it was the staff bus driving the staff out of the premises and they even had the nerve to be laughing at us.  angry angry angry

grin grin grin
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by sejlo1: 3:09pm On Aug 23, 2011
GLO Customer care.

they call me from the blues to tell me they were sending someone to register my sim in my office, i was feeling like the bad guyz. these babes stood me up and made me cancel a meeting. They then called again,acting all apologetic and all.stood me up the second time, i am waiting for the third call,
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by Kx: 3:16pm On Aug 23, 2011
How come no one mentioned Police, are we not their customers? grin

"Worstest" customer service, The Nigerian Police (Edo State)Okada to Benin

Drive from Lagos to Ore, mopol wont waste your time once you greet them well.
But from Okada to Benin, if u stop for those policemen (black uniform), u must roger.
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by Vavavoom(m): 3:24pm On Aug 23, 2011
dy_droy:

PHCN  angry

Quite pathetic. From what I can draw, the staffers left a timeline for the gateman/security to actno b d mallam b d problem, na d systempublic trust and confidence in service delivery is being erroded by acts of misguided anger about poor staff welfare. Similar experiences abound during the voter registration exercise - the public was turned back on the excuse of ''we don close'' even when the government stipulated close hour of 5 o'clock neva reach
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by MMM2(m): 3:32pm On Aug 23, 2011
everything abt 9ja is fu-cked up
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by pinkrex(m): 3:40pm On Aug 23, 2011
M M M:

everything abt 9ja is fu-cked up

Meaning
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by delicious1(m): 3:43pm On Aug 23, 2011
But why.
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by otiigba1(m): 3:45pm On Aug 23, 2011
good; intercontinental bank! brilliant! one miss okoko onuoha very nice lady very polite, very educated my accuont was opened in munites bad; one hotel i cant remember the name( its not worth remembering anyway) in toyin steet ikeja, their rooms are rubbish service rubbish and the receptionist very rude insisted i must give him tip before i can get good service and when i refused he dissapeard with my change(money) knowing that i am late for my flight to london, good; one taxi driver in lagos very nice man i cant remember his name
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by oluite(f): 3:51pm On Aug 23, 2011
MyJoe:

grin grin grin

Funny in retrospect i guess.
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by fire4fire: 3:52pm On Aug 23, 2011
For me the best is DSTV customer service call center, Never had a bad day with them.

The shame should go to British council PH Olu Obasanjo office. Their gate men are fairly good but when you enter to see the staff their, you get the shocker of your life. One useless lady in that office is just a disgrace to the word "customer service".
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by blank(f): 3:54pm On Aug 23, 2011
Can you imagine? As we were driving from Lagos to the East, one MOPOL stopped us near Benin. My husband was feeling generous and had been giving police N100. He gave this ingrate N100 and he had the temerity to say, "Na N200 we dey collect". My husband asked him if he resemble Danfo driver. The guy started laughing. I wan slap him face, collect the N100. Iidiot.
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by otiigba1(m): 3:54pm On Aug 23, 2011
bad service; nigerian immigration, one very fat ugly woman officer asking me stupid questions like were am i coming from even though it clearly says on my ticket london!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ultimate Cycler Server Crashes. Is MMM Next? (Photo) / Oil Prices Fall As OPEC Plans To End Cuts – Oilprice Intelligence Report / How To Turn Yourself Into A Multimillion Naira Brand.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.