Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Earthquake In Washington Dc And Ny 5.9 Magnitude - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Earthquake In Washington Dc And Ny 5.9 Magnitude (1006 Views)

Japan Hit By 8.9 Magnitude Quake! / Nigeria Embassy Washington Dc / Epassport From Nigeria House NY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Earthquake In Washington Dc And Ny 5.9 Magnitude by omega25red(m): 7:36pm On Aug 23, 2011
we were all just chilling at work when the whole 12 story building started shaking. At first we thought it was construction because they just bombs to break the rocks for the new high rise they are building in the area. It wasn't until everyone started freaking out that we all understood what was going on. This is my first Earthquake and i must say it was scary. According to CNN it was felt from Virginia to New york city. anyway God protect us all
Re: Earthquake In Washington Dc And Ny 5.9 Magnitude by ifegy: 8:12pm On Aug 23, 2011
Felt the tremors in Toronto, too,
Re: Earthquake In Washington Dc And Ny 5.9 Magnitude by omega25red(m): 8:24pm On Aug 23, 2011
for real? wow that shit went far
Re: Earthquake In Washington Dc And Ny 5.9 Magnitude by johnkent(m): 8:39pm On Aug 23, 2011
I was at walmart in Audubon, NJ when it happened (We got evacuated). At first, I thought someone was messing with the roof of the store until a few secs later, i felt the floor moving and stuff flying off the shelves. I lived in northern cali for years and never felt an earthquake, moved to NJ for school and boom, there's an earthquake. SMH
Re: Earthquake In Washington Dc And Ny 5.9 Magnitude by blackspade(m): 8:47pm On Aug 23, 2011
5.9? Pshh
Here in Cali we get those numerous times a year.
Re: Earthquake In Washington Dc And Ny 5.9 Magnitude by johnkent(m): 9:04pm On Aug 23, 2011
blackspade:

5.9? Pshh
Do you know what would happen if you had flurries of snow in LA? The city will be completely shutdown.
Do you know what happens when u have 4 feet of now on the ground in the northeast? Folks dig themselves out and get to work by 8am as if nothing happened.
Re: Earthquake In Washington Dc And Ny 5.9 Magnitude by Roland17(m): 9:32pm On Aug 23, 2011
i was going to create a post for this topic, until i saw urs, it was very heavy here in Fairfax, buildings were visibly shaking. i was scared for a second though.
Re: Earthquake In Washington Dc And Ny 5.9 Magnitude by Roland17(m): 9:34pm On Aug 23, 2011
@omega25red
What County in Virginia are u in?
Re: Earthquake In Washington Dc And Ny 5.9 Magnitude by blackspade(m): 10:50pm On Aug 23, 2011
johnkent:

Do you know what would happen if you had flurries of snow in LA? The city will be completely shutdown.
Do you know what happens when u have 4 feet of now on the ground in the northeast? Folks dig themselves out and get to work by 8am as if nothing happened.
Haha true. We don't do snow over here/.
Re: Earthquake In Washington Dc And Ny 5.9 Magnitude by EuroMeko(m): 11:25pm On Aug 23, 2011
East Coast Wussiesss, a little itsy bitsy shake and yah all are freaking out grin
Re: Earthquake In Washington Dc And Ny 5.9 Magnitude by EuroMeko(m): 11:28pm On Aug 23, 2011
johnkent:

Not quite, it snows every year in the Grapevine though I am stretching a bit by using calling Grapevine and LA in the same geographical sentence. grin

blackspade:

5.9? Pshh

Thumbs up.
Re: Earthquake In Washington Dc And Ny 5.9 Magnitude by omega25red(m): 12:42am On Aug 24, 2011
Roland17:

@omega25red
What County in Virginia are u in?
hey man whats good? im in Arlington county. might be moving to fairfax in november though currently looking for an apt arlington is getting too pricey lol

(1) (Reply)

Help Help / Help I Was Denied US Visa Today,can I Appeal? / Horror! Plane Crash Caught On Camera: 29/4/13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.