Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,484 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market (41535 Views)

Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ / Naira Rebounds As Banks Offload Excess Dollars / Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by dfrost: 9:47pm On Nov 13, 2022
adecz:

Everything in Nigeria is risky...

To cross road sef dey risky.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by kenchop: 9:47pm On Nov 13, 2022
IS THAT WHY NIGERIAN BANKS ONLY ISSUE $20 BILLS TO CUSTOMERS. NONSENSE

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Eriokanmi: 9:47pm On Nov 13, 2022
Munzy14:

Heart attack for BDC and my save your money in Dollars crew grin
me I no even get any dollar to save in the first place. I'm always in need of it as an importer
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by NoJoydave(m): 9:48pm On Nov 13, 2022
Kyase:
Make Buhari shock me
Give us 1$ =1 naira before e leave office
Even for for a day or two
if you are excepting that kind of shock let me just make it clear to you that it is IMPOSSIBLE
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Upworkwriter007(f): 9:50pm On Nov 13, 2022
Ruggedniggaone:
Good news!we pray e go down low till e reach 100=1$
Dollar is now 780

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Penguin2: 9:53pm On Nov 13, 2022
VULCAN:
It's actually you that is an idiot because no sensible economist in the world will back up your statement.

A country that exports nothing apart from crude oil and imports expensive petrol, has 90m people in extreme poverty, with a true unemployment rate of 50% and is import dependent for everything cannot have a strong currency.

Taking panadol will not cure brain cancer

Every plane that flies in with cargo leaves empty, every ship that brings in full containers, leaves with empty ones and you think that changing the colours on the currency will suddenly make it valuable.

Jokes

Asides low export, another thing hurting the naira is dubious FX marketers who hoard dollars and do all kind of things that further strain the Naira.

Are you ruling that factor out?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by twosquare(m): 9:54pm On Nov 13, 2022
What do they tend to achieve by pushing all these old and fake news to the front page? To inflate the value of naira by force? Sorry but it is a house of cards that will soon come crashing down.
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Eriokanmi: 9:56pm On Nov 13, 2022
Tannhauser:
grin

I know someone who was planning on having a "detty December" on the anticipated profits on the dollar trade. He bought about $10k @about ₦840 and was hoping to sell at ₦1000+ in December. Now my guy don nearly craze... cheesy

But the dollar is appreciating agin so there still hope for that "detty December" wink
appreciating how? If 710, yesterday's rate is what you meant by "appreciating" it's falling further this week. Watch out!
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 13, 2022
Eriokanmi:
appreciating how? If 710, yesterday's rate is what you meant by "appreciating" it's falling further this week. Watch out!

Why would it fall.

Can you talk?
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by macho44(m): 9:57pm On Nov 13, 2022
blaquemyc:
Let the naira keep rebounding. Poor man don too suffer, prices of commodities keep sky rocketing while salary just dey stagnant.

I just hope it will impact on the prices of goods too, because NIGERIANS are very wicked when it comes to inflating the price of commodities, especially during festive season.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Eriokanmi: 9:58pm On Nov 13, 2022
MiaBeer:
False Rebound.
I bought 1usd @ 710 yesterday at Allen Ave

5 Likes

Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Eriokanmi: 10:01pm On Nov 13, 2022
Snitch24:
Lmao
Propaganda
Its back up guys
Adamawa rate may not be same as that of lag...I bought at 710 at Allen Ave yesterday. I hope it drops further this week cos i still need more.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Tradepunter2: 10:02pm On Nov 13, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Can you tell us why sir? Major currencies in the world are regaining their strength against the dollar right now. NGN isn't left out

It's because of the mid term elections.... That ran into a stalemate

But as of today the democrats gained control of the house....

So there will be a rebound in the coming days
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Eriokanmi: 10:03pm On Nov 13, 2022
macho44:

I just hope it will impact on the prices of goods too, because NIGERIANS are very wicked when it comes to inflating the price of commodities, especially during festive season.
It will, but will take time. Goods currently in the market were bought at old fx rates. They'd need to be exhausted before stocks are replenished

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Kyase(m): 10:04pm On Nov 13, 2022
NoJoydave:
if you are excepting that kind of shock let me just make it clear to you that it is IMPOSSIBLE

Okay boss
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Faposky95: 10:08pm On Nov 13, 2022
You see that this country,s ish is ours....
Why allow charlatans make an industry so lucrative yet bizarre, wrecking havoc on our collective wealth.
Should we hail the govt now....?!
We've known all along.....
It's right time we worked with CBN and the banks and drop this fast money changing habits and rescue our situation

Next is the markets,
We can do this

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Munzy14(m): 10:08pm On Nov 13, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Maybe they've scammed you grin. Many more would still be scammed this way and that's why information is key. I bought at Allen at far less yesterday. Today na Sunday, na for where you come go buy?
The ignorance in that comment must be studied in UI grin

680 today..

Maybe BDC opened shop for him to scam him

3 Likes

Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by millhouse: 10:14pm On Nov 13, 2022
Frezhkid10:

I still bought 680 today bro..no dy use Binance usdt determine the price..
Abeg tell us where u see buy at that price cause I need am ... the kind rare now eh

1 Like

Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by blackpanda: 10:19pm On Nov 13, 2022
Kyase:
Make Buhari shock me
Give us 1$ =1 naira before e leave office
Even for for a day or two

Buhari kwa
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Xbobtage: 10:21pm On Nov 13, 2022
Eriokanmi:
I bought 1usd @ 710 yesterday at Allen Ave

Friend its back to almost 800 today.

What happened to Naira after it capitulated from 740 to almost 900 is what us seasoned traders call the deadcat bounce. Its a natural phenomenon that happens when anything falls hard from a distant top. If you take a teddy and toss it down from a three story building, when the teddy hits the ground, it will have a gravitational pull upwards or what you'd call a bounce, hence the term a dead cat bounce, The teddy doesnt bounce up because its alive, Nope. In clearer terms what actually happens after such forceful capitulation is that people who bought dollars alot cheaper rush to sell at such juicy high prices, the rush to sell ultimately crashes the price and creates deadcat bounce.

I can tell you for a matter that the naira is heading north of 1000 to the dollars latest January unless their is a direct government intervention on the matter, It could also be indirect, they could/should start competing silently with traders in black market to create panic and fear against the dollar by dumping dollars at a cheaper rate randomly using infiltration fake sellers, a lot of people will abandon the dollar for naira causing the naira to gain in the black market. Its actually easier for them to silently enter the black market to discourage brute trading going on because we all know for a fact that they do not have enough dollars to meet the economic demands of nigeria,

I have been predicting the movement of the naira since the beginning of the year, I predicted the capitulation once we go past 780, read my previous post on the matter to enlighten yourself. If you have naira you want to change, you dont have much time. Take advantage of the deadcat bounce.

I recognize you as a staunch obidient . One of our hopes is when he gets to Aso Rock, Obi being a man that listens to the people, He can/will set up if possible a covert Ministry of Forex Exchange. A ministry that is dedicated to this issue to get the naira on a permanent reversal trajectory, by any means possible, be it manipulation, coercion, lies, cheating,..trust me every other country with a good head above its shoulders is doing just that. And Obi being a former Bank MD has the perfect resume to pull off that type of stint.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by usj(m): 10:21pm On Nov 13, 2022
Penguin2:
I’m still looking for the idiots who were arguing with me that Naira Redesign will have no benefit.

People with criminal minds still think Nigeria is a Banana Republic.
redesigning has nothing to do with it, I trade forex. You can Google for yourself it's all started after news of inflation came out Thursday last week in the USA
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by budaatum: 10:26pm On Nov 13, 2022

Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Eriokanmi: 10:28pm On Nov 13, 2022
Xbobtage:

Friend its back to almost 800 today.

What happened to Naira after it capitulated from 740 to almost 900 is what us seasoned traders call the deadcat bounce. Its a natural phenomenon that happens when anything falls hard from a distant top. If you take a teddy and toss it down from a three story building, when the teddy hits the ground, it will have a gravitational pull upwards or what you'd call a bounce, hence the term a dead cat bounce, The teddy doesnt bounce up because its alive, Nope.

I can tell you for a matter that the naira is heading north of 1000 to the dollars latest January unless their is a direct government intervention on the matter, It could also be indirect, they could/should start competing silently with traders in black market to create panic and fear against the dollar by dumping dollars at a cheaper rate randomly using infiltration fake sellers, a lot of people will abandon the dollar for naira causing the naira to gain in the black market. Its actually easier for them to silently enter the black market to discourage brute trading going on because we all know for a fact that they do not have enough dollars to meet the economic demands of nigeria,

I have been predicting the movement of the naira since the beginning of the year, I predicted the capitulation once we go past 780, read my previous post on the matter to enlighten yourself. If you have naira you want to change, you dont have much time. Take advantage of the deadcat bounce.

I recognize you as a staunch obidient . One of our hopes is when he gets to Aso Rock, Obi being a man that listens to the people, He can/will set up if possible a Ministry of Forex Exchange. A ministry that is dedicated to this issue to get the naira on a permanent reversal trajectory, by any means possible, be it manipulation, coercion, lies, cheating,..trust me every other country is doing just that. And Obi being a former Bank MD has the perfect resume to pull off that type of stint.
I will post here the rate tomorrow. No need to argue. I just spoke with my bdc agent a few minutes ago and she told me rates are still same. The below is a further proof. I bought at 710 yesterday and today, its 715 as seen below, look at the date . It will still fall further

Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by HAH: 10:44pm On Nov 13, 2022
See today's rate.

Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Emir22: 10:51pm On Nov 13, 2022
[Nice one there. Answer na!]
Na your dream?[/quote]
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Emir22: 10:52pm On Nov 13, 2022
It will happen someday.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 13, 2022
Eriokanmi:
I'm so happy with this news. Only importers would understand my mood tonight. Dollar will drop to around 500 Naira before end of this month as predicted. Amazingly, this isn't about Naira redesign. Its a global thing. Sorry to those who changed their Naira to Dollar at a peak price.
Check rate now... It has increased to N780 to $1 now

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Munamoqel: 10:59pm On Nov 13, 2022
Apapa today .rate . Buy 630 sell.640.to crash to.590.by Monday all BDC and Efcc agree rate should drop to 520

1 Like

Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Ibusho: 11:01pm On Nov 13, 2022
Heard CBN is planning to close all inactive domiciliary account. These are accounts who are not active in receiving any forex from a business transaction. People just buy forex from black market and dump in their don account with the aim of collecting it when prices are up to change back to the naira again. This will happen soon, watchout
L

4 Likes

Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Eriokanmi: 11:16pm On Nov 13, 2022
fados4sure:

Check rate now... It has increased to N780 to $1 now
Not true. I bought at 710 yesterday. Today, its 715 .

Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by grandstar(m): 11:18pm On Nov 13, 2022
Eriokanmi:
I'm so happy with this news. Only importers would understand my mood tonight. Dollar will drop to around 500 Naira before end of this month as predicted. Amazingly, this isn't about Naira redesign. Its a global thing. Sorry to those who changed their Naira to Dollar at a peak price.

Naira isn't dropping to any N500.

It might only achieve that level if 3 things take place.

1. Make the Naira flexible.
That basically means Buhari must stop being the ultimate determinant of the Naira's exchange rate. That is the job of the CBN and the market.

2. End the fuel subsidy and deregulate the price.

Deregulating the price of petrol will lead to a drop in demand for petrol reducing pressure on the Naira as demand for dollars would drop. Also, the government will also earn more money

3. Increase daily crude oil production to 1.8m bpd from 1.2m bpd

This will generate lots of foreign exchange.

The above 3 things should lead to the Naira appreciating sharply I'm value. It might touch N500.

If you definitely want it to reach 500 or even 450,then government should ensure the monthly allocations from crude oil sales should be paid in dollars (using dollar certificates) to the 3 tiers of government and redeemable at commercial banks.

Now, it will be dollars chasing Naira. This will lead to a sharp appreciation of the Naira. The late Henry Boyo and Charles Soludo have both advocated for this.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Munamoqel: 11:19pm On Nov 13, 2022
Ibusho:
Heard CBN is planning to close all inactive domiciliary account. These are accounts who are not active in receiving any forex from a business transaction. People just buy forex from black market and dump in their don account with the aim of collecting it when prices are up to change back to the naira again. This will happen soon, watchout
L
very true ! The CBN has weaponise it policy tools !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Loan Company Insists I Take Another Loan! (Photos) / The Currency Exchange Rates For Today, September 11, 2017 / GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.