Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,245 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market (41626 Views)

Naira Rebounds, Gains N28.15 Against Dollar / Naira Rebounds As Banks Offload Excess Dollars / Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Doyou2019: 6:08am On Nov 14, 2022
Parachoko:
Asiwaju will put an end to this nonsense.

Yes, for the esteemed members of Iragbiji Town Union
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by jonahhh: 6:10am On Nov 14, 2022
Penguin2:
I’m still looking for the idiots who were arguing with me that Naira Redesign will have no benefit.

People with criminal minds still think Nigeria is a Banana Republic.

Lol this isn’t about the naira redesign lmao… dollar is crashing normally , has nothing to do with our stupid naira new design
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Samade7: 6:27am On Nov 14, 2022
Kyase:
Make Buhari shock me
Give us 1$ =1 naira before e leave office
Even for for a day or two

No be only shock, the feat he can't achieve in 7 years cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Angelawhite(m): 6:31am On Nov 14, 2022
Penguin2:
I’m still looking for the idiots who were arguing with me that Naira Redesign will have no benefit.

If you understand economics, you would have known what really caused the rebound of Naira in the parallel market . Note that the official rate didn’t appreciate. What does it tell you ?
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Angelawhite(m): 6:33am On Nov 14, 2022
Eriokanmi:
I'm so happy with this news. Only importers would understand my mood tonight. Dollar will drop to around 500 Naira before end of this month as predicted. Amazingly, this isn't about Naira redesign. Its a global thing. Sorry to those who changed their Naira to Dollar at a peak price.

Before the end of this month, dollar will probably trade at N750 and N900 before the end of the year
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Decentdave(m): 6:35am On Nov 14, 2022
Angelawhite:

Before the end of this month, dollar will probably trade at N750 and N900 before the end of the year
as at this morning dollar trades at #671
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by virginchaser(m): 6:46am On Nov 14, 2022
Kyase:
Make Buhari shock me

Please try another malaria drug. The one you took earlier isn't working.
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by ManirBK: 6:47am On Nov 14, 2022
Eriokanmi:
appreciating how? If 710, yesterday's rate is what you meant by "appreciating" it's falling further this week. Watch out!
pls at what rate now
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Parachoko: 6:56am On Nov 14, 2022
Doyou2019:

Yes, for the esteemed members of Iragbiji Town Union
You're shallow

Abeg shift
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Parachoko: 6:57am On Nov 14, 2022
Angelawhite:

Why do you feel so?
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Angelawhite(m): 7:00am On Nov 14, 2022
Decentdave:
as at this morning dollar trades at #671

1. Official rate did not appreciate and it tells you that
2. There’s no new policy in place that affected the value of naira
3. The appreciation of naira in the parallel market was only fueled by the rumors that the United States will phase out their old currencies and hence the rush by BDC and other dollar holders to sell off their dollars
4. This rush injected so many dollars in circulation and naturally drove down the price of the dollar

What happens when people realize it was a mere rumor? You expect that the dollar will slowly climb back up. The demand for dollar is still high. Importers will mop up this “excess” dollars, people are already hoarding the dollars to sell higher in December and this will naturally drive it up as the demand has increased.

Official rate is still the same. A signal that Nigeria is still not earning more forex and the black market still controls majority of the forex transactions.
My opinion anyway

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by ubumoh(m): 7:06am On Nov 14, 2022
Kyase:
Make Buhari shock me
Can Buhari actually do this?
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Sardauna24(m): 7:16am On Nov 14, 2022
Kkings11:
Wow. Listen guys, i still exchanged at 720 today. Adamawa bdc still sells to their counterpart in abj, lag and ph. Yes it is down but let us dont jubilate yet. Forex is a long game and there are flash periods of very high/low returns.
We would know the true value after the election.
mr man we are hoping for the best
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Harmless1b(m): 7:30am On Nov 14, 2022
mrkings84:
Nice
Buhari is trying to equal a naira to a dollar as he promised through Tinubu

My problem with Nigeria is that when anything goes up in price due to any reason, it doesn't come down again even after the reason is resolved.....

Aswear.. my problem too... They will be like I bought it at high price, do you expect me to sell it beyond what I bought it.. forgetting that they also sold the ones they bought at low price at the rate of high price too.
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by vertueptime: 7:33am On Nov 14, 2022
Kkings11:
Wow. Listen guys, i still exchanged at 720 today. Adamawa bdc still sells to their counterpart in abj, lag and ph. Yes it is down but let us dont jubilate yet. Forex is a long game and there are flash periods of very high/low returns.
We would know the true value after the election.

For those that don't know the game, by the time CBN blocks online transactions and mandate e naira and new naira notes are limited in supply wel know the currency to use. No loose guard

1 Like

Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by clinician2x: 7:38am On Nov 14, 2022
joyandfaith:
May be Buhari wants to make $1=#1. It is actually possible.

This kind thought comes from a place of stark ignorance. Typical of black people.
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by tabaralph: 7:43am On Nov 14, 2022
Penguin2:

One idiot even called me a clown when I told him that naira we rebound in the coming weeks
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Chrisx1x(m): 7:46am On Nov 14, 2022
Af0nja:

Global thing?? What other country's currency is appreciating against the dollar?
He is right. Dollars dating 2021 and below cease to be accepted from January 2023 so alot of people are trying to get rid of their old dollar notes. It has nothing to do with cBN policy
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Af0nja: 7:48am On Nov 14, 2022
Chrisx1x:

He is right. Dollars dating 2021 and below cease to be accepted from January 2023 so alot of people are trying to get rid of their old dollar notes. It has nothing to do with cBN policy

That's not true, are Nigerians hoarding more dollars than Mexican drug lords Why isn't the peso appreciating as well?
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Kyase(m): 8:08am On Nov 14, 2022
virginchaser:

Please try another malaria drug. The one you took earlier isn't working.
grin you no well
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Vizconson(m): 8:12am On Nov 14, 2022
Tannhauser:
grin

I know someone who was planning on having a "detty December" on the anticipated profits on the dollar trade. He bought about $10k @about ₦840 and was hoping to sell at ₦1000+ in December. Now my guy don nearly craze... cheesy

But the dollar is appreciating agin so there still hope for that "detty December" wink

Ask that guy to start looking for the best alternative currencies to change the money to. Tell him to read the news
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Olukayodeaustyn: 8:24am On Nov 14, 2022
I have always wonder why Nigeria economy will depend wholly on foreign currency. Ko make sense now!
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by AlphaStyles(m): 8:25am On Nov 14, 2022
PLEASE LET IT KEEP FALLING

1 Like

Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Olukayodeaustyn: 8:27am On Nov 14, 2022
I have always wonder why Nigeria economy will depend wholly on foreign currency. Ko make sense now! angry angry
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by justtee42k: 8:30am On Nov 14, 2022
Eriokanmi:
I'm so happy with this news. Only importers would understand my mood tonight. Dollar will drop to around 500 Naira before end of this month as predicted. Amazingly, this isn't about Naira redesign. Its a global thing. Sorry to those who changed their Naira to Dollar at a peak price.

Can't you just appreciate this good work and give credit to them ?
Hatred won't make us get better
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Penguin2: 8:42am On Nov 14, 2022
tabaralph:

One idiot even called me a clown when I told him that naira we rebound in the coming weeks

These people are very myopic and never look beyond their noses.

They only look at the immediate effect without considering the long term gain.

It’s no surprise they queue behind the wrong candidates at elections.
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by joyandfaith: 8:43am On Nov 14, 2022
clinician2x:

This kind thought comes from a place of stark ignorance. Typical of black people.

See my signature
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by tabaralph: 8:51am On Nov 14, 2022
Penguin2:

These people are very myopic and never look beyond their noses.

They only look at the immediate effect without considering the long term gain.

It’s no surprise they queue behind the wrong candidates at elections.
They have not seen anything yet wait until the redesigned naira flood the economy
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Penguin2: 8:59am On Nov 14, 2022
tabaralph:

They have not seen anything yet wait until the redesigned naira flood the economy

I’m happy Buhari has said there’s no going back with the policy.

So, let them prepare to cry blood.
Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Eriokanmi: 9:34am On Nov 14, 2022
justtee42k:

Can't you just appreciate this good work and give credit to them ?
Hatred won't make us get better
Give credit to who? This doesn't have anything to do with the naira redesign rather, it even made dollar to become.more scarce. Was it the naira redesign that caused pounds to depreciate massively against the dollar last month too? What of euro which also suffered same setback? RMB and other popular currencies weren't left out, including our naira.

The moment the CBN announced the naira redesign what happened? People thronged the market to exchange their naira to dollar thinking the cbn would reject them and mopped up the little dollar available which made it become more scarce. The dollar jumped up to 900 naira in 2 weeks.

Now, things are stabilising world-wide. Pounds is regaining its strength, likewise Euro...abi na naira redesign cause this too? Haba! I would have even given kudos to the cbn, had they restricted the amount of naira to be collected back from customers through deposit money banks rather, they increased the allowable amount you could deposit which gave our politicians an edge to deposit all they had stolen. For me, the redesign is a means of cashing out by emefiele before he leaves office. That's all. Soludo and Sanusi wanted to do same but Nigerians rejected the moves. What we need isn't naira redesign cos it's not curbing any crime. What we need is fx stability and accessibility.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Babaibeji2020(m): 9:37am On Nov 14, 2022
Af0nja:

This is big falsehood, the US have disclaimed it. They never proposed to reject old dollars. What are you talking about?? Are Nigerians hoarding more dollars than Mexican drug Lords?
Mexicans grin
Those guys are epic!

1 Like

Re: Adamawa BDC Operators Reject Dollars As Naira Rebounds At Parallel Market by Fidelismaria: 11:16am On Nov 14, 2022
Chrisx1x:

This is a lie, Dollars dating 2021 and below still remain legal tender. The rumour has been debunked.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Loan Company Insists I Take Another Loan! (Photos) / Abuja Women Shop At Local Markets Due To Economic Situation / Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.