Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,493 members, 7,830,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check (45846 Views)

Peter Obi Invited Wike To Commission Projects while He Was Governor / Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State / The Letter Peter Obi Wrote To A Senior Prefect While He Was Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by GoooodHardDick: 7:16am On Nov 16, 2022
Mynd44:

You are the bone making this about tribe not me.

Dear Mr seun

You better fire this guy before he finally destroys your site. This guy doesn't deserve to be a mod at all. He is too tribalistic to be a mod.

A mod is expected to be neutral, trying to unite everyone with Peace, Love and understanding but this guy does exactly the opposite. Why adding fuel to fire?

Na seun wey still dey leave all these mods I just dey Pity, if na people like Elon musk, this mod supposed no dey NL again

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by Felabrity: 7:16am On Nov 16, 2022
Ozinlex:
Lol....see wetin a mode of a suppose platform wake up this morning to write as if he eats,sleep and wake with Peter Obi in 89% of his brain.

Obi truly their Nightmare
grin 4am o

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by GoooodHardDick: 7:17am On Nov 16, 2022
Felabrity:
grin 4am o

Peter Obi was seriously giving the guy restless night grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by Felabrity: 7:19am On Nov 16, 2022
Tochi3:
See moderator.. 4 APCshit not Nairaland..

The truth don finally burst out...

grin cheesy
there are 14 states from the list he posted, 7 of them have a higher percentage than Anambra

He didn't even share the full 36 state stats

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by madapcmod: 7:19am On Nov 16, 2022
Mynd44:

If poverty was less than 15% in 2006 and rose to 68% then 53% in 2011.

Is that an increase or reduction?

Again, mastering english

What if it was 90% before 2006? How did you assume it ROSE to 68% in 2010? You see why your assumption is being clever by half?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by Felabrity: 7:21am On Nov 16, 2022
pinkPUSSY:
This one is not hiding his bigotry anymore..

Waking up in the morning the ist thing he did is opening a thread against Peter Obi by 5am, whereas his candidate Tinubu has a lot of incredible dirty loads on his neck, of course this thread is heading to fp..

I thought the owner of this forum told us those days that mods are not biased..

Very unfortunate!!..

BUT ONE THING I AM ASSURING YOU IS THAT TINUBU CAN NEVER RULE THIS COUNTRY WITH THIS CURRENT SETTINGS, KNOW THIS AND KNOW PEACE
after the outcome of yesterday rally, he won't attend any again

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by Osamabinladenik: 7:23am On Nov 16, 2022
Mynd44:

You use what was claimed to make the verdict.

If you want to do one on 2014, please enjoy
The yardstick for being a mod is to be objective and just.
How can you bring up one poverty level figure within Obi's tenure and say poverty level increased? Is that how to make judgement?

Don't allow partisanship and prejudice affect your job here as a mod.

I didn't make any claim, you made a claim that poverty level increased under Peter obi, you will prove it without shifting burden of proof.

I keep asking myself, why do we have many AntiObi topics on nairaland front page, even those that are incorrect like that of Abia state where he went for Otti's campaign, now I see why.

If you want to convince me, you will provide figures of poverty rate across board; from when he started to when he left and a comparative data with other states because poverty reduction is hugely the responsibility of the federal government policies, state government can also play a role. This will help us understand if there was an increasing poverty level and/or if the rising poverty level is not a national problem

You as a mod should know these things but I am surprise

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by Felabrity: 7:24am On Nov 16, 2022
Osamabinladenik:
The yardstick for being a mod is to be objective and just.
How can you bring up one poverty level figure within Obi's tenure and say poverty level increased? Is that how to make judgement?

Don't allow partisanship and prejudice affect your job here as a mod.

I didn't make any claim, you made a claim that poverty level increased under Peter obi, you will prove it without shifting burden of proof.

I keep asking myself, why do we have many AntiObi topics on nairaland front page, even those that are incorrect like that of Abia state where he went for Otti's campaign, now I see why.

If you want to convince me, you will provide figures of poverty rate across board; from when he started to when he left and a comparative data with other states because poverty reduction is hugely the responsibility of the federal government, state government can also play a role. This will help us understand if the rise poverty level is not a national problem

You as a mod should know these things but I am surprise
he didn't fact check the gibberish and lies Tinubu was saying yesterday

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by MasterJayJay: 7:41am On Nov 16, 2022
grin
You didn't do a fact check to verify that Tinubu forfeited thousands of dollars to USA government.

What was the poverty level in Anambra in 2013 before he left office in 2014?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by bhella10: 7:48am On Nov 16, 2022
sonature1:
Seun,

Is this OP a mod or is Tinubu using this platform to promote his agenda?

I still maintain that Bola Tinubu is the worst candidate in this race.

Anyone who wishes to impose that old man on this country despises the country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by bhella10: 7:52am On Nov 16, 2022
GoooodHardDick:

Dear Mr seun

You better fire this guy before he finally destroys your site. This guy doesn't deserve to be a mod at all. He is too tribalistic to be a mod.

A mod is expected to be neutral, trying to unite everyone with Peace, Love and understanding but this guy does exactly the opposite. Why adding fuel to fire?

Na seun wey still dey leave all these mods I just dey Pity, if na people like Elon musk, this mod supposed no dey NL again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by MadamVanessa(f): 8:08am On Nov 16, 2022
Mynd44:

I don't hate people, I really don't care about Peter Obi.

I simply fact checked something Soludo.

Now if you want to counter what I wrote and prove me wrong do so.

Solido said according to the NBS…….
I checked the NBS and found it true…

If another agency said something else, it is their problem and not mine.

shocked

You don't hate people, and you really don't care about Obi, but obi you don't care about is the reason you opened this thread. The joke is clearly on you.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by WhatCanIsay(m): 8:10am On Nov 16, 2022
Mynd44:

You are the one making this about tribe not me.

You know your nefarious attitude can't be hidden again, that's solely the reason you were running helter-skelter trying to defend yourself in order to appease your troubled conscience bro.

As many had posited since you are in the business of fact checking, start with the person you are campaigning for. Maybe just address his age, or the most simple one, his name and Nigeria educational background etc. Those I believe are up your alley .

It is well, we are what we are.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by PussyOdour(m): 8:21am On Nov 16, 2022
Mynd44:

Everybody can be fact checked. I was more curious about it when I saw the tweet By Nicholas Ibekwe saying he is having difficulty fact checking it.

Whether na mod you be or what I don't know. You were not curious about anything, you've always hated obi and his supporters this can be seen how you banned them for a long period. You're not even hiding your hatred anymore.

Normal normal, no be you supposed opened a thread like this, let others do it, but no, because of your endless hatred for a man who do you nothing, you've to opened it yourself.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by MadamVanessa(f): 8:25am On Nov 16, 2022
shocked

I really don't know why Seun arrogate so much power to this mod, that he thinks that he can do as he likes on this forum. Abeg seun, if you don sell dis forum give this mod, tell us make we know.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by Peterobiisathie(f): 8:27am On Nov 16, 2022
pinkPUSSY:

Waking up in the morning the ist thing he did is opening a thread against Peter Obi by 5am, whereas his candidate Tinubu has a lot of incredible dirty loads on his neck, of course this thread is heading to fp..

Very unfortunate!!..

BUT ONE THING I AM ASSURING YOU IS THAT TINUBU CAN NEVER RULE THIS COUNTRY WITH THIS CURRENT SETTINGS, KNOW THIS AND KNOW PEACE
it is now on front page so go and kill yourself

2 Likes

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by Johel(m): 8:28am On Nov 16, 2022
Mynd44:
Former Central Bank Of Nigeria and Present Governor of Anambra State, Professor Charles Soludo in an article titled "History beckons and I will not be silent " wrote about the poverty level of Anambra state from 2006 to 2010 while the present Presidential Candidate of the Labor Party, Peter Obi was in his first term as governor of Anambra state.

In an article which many described as either very needless as they claimed Charles Soludo is merely bitter and angry, others praised it as they said it brought into public light numerous false misconceptions by Peter Obi's supporters.

Either way, his comment on the statistics of the poverty level in Anambra, got tongues wagging and fingers typing (mine included) and a lot of people have said the former CBN governor simply lied (but did he?)

Claim: Charles Soludo wrote that "…poverty in Anambra actually grew (from less than 25% in 2005) to about 53% under Peter Obi in 2010/2011 but fell under Willie Obiano to 14.78% in 2020. Yes, poverty more than doubled under Peter Obi and more than 50% of Ndi Anambra were in poverty under him. Go and verify"

This isn't all as he had wrote something similar in 2015 in an article titled "Buhari vs Jonathan: Beyond the Election" where he wrote that "According to the National Bureau of Statistics, poverty rose under his watch in Anambra from 20% in 2004 (lowest in Nigeria then) to 68% in 2010 (a 238% deterioration!)."

These two quotes seem similar but can also be be different as the numbers dont match but if we look closely, in the 2022 letter, he mentioned 2010/2011 which was mostly measured in 2011 and in the 2015 letter, he was specific about the year 2010.

Verification: According to a press briefing By then Statistician General of the federation and lead of the National Bureau of Statistics, Yemi Kale in a press briefing titled "Press Briefing By The Statistician-General Of The Federation/Chief Executive
Officer, National Bureau Of Statictics Dr. Yemi Kale" delivered in February 2012.

Now since the NBS does not release poverty levels per years, we can only judge with the 2010 report

It is seen that the poverty level of Anambra state as at 2010 was at 68% (see image below) which matches the value quoted by Professor Charles Soludo in his 2015 article.

Verdict: The statement by the Anambra state governor, Professor Soludo claiming that the poverty level in Anambra while Peter Obi was governor rose to 68% in 2010 and 53% in 2010/2011 can be said to be true and not an exaggeration.

Also notable is that when Peter Obi responded to Professor Soludo in 2015, he did not refute the poverty percentage.

Shutup! Is Nigeria not poverty headquarters under APC??

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by Tinubuwins2023e: 8:29am On Nov 16, 2022
pinkPUSSY:

Very unfortunate!!..

If the verdict were to be FALSE, you would have been masturbating and jubilating here criticising Soludo. But since it indicted your lord Obi, you dey talk rubbish. Abegi

5 Likes

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by BigYash: 8:29am On Nov 16, 2022
Mynd44:
Former Central Bank Of Nigeria and Present Governor of Anambra State, Professor Charles Soludo in an article titled "History beckons and I will not be silent " wrote about the poverty level of Anambra state from 2006 to 2010 while the present Presidential Candidate of the Labor Party, Peter Obi was in his first term as governor of Anambra state.

In an article which many described as either very needless as they claimed Charles Soludo is merely bitter and angry, others praised it as they said it brought into public light numerous false misconceptions by Peter Obi's supporters.

Either way, his comment on the statistics of the poverty level in Anambra, got tongues wagging and fingers typing (mine included) and a lot of people have said the former CBN governor simply lied (but did he?)

Claim: Charles Soludo wrote that "…poverty in Anambra actually grew (from less than 25% in 2005) to about 53% under Peter Obi in 2010/2011 but fell under Willie Obiano to 14.78% in 2020. Yes, poverty more than doubled under Peter Obi and more than 50% of Ndi Anambra were in poverty under him. Go and verify"

This isn't all as he had wrote something similar in 2015 in an article titled "Buhari vs Jonathan: Beyond the Election" where he wrote that "According to the National Bureau of Statistics, poverty rose under his watch in Anambra from 20% in 2004 (lowest in Nigeria then) to 68% in 2010 (a 238% deterioration!)."

These two quotes seem similar but can also be be different as the numbers dont match but if we look closely, in the 2022 letter, he mentioned 2010/2011 which was mostly measured in 2011 and in the 2015 letter, he was specific about the year 2010.

Verification: According to a press briefing By then Statistician General of the federation and lead of the National Bureau of Statistics, Yemi Kale in a press briefing titled "Press Briefing By The Statistician-General Of The Federation/Chief Executive
Officer, National Bureau Of Statictics Dr. Yemi Kale" delivered in February 2012.

Now since the NBS does not release poverty levels per years, we can only judge with the 2010 report

It is seen that the poverty level of Anambra state as at 2010 was at 68% (see image below) which matches the value quoted by Professor Charles Soludo in his 2015 article.

Verdict: The statement by the Anambra state governor, Professor Soludo claiming that the poverty level in Anambra while Peter Obi was governor rose to 68% in 2010 and 53% in 2010/2011 can be said to be true and not an exaggeration.

Also notable is that when Peter Obi responded to Professor Soludo in 2015, he did not refute the poverty percentage.
Tinubu don give this one small thing.. If na better thread now.. D mugu no go push am to front page..

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by Princess80(f): 8:30am On Nov 16, 2022
pinkPUSSY:

Waking up in the morning the ist thing he did is opening a thread against Peter Obi by 5am,
whereas his candidate Tinubu has a lot of incredible dirty loads on his neck, of course this thread is heading to fp..
But isnt this suppose to be mynd44 job?

Verifying claims that moved to frontpage on the forum.

Why do you attack the truth and nail everyone who speak the truth?

Isnt this HITLER-tocracy?

1 Like

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by Ance4Liverpool: 8:30am On Nov 16, 2022
Obi is my choice

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by MNDY(m): 8:31am On Nov 16, 2022
To put this matter of poverty level and Obi's performance as governor to rest once and for all, the truth is Anambrans did not initially like him when he entered power as governor. But he later set the ball rolling and endeared himself to the hearts of not just only Anambrans but Igbo's and the southeast. He upgraded Anambra from what it was before he entered power.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by PoliteActivist: 8:31am On Nov 16, 2022
sonature1:
Seun,

Is this OP a mod or is Tinubu using this platform to promote his agenda?

I still maintain that Bola Tinubu is the worst candidate in this race.

Anyone who wishes to impose that old man on this country despises the country.

You mean the worst presidential candidate in the history of Nigeria, bar none!

I have NEVER seen this type of presidential candidate!

1 Like

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by isan(m): 8:31am On Nov 16, 2022
So you guys were doubting a whole professor?

1 Like

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by BATified2023: 8:33am On Nov 16, 2022
GoooodHardDick:

Dear Mr seun

so he should fire a mod cos he did a fact check

This is d same thing soludo is saying that we are building an hitler like society where no contrary opinion is welcome

So anyone not supporting obi or following obi must b fired?

1 Like

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by aariwa(m): 8:35am On Nov 16, 2022
Same Nigeria statistics that says unemployment in Nigeria is less than 20% ? Peter Obi scraped off billions from Anambra government wastage and corruption and invested in SMEs to empower the poor; from 1991 Anambra was created to 2002 Awka Anambra capital had only 3 hotels ask anybody above 40 living in Awka, compare it with Awka from Obi tenure from 2007- 2014 ( by 2014 you couldn’t get a land for less than 4m in Awka not to talk of now) This one is the easiest to verify poverty level under Peter Obi as governor. What supporters of the two septuagenarians do not understand is they think anybody that doesn’t vote for Obi will vote them Lol if Obi gets gets angry and resigns today ( God forbid) 99% of his supporters do not see both men as alternative and would never vote voted for the detested septuagenarians who are responsible for the bad shape of Nigeria today so let them continue their nonsense with their hungry paid hirelings all over the place constituting nuisance in the name of trying to get people vote old corrupt things they detest

5 Likes

Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by Princess80(f): 8:35am On Nov 16, 2022
Penguin2:
Lol!

After The Cable abandoned their stupid Fact Checking, Mynd44 has taken the mantle from The Cable.

Please do fast and push it to front page.

But Peter Obi will be president
I feel Nigerians need to know the truth about the claims from the governor.

I heard the presidential candidate's supporters has called a demigod to deal with the governor who criticize Peter Obi.
Its just normal for a mod to do his job to avoid further rancour
Re: Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check by drlateef: 8:35am On Nov 16, 2022
Mynd44:

Doctored report. Show us the link to check for ourselves. Soludo said its the poorest, you Zombidiots claimed it was the best. Now you are saying its one if the worse, not the worst. Who is telling lies?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Rejects Nigerian Peace Corps Bill / FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band / Osinbajo Jokes With Shettima Over Ice Cream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.