Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,831 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English (9337 Views)

2016 Nigerian Police Recruitment Form - All Required Documents - A Must Read! / Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) / Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by VUVUZELA10: 1:18am On Aug 26, 2011
Toronto degree or online degree.
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by Gluckdude(m): 1:36am On Aug 26, 2011
okay, which school the guy attend. that is the KOKO. osu or, ?
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by ogbongzky(m): 7:01am On Aug 26, 2011
So, all the current Police can spell "encounter" correctly? Nonsense shocked
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 26, 2011
Second Class Upper, in ENGLISH!!!!!! It's really pathetic. It makes you wonder who the lecturers of these people are.
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by Syenite(m): 12:15pm On Aug 26, 2011
The other day the GMD of NNPC revealed a shocking outcome of the NNPC test and some people were running there mouths and saying some ill things about the NNPC. Is it not playing out itself again in the Police interview? That is what we get from a swaggar generation that knows nothing but sagging of trousers and piutting on 'low-waist'.

"Olodo" generation. angry angry angry
All my children will definitely study abroad because in years to come we will be having lecturers that can't express themselves and will be sagging their trousers all about. angry angry angry
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by pinkrex(m): 12:18pm On Aug 26, 2011
Syenite:

The other day the GMD of NNPC revealed a shocking outcome of the NNPC test and some people were running there mouths and saying some ill things about the NNPC. Is it not playing out itself again in the Police interview? That is what we get from a swaggar generation that knows nothing but sagging of trousers and piutting on 'low-waist'.

"Olodo" generation. angry angry angry
All my children will definitely study abroad because in years to come we will be having lecturers that can't express themselves and will be sagging their trousers all about. angry angry angry

So much hate!!

As for the children part, good luck to you, more grace to you elbow.

BTW, will that adress the issue? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by innason(m): 6:33pm On Aug 26, 2011
what else do you expect when our stupid lecturers go ahead to collect bribe from student for scores. it is not only that they pass unserious students they equally fail deserving student because these students, though they passed, did not bribe them or buy their books. The government should make it mandatory that a unit in charge of such offence be created in all our schools then the trend may reduce.
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by dipo1: 8:03am On Aug 28, 2011
cold:

Wow shocked!I didn't realise a simple correction could land one in serious trouble.See as my body dey (((shake))) grin

Wouldn't it have been so nice if u stopped at the correction? But then you had to go on with 'i give up', then in your mor0nic being you say u only attempt to correct and not ridicule.
You are an hypocrite. Admit that you are trying to feel better than people you don't even know anything about. Its a shame if that makes you feel good cos in the end its just you and that laptop. If anyone is being foolishh, its gotta be you.
Thanks for the correction anyways, self-indulgent hypocrite.
Pls look through this one again for errors and correct them without any ridicule
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by damolaoye: 1:44pm On Aug 28, 2011
Abeg free d guy, shit happens.
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by tefund(m): 3:22pm On Aug 28, 2011
University degree does not neccesarilly mean good english
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by chux4liv(m): 10:55pm On Nov 25, 2011
Dont let us condem the dude, interview tension at times could turn u to a dullard. I once witness a similar scenerio when my interviewer asked me 10% of 5500, i first mentined 55 and the man was like Then he gave me a paper to solve it (as he could sense the tension in me) and i answered all his maths question in seconds. So do not accuse the dude, i knw many intelligent yoruba, ibo and hausa scholars who cant speak good english or pronounce words correctly. Yet they are Phd holders
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by LoveDecay(m): 10:57pm On Nov 25, 2011
;d
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by kayorday70: 11:00pm On Nov 25, 2011
There is a teaching vacancy on for now! kindly submitted your CV for a teaching vacancy to the below address. The vacancy is open to Technical Drawing and Basic Technology(introductory technology) teacher(s).

The Principal,
Queensland Academy,
!-5, Ebem-Oha street, off church b/stop,
okota, Lagos.

best of luck!
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by kayorday70: 11:30pm On Nov 25, 2011
Hey guys, kindly submitted your CV for a teaching vacancy to the below address. The vacancy is open to Technical Drawing and Basic Technology(introductory technology) teacher(s).

The Principal,
Queensland Academy,
okota, Lagos.

best of luck!
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by kayorday70: 11:37pm On Nov 25, 2011
Hey guys, kindly submitted your CV for a teaching vacancy to the below address. The vacancy is open to Technical Drawing and Basic Technology(introductory technology) teacher(s).

The Principal,
Queensland Academy,
okota, Lagos.

best of luck!
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by pandoras08(m): 11:48pm On Nov 25, 2011
visit www.ngjobquest.com for your information on current job offers in nigeria
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by Pain(m): 10:07am On Nov 29, 2011
While I may agree that such an incident is not far fetched with Nigerian graduates, I sincerely doubt the information coming from the Nigerian Police.
The guy may have been a graduate of English Language probably with a pass or third class, but trust Nigerians especially the Police to always garnish their gist in order to make it more sensational.
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by Shinatu: 1:55pm On Nov 30, 2011
Pain:

While I may agree that such an incident is not far fetched with Nigerian graduates, I sincerely doubt the information coming from the Nigerian Police.
The guy may have been a graduate of English Language probably with a pass or third class, but trust Nigerians especially the Police to always garnish their gist in order to make it more sensational.

, such a person should still be able to express himself/spell 'encounter'
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by niddamugu(m): 5:55pm On Dec 01, 2011
I may be wrong on this. But if he actually scored 2.1 as claimed, the NPF would have been the last place for him to get employed. Unfortunately, he got it all wrong because he attempted to use yesterday's mentality to run today's business - forgetting that "not everyone who wears the black uniform is dirty minded"

Period.
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by fekolastic(m): 12:55am On Dec 11, 2011
Guys, what does it take to make a 2.1 these days.How many graduates could remember there final year project topics, let alone discuss what is in it, Lecturers or supervisors are now project writing contractors or else the student will not graduate, when you hear final year students asking for 50k to 100k for there final year projects.
When a student is gainfully employed in a local government in umuahia and same time schooling in Uturu or Port HARCOURT , when will be in class.
Some students don't even attend lectures from beginning of semester,only to appear during exams, during holidays to sort.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can't Log In To My Npower Portal Like 3 Days Now / What Value Do You Bring To The Table? / Federal Govt Rush Hour Recruitment(exposed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.