Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Building A Bungalow In Lagos - Properties (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A Bungalow In Lagos (56636 Views)

Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja / Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by Sprumbaba: 7:26pm On Apr 05, 2013
ohhhh. Thanks Trust. I just saw your detailed reply at the top. Ama buy myself the toilet.Will stop by home depot today.
Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by trust101: 7:28pm On Apr 05, 2013
Sprumbaba: Thanks Trust101. So you mean I should go ahead and buy the American toilet and our Naija plumbers will fix them.
or I should buy the type you are holding (or it is still the same american style)?

I have actually seen american toilets been used in Nigeria which means our plumber should be able to make things happen.

WHAT ABOUT NOW DO YOU HAVE A CLEAR PICTURE OF HOW IS BEEN INSTALLED NOW?
Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by Sprumbaba: 7:33pm On Apr 05, 2013
trust101:

WHAT ABOUT NOW DO YOU HAVE A CLEAR PICTURE OF HOW IS BEEN INSTALLED NOW?

Yes oo. Thank you so much. I can now buy toilet of my choice. I will even forward to engineer to ask the plumber he is using. Really appreciate this.Forward ever my man.
Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by trust101: 7:34pm On Apr 05, 2013
Sprumbaba: ohhhh. Thanks Trust. I just saw your detailed reply at the top. Ama buy myself the toilet.Will stop by home depot today.
YOU'RE WELCOME. BELIEVE ME IS EASIER THAN YOU THINK. OKAY,GOOD LUCK.
Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by trust101: 7:34pm On Apr 05, 2013
Sprumbaba:

Yes oo. Thank you so much. I can now buy toilet of my choice. I will even forward to engineer to ask the plumber he is using. Really appreciate this.Forward ever my man.
COOL.
Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by trust101: 7:40pm On Apr 05, 2013
THIS IS THE COLOR I USED.

Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by trust101: 7:45pm On Apr 05, 2013
mufutau55
That is the drain for the tub.

Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by trust101: 7:47pm On Apr 05, 2013
/
Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by Sprumbaba: 7:55pm On Apr 05, 2013
@Trust, I bought all my lights here.I was told we only need to change the bulb to 240Volt bulb (which I ordered those in the UK) and not wire. Do you have any experience in this regard?
Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by trust101: 7:55pm On Apr 05, 2013
Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by Sprumbaba: 7:58pm On Apr 05, 2013
trust101: mufutau55

That is all i could get for now.

Vanity Combo is sweet.flooranddecoroutlets.com is doing like 40% off on them now.
Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by trust101: 7:58pm On Apr 05, 2013
Sprumbaba: @Trust, I bought all my lights here.I was told we only need to change the bulb and not wire. Do you have any experience in this regard?

Yeah just the bulb is whats needed to be change to 220 volts as ours is 110 volts.
I did the same things.
Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by mufutau55(m): 8:05pm On Apr 05, 2013
trust101:
The first one is here not Nigeria. The difference is just the way is been install.
(Nigeria design is from the back of tiolet and here is from ground that's the only difference)
Hope you understand it now

Thanks very much. Now, I can see the difference, says the blind man. smiley

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by trust101: 8:11pm On Apr 05, 2013
Sprumbaba:

Vanity Combo is sweet.flooranddecoroutlets.com is doing like 40% off on them now.

Thanks for the info but i have everything that's needed for the house at hand already.
just waiting for each stage and we fix whatever is needed.
Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by trust101: 8:11pm On Apr 05, 2013
mufutau55:

Thanks very much. Now, I can see the difference, says the blind man. smiley

Hajji Mufutau

you're welcome sir,okay.
Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by mufutau55(m): 8:12pm On Apr 05, 2013
trust101: mufutau55
That is all i could get for now.
Are you kidding! You have provided more than enough on this subject.
Thank you very much.. You have opened my eyes to all of this fixtures.
Shop away.. and shipping embarassed

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by trust101: 8:13pm On Apr 05, 2013
mufutau55:
Are you kidding! You have provided more than enough on this subject.
Thank you very much.. You have opened my eyes to all of this fixtures.
Shop away.. and shipping embarassed

Hajji Mufutau
okay sir.
Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by Sprumbaba: 8:37pm On Apr 05, 2013
trust101:

Yeah just the bulb is whats needed to be change to 220 volts as ours is 110 volts.
I did the same things.

Thanks. That sounds good to me. You must have paid a lot shipping those stuff to naija
Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by trust101: 8:43pm On Apr 05, 2013
Sprumbaba:

Thanks. That sounds good to me. You must have paid a lot shipping those stuff to naija

You're welcome. I feel you about the money been spent on shipping but i just like to have something am safe with.
Hope you understand what i meant.
Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by trust101: 8:46pm On Apr 05, 2013
Sprumbaba
WHAT DID YOU DO ABOUT TILES OR WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT IT?
Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by mufutau55(m): 9:11pm On Apr 05, 2013
@Trust101
How much does those Window Burglary proof costs in the following sizes:
I like the design.. Is it a solid round or the hollow square rods?

4x6
4x4
2x2

Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 05, 2013
@Trust

You have done really well. May God help you complete this project soonest! I have similar project going on in Nigeria too. Mine is now up to the roofing level. How I wished there was Home Depot or Lowes in Nigeria. I am based in North Carolina. Where are you based?
Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 05, 2013
@Hajji Mufutau

You really entertain me a lot on this forum. Where are you based?
Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by Sprumbaba: 9:23pm On Apr 05, 2013
trust101: Sprumbaba
WHAT DID YOU DO ABOUT TILES OR WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT IT?
I bought everything here from both floudecor and Home depot. I bought some wood floors at Lumber Liquidator.
I shipped them by pallets. The consolidation shipping price was from $200 to $300 and this depends on the height of the pallet. The 13 by 13 tiles has more height that 20 by 20 tiles.

1 Like

Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 05, 2013
Sprumbaba:
I bought everything here from both floudecor and Home depot. I bought some wood floors at Lumber Liquidator.
I shipped them by pallets. The consolidation shipping price was from $200 to $300 and this depends on the height of the pallet. The 13 by 13 tiles has more height that 20 by 20 tiles.

How much did you ship all your tiles to Nigeria? What company did you use?
Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by Sprumbaba: 9:44pm On Apr 05, 2013
payless:

How much did you ship all your tiles to Nigeria? What company did you use?
It is a continuous shipping because there are many projects. I stock and ship when there is no space in my garage. I use 2 companies in Texas.I have 3 pallets (2 pallets of 20 by 20. 1 pallet of 16 by 16) now and I hope to buy some more.

1 Like

Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by mufutau55(m): 9:44pm On Apr 05, 2013
payless: @Hajji Mufutau
You really entertain me a lot on this forum. Where are you based?

Just trying all my best to learn from all this good guys. I am in New York City, USA of course.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by trust101: 9:52pm On Apr 05, 2013
mufutau55: @Trust101
How much does those Window Burglary proof costs in the following sizes:
I like the design.. Is it a solid round or the hollow square rods?

4x6
4x4
2x2

Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau

The iron is solid rod.

6X5 #8,000X8 = #64,000
5X5 #7,000X3 =#21,000
4X4 #6,000X1=#6,000,
2.5X3 #4,000X11= #44,000.
Total amount is :#134,000
Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by trust101: 9:57pm On Apr 05, 2013
payless: @Trust

You have done really well. May God help you complete this project soonest! I have similar project going on in Nigeria too. Mine is now up to the roofing level. How I wished there was Home Depot or Lowes in Nigeria. I am based in North Carolina. Where are you based?

Thanks and May He help you too. Don't worry everything will take care of it self when the time comes so trust God. I wished too because i will not have to work for some shipping guys grin Nice to see my people around grin
NYC.
Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by Sprumbaba: 10:02pm On Apr 05, 2013
trust101:

Thanks and May He help you too. Don't worry everything will take care of it self when the time comes so trust God. I wished too because i will not have to work for some shipping guys grin Nice to see my people around grin
NYC.
How una dey cope with your Tax?
Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by trust101: 10:16pm On Apr 05, 2013
Sprumbaba:

I tried to do same but just gave up because is too heavy and am not there to receive it so that's how i lets go of the ideal and base on people here on nairaland tiles is more cheaper and i can testified to that because last week i sent my people out to see what the price looks like before i can finally give up. I was pleased to with the price. Just to give you an ideal of how much they are sold for. The attached tile was bought for less than #800 per sqm 40cmx25cm

Re: Building A Bungalow In Lagos by trust101: 10:17pm On Apr 05, 2013
Sprumbaba:
How una dey cope with your Tax?
My person is the law of the land grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply)

America’s Most Expensive Home, The $139 Million Gold Plated Mansion In Florida / Tree Falls On Man's Bed In Delta Moments After Waking Up. Photos / Eko Atlantic Taking Shape - Latest Beautiful Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.