Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,930 members, 7,835,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. (42509 Views)

The Catfish I Bought For #2500 / The Catfish I Bought N3600 in Enugu / The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sunisonflex39(m): 7:55pm On Nov 24, 2022
2saviourfriday9:
You bin no wash that fish with hot water, but oil come plenty in your soup

Hungry no allow me think straight..and it's my first time preparing food with catfish i no know say them dey use hot water wash am
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by ZooOga: 7:55pm On Nov 24, 2022
Poverty is not good! cheesy
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by OdefaGirl(f): 7:55pm On Nov 24, 2022
Parrot69:
Stupid boy, are you trying to post this so people can pity you and send you money or what??
Why didn't you buy pizza ingredients to make pizza, instead of going for expensive catfish soup.
You have only N1,500 in your account and you're proud to say it? Only an ịdịot will ask you for account nụmber. This show how stupid nonentity you are? Idiot! Online beggar!

Easy please....the toxicity is overwhelming.
Did he ask for money? He's asking for a job...... that's responsible if I may say.

2 Likes

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by jclassiq(m): 7:56pm On Nov 24, 2022
What kind of job do you have skill for?

I think you need to be specific so that anyone who desires to help you can know for sure that they actually can.
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sunisonflex39(m): 7:57pm On Nov 24, 2022
Yuneehk:

Eating catfish means you have money.

You could have added onugbu, okazi, or oha no matter how little and it will cost 50 or 100naira.
No money. Sisterly..I was priciing uziza leaf of 59 naira..seller told me it's 100..so if I buy with 100 I will have to trek home under hot sun and my body was shaking due to hunger..so I just leave am enter Keke before I off

1 Like

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 24, 2022
Sunisonflex39:

Hungry no allow me think straight..and it's my first time preparing food with catfish i no know say them dey use hot water wash am
Chai even a primary school student sabi prepare it pass you. As for me i wont eat that soup

1 Like

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by jclassiq(m): 7:58pm On Nov 24, 2022
Octopusssy:

Okro 300
Ugu 100
Maggi 50
Onion 50
Oil 100
Dry pepper 100
Gari - 500
Kpanla- 300

2 days worth of soup and you will eat to your satisfaction. Why blow 1,500 for only one eating like this?

I don't see how he will eat to his satisfaction with only soup. He won't drink just the soup na. grin

The 1500 includes garri.
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by osazsky(m): 7:59pm On Nov 24, 2022
Where una for they see this money..how u take buy catfish this period...God way do ur own go do our own...u mean Nigerians can still afford catfish
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sunisonflex39(m): 7:59pm On Nov 24, 2022
jclassiq:

I think you need to be specific so that anyone who desires to help you can know for sure that they actually can.

I do freelance photography and vidoegraphy and data analysis
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by dododawa1: 7:59pm On Nov 24, 2022
Life Na one
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by stasius: 8:00pm On Nov 24, 2022
You made a mistake by adding the fish at the start.

Next time cook the sauce first and add the fish last.
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sunisonflex39(m): 8:00pm On Nov 24, 2022
osazsky:
Where una for they see this money..how u take buy catfish this period...God way do ur own go do our own...u mean Nigerians can still afford catfish

The price of this catfish used to be 400 naira some months back..I was shocked when the seller was calling 1200 for same size
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sunisonflex39(m): 8:00pm On Nov 24, 2022
stasius:
You made a mistake by adding the fish at the start.

Next time cook the sauce first and add the fish last.
noted
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sunisonflex39(m): 8:01pm On Nov 24, 2022
jclassiq:

I don't see how he will eat to his satisfaction with only soup. He won't drink just the soup na. grin

The 1500 includes garri.

The soup remain..it will last me 2 days
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sunisonflex39(m): 8:02pm On Nov 24, 2022
ZooOga:
Poverty is not good! cheesy

It's surely not good
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sunisonflex39(m): 8:03pm On Nov 24, 2022
OdefaGirl:

Easy please....the toxicity is overwhelming.
Did he ask for money? He's asking for a job...... that's responsible if I may say.

Sisi let him go...I was shocked reading that..thank God I am emotionally strong

1 Like

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by saintruky(m): 8:05pm On Nov 24, 2022
Sunisonflex39:
Food is been dished..

Please don't laugh at me o..I can cook but na waitin my money reach buy I manage o

Abeg d soup get name?
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Bahamas95(m): 8:07pm On Nov 24, 2022
mokset123:
next time, try wash the slime off the catfish with hot water before cooking with it, you will be amazed with the dirt you would see in the bowl of hot water you used in washing the fish
Nai be say I don chop enough slime full belle. cheesy

I eat catfish alot but didn't know hot water is used to wash off the slime....Thanks for this info.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 24, 2022
TheSameGuy:
angry
Are fingers equal grin

That was not what I meant.
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sunisonflex39(m): 8:08pm On Nov 24, 2022
saintruky:

Abeg d soup get name?
Offor soup..leave name and quench hunger fess
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by BeardedMeat(m): 8:11pm On Nov 24, 2022
Sunisonflex39:
Just finished making Garri
Did you make the garri on the floor
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sunisonflex39(m): 8:16pm On Nov 24, 2022
Godsgift7837:
Drop your account make I give you 10k

Zenith Bank

Thank you so very much sir.
I actually spaced the numbers due to not banking
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by paradigmshift(m): 8:16pm On Nov 24, 2022
Can't eat this eh
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sunisonflex39(m): 8:18pm On Nov 24, 2022
paradigmshift:
Can't eat this eh

Be calming down..one man's food is another man's poison
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by donbabsaint(m): 8:20pm On Nov 24, 2022
Sunisonflex39:
After a few more minutes I took the pot down..ready to make garri..
uns dey oppress me for here o. No worries Sha. My time go soon come.
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sirchiboy: 8:22pm On Nov 24, 2022
Sunisonflex39:
Goood day my country People..
As you all can see how hard the country is, that these days we eat for survival, not enjoyment..

This is how I spent my last 1500 naira for food that will last me for two day I think..

I wanted to get dried fish, kpomo, prewikles, and leaf..but the money was not enough, so I had to buy half deica of garri first of 500..as garri is life saver..

I went to Tank market at rumukrushi in Port Harcourt

Priced this catfish for 800 naira...haba..things cost o..seller was telling me 1200. We letter aggred for 800 naira..I have 200 left.. bought Palm oil 100 naira and knor cube 50 and onion 50..very small Onion..

As no money to get the rest..man must survive..
Below are pictures of the food.

Picture 1 is the fish in a pot

Picture 2. Sliced onion, salt, pepper and Maggi

Picture 3. Palm oil and offor

Picture 4.. preparation

You can also do well to check my other thread as per bachelor cooking and managing money skill.....this is a 1k food..minus the half derika of garri...it will last me till tomorrow evening..

My other food thread last year..

https://www.nairaland.com/6536601/photo-oha-soup-prepared-n850

What do you do for a living?
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sirchiboy: 8:23pm On Nov 24, 2022
jclassiq:

HND computer science
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sirchiboy: 8:25pm On Nov 24, 2022
Godsgift7837:
Drop your account make I give you 10k
God bless you uncle for putting smile on his face.
Hope to benefit from you one day.
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Clinghton: 8:26pm On Nov 24, 2022
For you to cook with fish, mean say hope dey for tomorrow.
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Anijay1212(m): 8:26pm On Nov 24, 2022
ahnie:
You na big man nau,I haven't eaten anything food for the past 3 years.

You try with the cook.

grin
Linus
angry angry
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by olaodun: 8:26pm On Nov 24, 2022
you can kill yourself
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by madapcmod: 8:27pm On Nov 24, 2022
Wetin be the name of the soup you cooked?

Catfish soup? Offor soup or red oil soup? I'm confused like this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) / UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices / I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.