Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? (14934 Views)

"Empty Stadium" Reno Omokri Mocks Peter Obi On Attendance At Rallies / I Prefer To Speak at Rallies & Gatherings -Tinubu Reject Arise TV invite / Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah: What Obideints Should Know About Tinubu's Crowd At Rallies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? by Polchiz(m): 2:42pm On Nov 24, 2022
Personally, I have never attended political rally but I have always voted my preferred candidate.

The front runners for the presidency come 2023 are engaging in political rallies across the country and their supporters and opponents are always quick to brag about crowds in their rally.

No rally can pull upto 400, 000 people, considering the capacity of the venues. Contrastly, candidates have won states with over a million votes. Some people are also paid to be at the rally.

Consequently, I ask " does crowd at rally translate to votes? ".

Additionally, don't we think that grassroots sensitization and mobilisation is more productive than rallies?

Many rural dwellers don't have the time and resources to make it to venues of campaign rallies .

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? by Emir01: 2:46pm On Nov 24, 2022
It matters, it's also part of the game both psychological and capacity to mobilize.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? by ganisucks(f): 2:46pm On Nov 24, 2022
Polchiz:
Personally, I have never attended political rally but I have always voted my preferred candidate.

The front runners for the presidency come 2023 are engaging in political rallies across the country and their supporters and opponents are always quick to brag about crowds in their rally.

No rally can pull upto 400, 000 people, considering the capacity of the venues. Contrastly, candidates have won states with over a million votes. Some people are also paid to be at the rally.

Additionally, don't we think that grassroots sensitization and mobilisation is more productive than rallies?

Many rural dwellers don't have the time and resources to make it to venues of campaign rallies .
No. It's just for show. What matters is if the cabal is picking your call. If they are call blocking you, if you like go and fill the maracana with a flood of people, you will still LOSE.

But crowd helps the psychology of the electorate.

16 Likes

Re: Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? by Kyase(m): 2:47pm On Nov 24, 2022
Yes
If you are APC or PDP

14 Likes

Re: Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? by immortalcrown(m): 2:48pm On Nov 24, 2022
Yes, it really matters. Rigging can't happen without it. If 1000 people rally for a candidate and only 10 later vote for the candidate, the candidate can claim he got 500 votes. But if only 10 rally for the candidate and he or she later claims to get 500 votes, you will ask who and who later voted for the candidate. This is why they pay so much money to get a large number of people at rallies.

105 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? by mrvitalis(m): 2:48pm On Nov 24, 2022
Polchiz:

In a way yes especially if you didn't pay for such rallies it gives a few of how you are liked in that region really

If I am to run for president of Nigeria ...I won't do rallies the way we know it ...instead I would tour every state for a few days ...hold small rallies in like 5 to 10 location , mostly hold town hall meetings with stake holders ... students, market women , business community, religious leaders , different groups ...I would then try to tour all the radio and TV stations in the state ...to sell my ideas

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? by triple996(m): 2:49pm On Nov 24, 2022
9ja na chop, scream and vote ur choice 4 election grin

6 Likes

Re: Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? by mrvitalis(m): 2:49pm On Nov 24, 2022
immortalcrown:
Yes, it really matters. Rigging can't happen without it. If 1000 people rally for a candidate and only 10 later vote for the candidate, the candidate can claim he got 500 votes. But if 10 rally for the candidate and later claims to get more than 10 votes, you will ask who and who later voted for the candidate. This is why they pay so much money to get a large number of people at rallies.
Honestly this makes absolute no sense that can't stand in any court of law at all

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? by immortalcrown(m): 2:50pm On Nov 24, 2022
mrvitalis:

Honestly this makes absolute no sense that can't stand in any court of law at all
It doesn't have to make sense to you before it can work for them. They know what you don't know. They know how to utilize what you neglect. And that's why they always prevail against you.

37 Likes

Re: Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? by Nonexisting1: 2:51pm On Nov 24, 2022
Different rallies, same crowd. Many people go to those rallies for what would be shared there.

35 Likes

Re: Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? by Polchiz(m): 2:51pm On Nov 24, 2022
mrvitalis:

In a way yes especially if you didn't pay for such rallies it gives a few of how you are liked in that region really

If I am to run for president of Nigeria ...I won't do rallies the way we know it ...instead I would tour every state for a few days ...hold small rallies in like 5 to 10 location , mostly hold town hall meetings with stake holders ... students, market women , business community, religious leaders , different groups ...I would then try to tour all the radio and TV stations in the state ...to sell my ideas
Superb idea.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? by Validated: 2:54pm On Nov 24, 2022
Polchiz:

Ask Rolly in Kenya, he will educate you more.
With Obi's crowd APC has lost hope. They now want INEC to jettison BVAS

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? by mrvitalis(m): 3:01pm On Nov 24, 2022
immortalcrown:
It doesn't have to make sense to you before it can work for them. They know what you don't know. They know how to utilize what you neglect. And that's why they always prevail against you.
Politicians only pay for crowed so then they rig it won't be suppressing and to convince themselves the people are behind them

Most of them have mental illness

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? by Akacollins7: 3:05pm On Nov 24, 2022
I don't think so. The same people that gather at Mr A rally are the same people that will still at Mr B rally, and at end of day they vote their choice. mostly now that everybody have Wise up. Collect the money and vote your choice. to me the noise momentum gathering noise about any party is just noise.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? by Kingspin(m): 8:21pm On Nov 24, 2022
It doesn't matter at the polling box what matters most is INEC officials stay away from rigging for the party.

The only crowds that matters are those who were not billed to the stadium or meetings.

1 Like

Re: Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? by ecolime(m): 8:22pm On Nov 24, 2022
It depends on the candidate.

Tinubu's rallies mean nothing. It's just an avenue to make soft money from our looted common wealth.

Let Tinubu give me dollars like the primaries delegates he paid, Trust me I will attend all his rallies all over the country but will still vote the right candidate- Peter Obi.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? by KEVIND: 8:22pm On Nov 24, 2022
If the crowd is organic its matters but if its a paid, rented crowd its doesn't have effect.
1st pix is a paid & rented crowd mostly found in PDAPC Rallies.
2nd pix is of course organic crowd of ObiDatti

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? by Brendaniel: 8:23pm On Nov 24, 2022
Crowd matters, however rented crowd does not matter, if not, Tinubu and Oyetola would have won Osun state because they always pulled more crowd than PDP during the campaign .

BVAS has made renting crowd ineffective for rigging - That's why I'm laughing at those renting crowd for campaign

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? by floss(m): 8:23pm On Nov 24, 2022
Yes
Re: Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? by hssd8nland: 8:24pm On Nov 24, 2022
Emir01:
It matters, it's also part of the game both psychological and capacity to mobilize.
Yap you understand the game...

4 Likes

Re: Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 24, 2022
grin

Re: Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? by dazzlingd(m): 8:25pm On Nov 24, 2022
Nope

Using set theory will explain it means nothing much

Some people are just there to view and will attend any rally from any political party.

Some will attend and will not stil vote

Some will vote and will not attend

3 Likes

Re: Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? by ADBA3005(m): 8:27pm On Nov 24, 2022
See silly question: The naive Obidients are flabbergasted about the turn out of people at Imo today.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? by Daniluv1(m): 8:27pm On Nov 24, 2022
immortalcrown:
Yes, it really matters. Rigging can't happen without it. If 1000 people rally for a candidate and only 10 later vote for the candidate, the candidate can claim he got 500 votes. But if only 10 rally for the candidate and he or she later claims to get 500 votes, you will ask who and who later voted for the candidate. This is why they pay so much money to get a large number of people at rallies.

And I hope you have been taking note of the figures of attendees

Dumb as*

2 Likes

Re: Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? by ThePolemicist: 8:27pm On Nov 24, 2022
Not in a poverty infested hunger ridden society like Nigeria where the next meal is the priority. Not a future that isn’t guaranteed because of hunger.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? by Polchiz(m): 8:29pm On Nov 24, 2022
ADBA3005:
See silly question: The naive Obidients are flabbergasted about the turn out of people at Imo today.
Imo state? And you called obidients naive?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? by rayopt(m): 8:29pm On Nov 24, 2022
immortalcrown:

Lol. This is this wackiest reason for a rally. Politics is waaaay deeper than this. Political rallies is to gain ground and spread. With rallies, those in the inner cities can know who the main competitors are. For those in urban areas, rallies is more of a psychological warfare. As innnn, it is for make-believe so people can think a particular candidate is more popular than others. Numbers matter in rallies that's why big parties rent crowd to prove a point

4 Likes

Re: Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? by inoki247: 8:30pm On Nov 24, 2022
lol 2023 las las everybody go dey alright....
Re: Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 24, 2022
No
Re: Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? by topoftheworld(m): 8:32pm On Nov 24, 2022
It doesn't matter!

I remembered when I was in Akure Ondo state some years back, during election season, they will come to give us 2k,cap and polo to joined the campaign, we don't have anybody political party then but to follow anyone that gave us money...

Same people U see in PDP rally, U see them in APC rally, provided money is involved..

All is money induced

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Chairman, Abdullahi Adamu To Meet APC Governors Sunday / Upn Adopts President Jonathan As Its Presidential Candidate / Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.