Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Jonathan Promises 'vigorous' Response To Abuja Bomb Blast - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Promises 'vigorous' Response To Abuja Bomb Blast (871 Views)

Buhari Sends Delegation To Abuja Bomb Blast Scenes (Photos) / SHOCKING VIDEO: President Jonathan Promises To Create Unemployment / Jonathan Promises Fairness In Federal Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Promises 'vigorous' Response To Abuja Bomb Blast by maclatunji: 4:03pm On Aug 26, 2011
Jonathan promises 'vigorous' response to blast

By Elizabeth Archibong

The bomb attack on the United Nations building Friday morning in Abuja, is an assault on global peace and security, President Goodluck Jonathan has said.

The president, in statement released by his spokesman, Rueben Abati also described the attack as 'barbaric, senseless and cowardly.'

"The President believes that the attack is a most despicable assault on the United Nations' objectives of global peace and security, and the sanctity of human life to which Nigeria wholly subscribes," the statement said.

"The president extends his sincere condolences to the Secretary-General of the United Nations, Ban Ki-Moon and all members of the United Nations family who have lost loved ones in the heinous attack."

The statemnet also said Mr. Jonathan "reaffirms the Federal Government's total commitment to vigorously combat the incursion of all forms of terrorism into Nigeria, and wishes to reassure all Nigerians and the international community that his Administration will spare no effort to bring the perpetrators to justice".

The President has also directed all relevant government agencies to assist in the search and rescue effort at the UN Building, and ordered heightened security across the Federal Capital Territory.

Seeking support

He urges all Nigerians to cooperate fully with the government in its efforts to expose the elements who promote violence, terrorism and division in the country.

"While noting that by today's attack, we are once again reminded of the international character of terrorism and its indiscriminate targeting of innocent civilians, President Jonathan affirms Nigeria's determination to continue to play its part in the global effort to eradicate the scourge of terrorism in all its ramifications," the statement said.

He urges Nigerians and foreigners resident in the country to go about their affairs with the full assurance that the Federal Government and its law enforcement agencies will continue working diligently to ensure the full protection of lives and property in the country.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5739996-146/jonathan_promises_vigorous_response_to_blast.csp
Re: Jonathan Promises 'vigorous' Response To Abuja Bomb Blast by maclatunji: 4:04pm On Aug 26, 2011
Me, I have heard it all before and nothing has changed!
Re: Jonathan Promises 'vigorous' Response To Abuja Bomb Blast by jason123: 4:15pm On Aug 26, 2011
Shakara oloje! cheesy
Re: Jonathan Promises 'vigorous' Response To Abuja Bomb Blast by Sunofgod(m): 4:25pm On Aug 26, 2011
GEJ vocabulary doesn't extend that far - that statement was prepared by the UN and handed to GEJ to release.

William Hague released an identical statement - and somehow I cant see now the two of them will use the same terminology.
Re: Jonathan Promises 'vigorous' Response To Abuja Bomb Blast by Afam4eva(m): 4:28pm On Aug 26, 2011
Different bomb blast begets different grammar eg Enough is enough, vigorous response etc
Re: Jonathan Promises 'vigorous' Response To Abuja Bomb Blast by Johndoe100(m): 4:29pm On Aug 26, 2011
maclatunji:

Me, I have heard it all before and nothing has changed!

Were you not the clown calling for GEJ's impeachment? Most of you guys are not safe to be allowed out by yourselves.
Re: Jonathan Promises 'vigorous' Response To Abuja Bomb Blast by OAM4J: 4:40pm On Aug 26, 2011
Haven't we heard this kind of lame response before that has not produced any result till date?
Re: Jonathan Promises 'vigorous' Response To Abuja Bomb Blast by Afam4eva(m): 4:43pm On Aug 26, 2011
Abi oo. The country is burning and Mr president has the time to update his facebook status. This nation is a disgrace to humanity.
Re: Jonathan Promises 'vigorous' Response To Abuja Bomb Blast by Johndoe100(m): 4:47pm On Aug 26, 2011
OAM4J:

Haven't we heard this kind of lame response before that has not produced any result till date?

When you say result, you mean you want an e-mail from the SSS giving you a personal update? I had thought you were smarter than this. sad
Re: Jonathan Promises 'vigorous' Response To Abuja Bomb Blast by maclatunji: 4:49pm On Aug 26, 2011
Johndoe100:

Were you not the clown calling for GEJ's impeachment? Most of you guys are not safe to be allowed out by yourselves.

Obviously, you have a problem with comprehension.
Re: Jonathan Promises 'vigorous' Response To Abuja Bomb Blast by dayokanu(m): 5:00pm On Aug 26, 2011
I think that speech has been recorded sometime back and only played as the need arises.

I doubt Odechukwu Retardeen understands the meaning

What are the results of the previous "vigorous responses" on October 1, Jos crisis, Xmas day bombing, NYSC massacre, Post election bombings etc?
Re: Jonathan Promises 'vigorous' Response To Abuja Bomb Blast by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 26, 2011
Is the legislature still on Ramadan leave?
Why is there no official reaction to this act of terrorism from the other arms of government?
Re: Jonathan Promises 'vigorous' Response To Abuja Bomb Blast by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 26, 2011
The duffer should shut his mouth, I hate you
Re: Jonathan Promises 'vigorous' Response To Abuja Bomb Blast by friedrice1: 5:43pm On Aug 26, 2011
dayokanu:

I think that speech has been recorded sometime back and only played as the need arises.

What are the results of the previous "vigorous responses" on October 1, Jos crisis, Xmas day bombing, NYSC massacre, Post election bombings etc?
Sadly, this is true.
Re: Jonathan Promises 'vigorous' Response To Abuja Bomb Blast by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 26, 2011
dayokanu:

Can you imagine? Can he not simply resign. This man will destroy our country. I know very soon he will bring out another self serving draft in the midst of all this. angry
Re: Jonathan Promises 'vigorous' Response To Abuja Bomb Blast by otokx(m): 9:00pm On Aug 26, 2011
We are all waiting patiently for the vigorous response
Re: Jonathan Promises 'vigorous' Response To Abuja Bomb Blast by 1025: 3:02am On Aug 27, 2011
somebody declared a state of emergency on power sector and since, power is going down and the emergency is gradually turning into etrnity.
uncle joe, no vex but i have to say this- i no trust you and your peomises.
Re: Jonathan Promises 'vigorous' Response To Abuja Bomb Blast by Kobojunkie: 3:09am On Aug 27, 2011
He also promised swift action against perpetrators of election violence ioooooo!!!!
Re: Jonathan Promises 'vigorous' Response To Abuja Bomb Blast by okadaman2: 3:57am On Aug 27, 2011
maclatunji:

Jonathan promises 'vigorous' response to blast

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

My president wants to injure me with laugh ooo.  grin grin
Re: Jonathan Promises 'vigorous' Response To Abuja Bomb Blast by tpia5: 4:01am On Aug 27, 2011
what's the meaning of vigorous because i think it might mean something different in nigeria, than what the dictionary says.

i suppose it means sluggish or non-existent.

is beaf around to throw more light on this puzzling issue.

(1) (Reply)

2012 Adamawa Governorship Race - CPC's Resurrection / When Will Revolution Take Place In Nigeria. / Africa's Last Taboo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.