Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:30 AM

President Jonathan's Official Statement On UN Building Bomb Blast - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's Official Statement On UN Building Bomb Blast (7250 Views)

More Pics From Buhari's Aso Rock Tour And Jonathan's Official Handover / Habeeb Bama Captured Mastermind Of UN Building Bombing Is Dead! / The Face Of The Man Who Bombed The Un Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan's Official Statement On UN Building Bomb Blast by Roland17(m): 5:52pm On Aug 26, 2011
Another weak statement that would not even get an ANT scared.
Re: President Jonathan's Official Statement On UN Building Bomb Blast by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 26, 2011
Bawss1:

I wouldn't expect the president to say anything different from what he has just said. What I expect, however, is that he matches his words with appropriate action. We have heard it all before, heck this is about the fifth time that GEJ is making such 'assurances', what has changed since he made the first of this kind of statement?

Come on GEJ, you've got to step up your game. Apparently whatever you are doing isn't working.
Right on
Re: President Jonathan's Official Statement On UN Building Bomb Blast by Kaestro(m): 5:59pm On Aug 26, 2011
On the attack, no one is safe from an enemy.

On the president's response I agree with Depointer1 and eGuerrilla, the president should confront a nation like Nigeria with adequate affirmation of his abilities given his infamous popularity for docility.  

@ Beaf, Bush cannot even contend with Abacha's intelligence let alone handle 9/11 confusion. David Cameron I heard was away and his coalition partner gave a speech before the peak of the attacks in London
Re: President Jonathan's Official Statement On UN Building Bomb Blast by Bawss1(m): 6:00pm On Aug 26, 2011
Why does this thread read Reuben Abati's Official Statement on UN Building Bomb Blast on the homepage?

Is Seun providing some sort of soft landing for GEJ because of the expected fallout?
Re: President Jonathan's Official Statement On UN Building Bomb Blast by CyrilO1: 6:01pm On Aug 26, 2011
a well articulatd statemnt.Tame ds bastards, its nt fun GEJ
Re: President Jonathan's Official Statement On UN Building Bomb Blast by kizito96(m): 6:15pm On Aug 26, 2011
Good grammar is not the solution. Drastic actions need drastic measures. Kill the captured guys. Its done all over.
Re: President Jonathan's Official Statement On UN Building Bomb Blast by seunajia: 6:20pm On Aug 26, 2011
I am wondering why Beaf is so abusive. I suppose we were having a matured conversation here  
Be concise with your opinion and stop being a critique. That sb has a different opinion does not make them daft! Please?
Thanks
Re: President Jonathan's Official Statement On UN Building Bomb Blast by teskyg: 6:42pm On Aug 26, 2011
While the FG uses Carrot and stick approach;Boko Haram uses Bomb, Where are all those concerned Elders of Borno who asked the FG to withdraw Soldiers from Maiduguri?Where are they?Where are all those people suggesting Amnesty for Boko Haram?Where are all those Ethnic and Religious blind  bigot comparing the Niger Delta Militants to Boko Haram agitation?I am sure someone will tell us that Militants bomb Civilians too.

Atiku made some inciting utterances before the Elections and the Security agencies were waiting for GEJ to tell them to do their job.That is the problem in this Country.The security agency do not know their jobs, Killed all the captured guys, They cannot be integrated back into the Society.
Re: President Jonathan's Official Statement On UN Building Bomb Blast by Nwaaba1(m): 6:44pm On Aug 26, 2011
Pls my fellow NL Northerns are looking for war that is what am seeing us will face them. Akitu lol sayed it that he will make Nigeria ungovernable is words are coming to pass GEJ do something you are they commander in chief I love Nigeria as a country but any country with more than 35percent of muslim is in no peace think about it.
Re: President Jonathan's Official Statement On UN Building Bomb Blast by kokogee: 6:47pm On Aug 26, 2011
AmeboAjela:

All of you know say some of us no know so much about politics that is why I want to ask this vital question hoping those who know will answer. Why is it that there were no Bomb or rampant Bomb attacks when Northerners rule Nigeria? Now that a Southerner is ruling Bomb explosion come full everywhere like Agege Bread. Pls anybody care to answer? Thanks

When Obj(a southerner) was ruling, bombing was not rampant.  The issue a rampant bombing under GEJ is because he has PhD.D in imbecility, so don't turn the issue to a tribal one bcs it is more of a security issue. GEJ IS WEAK(i.e HE IS NOT IN CHARGE)!!!
Re: President Jonathan's Official Statement On UN Building Bomb Blast by sped1oro(m): 7:00pm On Aug 26, 2011
Jonathan is beginning to disappoint Nigerians
Re: President Jonathan's Official Statement On UN Building Bomb Blast by TenKobo1: 7:09pm On Aug 26, 2011
Spare us these similar lines and get to work.
Re: President Jonathan's Official Statement On UN Building Bomb Blast by EkoIle1: 7:13pm On Aug 26, 2011
I really wasn't expecting much from Odechukwu and Odekunle his mindless and moronic mouthpiece. This is a sad reflection of Nigerians gettign saddled with a grossly weak, incompetent and majorly clueless man and a country in a sad state of apathy.  

Next step:: Another panel of inquiry
Re: President Jonathan's Official Statement On UN Building Bomb Blast by kokogee: 7:13pm On Aug 26, 2011
Nwa aba:

Pls my fellow NL Northerns are looking for war that is what am seeing us will face them. Akitu lol sayed it that he will make Nigeria ungovernable is words are coming to pass GEJ do something you are they commander in chief I love Nigeria as a country but any country with more than 35percent of muslim is in no peace think about it.

Parochial statement in this 2011; this might be a reflection of our education system. Ppl can no longer reason objectively sad

Countries like UAE, Malaysia, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia etc are almost 100% muslim and the peace in there cannot even found in Israel(a country dominated by Jews and Xtians).

The issue on ground is SECURITY ISSUE orchestrated by injustices from the political class. For this country to encounter peace, NATIONAL SOVEREIGN CONFERENCE must be held and Nigerian leaders should learn to have ppl's interest at heart rather than going to the media everytime to tell Nigerians lies.

May be GEJ will wake up from his slumber when his convoy is blown up, or Aso rock taken over by Alkaeda/Boko haram angry
Re: President Jonathan's Official Statement On UN Building Bomb Blast by kokogee: 7:17pm On Aug 26, 2011
sped1oro:

Jonathan is beginning to disappoint Nigerians

He has not really disappointed me; just that he is DULLER and tells more lies than I expected of him
Re: President Jonathan's Official Statement On UN Building Bomb Blast by Chuks84(m): 7:58pm On Aug 26, 2011
Its quite painful to see that on a day like this when Nigerians are lashing out from the hurt of seeing their fellow citizens die needlessly, asinine fools like BEAF still come out to rain insults on nairalanders expressing their grief. Its people like you that are the problem in this country, blindly defending a president when the country is obviously falling apart. At least you should have just shut up today, even if it's in respect of the lives that were lost. Maybe its when you lose a loved one, then the scale will come off your eyes.
Re: President Jonathan's Official Statement On UN Building Bomb Blast by MAYOWAAK: 8:03pm On Aug 26, 2011
I am embarrassed that Jonathan could refer to this incident as an attack on the UN. It is an attack on Nigeria and majority of those who are affected directly and indirectly will be Nigerians.
And to make it worse, this is a guy who had refused to prosecute Boko Haram members who were arrested because the government forgave them.
What kind of president is this?
Re: President Jonathan's Official Statement On UN Building Bomb Blast by JosephJon: 8:39pm On Aug 26, 2011
I won't waste time talking about the mirage Nigeria. Federations are agreed and negotiated before
coming together,e.g United States. But Nigeria is different and just a decision of one ignorant British Monarch and before my grand father could say,JACK,there is Nigeria. Bringing all sorts of humans,subhumans and even animals to for a sham federation. Why there won't be bombs and missiles explosions?
BOKO HARAM please more bombings at UN,British embassy,even U.S,Common wealth and other foreign organisations because they committed the ATROCITY NIGERIA and should open their palms and receive their rewards for their selfish past actions.
Re: President Jonathan's Official Statement On UN Building Bomb Blast by VoodooDoll(m): 9:18pm On Aug 26, 2011
"He extends his sincere condolences to the Secretary-General of the United Nations, Mr. Ban Ki-Moon and all members of the United Nations family who have lost loved ones in the heinous attack."

I don't get it,

He consoles the UN but not the Nigerians that lost loved ones. And the release seems so intent on parking the target at the UN. As if it is not Boko Haram that did the deed that killed Nigerians.

Na wah oh!
Re: President Jonathan's Official Statement On UN Building Bomb Blast by mbulela: 9:42pm On Aug 26, 2011
The usual ''beautiful'' but inactive statement,it seems this statement has always been typed and saved,just needed to to change the date whenever there are issues and print and read out to his subjects.Was it not the same statement read out about 6 months ago when hundreds of Nigerians including Youth Corps members were butchered in cold blood?Was it not the same statement that was issued after the October 1 bombing (though by a different water tap not the current water tap called Reuben Abati)
Re: President Jonathan's Official Statement On UN Building Bomb Blast by fuke(m): 9:44pm On Aug 26, 2011
His house is burning and he is busy chasing rabbits.

His friends say the magic is coming.

Yes, when Boko Haram captures him in his Tobi.

Nigerians cannot be more unfortunate
Re: President Jonathan's Official Statement On UN Building Bomb Blast by feelme3(m): 10:04pm On Aug 26, 2011
Ummm, almost 20hours after the bomb blast.
I thought there's someone called IG of police, who was supposed to be the first to talk to the press and let us know (as usual) how they are going to apprehend the perpetrators of this dastardly act.

By the way, does anybody know the expiration date that is on our certificate as a Federal republic?
Re: President Jonathan's Official Statement On UN Building Bomb Blast by Ayowumie(m): 10:10pm On Aug 26, 2011
VoodooDoll:

"He extends his sincere condolences to the Secretary-General of the United Nations, Mr. Ban Ki-Moon and all members of the United Nations family who have lost loved ones in the heinous attack."

I don't get it,  

He consoles the UN but not the Nigerians that lost loved ones.  And the release seems so intent on parking the target at the UN. As if it is not Boko Haram that did the deed that killed Nigerians.

Na wah oh!
Thats the right thing to say. Those that died were staff of the United Nations and the not the Nigerian govt. He had to console the body first before any other person. To this effect, Ban ki Moon has directed his deputy to Nigeria, he will be in Nigeria in a matter of few hours from now.

BABSKAY24:

the same assurance he gave when some youth corp members were killed after the post election violence, up til now nothing has been said again concerning that even the panel that was set up to report back never did. we are sick and tired of this same piece of poo . GEJ is too weak to run this country. IGP and other top security officials/advisers should be retired, i don't see any reason why they should still sit in office and get paid heavily for nothing.
Right on bro. I dont see the reason why the SSS exist if they can not intercept security threats and be decisive in the prompt discharge of their responsibilities. I gues we are better off without them and the so called "intelligence outfit". Boko Haram should have been infiltrated long time ago. About a month ago, the IGP made us understand that the security agencies have infiltrated some cells of the sect, how come nothing decisive has been done regarding that so called infiltration. MY HEART HURTS.
MY DEEPEST CONDOLENCE GOES TO THE FAMILY OF THE FIRST FLOOR RECEPTIONIST THAT LOST HIS LIFE IN THE UN BLAST. MAY GOD GIVE YOUR FAMILY THE FORTITUDE TO BEAR THE LOSS.
Re: President Jonathan's Official Statement On UN Building Bomb Blast by aloyemeka2: 10:25pm On Aug 26, 2011
When some Northern elites threatened to make Nigeria ungovernable should Jonathan win, you guys thought they were kidding,abi?. The US already predicted that Nigeria will be history by 2015 and the end seems to be at hand. How the southern Nigerians can possibly set themselves free from those allah akbar terrorists remains a mystery.
Re: President Jonathan's Official Statement On UN Building Bomb Blast by kokogee: 10:27pm On Aug 26, 2011
Ayowumie:

Right on bro. I dont see the reason why the SSS exist if they can not intercept security threats and be decisive in their prompt discharge of their responsibilities. I gues we are better off without them and the so called "intelligence outfit". Boko Haram should have been infiltrated long time ago. About a month ago, the IGP made us understand that the security agencies have infiltrated some cells of the sect, how come nothing decisive has of that infiltration. MY HEART HURTS.
MY DEEPEST CONDOLENCE GOES TO THE FAMILY OF THE FIRST FLOOR RECEPTIONIST THAT LOST HIS LIFE IN THE UN BLAST. MAY GIVE YOUR FAMILY THE FORTITUDE TO BEAR THE LOSS.

SSS? Their function is to arrest anybody that tears/defaces GEJ posters during the elections or chase after El Rufai or other opposition for making statement about GEJ's gov grin But for now elections are over and no one is talking against GEJ publicly so SSS in Nigeria have no work than sleeping lipsrsealed
IGP? If u don't know, he is a 'paraga' addict like his boss that says whatever comes out of his mouth whenever he needs to talk.

NIGERIA IS IN DEEP SHIT!
Re: President Jonathan's Official Statement On UN Building Bomb Blast by EvilBrain1(m): 10:35pm On Aug 26, 2011
Our reetard president hasn't even bothered to make a statement yet. Barack Obama has said something, Ban Kii-Moon has said something, but Jonathan could only sent his houseboy to read a senseless statement.

What, is he still hiding under a table? He can't take 5 minutes out of his "busy schedule" to reassure Nigerians in person?

What a m0r0n! We are really in for it in this country.
Re: President Jonathan's Official Statement On UN Building Bomb Blast by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 26, 2011
See reuben abati dat used to shout against govt back then. Everyman has a price. Shame!
Re: President Jonathan's Official Statement On UN Building Bomb Blast by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 26, 2011
D normal phrase 'this is totally unacceptable, we condemn this barbaric, be rest assured that govt will do everything to bring the perpetrators of this heinous act to book'!
Re: President Jonathan's Official Statement On UN Building Bomb Blast by VoodooDoll(m): 11:20pm On Aug 26, 2011
@ Ayowumie

How on God's good earth can that be the right thing to say. GEJ is the President of Nigeria, and swore to protect all Nigerians regardless of their occupation.

So the Nigerians that died should not be acknowledged, nor a day of mourning even announced!

I pray for the souls of the dearly departed and for all Nigerians because we seemed to have ended up with a real, complete and utter DULLARD as President.
Re: President Jonathan's Official Statement On UN Building Bomb Blast by mekaboy(m): 12:36am On Aug 27, 2011
Lol, nigerians are very funny, so you people are waiting to see gej carry gun and go and start arresting people abi? Make una dey wait gej- what is going on now if not tackled with with wisdom can lead to a serious blood bath, that is what gej is trying to avoid- there is nothing that destroys life like religion, when people are brain washed with religion they can do anything without considering the consequences and gej is trying not to interfere with a religion, blame the muslims in Nigeria not gej- when a group of kidnappers were terrorizing the east and kidnapping people, how long did it take the jtf to kill the leader of the gang and restore peace? Lest than 2wks, why? Because the people cooperated with the army- why won't the muslims in the north give out information to end this? If they are not in support? Is gej a magician? Its either the notherners are allowed to go or let nigerians prepare for jihad- that's what the notherners have been waiting for, that's why they give birth anyhow and don't want them to be educated so they can fight jihad without thinking.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cbn Admits Fraud In Subsidy Scheme - Worse Than You Thought N1.8t Not 1.3t / Nupeng Commences Strike Over Inhumane Treatment Of Its Members By Shell / Us Visit : Buhari Fumbles Again (video) - Igberetvnews.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.