Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,265 members, 7,954,036 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:15 AM

When A Man Obeys His Wife Does That Mean She Is Controlling Him? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When A Man Obeys His Wife Does That Mean She Is Controlling Him? (2607 Views)

When A Lady Asks A Guy If He Has A Girlfriend,does It Mean She's Asking Him Out? / Things That Mean More To Men Than "I Love You" / When A Girl Bites Her Lower Lips What Does That Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When A Man Obeys His Wife Does That Mean She Is Controlling Him? by skydeep(f): 10:57pm On Aug 26, 2011
A friend of mine was telling me that her husband's family was accusing her of charming their son all because she told him not to spend much on his late brother's burial. So men cant listen to their wives again? Must it be that only the men must make decisions? Nowadays if ur husband loves u so much people will say you charmed him. grin. Africans sef
Re: When A Man Obeys His Wife Does That Mean She Is Controlling Him? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 26, 2011
If thats what happened, then the family are ignorant thats not control/obey. Wife advised husband and husband heeded and not obey. We shd under ENGLISH before using it. Command/instructn is to be obeyed. Advice can be heeded to or discarded.
Re: When A Man Obeys His Wife Does That Mean She Is Controlling Him? by Russialane(m): 11:06pm On Aug 26, 2011
for the fact that a man listens to his wife or acts on his wife instructions is not a sign of weakness on the mans part. men understands this better
Re: When A Man Obeys His Wife Does That Mean She Is Controlling Him? by seedord247(m): 11:08pm On Aug 26, 2011
This Must be IgbO pple.

they don't need to tell me
Re: When A Man Obeys His Wife Does That Mean She Is Controlling Him? by claremont(m): 11:09pm On Aug 26, 2011
If I were in the man's shoes, I would listen to my family, rather than my wife on this particular occasion. For God's sake, this is a man who just lost his brother, no amount of expenses on his part will be enough to give his brother the befitting burial he deserves. Seriously, I will listen to my own blood family on this specific instance! angry angry
Re: When A Man Obeys His Wife Does That Mean She Is Controlling Him? by seedord247(m): 11:12pm On Aug 26, 2011
claremont:

If I were in the man's shoes, I would listen to my family, rather than my wife on this particular occasion. For God's sake, this is a man who just lost his brother, no amount of expenses on his part will be enough to give his brother the befitting burial he deserves. Seriously, I will listen to my own blood family on this specific instance! angry angry

Another Igbo Illiteracy eediot.

Do you Know hw they surivive?

do you know if they have any expenses to pay? like food, school fees for children house rent.

and he should waste all his hard earn money just to buried his brother abi. . . when he got his own personal family to cater for.

Guy plz abeg no make me vex oooo
Re: When A Man Obeys His Wife Does That Mean She Is Controlling Him? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 26, 2011
Jesus christ of nazareth did claremont just mentioned GOD in his post? Wow this is fantastic
claremont:

Re: When A Man Obeys His Wife Does That Mean She Is Controlling Him? by claremont(m): 11:18pm On Aug 26, 2011
seedord247:

Another Igbo Illiteracy eediot.

Do you Know hw they surivive?

do you know if they have any expenses to pay? like food, school fees for children house rent.

and he should waste all his hard earn money just to buried his brother abi. . . when he got his own personal family to cater for.

Guy plz abeg no make me vex oooo
Hello, take your ethnic bigotry elsewhere. I choose not to condescend to a childish level of exchanging words with a faceless individual! You have your opinion on this issue, and I have mine cool.
Re: When A Man Obeys His Wife Does That Mean She Is Controlling Him? by Russialane(m): 11:21pm On Aug 26, 2011
shows how low he is nonsense
Re: When A Man Obeys His Wife Does That Mean She Is Controlling Him? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 26, 2011
Seedord, your response and bigotry was uncalled for. Im a yoruba and its unreasonable to address a fellow nigerian in such an illmannered way. Face issues and stop chasing wind that cant be seen
Re: When A Man Obeys His Wife Does That Mean She Is Controlling Him? by MrsChima(f): 11:24pm On Aug 26, 2011
LMAO@IGBO men obeying their wives  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You must know the watered down Igbo men.   lipsrsealed
Re: When A Man Obeys His Wife Does That Mean She Is Controlling Him? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 26, 2011
There's a BIG difference btw LISTENING to AND OBEYING! A man SHOULD LISTEN to his WIFE @ ALL TIMES! OBEYING her @ ALL TIMES i must say is UTTER ST[b]U[/b]PIDITY & should be classified as GROSS & UNACCEPTABLE WEAKNESS!
Re: When A Man Obeys His Wife Does That Mean She Is Controlling Him? by Mynd44: 11:33pm On Aug 26, 2011
claremont:

I don't agree with you here.
Re: When A Man Obeys His Wife Does That Mean She Is Controlling Him? by Mynd44: 11:39pm On Aug 26, 2011
How does spending money on pointless things bring respect to a dead person? The person is already dead. What they should worry about if they want to give him a "BEFITTING BURIAL" is to make sure his ideas and legacies live on. That is true respect.
Re: When A Man Obeys His Wife Does That Mean She Is Controlling Him? by seedord247(m): 11:41pm On Aug 26, 2011
sexkillz:

There's a BIG difference btw LISTENING to AND OBEYING! A man SHOULD LISTEN to his WIFE @ ALL TIMES! OBEYING her @ ALL TIMES i must say is UTTER ST[b]U[/b]PIDITY & should be classified as GROSS & UNACCEPTABLE WEAKNESS!

I thought you said you are only suffering from Brain damage are you suffering from Myopia  also?
Re: When A Man Obeys His Wife Does That Mean She Is Controlling Him? by seedord247(m): 11:43pm On Aug 26, 2011
Mynd_44:

How does spending money on pointless things bring respect to a dead person? The person is already dead. What they should worry about if they want to give him a "BEFITTING BURIAL" is to make sure his ideas and legacies live on. That is true respect.

may God Bless you My Brother. . .
Re: When A Man Obeys His Wife Does That Mean She Is Controlling Him? by skydeep(f): 11:45pm On Aug 26, 2011
^Seconded cheesy
Re: When A Man Obeys His Wife Does That Mean She Is Controlling Him? by Lax75(m): 12:05am On Aug 27, 2011
In my opinion, it really isn't about him "obeying" his wife. It's moreso about priorities. When you marry, you become ONE with your spouse and he/she become the priority. While I sympathize on his brother's death, life still continues and he (husband) does have a life (wife) to live after the burial of his brother. And here's another thing that everyone fails to notice, how on earth did his family find out that his wife insisted that he not spend too much on the burial? Did he go and tell his family that his wife said so? A big NO NO. He has no balls if that's the case and that is wrong on his part.
Re: When A Man Obeys His Wife Does That Mean She Is Controlling Him? by Beync(f): 12:11am On Aug 27, 2011
For the man to have even disclose his wife' stance to the large family is irressponsible for me. you know wat the family would be saying and all that. is not a bad idea if the wife suggest that her husband should not spend all they have on burial, even thou they have so much modest burial would not be a bad idea. the most important are the living. they can use their excesses to better better the living.
Re: When A Man Obeys His Wife Does That Mean She Is Controlling Him? by seedord247(m): 12:33am On Aug 27, 2011
Beync:

For the man to have even disclose his wife' stance to the large family is irressponsible for me. you know wat the family would be saying and all that. is not a bad idea if the wife suggest that her husband should not spend all they have on burial, even thou they have so much modest burial would not be a bad idea. the most important are the living. they can use their excesses to better better the living.

exactly that what am saying.

back in naija . . . I have seen pple that spend close to 2.5 million naira for burial ceremony and they leave in face me and face you.
Re: When A Man Obeys His Wife Does That Mean She Is Controlling Him? by Mynd44: 12:43am On Aug 27, 2011
^^^
They will die in debt
Re: When A Man Obeys His Wife Does That Mean She Is Controlling Him? by Beync(f): 12:46am On Aug 27, 2011
seedord247:

exactly that what am saying.

back in naija . . . I have seen pple that spend close to 2.5 million naira for burial ceremony and they leave in face me and face you.

Really if the dead were to be conscious, he would have been angry why such amount would be spent on  his burial  instead of giving  him the cash alife
Re: When A Man Obeys His Wife Does That Mean She Is Controlling Him? by dammytex: 1:10am On Aug 27, 2011
Marriage is a place of dialogue. I don't like the word obey. I'd prefer listens to his wife's opinion or advice. My wife should be the concluding part of me, so i wouldn't do anything outside our mutual agreement.
There is always a way to handle women as regards their contributions, advices and opinions.
A man in love, will always listen to his wife at least, even if he thinks the contrary. He then finds a way to maturely relay his opposing ideas in reaching a mutual conclusion.

A man who listens to his wife respects his wife.

Matters of one's family must be handled intelligently with a good balance between one's immediate family and the extended family.
Re: When A Man Obeys His Wife Does That Mean She Is Controlling Him? by MrsChima(f): 1:14am On Aug 27, 2011
Just throw the dead corpse into the river.
Re: When A Man Obeys His Wife Does That Mean She Is Controlling Him? by chiefkpokp(m): 4:29am On Aug 27, 2011
So na dead body wan make una trow blow for here now abi poster and co? If una non dey shame, I go shame for una.
Re: When A Man Obeys His Wife Does That Mean She Is Controlling Him? by skydeep(f): 7:44am On Aug 27, 2011
^if u dont understand d thread ask someone to help explain to u. undecided
Re: When A Man Obeys His Wife Does That Mean She Is Controlling Him? by Mynd44: 8:35am On Aug 27, 2011
chiefkpokp:

So na dead body wan make una trow blow for here now abi poster and co? If una non dey shame, I go shame for una.

for want of something to say right?

(1) (Reply)

He Was A Player, Now He Wants To Settle Down, Pls Advice!! / Unfair Treatment Of Ladies / 7 Clear Signs You And Your Partner Aren’t Meant To Be Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.