Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,232 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Jena Six Trial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jena Six Trial (1311 Views)

Speaker Yakubu Dogara Cautions FG To Tread Softly On Saraki’s Trial / CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP / Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jena Six Trial by omogenaija(f): 1:56am On Aug 24, 2007
Jena Six refers to a group of six African-American teenagers who are charged with attempted second-degree murder after a fight with a white teenager in Jena, Louisiana. Critics including Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have claimed that their arrests were racially motivated. information from: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Jena_Six&printable=yes

this video explains the situation better cry cry cry cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuoiZnr4jLY

sign the petition here cry cry cry
http://www.petitiononline.com/aZ51CqmR/petition-sign.html

i cant believe things like this still happens cry
Re: Jena Six Trial by PeeDaVinci: 10:47am On Aug 24, 2007
the wikipedia site in the link is fake
Re: Jena Six Trial by tng(f): 11:56am On Aug 24, 2007
Watched a documentary about it on BBC. I think it is racially motivated too. Imagine the boy that they allegedly "attempted to murder" was in church the same evening. Anyway, its in the south and racism is still very rife there.
Re: Jena Six Trial by omogenaija(f): 2:23am On Sep 20, 2007
the trial is tomorrow , i will be praying about it cry
Re: Jena Six Trial by denex: 8:18am On Sep 20, 2007
Praying about it?

You think if the Nigerian or Jamaican legal system holds 6 caucasian kids on such fabricated trial, their citizens would pray about it?
Re: Jena Six Trial by Ndipe(m): 8:34am On Sep 20, 2007
Racism is America's achilles heel that has dogged it, even with the ushering of a new century filled with new ideas and technologies.
Re: Jena Six Trial by denex: 9:00am On Sep 20, 2007
Is it that this is a problem they cannot solve or something they are perpetuating.

You mean the USA that is going to the rest of the world challenging human rights abuse can allow her government institutions to be blatantly abusing human rights like this?

Charging kids as adults for crimes they did not commit.

Not forgetting their guests in Guantanamo, having the vacation of their lifetimes.
Re: Jena Six Trial by Ndipe(m): 9:13am On Sep 20, 2007
And would you believe that Bush named Nigeria as one of the drug havens in the world? Chei, see hypocrisy. Like ignoring the weeds in your front yard to take care of your neighbor's backyard. In high school, doing drugs was not rampant, whereas in the USA, drugs and high school kids are almost synomynous with each other.
Re: Jena Six Trial by denex: 9:35am On Sep 20, 2007
I wonder if it occurred to them to also name the top illicit drug consuming countries in the world and see whether over the past 50 years, their government has achieved anything in reducing drug consumption. Which list the USA would top.

My problem is, where is Ojo Madueke who talked about reciprocal diplomacy? Has he drawn up his own list of top drug consuming countries in the world and what Nigeria is going to do to tackle their menace? Because they keep using our country as transit point for their illicit drugs.

Or do you believe that without the demand for illicit hard drugs from the USA and Europe there would be any transit point or even producer?
Re: Jena Six Trial by uspry1(f): 3:16pm On Sep 20, 2007
This morning at 6:30am I watched captioned Fox TV news channel (US) due to my deafness, it said there is over 60,000 protest supporters came to Jena, Louisiana that has only 3,500 white populated tiny town with filled lot of buses and cars parking everywhere near courthouse where trail take place. (non violence, peaceful)

online UK Guardian newspaper: [url]http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,,-6936088,00.html[/url]
Re: Jena Six Trial by denex: 3:27pm On Sep 20, 2007
Well, 60,000 is okay. It's fair. Out of the entire African American population in the USA, 60,000 took their time to protest for their very rightful existence.

I guess some people were worried about what their bosses would think if they left work to go and support such a cause.
Re: Jena Six Trial by omogenaija(f): 12:01am On Sep 21, 2007
i read 2day that one of the kids who beat the white boy was beat up previously by some older whitemen . only one of the white adults got put on probation and the others went free.
so y r teens about to be convicted as adults and some adults on ?
Re: Jena Six Trial by omogenaija(f): 8:57pm On Oct 02, 2007
the person who was being trialed as an adult , his case is going to junvenile court

(1) (Reply)

If You Were The President Of Nigeria-what Would You Do 2 Change Nigeria / Badagry Road Expansion: Task Force Demolishes Buildings At Orile-igamu / Chime Has Transformed Enugu Into A Beautiful City, Says Kano Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.