Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break (27266 Views)

Calabar Carnival Turns Bloody As Vehicle Rams Into Onlookers (Graphic) / Drunk Men And Women On The Streets Of Calabar After Carnival (Photos) / "Slay Kings" At The Maiden Dry Run Of 2017 Calabar Carnival (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by wiseone28: 6:16pm On Nov 30, 2022
I won't attend
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by maureensylvia(f): 6:16pm On Nov 30, 2022
Wow
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by JuanDeDios: 6:18pm On Nov 30, 2022
Odward:
Let the orgy begin once moregrin
You're making this up?
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Abagworo(m): 6:20pm On Nov 30, 2022
Ayade failed in tourism
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by dazzlingd(m): 6:22pm On Nov 30, 2022
Beautiful carnival. I’m sure lots of calabar girls will abound. Calabr girls are beautiful and they are very good

1 Like

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Curious345: 6:23pm On Nov 30, 2022
I prophesy that ayade will be imprisoned like dariye and nyame ..

Ayade is a mini BAT
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by RichAbujaGuy: 6:29pm On Nov 30, 2022
dazzlingd:
Beautiful carnival. I’m sure lots of calabar girls will abound. Calabr girls are beautiful and they are very good

Dem fine like many of the south-west variety. I may take in the festivities this year. wink

pretty-calabar-girls

https://www.instagram.com/prettycalabargirls/?hl=en
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by juniorstar(m): 6:30pm On Nov 30, 2022
Christmas in calabar!! Oh oh carnival in calabar!!
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by 07kjb: 6:44pm On Nov 30, 2022
triple996:
Nice cool
meanwhile there neighbors are doing sit at home and cannibalism

MAKE GOD NO ALLOW IGBO MATTER TO KILL U
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Confirmedzombie: 6:45pm On Nov 30, 2022
DennisEche:
Ben Ayade is just a clown.. He killed the Carnival that is a pathway of Calabar to the World.

You are the clown here cos you can't read.

The carnival was suspended due to COVID-19 and you see the Governor killed the carnival.

Hate and bitterness keeee you there
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Runx: 6:46pm On Nov 30, 2022
All tourism sites are in decay and non functional yet the Commissioner thinks that by dancing on the streets of Calabar, tourism will be revived. All streets are smelling with mountains of refuse.

1 Like

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Samajogs: 6:48pm On Nov 30, 2022
Finally the idiot is gradually ending his tenure. He just came an kill the whole structure,fun n excitement in Cally. Oga try park your load an go

2 Likes

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Jemex003: 6:51pm On Nov 30, 2022
DennisEche:
Ben Ayade is just a clown.. He killed the Carnival that is a pathway of Calabar to the World.

Try to think before you talk we’re not mumu like you here. Covid-19 caused it not Ben

1 Like

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by otomatic(m): 6:58pm On Nov 30, 2022
"Tourism is one aspect of culture..." abi culture is one aspect of tourism.
Anyway, December is Cally will be lit.
But there will be a lot of work to be done to clean up the city and bring back the crowds.
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Jetbound: 7:03pm On Nov 30, 2022
Raxxye:
The former Governor, Donald Duke transformed the face of tourism in Nigeria in general and Cross River State in particular, with creative ideas and innovations.
Someone like that should have been the President of Nigeria, but tribalism, religious sentiments and wickedness won't let us elect him. It is vegetables like Buhari and Tinubu that the useless party delegates keep presenting to us as candidates, not bc they think he'll better the lots of Nigerians, but solely bc of pecuniary benefits!
They will fail this time!
Obi is the only choice for now!

I just said this yesterday
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by benjanny(m): 7:38pm On Nov 30, 2022
Lovely
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Osariemen12: 7:39pm On Nov 30, 2022
Nice one. Show us those beautiful faces, big waists, and most importantly, big boobs.

"Man shall not live by bread alone", says the scripture.

Succulent boob is life.
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Tlyon(m): 7:39pm On Nov 30, 2022
I go dey these year own ,thank GOD.
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Goodman247: 7:46pm On Nov 30, 2022
DennisEche:
it is because of covid,19, read well bfor you comment

1 Like

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by doneback04: 7:46pm On Nov 30, 2022
ayubamuhammad35:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffJ8N9cSz1U

The commissioner for culture and tourism development in Cross River State, Eric Anderson, has said that the Calabar Carnival, will return after a two-year break.

Anderson made this known in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria on Tuesday in Abuja.

After a two-year break caused by the coronavirus pandemic, the carnival is set to start from December 1 to 31.

The carnival will now have seven competing bands up from five. Also there will be different song and stage productions, award ceremony, choreography, music, power week, bikers day, beauty pageant, street parties, beach soccer, old school parties, among others during the carnival.

He said, “Cross River is among the committee of carnival producers in the world. Carnivals were shut down worldwide in the last two years because of COVID-19.

“As we speak, carnivals worldwide have started production, and we can see that the Covid-19 protocols have been relaxed. As a member of the committee, we feel we should also resume as well. Tourism is one aspect of culture that has put Cross River on the World Tourism Map.”

Tell your governor that we are not attending

1 Like

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by chiedozie198100: 7:54pm On Nov 30, 2022
engrjacuzzi:
Cross River State known for carnival while Akwaibom State is known for Carol.

Bros oil dey ur head.
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Techm8: 8:05pm On Nov 30, 2022
Finally! We miss it.
Are you still brushing your teeth the old fashioned way?
It's 2022 there's a smarter way to brush your teeth.

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Realists(m): 8:09pm On Nov 30, 2022
triple996:
Nice cool
meanwhile there neighbors are doing sit at home and cannibalism

The Truth is always bitter.
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by chriselderson(m): 8:09pm On Nov 30, 2022
What a market diversion!

Jux wen we dey try mek our Ekid Christmas Village dey significant, dis crowd magnet com wake up.

Our sister state must've felt our impact laz year and decide to frustrate us dis year.

God abeg no shame us.

3 Likes

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 30, 2022
Calabar my Calabar

1 Like

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by 920adebusoye: 8:19pm On Nov 30, 2022
OkOk...
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by spencekat(m): 8:27pm On Nov 30, 2022
dazzlingd:
Very good in what aspect?
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by dazzlingd(m): 8:48pm On Nov 30, 2022
spencekat:
Very good in what aspect?

Hmmmm
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by purpleicious(f): 8:50pm On Nov 30, 2022
With garbage on the streets?
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by IbrahimSkiba(f): 8:58pm On Nov 30, 2022
BigBelleControl:
This carnival used to be what everyone looked forward to by December. I remember working for BaySide Band then owned by Donald Dukesl's wife. I'm not sure they can match that feat again.

Masta Blasta

1 Like

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Streetmovement(m): 9:34pm On Nov 30, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

I go dey dia live with my moniker for my forehead, Incase you sight me from a distance holla at me grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

View The Most Unusual Wedding Cakes... / Photos From Lagos Boat Regatta / Little NIGERIAN Kids having SEX In A Party (Uncensored) Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.