Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,297 members, 7,829,690 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break (27267 Views)

Calabar Carnival Turns Bloody As Vehicle Rams Into Onlookers (Graphic) / Drunk Men And Women On The Streets Of Calabar After Carnival (Photos) / "Slay Kings" At The Maiden Dry Run Of 2017 Calabar Carnival (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by JuanDeDios: 10:00pm On Nov 30, 2022
chriselderson:
What a market diversion!

Jux wen we dey try mek our Ekid Christmas Village dey significant, dis crowd magnet com wake up.

Our sister state must've felt our impact laz year and decide to frustrate us dis year.

God abeg no shame us.
What's that?
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by ufuosman(m): 10:04pm On Nov 30, 2022
Good one
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by yomi531(m): 10:11pm On Nov 30, 2022
E go sweet dieee. Can't wait for it to start
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Harmless1b(m): 11:31pm On Nov 30, 2022
As if i know and went to calabar today
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Westchester(m): 1:11am On Dec 01, 2022
BigBelleControl:
This carnival used to be what everyone looked forward to by December. I remember working for BaySide Band then owned by Donald Dukesl's wife. I'm not sure they can match that feat again.

In 2014 one of my friends got a contract to make costume for that Bayside band, we traveled to Calabar to do the costume only for them to reject it on the eve of the carnival. My man cried and we had to travel back to ABA without any payment. The thing pain me wella
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by chriselderson(m): 3:28am On Dec 01, 2022
JuanDeDios:

What's that?
The carnival pose a major threat to our year old Xmas villa. Last year we attracted mammoth crowd to the event but that might change this year with the return of Calabar carnival.
We're optimistic and still hoping for the best though
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by CAPITALBEE: 5:06am On Dec 01, 2022
I don't think it's enough to bring back the CARNIVAL alone. The state government should do more to return Cross River to the glory days!

Work on the neglected areas - Environment, Tourism, Urban Development, and Agriculture!
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Princeton92(m): 5:45am On Dec 01, 2022
Na this one Ayade wan use cash out ehh grin wink
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Princeton92(m): 5:46am On Dec 01, 2022
chriselderson:

The carnival pose a major threat to our year old Xmas villa. Last year we attracted mammoth crowd to the event but that might change this year with the return of Calabar carnival.
We're optimistic and still hoping for the best though

I hope you're talking about the one and only Xmas villa ke Uyo nyin? cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 01, 2022
ayubamuhammad35:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffJ8N9cSz1U

The commissioner for culture and tourism development in Cross River State, Eric Anderson, has said that the Calabar Carnival, will return after a two-year break.

Anderson made this known in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria on Tuesday in Abuja.

After a two-year break caused by the coronavirus pandemic, the carnival is set to start from December 1 to 31.

The carnival will now have seven competing bands up from five. Also there will be different song and stage productions, award ceremony, choreography, music, power week, bikers day, beauty pageant, street parties, beach soccer, old school parties, among others during the carnival.

He said, “Cross River is among the committee of carnival producers in the world. Carnivals were shut down worldwide in the last two years because of COVID-19.

“As we speak, carnivals worldwide have started production, and we can see that the Covid-19 protocols have been relaxed. As a member of the committee, we feel we should also resume as well. Tourism is one aspect of culture that has put Cross River on the World Tourism Map.”

angry
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Pacesetterz: 6:55am On Dec 01, 2022
07kjb:

MAKE GOD NO ALLOW IGBO MATTER TO KILL U

But it's the truth na. When creative minds are organizing beautiful carols and carnivals to light up pples minds and ease the stress of the disaster in the aso rock...MNK ,Ekpa and the host of other south east terrorists are planning of organizing sit at homes,killings and kidnappings here and there. That Biafra una no go see sef. So let's hear word.
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Pacesetterz: 6:58am On Dec 01, 2022
Westchester:

In 2014 one of my friends got a contract to make costume for that Bayside band, we traveled to Calabar to do the costume only for them to reject it on the eve of the carnival. My man cried and we had to travel back to ABA without any payment. The thing pain me wella

Why was it rejected? Why ur friend no collect him payment?
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by naturefellow(m): 7:32am On Dec 01, 2022
Thanksful:

He killed it abi covid 19
Ayade is a clown! Argue with your keypad!
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by chriselderson(m): 7:45am On Dec 01, 2022
Princeton92:

I hope you're talking about the one and only Xmas villa ke Uyo nyin? cheesy grin
Not actually about the state organised one but that of Eket.
It's starting tomorrow. You won't regret coming.
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Princeton92(m): 9:16am On Dec 01, 2022
chriselderson:

Not actually about the state organised one but that of Eket.
It's starting tomorrow. You won't regret coming.

Oh wow, never knew

You no wan make I follow join body abi?
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 01, 2022
naturefellow:
Ayade is a clown! Argue with your keypad!

He maybe but no dey use natural occurrence sly person
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by naturefellow(m): 9:54am On Dec 01, 2022
Thanksful:

He maybe but no dey use natural occurrence sly person
LOL. It's a fact. You don't even need to visit his state to know. The news inform is you if you care to listen.
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 01, 2022
naturefellow:
LOL. It's a fact. You don't even need to visit his state to know. The news inform is you if you care to listen.

You mean he stopped the carnival for two years abi COVID-19 stopped the carnival?

Akwa Ibom didn't host theirs during the same period. Should we also blame Emmanuel, the governor of Akwa Ibom?
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by naturefellow(m): 9:59am On Dec 01, 2022
Thanksful:

You mean he stopped the carnival for two years abi COVID-19 stopped the carnival?

Akwa Ibom didn't host theirs during the same period. Should we also blame Emmanuel, the governor of Akwa Ibom?
even before the pandemic, the carnival lots his vibrance. Tourism/Carnival is as good as killed by the pandemic
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 01, 2022
naturefellow:
even before the pandemic, the carnival lots his vibrance. Tourism/Carnival is as good as killed by the pandemic

I think it was largely due to lack of money. If carnival took place last year. It would have been a bomb.

This year wouldn't be so good because there is little money in circulation.

1 Like

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by naturefellow(m): 10:21am On Dec 01, 2022
Thanksful:

I think it was largely due to lack of money. If carnival took place last year. It would have been a bomb.

This year wouldn't be so good because there is little money in circulation.
doesn't absolve Ayade of dereliction of duty though. We still blame him for gross incompetence!
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by chriselderson(m): 10:41am On Dec 01, 2022
Princeton92:

Oh wow, never knew

smiley
Princeton92:

Oh wow, never knew

You're invited Bro. Come and experience unforgetable moments in Eket.
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Princeton92(m): 3:20pm On Dec 01, 2022
chriselderson:
smiley
You're invited Bro. Come and experience unforgetable moments in Eket.

Na so we dey hear... Gimme location eyeneka
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by engrjacuzzi: 3:26pm On Dec 01, 2022
chiedozie198100:

Bros oil dey ur head.

I carry anointing well well
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by chriselderson(m): 7:01pm On Dec 01, 2022
Princeton92:

Na so we dey hear... Gimme location eyeneka
Eket Sports Stadium. It'll be ON till January 2nd.
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Nobody: 1:12am On Dec 10, 2022
ernnie457:
Calabar my Calabar
See u there grin
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Careente7(m): 8:21pm On Dec 11, 2022
Please location for Calabar’s carnival.I will appreciate a reply.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

View The Most Unusual Wedding Cakes... / Photos From Lagos Boat Regatta / Little NIGERIAN Kids having SEX In A Party (Uncensored) Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.