Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? (5194 Views)

Why She Does Not Deserve That Bride Price / How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? / She Said "All Men Deserve To Be Slaves To Women" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by Maguy(m): 9:56pm On Aug 27, 2011
Men Deserve Engagement Gifts Also. Am I Right?

At least get us an engagement car or ticket or something.
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by freecocoa(f): 10:02pm On Aug 27, 2011
make i hear am,who's marrying who?this isn't india o.
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by Maguy(m): 10:04pm On Aug 27, 2011
so u mean to tell me only a woman deserves to be showered and lavished abi, we have needs too you know.
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by freecocoa(f): 10:09pm On Aug 27, 2011
Ogbeni be a man and stop looking for a lady to lavish u who'll gifts or just relocate to india.
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by freecocoa(f): 10:10pm On Aug 27, 2011
Typographical error,just use your teeth to count your tongue.
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by emofine(f): 10:19pm On Aug 27, 2011
Maguy:

At least get us an engagement car or ticket or something.

The gift men get is the lady in question.
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by moonraker(m): 3:14am On Aug 28, 2011
freecocoa:

Ogbeni be a man and stop looking for a lady to lavish u who'll gifts or just relocate to india.
[/quote

Agreed. but what does been a man got to do with gift? huh??

Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by Pweety4me(f): 3:16am On Aug 28, 2011
What more gift do they need more than the accepted proposal from the woman of their dreams? cheesy
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by MrsChima(f): 3:18am On Aug 28, 2011
I thought the men were crying that the FEMINIST women were too much for them and now they are bitching about engagement gifts?

It sure sucks to be a man.
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by 190smh: 3:25am On Aug 28, 2011
I NEED A WIFE THAT WOULD GIVE ME A GIFT OF A CHILD

IF INTRESTED -

APPLY WITHIN embarassed embarassed
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by Princek12(m): 3:28am On Aug 28, 2011
emofine:

don't the women also get the gift of the man in question? educate me.
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by Princek12(m): 3:29am On Aug 28, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

I thought the men were crying that the FEMINIST women were too much for them and now they are bitching about engagement gifts?

It sure sucks to be a man.

so are you implying that you have no problem with giving your guy an engagement gift?
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by premechaz: 3:30am On Aug 28, 2011
emofine:

That was in the olden days when women were women, chaste and pious. In the days of our mothers, women were beautiful and worth every cent a man spent on them. Now, women of this generation are not so beautiful, internally and externally.

Present Nigerian women are ugly and don't get married until they are in their 30s, desperate and short of good eggs, mostly spending their time on NL looking for rich and married men to snag. I wouldn't want to spend my money on a Nigerian girl, of any tribe or creed. Most of them  are more like men, status post many abortions and, sometimes, have turned their uterus into a dud, making them physiologically men. Why would anyone want to shower money, affection and love on someone like that without receiving anything in return. Marrying a Nigerian woman, of nowadays, is like being in a same-sex relationship. The give and take has to be 50/50 because technically you have no idea what you are getting into, unlike in the olden days when the man was cocksure what he is buying or investing in.

So is the state of our women. And yes, I think our women should shower the men with gifts too. Its only fair
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by seedord247(m): 3:30am On Aug 28, 2011
The best gift a woman can give me is to meet as a virgin.
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by Maguy(m): 3:38am On Aug 28, 2011
whats wrong in a woman giving her man a gift, and for all u people who said isnt marrying her worth enough. isnt me marrying her worth something for her to give me something back as a thank u enough also.
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by moonraker(m): 3:49am On Aug 28, 2011
Maguy:

whats wrong in a woman giving her man a gift, and for all u people who said isnt marrying her worth enough. isnt me marrying her worth something for her to give me something back as a thank u enough also.

if i knw some women on nairaland here, they did say smt like

1. its not by force to get married

2. we dont need men to be fulfilled

3. your broke thats y yu complain.

personally, i dont care if i get gifts.

OP, save yur strength, some nigerian women are just narrow minded,
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by MrsChima(f): 4:02am On Aug 28, 2011
Princek12:

so are you implying that you have no problem with giving your guy an engagement gift?

I am not implying shit and I am telling YOU boys to grow some balls and know what the Bleep yall really want.

Left or right. Pick one and stick with it.
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by MrsChima(f): 4:05am On Aug 28, 2011
premechaz:

That was in the olden days when women were women, chaste and pious. In the days of our mothers, women were beautiful and worth every cent a man spent on them. Now, women of this generation are not so beautiful, internally and externally.

Present Nigerian women are ugly and don't get married until they are in their 30s, desperate and short of good eggs, mostly spending their time on NL looking for rich and married men to snag. I wouldn't want to spend my money on a Nigerian girl, of any tribe or creed. Most of them  are more like men, status post many abortions and, sometimes, have turned their uterus into a dud, making them physiologically men. Why would anyone want to shower money, affection and love on someone like that without receiving anything in return. Marrying a Nigerian woman, of nowadays, is like being in a same-sex relationship. The give and take has to be 50/50 because technically you have no idea what you are getting into, unlike in the olden days when the man was cocksure what he is buying or investing in.

So is the state of our women. And yes, I think our women should shower the men with gifts too. Its only fair

Nigerian men are running back from aboard in droves and out the villages to those "ugly and short of good eggs" Nigerian women.
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by premechaz: 4:08am On Aug 28, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Nigerian men are running back from aboard in droves and out the villages to those "ugly and short of good eggs" Nigerian women. 

Is English your fifth language or something?

WTF is the crapp above? Please, stop replying to my posts. I am highly educated and I hate dealing with illiterates like you. Please, let this be the last time you ever quote me.

Thanks!
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by MrsChima(f): 4:15am On Aug 28, 2011
premechaz:

Is English your fifth language or something?

WTF is the crapp above? Please, stop replying to my posts. I am highly educated and I hate dealing with illiterates like you. Please, let this be the last time you ever quote me.

Thanks!

I just replied to the post.  Now what?   

LMAO@out the villages to those "ugly Nigerian women" is not correct "English" grin grin grin grin 

By the way, what is "Crapp" and which English are you referring to?

Nigerian English, Queen English, or American English?
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by toyemz(f): 4:22am On Aug 28, 2011
sure they do
get him a watch
with something personal engraved on it
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by Cuteobi(f): 4:24am On Aug 28, 2011
premechaz:

Do these nigerian men come chaste and pious these days too?? Havnt they had their good semen wasted by sowing wild oats?? Some even have illegitimate kids outside wedlock with d same 'ugly girls'. Just like Mrs chima said Nigerian men come back in droves to marry same 'ugly girls' at home.If we are that ugly,why u stay put with our european,american etc counterparts??!! receiving anything in return. Marrying a Nigerian woman, of nowadays, is like being in a same-sex relationship. The give and take has to be 50/50 because technically you have no idea what you are getting into, unlike in the olden days when the man was cocksure what he is buying or investing in.

[/quote]

Do these nigerian men come chaste and pious these days too?? Havnt they had their good semen wasted by sowing wild oats?? Some even have illegitimate kids outside wedlock with d same 'ugly girls'. Just like Mrs chima said Nigerian men come back in droves to marry same 'ugly girls' at home.If we are that ugly,why cant u stay put with our european,american etc counterparts??!!

receiving anything in return. Marrying a Nigerian woman, of nowadays, is like being in a same-sex relationship. The give and take has to be 50/50 because technically you have no idea what you are getting into, unlike in the olden days when the man was cocksure what he is buying or investing in.

Do these nigerian men come chaste and pious these days too?? Havnt they had their good semen wasted by sowing wild oats?? Some even have illegitimate kids outside wedlock with d same 'ugly girls'. Just like Mrs chima said Nigerian men come back in droves to marry same 'ugly girls' at home.If we are that ugly,why u stay put with our european,american etc counterparts??!! receiving anything in return. Marrying a Nigerian woman, of nowadays, is like being in a same-sex relationship. The give and take has to be 50/50 because technically you have no idea what you are getting into, unlike in the olden days when the man was cocksure what he is buying or investing in.

[quote]

Do these nigerian men come chaste and pious these days too?? Havnt they had their good semen wasted by sowing wild oats?? Some even have illegitimate kids outside wedlock with d same 'ugly girls'. Just like Mrs chima said Nigerian men come back in droves to marry same 'ugly girls' at home.If we are that ugly,why cant u stay put with our european,american etc counterparts??!!
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by MrsChima(f): 4:28am On Aug 28, 2011
toyemz:

sure they do
get him a watch
with something personal engraved on it

That's a nice gift if a woman wants to give it to her husband but OP is asking do men DESERVE engagement gifts.

Men shouldn't expect engagement gifts simply because they have given gifts in return. It is not necessary to exchange gifts. It is a tradition for mane to shower the women with gifts however if the women doesn't give gifts in return then it shouldn't be problem.
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by Cuteobi(f): 4:31am On Aug 28, 2011
WHAT!! Do these people hav to post my comment 20 times
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by MrsChima(f): 4:36am On Aug 28, 2011
Just edit your post.  NL has a mind of its own at times.
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by Cmiller(m): 4:39am On Aug 28, 2011
Bible talk am-Give and You shall Recieve and GIVERS NEVER LACK, dia z a receit in evry transaction so GIVE BACK(appreciate)
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by MrsChima(f): 4:41am On Aug 28, 2011
Cuteobi:

Do these nigerian men come chaste and pious these days too?? Havnt they had their good Fluid wasted by sowing wild oats?? Some even have illegitimate kids outside wedlock with d same 'ugly girls'. Just like Mrs chima said Nigerian men come back in droves to marry same 'ugly girls' at home.If we are that ugly,why u stay put with our european,american etc counterparts??!! receiving anything in return. Marrying a Nigerian woman, of nowadays, is like being in a same-sex relationship. The give and take has to be 50/50 because technically you have no idea what you are getting into, unlike in the olden days when the man was cocksure what he is buying or investing in.

Do these nigerian men come chaste and pious these days too?? Havnt they had their good Fluid wasted by sowing wild oats?? Some even have illegitimate kids outside wedlock with d same 'ugly girls'. Just like Mrs chima said Nigerian men come back in droves to marry same 'ugly girls' at home.If we are that ugly,why u stay put with our european,american etc counterparts??!! receiving anything in return. Marrying a Nigerian woman, of nowadays, is like being in a same-sex relationship. The give and take has to be 50/50 because technically you have no idea what you are getting into, unlike in the olden days when the man was cocksure what he is buying or investing in.

Do these nigerian men come chaste and pious these days too?? Havnt they had their good Fluid wasted by sowing wild oats?? Some even have illegitimate kids outside wedlock with d same 'ugly girls'. Just like Mrs chima said Nigerian men come back in droves to marry same 'ugly girls' at home.If we are that ugly,why cant u stay put with our european,american etc counterparts??!!

According to uneducated man, Nigerian women are so ugly that SOME men are leaving their foreign wives for them.
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by toyemz(f): 4:46am On Aug 28, 2011
@Mrs.chima

yeah,I get your point
its tradition that the lady gets gifts,but  common  there should be that recognition (however faint) that the guy has done well and present a surprise gift or a sort of thank you give
To me,if the guy has really pulled out all the stops to make it that special,then yes he would deserve a gift,
but like you said,he shouldn't expect gifts simply kos he gave her gifts.Its up to the woman oh
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by kandiikane(m): 4:47am On Aug 28, 2011
premechaz:

LWKMDieeeeeeeeee!!! Are you serious? With pictures I have seen of the olden days'  women. Abeg, go sit in a corner. .loool@desperate and short of eggs. . Since you are insult your women no further comment. .ahaha tongue
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by Maguy(m): 4:47am On Aug 28, 2011
Cmiller:

Bible talk am-Give and You shall Recieve and GIVERS NEVER LACK, dia z a receit in evry transaction so GIVE BACK(appreciate)

May God bless you, there is non wrong with giving and it doesnt make us less of a man for wanting something from our women as a token of appreciation
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by premechaz: 4:49am On Aug 28, 2011
kandiikane:

LWKMDieeeeeeeeee!!! Are you serious? With pictures I have seen of the olden days'  women. Abeg, go sit in a corner. .loool@desperate and short of eggs. . Since you are insult your women no further comment. .ahaha tongue

Whats your phone number.

Me likey your new pix. Whatz up?
Re: Men Deserve Engagement Gifts too? by kandiikane(m): 4:51am On Aug 28, 2011
A gift of a Lady use to be her vi[i]r[/i]ginity but since nowadays men don't mind(because they do not care, all they want is for you to open your legs) the gift to men is irrelevant. . Are they not gifting you with their fine selves and fine children? One question, did the woman ask you for hand in marriage? If you want gift wait for the women to ask you for your hand in marriage then ask her for a dowry. . tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ladies, Would You Date A Man That Is Metrosexual? / 50 Pure Signs To Know She Not A Marriage Material, Guys Only! / Why Do Most Girls Love The Boy On My Display Picture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.