Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,374 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Why Does God Allow Evil ? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does God Allow Evil ? (5015 Views)

Why Did God Allow The Holocaust / "Why Does God Allow Evil?" / Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 12, 2011
You are arguing with heathen, they need Christ first and then they can understand GOD , otherwise , with pride swelling in their hearts they will grow from darkness and to utter darkness.

My conclusion is that these blind folk need prayer , SATAN has completely blinded their hearts and they grapple with matters beyond their physical ability to comprehend.
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by plappville(f): 2:34pm On Sep 13, 2011
Image123:

So, having looked at why God allows evil, and who created evil(whatever that means), the next question asked is 'Why did God create evil?' i do not hold a monopoly of knowledge, neither am i omniscient. Still, i'd be stringent(in my estimation) with the little i will say on this. This is primarily because the definition of evil is not fixed between you and me. One man's poison(evil0 is another man's food (good). On the other case, that we do not know the purpose of something doesn't compulsorily mean that that thing is useless or unfair. That you do not know why God made evil doesn't mean that God is bad, or unfair, or inconsiderate, or irrational, or non-existent. i do not know why God made you. i do not know the value of everything that i see. i do not understand why there are a zillion stars and i'm not making profit from that. i do not fully comprehend the use of other planets, and galaxies. Still, i know that God is all wise, only wise, righteous and holy. Whatsoever He made has its purpose even if i do not see or know it. In our ignorance we may wonder, what's the use or purpose of things around us like our neighbours, to gravity, to fire, to fear, to friction. If there were no gravity, maybe Mr A wouldn't break his back, but some of us know how important gravity is, some don't. If not for friction, company Z would not lose that wonderful machine/equipment. I recall in intro technology when we were taught the advantages and disadvantages of friction. And what of fire. How do you feel about fire if it affected you by razing your car, house or body? Even fear, what's the use of fear? Do you know that we all need some fear? i believe it's much the same way with God making evil. Maybe it wasn't for us like the rainbow's rarely of any economic value in the stock market. But it is useful where it is useful.
Now for the believer, God has made a bypass, in sending us Jesus Christ His Son. With Jesus, believers are seated together in heavenly places far above all the earth. What that means is Romans 8v28

Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

In other words, that is frustration for the devil. That in the mean time, while we await the end of all sickness, pain, disaster and co, which would be when jesus comes again and which was clearly said by jesus while on earth. Whil;e we wait for this, we can overcome and live as if in Heaven while actually on earth. that is, despite sickness, pain, death, disappointment, and all what may be thrown at us while on earth,we still obey God and glorify Him. that is, if you slap me, it's a glorious opportunity to show the grace of God. If you shower me with gifts, it's still praise the Lord, God is good. it means, the devil has lost already any one that he throws or does. We do not fear 'evil' like others that don't know God. We're not particular to escape it. We, as believers are MORE THAN conquerors.

U have done what is to be done, there is one thing u must know.
God haters always feel like they have to be accountable for their actions.
They are so much in love with sin that dey do not want to believe dey will ever be judged by GOD, (alive or dead) or that there's really a creator that is in control of their life. They want to be their own controller.
Uand i cannot change this kind of people. Every man will be judged .

Prov. 6:16-19, "There are six things which the Lord hates, yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: 17 Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, 18 A heart that devises wicked plans, feet that run rapidly to evil, 19 A false witness who utters lies, [s]and one who spreads strife among brothers[/s]

To all.

Dear ppl, God desires to know u. He sent His son Jesus Christ to die on the cross to forgive all the sins of those who would commit their life to Him. It's a free gift. He's waiting for u to choose, but He won't force u.
The choice is urs, all you need do is ask.
If you would like to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ you must simply:
1) Turn to God from your own way of living (repentance)
2) Invite Christ to come into your life and trust Him to forgive your sins
3) Allow God to direct your life
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by ftb: 12:11pm On Sep 14, 2011
Very interesting topic. Let me introduce myself very briefly. Am not new on Naira land but this is actually my first comment on any contentious topic. I realise I can be of help here by throwing more light on our agenda.

Did Gid create Evil? No Sir! Does he allow evil? No Sir. If we are talking about the God the Bible talks about, the answers to the two questions will always be No.

You can not love an object and hate at the same time. Bitter water and sweet water do not proceed from the same source. If true God so loved the Word ( human beings ) John 3:16, He can not plan to harm them. Think about it please, ave you ever loved anything or anyone, imagine the extent you went to protect that object. That is what love does. Ye makes you want t prefer others than yourself. It bakes you wan to give to the advantage if whom you love. God so loved, that He gave, John 3:16

So that no man/woman will suffer or die.

Wil come back to this.

Did God create Satan or evil? Again the answer is No. He didn't. He created Lucifer ( a beautiful and adorable angel ) who turned out to be Satan because of pride and rebellion. And because lucifer is a spirit meaning that he can not die, he became an eternal criminal and God's enemy who has vowed to destroy anything that God made including man.
I can explain this further if necessary.

Man is also a Spirit meaning that he is not subject to an eternal death but eternal punishment. Interestingly, God created man in His own class meaning he has a right to choose, to do whatever he wants without God interference inman's affairs except the man permits God to do so.

In summary, when Satan plans his evil against man, God can only prevent him to the extent the man will permits Him and when man makes his choice away from God and the evil happens, then God is blamed because it is assumed if He is God, He should be able do anything. He has the power to do so but when He comes to man, God recognises man is a god with inherent power to take charge of his world.

No matter what sickness, poverty, death out there, you as a man can contol your aion. Your own world and sphere of contacts.
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by Image123(m): 1:54pm On Sep 14, 2011
^i understand your 'fairness'. But let me perhaps take the 'hit' from you before some atheist/unbeliever hits you bad. Knowledge from the Word of God tells us that God made evil. It's somewhere in Isaiah. And He does allow evil. Tribulation is evil, and He told us we would have tribulation. Poverty is evil and sickness is evil. I'm mentioning general evils and we know God permits /allows these. Why He does is what i think is being discussed.
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by Joagbaje(m): 4:48pm On Sep 14, 2011
The principles are there for us to use for our advantage. God doesn't tempt us with evil. He may allow certain challenges because he had given us abilities to overcome them. But he won't allow challenges that we can't conquer .

James 1:13
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

1 Corinthians 10:13
13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by Purist(m): 9:29pm On Sep 15, 2011
ftb:

Did Gid create Evil? No Sir!

I stopped reading here. Clearly, even you don't know your bible well enough.

Isaiah 45:7

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
(KJV)
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 15, 2011
Why many of us skip these verses because we believe that GOD is a sugar daddy who only provides us with wealth and health.

On the contrary , GOD does indeed allow evil to destroy his enemies , if despite many warnings they refuse to heed this words, practise justice, fairness and equity.

This is a warning for atheists and mockers.

“How long will you who are simple love your simple ways?  How long will mockers delight in mockery  and fools hate knowledge?  Repent at my rebuke! Then I will pour out my thoughts to you, I will make known to you my teachings. But since you refuse to listen when I call  and no one pays attention when I stretch out my hand,  since you disregard all my advice and do not accept my rebuke,  I in turn will laugh when disaster strikes you;I will mock when calamity overtakes you when calamity overtakes you like a storm, when disaster sweeps over you like a whirlwind, when distress and trouble overwhelm you. “Then they will call to me but I will not answer;they will look for me but will not find me, since they hated knowledge and did not choose to fear the LORD. Since they would not accept my advice and spurned my rebuke,  they will eat the fruit of their ways and be filled with the fruit of their schemes.  For the waywardness of the simple will kill them,  and the complacency of fools will destroy them;  but whoever listens to me will live in safety  and be at ease, without fear of harm.” - Proverbs 1:22 -33

"Vengeance is mine, and recompense, for the time when their foot shall slip; for the day of their calamity is at hand, and their doom comes swiftly.’" - Deuteronomy 32:35

So as a followup to the initial article, while GOD is not responsible for EVIL , he does bring EVIL upon the heads of the sons and daughters of men because of their stubbornness and wickedness.

But how does he do this ? He removes his hand of protection and the demons take over !!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

An Urgent Revelation By Prophet Shepherd Bushiri / Prosperity Gospel Preachers (Pastor Chris ) Spread Peniaphobia- Fear Of Povertyl / How To Live In The Presence Of God Almighty Like The Scriptures Commanded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.