Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

China's Wenzhou Trade Group Visits Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / China's Wenzhou Trade Group Visits Nigeria (866 Views)

Igbo Group Visits Victims Of Uzo-Uwani Enugu Massacre In Hospital (Pics) / ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation / Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China's Wenzhou Trade Group Visits Nigeria by ektbear: 7:34pm On Aug 28, 2011
Updated: 2011-08-28 10:11

LAGOS - A trade group of 38 businessmen and government officials from East China's Wenzhou City in Zhejiang Provicne visited Nigeria on August 23-27.
The businessmen coming from garment and shoemaking, electric appliances, building materials and agriculture visited free trade zones in Lagos, Nigeria's economic center, and Ogun State and attended a series of investment and trade talks.
In Ogun-Guangdong Free Trade Zone, two companies from Wenzhou signed investment agreements on ceramic tile production and tyre recycling production amounting to $25 million.
Wang Jianping, chairman of Hazan Company from Wenzhou City, said he is optimistic about Nigeria's market.
Nigeria has the largest population in Africa and has rich resources and it is suitable for Wenzhou businessmen to tap their talents.
He said he has already hired more than 600 local workers and he will continue to contribute to Nigerian economic development.
Qian Guolin, another businessmen from Wenzhou, said the trade group's visit shows that more and more Wenzhou entrepreneurs are favoring development in Nigeria. He said after visit Lekki Free Trade Zone in Lagos and Ogun-Guangdong Free Trade Zone, Wenzhou businessmen have seen the economic future of Nigeria.
China's acting consul-general Zhang Zhengxi accompanied the Wenzhou trade group in the visit and trade talks.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/world/2011-08/28/content_13204845.htm
Re: China's Wenzhou Trade Group Visits Nigeria by ektbear: 7:36pm On Aug 28, 2011
ekt_bear:

He said after visit Lekki Free Trade Zone in Lagos and Ogun-Guangdong Free Trade Zone, Wenzhou businessmen have seen the economic future of Nigeria.

I know of Lekki, but had never heard of Ogun-Guangdong FTZ?

At any rate, sounds solid.
Re: China's Wenzhou Trade Group Visits Nigeria by ektbear: 7:49pm On Aug 28, 2011
More than solid, to be honest. Textiles I think is something we can be competitive in today in Ogun State, no? And I mean competitive internationally.

I'm a bit surprised that I've not seen any naija newspaper coverage of this event.
Re: China's Wenzhou Trade Group Visits Nigeria by SuperPap: 8:06pm On Aug 28, 2011
Why you replying yourself bro?
Re: China's Wenzhou Trade Group Visits Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 8:07pm On Aug 28, 2011
This is very good and will benefit Ogun state immensely.
Re: China's Wenzhou Trade Group Visits Nigeria by ektbear: 8:08pm On Aug 28, 2011
I would have put everything in one post, but I didn't fully think through the implications at the time I made my first response.

Anyway, nothing wrong with talking to oneself.
Re: China's Wenzhou Trade Group Visits Nigeria by obowunmi(m): 8:12pm On Aug 28, 2011
Thank goodness for the political instability ---- China can never own Nigeria. May the chinese never prosper in Nigeria. May Nigerians always prosper in Nigeria. Blooody dubious chinese.
Re: China's Wenzhou Trade Group Visits Nigeria by ektbear: 8:20pm On Aug 28, 2011
^-- You don't want factories build in your homeland? Just because it is Chinese building them?

Seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

How do you create jobs without factories and industry?
Re: China's Wenzhou Trade Group Visits Nigeria by Gbawe: 8:21pm On Aug 28, 2011
ekt_bear:

I would have put everything in one post, but I didn't fully think through the implications at the time I made my first response.

Anyway, nothing wrong with talking to oneself.

grin grin Indeed. Just don't let your boss catch you doing it .

@Topic.

I was not aware of the trip from The Chinese trade group but I know the Governors in the South West view cooperation with China as a veritable tool of development for the region. There are opportunities in trade, agriculture and infrastructural development. There are actually many excellent reasons, especially for an opposition Party, why partnering with China makes a lot of sense.
Re: China's Wenzhou Trade Group Visits Nigeria by aljharem3: 8:23pm On Aug 28, 2011
i don't see this as anything really.

how many times has china scam us ??

if this was a Nigerian that was talking like this it would have been a different case

what project among the thousands of project has the chinese completed for us Nigeria

the only potential I see now is INNOSON CARS that is the reality

Until GEJ looks into this and Iweala looks on how to make this car a monopoly in Nigeria car industry then we are not going anyway be it now and no matter the amount of chinese Nigeria brings nothing will show for it

1. they need to first stop the importation of cars by companies

2. the government needs to invest 90% of revenue for infasturestures on Innoson and own 50 % of the company in return

3. there should be branches of this company across the country

4. give another man the contract of steel production for the company ( fedreal character)

5. employment should be do based on the indigenes in the location

after about 10 yrs of this then the ports should be freed back for toyota etc to import back

this would improve various factors in our country from electricity, steel mine, employing 10% of nigeria work force, car exportation etc

this is what they call development and not some chinese man visiting and talking of free trade zone

when over the years we have been doing this same free trade zone rubbish and it has yielded no result
Re: China's Wenzhou Trade Group Visits Nigeria by aljharem3: 8:25pm On Aug 28, 2011
branches should be located in every state of the country and head quarters in abuja but manufactuing quarters in ajakuta, ogun, kano, anambra

chikena

this is development
Re: China's Wenzhou Trade Group Visits Nigeria by ektbear: 2:15am On Aug 29, 2011
Gbawe:

grin grin Indeed. Just don't let your boss catch you doing it .

Lol, my current boss is even weirder than me. I don't think anyone cares

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Christian Politicians From The South So Corrupt Unlike The Northerners / David Cameron Defines Who A Weak Leader Is After Being Accused Of Being Weak / Gaddafi Is Dead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.