Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,074 members, 7,852,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:51 PM

Soludo Vs Contractor: Can A Governor Terminate A Contract With Just Phone-calls? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Vs Contractor: Can A Governor Terminate A Contract With Just Phone-calls? (839 Views)

Seun Of Channels TV Should Be Held Responsible For Soludo Vs Obi Rift / Chukwuma Soludo Vs Ejike Mbaka - Rev Fr Reacts / Femi Adesina: EndSARS Protesters Rain Curses On Me Via SMS, Phone Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo Vs Contractor: Can A Governor Terminate A Contract With Just Phone-calls? by BluntCrazeMan: 10:54pm On Dec 05, 2022
Going by the earlier thread that made it to the front-page earlier....
(Soludo Visits Road Site Unannounced, Terminates Contract Over Incompetence)
https://www.nairaland.com/7464642/soludo-visits-road-site-unannounced

I couldn't stop wondering about the things which the Governor said inside the video.

1. That he had already called the Commissioner for Works to terminate the Contract -- and that the contract had already been terminated.

2. That the new contractor that would take over from the old contractor would be on the site the next day to take over from where the other contractor stopped...

Like, is that how Governors can make calls and have contracts terminated??
And then, a new standby contractor given the job already through making phonecalls,, without passing through the appropriate due-process protocols for contract-awarding??

1 Like

Re: Soludo Vs Contractor: Can A Governor Terminate A Contract With Just Phone-calls? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 05, 2022
Definitely!

He knows the terms and condition of contract, and if he feels any has been violated, he has a sole right to terminate through any form of communication!
Re: Soludo Vs Contractor: Can A Governor Terminate A Contract With Just Phone-calls? by BluntCrazeMan: 11:07pm On Dec 05, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:
Definitely!

He knows the terms and condition of contract, and if he feels any has been violated, he has a sole right to terminate through any form of communication!
But the contract won't be deemed terminated, until the contractor receives a letter to that effect,, right??
And before that, the legal department must have gone through the contract agreements and the terms and conditions of the contract in order to ascertain that the contractor actually violated them as speculated...
Right??

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Vs Contractor: Can A Governor Terminate A Contract With Just Phone-calls? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 05, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
But the contract won't be deemed terminated, until the contractor receives a letter to that effect,, right??
And before that, the legal department must have gone through the contract agreements and the terms and conditions of the contract in order to ascertain that the contractor actually violated them as speculated...
Right??

Definitely!

A letter will definitely follow!

When a boss says "You are fired" you definitely know a letter will hit your mailbox.

And for the fact that Soludo was PERSONALLY there, he does not need a lawyer to ascertain if contract was violated. He saw it and ended it. If the contractor feels it violates terms of agreement, he can head to court. And with the vidoe of what I saw, I personally know contractor can never win such case. Quality=0
Re: Soludo Vs Contractor: Can A Governor Terminate A Contract With Just Phone-calls? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 05, 2022
Na so Rochas okorocha been dey do initial gragra until he start to steal state funds.Soludo won't be different.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Vs Contractor: Can A Governor Terminate A Contract With Just Phone-calls? by doggedfighter(f): 11:18pm On Dec 05, 2022
Revolution2022:
Na so Rochas okorocha been dey do initial gragra until he start to steal state funds.Soludo won't be different.

Is this the topic of discussion ? grin
Re: Soludo Vs Contractor: Can A Governor Terminate A Contract With Just Phone-calls? by Npfn: 12:09am On Dec 06, 2022
Kindly note the contractor defaulted twice the second date of completion ended November 30 so soludu personally visited to see the contractor and notified him that his services is no more needed and your to refund the rest money back
Re: Soludo Vs Contractor: Can A Governor Terminate A Contract With Just Phone-calls? by BluntCrazeMan: 12:28am On Dec 06, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

Definitely!

A letter will definitely follow!

When a boss says "You are fired" you definitely know a letter will hit your mailbox.

And for the fact that Soludo was PERSONALLY there, he does not need a lawyer to ascertain if contract was violated. He saw it and ended it. If the contractor feels it violates terms of agreement, he can head to court. And with the vidoe of what I saw, I personally know contractor can never win such case. Quality=0
Ok.

And to the second part of the question I asked.

A new Contractor had already been engaged.
I really don't think that one is true..

Like, so fast?
And to even start work on the site the following day.
Re: Soludo Vs Contractor: Can A Governor Terminate A Contract With Just Phone-calls? by Stevedison(m): 1:16am On Dec 06, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
Ok.

And to the second part of the question I asked.

A new Contractor had already been engaged.
I really don't think that one is true..

Like, so fast?
And to even start work on the site the following day.

Do you know how many contractors who are lined for the job. So already there are contractors everly ready
Re: Soludo Vs Contractor: Can A Governor Terminate A Contract With Just Phone-calls? by BluntCrazeMan: 1:28am On Dec 06, 2022
Stevedison:

Do you know how many contractors who are lined for the job. So already there are contractors everly ready
They do “Due Process” in Anambra.
(I don't know for the other states)

So, even with the other contractors waiting in line,, isn't it good to still use the due-process protocols to engage any of them?
Re: Soludo Vs Contractor: Can A Governor Terminate A Contract With Just Phone-calls? by KwaraRat: 1:42am On Dec 06, 2022
The way these people do 180 only shows how sentimental they are..

See as Solodu has become an object of mockery .
Re: Soludo Vs Contractor: Can A Governor Terminate A Contract With Just Phone-calls? by gtrust: 1:43am On Dec 06, 2022
Assessment and stock taking to avoid duplication
What will the new contractor do?

They’re supposed to have a detailed project design.
I saw the contractor showing him areas he encountered “some challenges” and I thought they were both stupid and childish
Re: Soludo Vs Contractor: Can A Governor Terminate A Contract With Just Phone-calls? by BluntCrazeMan: 1:49am On Dec 06, 2022
KwaraRat:
The way these people do 180 only shows how sentimental they are..

See as Solodu has become an object of mockery .
Let me wait until you come out fully.
Re: Soludo Vs Contractor: Can A Governor Terminate A Contract With Just Phone-calls? by kingsways: 1:53am On Dec 06, 2022
Yes he can
Re: Soludo Vs Contractor: Can A Governor Terminate A Contract With Just Phone-calls? by opalu: 1:54am On Dec 06, 2022
There was a contract agreement in place. This document stipulates how termination is carried out. That contractor will eventually cash out if he can get a good lawyer. Governors here see themselves as tiny gods who are above the law.
Re: Soludo Vs Contractor: Can A Governor Terminate A Contract With Just Phone-calls? by fuckJones(f): 5:56am On Dec 06, 2022
Revolution2022:
okorocha was richer than you before he became the governor
Re: Soludo Vs Contractor: Can A Governor Terminate A Contract With Just Phone-calls? by gartamanta: 6:01am On Dec 06, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
Going by the earlier thread that made it to the front-page earlier....
(Soludo Visits Road Site Unannounced, Terminates Contract Over Incompetence)
https://www.nairaland.com/7464642/soludo-visits-road-site-unannounced

I couldn't stop wondering about the things which the Governor said inside the video.

1. That he had already called the Commissioner for Works to terminate the Contract -- and that the contract had already been terminated.

2. That the new contractor that would take over from the old contractor would be on the site the next day to take over from where the other contractor stopped...

Like, is that how Governors can make calls and have contracts terminated??
And then, a new standby contractor given the job already through making phonecalls,, without passing through the appropriate due-process protocols for contract-awarding??

It all depends on the terms of the contract both parties signed. I have seen some government contracts that states that the Governor can terminate the contract at any time if the level of compliance is not met
Re: Soludo Vs Contractor: Can A Governor Terminate A Contract With Just Phone-calls? by Nobody: 6:33am On Dec 06, 2022
fuckJones:

okorocha was richer than you before he became the governor
Are you his account manager?
Re: Soludo Vs Contractor: Can A Governor Terminate A Contract With Just Phone-calls? by seborrhic: 7:08am On Dec 06, 2022
Rubbish.
Unless he had already concluded on terminating the contract sometimes ago and had already secretly engaged new contractors,mobilised them financially and told them to be ready the day after he would make the publicity stunt of terminating the contract on phone.
You can't just wake up after a visit to a construction site to announce termination of a road contract and the resumption of work of new contractors the next day,on phone,or even on air,without having made the decision and contingency plans,long ago,unless you are a drug addict or alcoholic leader,that doesn't give any thought before making announcements.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Vs Contractor: Can A Governor Terminate A Contract With Just Phone-calls? by alanto: 7:48am On Dec 06, 2022
Soludo used to be a good guy until he spoke about Obi and his lies.... Is Soludo the first governor to terminate contracts on site?
These people are desperately looking for Soludo's fall, they are ready to sabotage what Anambra people will benefit from the man for a myopic obi that should have contested for a senate seat because that's where useless people abounds.
Re: Soludo Vs Contractor: Can A Governor Terminate A Contract With Just Phone-calls? by alanto: 7:56am On Dec 06, 2022
seborrhic:
Rubbish.
Unless he had already concluded on terminating the contract sometimes ago and had already secretly engaged new contractors,mobilised them financially and told them to be ready the day after he would make the publicity stunt of terminating the contract on phone.
You can't just wake up after a visit to a construction site to announce termination of a road contract and the resumption of work of new contractors the next day,on phone,or even on air,without having made the decision and contingency plans,long ago,unless you are a drug addict or alcoholic leader,that doesn't give any thought before making announcements.
When you open bidding for a contract many people enroll, then you scrutinize them till you have like 3, out of which one will be selected as favorite, but there will be a second best... He can decide to fire the favorite and give it to the second best, they have all been interviewed and scrutinized but then you don't really have problem with the contract, contractor or the term of agreement... Your grudge is with Soludo, he exposed Obi so much that obi stock dropped, you guys have hated him since then... If it was Obi that did these shiit, you people will be shouting competence, mr no nonsense
Re: Soludo Vs Contractor: Can A Governor Terminate A Contract With Just Phone-calls? by BluntCrazeMan: 10:35am On Dec 06, 2022
alanto:

When you open bidding for a contract many people enroll, then you scrutinize them till you have like 3, out of which one will be selected as favorite, but there will be a second best... He can decide to fire the favorite and give it to the second best, they have all been interviewed and scrutinized but then you don't really have problem with the contract, contractor or the term of agreement... Your grudge is with Soludo, he exposed Obi so much that obi stock dropped, you guys have hated him since then... If it was Obi that did these shiit, you people will be shouting competence, mr no nonsense
You keep mentioning Obi.

But let me tell you something you don't know.

If Obi becomes president and does any nonsense, I will be among the very first people to criticise him critically.
Take this from me.

(1) (Reply)

Would Tinubu Re-contest In 2027? / Okowa: We Must 'sweet Talk' Peter Obi's Supporters Not To Waste Their Votes / Lagos Is A Refuse Dump - Tinubu (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.