Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,458 members, 7,843,396 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him (41713 Views)

Woman Returns From SALAH Feasting Only To Find Her House On Fire / 31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by IbroMaka(m): 10:49pm On Dec 06, 2022
jamesversion:

What is the meaning of Onitiju??

Person wey get shame
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Phraences: 10:51pm On Dec 06, 2022
omonnakoda:
Abroad where? Ghana?

US. Their courts are something else. Their reasoning dey different..

There was a case where a burglar broke his leg in the home he went to steal in and sued his victims for negligence. The guy won o!.
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by jamesversion: 10:53pm On Dec 06, 2022
IbroMaka:

Person wey get shame

Wow. cheesy

Thanks.
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by omonnakoda: 10:54pm On Dec 06, 2022
Phraences:

This scenario is called Gazumping and is technically not possible in the US because of the technicalities of house buying so it is not even likely to get to court because it would not have happened in the first place.

In the UK gazumping is totally legal
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by IbroMaka(m): 10:54pm On Dec 06, 2022
Phraences:

There was a case where a burglar broke his leg in the home he went to steal in and sued his victims for negligence. The guy won o!.

Plaintiff will never win with judge Judy/ judge joe
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Pharaohny: 10:54pm On Dec 06, 2022
Onitiju. Shameless
You can't shame them grin grin grin grin
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by OriOko88(m): 10:55pm On Dec 06, 2022
Franzinni:
The man is rightish ... She made him sell other properties to raise funds only to find out she has sold the property.. I know it's her property but he was led on and couple with the fact that baba is emotionally attached to the building ...and area

But his name is contradictory to his actions Sha.
Ademola onitiju no get one itiju atal. grin

1 Like

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by faithfull18(f): 10:57pm On Dec 06, 2022
Why didn't he ask for more time to raise the money Plus what side businesses were these guys doing to afford such My country people
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by omonnakoda: 10:58pm On Dec 06, 2022
Phraences:

The only such case I know is not of negligence but a physical assault led to the broken legs and is a case of assault/ GBH excessive force
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by IbroMaka(m): 10:59pm On Dec 06, 2022
Pharaohny:
Onitiju. Shameless
You can't shame them grin grin grin grin
Depends on the pronunciation sha
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by OriOko88(m): 11:00pm On Dec 06, 2022
cremedelacreme:
The tenant na real werey. cheesy
I tell u. Typical of military officers. They always want the whole world to revolve around them. It seems he knows the woman is well connected,otherwise he would have sent some airforce men to deal with her. Hed be like '' a whole air comordre like me u bloody civilian no want sell house to. Hes really pained grin

1 Like

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Babanisharon(m): 11:00pm On Dec 06, 2022
The tenant no get itiju (shame) true true abi no be onitiju be the name... Shameless man
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Franzinni: 11:01pm On Dec 06, 2022
jamesversion:

What is the meaning of Onitiju??
shy person.. someone who is shy of other.
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Franzinni: 11:02pm On Dec 06, 2022
Deogratias0030:

You think he has a good case?
not at all but if he has a good lawyer anything goes when a lawyer is worth thier weight.
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Franzinni: 11:03pm On Dec 06, 2022
Cantonese:

Please read the part where the man told the court that he did not have evidence of the account into which he deposited the N135m. He was asked if the landlady asked him to sell his two houses and he answered no.

Read o.
I understand ... But you know he sold the property for the porpose of meeting up with the woman's demand
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by OriOko88(m): 11:05pm On Dec 06, 2022
2saviourfriday9:
Oh boy see money N135Million how can one person wey no eat strong body come get that kind amount of money
Ikoyi inhabitants are not ur average Nigerians. They are way above the upper middle class. Just like those living in Los Angeles. U don ever see a poor american living in LA before? Nah. That's ikoyi for u cool
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by grandstar(m): 11:05pm On Dec 06, 2022
I am an estate agent and this is a usual occurence. Many tenants have grown accustomed to the properties they have leased and usually express an interest in purchasing it from the owner once it is in the market.

Many a time they can't raise the money. If they could, they wouldn't be renting in the first place.

Make the man park comot make person rest.

Wetin dey pain the man be say hin no get opportunity own house for Ikoyi again. Price don go up

1 Like

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by JaySterling: 11:06pm On Dec 06, 2022
OriOko88:

Ademola onitiju no get one itiju atal. grin
What is the meaning of Onitiju?
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by ASAPFERG1: 11:07pm On Dec 06, 2022
any tenant wey try this nonsense with me will be shot dead angry
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Streetmovement(m): 11:07pm On Dec 06, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

E be things o
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Leoleo1(m): 11:10pm On Dec 06, 2022
These are people's family members o. If either of them was your dad or uncle, would you wish Boko wiped them? Mumu

Gobekli:

Boko shoulda wiped all these retired armed-robbers from our sight decades ago when they were in service, instead they were left to constitute nuisance to the wellbeing of law-abiding Nigerians

The one time Boko could be useful yet they still failed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by OriOko88(m): 11:12pm On Dec 06, 2022
JaySterling:
What is the meaning of Onitiju?
Onitiju is a person thats virtuous.
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by mariovito(m): 11:26pm On Dec 06, 2022
I think the Onitiju's grouse must be the disrespect he felt that the property was sold to a low rank officer a Colonel instead of him an Air Commodore which should be the equivalent of a brigadier general.

2 Likes

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Okhuadams(m): 11:26pm On Dec 06, 2022
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by jaxxy(m): 11:28pm On Dec 06, 2022
kerry57:
See wahala o. Ontop my property. Na craze be that one

If there was buyers or sales agreement that was breached they can be sued and vice versa.
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Phraences: 11:32pm On Dec 06, 2022
omonnakoda:
The only such case I know is not of negligence but a physical assault led to the broken legs and is a case of assault/ GBH excessive force

The case i read the burglar slipped and fell on something left at the foot of the stairs. Can't remember..
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by olasquare: 11:39pm On Dec 06, 2022
the few comment I have read so far shows how naive most Nigerians are on matters pertaining to law, and contractual arrangements. there's a provision for offer and agreement in law, which is a binding contractual agreement if a valid proof can be presented. yes you can sue in scenarios as this if u feel the seller is playing smart after both of u have reach an agreement on the offer made. lots of things we are ignorant about in this country. a proof we are not civilized or developed. we need To opt our intelligence. everything suppose not be cruise
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by 5starMan: 11:39pm On Dec 06, 2022
Ofe nmanu entitlement... Tueeeh
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by omonnakoda: 11:41pm On Dec 06, 2022
Phraences:

The case i read the burglar slipped and fell on something left at the foot of the stairs. Can't remember..
did not win though
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by omonnakoda: 11:43pm On Dec 06, 2022
olasquare:
the few comment I have read so far shows how naive most Nigerians are on matters pertaining to law, and contractual arrangements. there's a provision for offer and agreement in law, which is a binding contractual agreement if a valid proof can be presented. yes you can sue in scenarios as this if u feel the seller is playing smart after both of u have reach an agreement on the offer made. lots of things we are ignorant about in this country. a proof we are not civilized or developed. we need To opt our intelligence. everything suppose not be cruise
As opposed to most Moroccans who are totally conversant with legal issues?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

JOEPOOL Wave Ltd (swimming Pool Construction Company) / My Tenant Was Burnt To Death / "Please Piss Here, Ogun Needs It": Hilarious Inscription On A Fence In Jos!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.