Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,442 members, 7,843,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him (41712 Views)

Woman Returns From SALAH Feasting Only To Find Her House On Fire / 31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by omonnakoda: 11:47pm On Dec 06, 2022
OriOko88:

Onitiju is a person thats virtuous.
That is an assumption

Yoruba is a tonal language and that name could mean several things depending on the dialect
It could even be based on a place/location or a deity/oriisha
e,g
Also with regard to Itiju
it could mean
A person with shame
Or

A person whom I respect (in whose presence I feel shame)
compare with Onitemi
Oni ti Iju
Iju is a community etc
Iju also means thick forest
Also meaning depends on WHO gave the name. A family may have been given the name by a king which would give it a different spin e.g. Onitiju-mi
It is word noting that many names are shortened forms of something much longer or a brief story

e.g
Ojuelegba means a place where Esu is worshipped but is not apparent without enquiry
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by BENEAMATA: 12:02am On Dec 07, 2022
Franzinni:
The man is

But his name is contradictory to his actions Sha.
As in . . . .
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Franzinni: 12:03am On Dec 07, 2022
BENEAMATA:
As in . . . .
do you understand Yoruba? If no then his name mean some one who is shy but the man is bold !
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by akaleb2015(m): 12:07am On Dec 07, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by BENEAMATA: 12:07am On Dec 07, 2022
Franzinni:
do you understand Yoruba? If no then his name mean some one who is shy but the man is bold !
totally get what you're saying bro .The irony of it .

1 Like

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Nobody: 12:12am On Dec 07, 2022
Kooldon:
The Emi Lokan Brothers. It is always their turn
grin

Yet you want them to vote for your SAINTLY Candidate in February? You must think that the Emilokan people are fools, n'est ce pas?

1 Like

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by LegacyB: 12:12am On Dec 07, 2022
Kooldon:
The Emi Lokan Brothers. It is always their turn
grin
You don’t have to trivialize and tribalism everything. At least try and hide your hatred a bit. How do you want Obi to win when all you do is tribe versus tribe? Please read the content, learn the lessons and grow up.

1 Like

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by linearity: 12:18am On Dec 07, 2022
Franzinni:
The man is rightish ... She made him sell other properties to raise funds only to find out she has sold the property.. I know it's her property but he was led on and couple with the fact that baba is emotionally attached to the building ...and area

He admitted that she did not made him do anything including selling two family houses.

If the guy is still interested in buying the house, let him negotiate with the new landlord.
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by linearity: 12:33am On Dec 07, 2022
greggng:
I cannot blame that tenant ...if you look at that matter very well without being sentimental ...you can see that the tenant suffered some injustice ...imagine selling two properties in other to meet up the payment of a house and the same house was not given to you ...despite making such effort to complete the money ...There is a place in our law where landlords who intend selling a house that has tenant...has to first give them first right ...if they refuse or unable to pay ...then the offer can be thrown open. In this case this tenant ade great effort ...only greed on the side of the landlord that made her deny the innocent tenant the opportunity.. The truth is that he has seen a bigger offer ...not minding the sacrifice of the tenant .

She gave the tenant the right of first refusal and the tenant admitted that, he could not pay.

The landlady does not have an obligation to wait endlessly for the tenant to run around town looking for money to complete his meager offer.

The tenant admitted against self-interest in his Court fillings that, the landlady did not force him to sell any of his families. Whatsoever injustice he may suffer or not suffer we’re all self-inflicted.

During negotiations, it is not only downwards prices can be negotiated, prices can also go up. There is nothing wrong in selling to the highest bidder.

Finally, it may be immoral to be greedy, but it is not illegal or against any law. In fact, greedy people create economic opportunities for many other people, greediness is required for any society’s economy to function optimally.

Greedy naijabet players creates jobs for naijabet employees and owners. Greedy stock brokers who are bullish about a particular company creates opportunities for shorts to win when the stock goes down. Greedy oil markets shots up the prices of oil, thereby increasing our foreign earnings from oil and beefing up our oil reserves.

Because of the greediness of the landlady, she have earned more spendable revenue for her family who will in turn use the money to better the local community due to their increased buying power. By her greediness, the State Government would now earn more revenue from the tax on the sales of that property and increase their Revenue position at the end of the fiscal year.

2 Likes

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Nobody: 12:44am On Dec 07, 2022
Baba's destiny was embedded in the foundation of the building
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by mukthar2000(m): 1:21am On Dec 07, 2022
Most everything be by force to accrue ?
What is really rough with some people self, u mean the landlord should sell the house for u at ur own convenience price?
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by ordovicianonly(f): 2:02am On Dec 07, 2022
Which kind stubborn human being be dis ? Na you get house ? No
It is by force for you to buy it ? No

Did they owe you money in which they used to build the house ? No

Did the (Landlady) force you to sell your family house ? No

Did you put (Tenant ) buried juju in the house which is the reason you want to buy the house by force ? Yes

This man should be sued for wasting the court time and for stressing the new owner and the landlady of th house

Animal in human form leleyi ooo

1 Like

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by sheffyUTD(m): 2:20am On Dec 07, 2022
cheesy the irony is in the name "Onitiju" without shame grin
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by EgunMogaji2: 2:33am On Dec 07, 2022
Richy4:
<< me wey only do Law 101 and 102 as a borrowed course can even judge this case within 3mins.. After all I am a judge Judy fan cheesy
<<Na which side of the nose this man dey take breathe from that gave him the boldness to sue... ?
<< You don't have money to pay..
<< The landlady did not ask you to sell your property to match the cash u already had..
<<She didn't accept money from you as part payment..No where it was written that she must definitely sell to you...
<< Now why was he suing? What was he planning to achieve?
<<Does it mean that the landlady has no right to sell to the highest bidder?

He simply wants to tie up the sale in court proceedings.

1 Like

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:00am On Dec 07, 2022
Shameless Tenant. No wonder his name is onitiju
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by olasquare: 4:16am On Dec 07, 2022
omonnakoda:
As opposed to most Moroccans who are totally conversant with legal issues?

And the Portuguese who can confidently defend their case in every legal matters
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by pargelenis(m): 4:23am On Dec 07, 2022
Franzinni:
The man is rightish ... She made him sell other properties to raise funds only to find out she has sold the property ….
“…Onitiju admitted that the defendants did not ask him to sell the two family properties,…”
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by juman(m): 4:34am On Dec 07, 2022
Where are the military people get so much money, one wonder.
They are thieves.
They turned the insecurity to business.

In mid 90s I saw retired colonel driving taxi in my state.
But today, the military men are stinkingly rich.
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Ikem11(m): 4:34am On Dec 07, 2022
Franzinni:
The man is rightish ... She made him sell other properties to raise funds only to find out she has sold the property.. I know it's her property but he was led on and couple with the fact that baba is emotionally attached to the building ...and area

She made him? How you youths thinks . No wonder politicians ride you people like a donkey .

See how low your mindset is .
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by juman(m): 4:37am On Dec 07, 2022
He should go and buy other house.
There are several other properties, even better properties in other places.

Going to court for whatever reason is good.
Let the government hire more judges to handle the cases.
Tax should be collected and manage well to pay those judges.
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by madridguy(m): 4:38am On Dec 07, 2022
I can feel his pain after he sold off his two property to raise the money.
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by sukkot: 4:54am On Dec 07, 2022
ImoleNaija:

Corrected.
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by stalleypaul: 5:05am On Dec 07, 2022

say goodbye to generator with Power Station Portable Bank

Power your laptop, phones, MiFi, powerbanks, Speaker, fan, radio, LED light, camera, drones etc

46,200mah , 65watts

(Higher capacities available)

Contact me on whatsapp to get the LIVE video on how it works.

Pay on Delivery nationwide via GIG Logistics !!!

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Judolisco(m): 5:34am On Dec 07, 2022
Richy4:
<< me wey only do Law 101 and 102 as a borrowed course can even judge this case within 3mins.. After all I am a judge Judy fan cheesy
<<Na which side of the nose this man dey take breathe from that gave him the boldness to sue... ?
<< The landlady did not ask you to sell your property to match the cash u already had..
<<She didn't accept money from you as part payment..No where it was written that she must definitely sell to you...
d man neva ready to move out of d house yet... Na why e carry am go court... D bro is a lawyer also... U can also see that he appeealed the case... He go drag am until he see new house buy
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by TheMostComplex1: 5:36am On Dec 07, 2022
The tenant/man no well. No evidence of lodging 135 in any account. Your rent was never increased. You were told about the sale of the property & given opportunity to buy . Baba you are an ungrateful person and posterity will judge you for stressing the landlady
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Franzinni: 5:39am On Dec 07, 2022
Ikem11:

She made him? How you youths thinks . No wonder politicians ride you people like a donkey .

See how low your mindset is .
haha have you finished?

Ok Mr high mindset.
You Sha wan talk ... And you don talk ...so....?

And yes she made him do it even if he admitted she didn't tell him to sell ... But if you can make some use of your high mindset, you wouldn't need me to clarify on what I meant.

Ok now go and use it ... It's not rocket science!
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Desusi: 6:21am On Dec 07, 2022
Franzinni:

Abi oo! The thing weak me too oo.
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Desusi: 6:23am On Dec 07, 2022
Na by force to buy the property. Another Ahab of bible loading. OLOJUKOKORO air commodore!
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by bassdow: 6:24am On Dec 07, 2022
Richy4:

see eh, atimes it's the Lawyers fault. Laywers can push you to unnecessary court cases just to make their money.

I have on few cases, had to go against their advice because deep down, I knew chances were very very very slim. One could be RIGHT, and still loose in court. The interpretation of law is somehow BUT just a little Common Sense is all we need atimes.

By the time they fill your head with hope & reasons, you would go ahead with the court case, and mind you, before any step, they must receive at least either 100% or over 50% of their money. of course excluding other expenses that you still would have to shoulder.

na so dem dey take make money be that.

Moreover, you & I don't know the level of cordial relationship that exists between the tenant & the landLady.

me sef don challenge a couple of Sans (with political ties) before when they threatened me with lawsuit, me just laugh at them and let them know I understands the workFlow. They were wrong, tried to play me, and when their ploy didn't work, tried to use their position to scare me.

In court processes, there are no TRUTHs & LIEs, just who tells a better story. And should you have documentations to back up your story, then it's FiNiShEd.

2 Likes

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Simeonjoe1: 6:42am On Dec 07, 2022
kerry57:
See wahala o. Ontop my property. Na craze be that one

No its not read the news very well.
If the man has enough evidence he could have won the case.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

JOEPOOL Wave Ltd (swimming Pool Construction Company) / My Tenant Was Burnt To Death / "Please Piss Here, Ogun Needs It": Hilarious Inscription On A Fence In Jos!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.