Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,441 members, 7,843,346 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him (41711 Views)

Woman Returns From SALAH Feasting Only To Find Her House On Fire / 31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Simeonjoe1: 6:46am On Dec 07, 2022
Hailstone:
This tenant has crazy nerves. He’s still went ahead to appeal the judgment. Good grief! Over someone’s property? If the house was sold out, am sure there many others out there that he could buy, but seems he’s a troublemaker.

No its his right. Na because Nigeria has no regards to the law that's why you typed this.
If they have entered a contract or he have any evidence he should have easily won this despite it being the woman property.
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by OlujobaSamuel: 6:52am On Dec 07, 2022
Richy4:
<< me wey only do Law 101 and 102 as a borrowed course can even judge this case within 3mins.. After all I am a judge Judy fan cheesy
<<Na which side of the nose this man dey take breathe from that gave him the boldness to sue... ?
<< You don't have money to pay..
<< The landlady did not ask you to sell your property to match the cash u already had..
<<She didn't accept money from you as part payment..No where it was written that she must definitely sell to you...
<< Now why was he suing? What was he planning to achieve?
<<Does it mean that the landlady has no right to sell to the highest bidder?
I'm suspecting ego palava. The tenant and the buyer are both retired officers, the tenant is having a superior rank to the buyer, so likely to be a case of; this small boy to me

2 Likes

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by flexydote(m): 6:52am On Dec 07, 2022
Franzinni:
The man is rightish ... She made him sell other properties to raise funds only to find out she has sold the property.. I know it's her property but he was led on and couple with the fact that baba is emotionally attached to the building ...and area

But his name is contradictory to his actions Sha.

Close your mouth. She made him sell his family property how?

Instead of him to use that money to go look for other property buy or sell more family property to add up and buy the property he decided to use the money go do case for court. Rubbish
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Ikem11(m): 7:07am On Dec 07, 2022
Franzinni:
haha have you finished?

Ok Mr high mindset.
You Sha wan talk ... And you don talk ...so....?

And yes she made him do it even if he admitted she didn't tell him to sell ... But if you can make some use of your high mindset, you wouldn't need me to clarify on what I meant.

Ok now go and use it ... It's not rocket science!

Continue in your ignorance. I guess you read where it stated the case was thrown out . It means its a useless case like your mind also .
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by flexydote(m): 7:13am On Dec 07, 2022
omonnakoda:
This scenario is called Gazumping and is technically not possible in the US because of the technicalities of house buying so it is not even likely to get to court because it would not have happened in the first place.

In the UK gazumping is totally legal

This kind of case should not even also be legal in Nigeria because personally I see no reason for sueing.
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Illegal1(m): 7:21am On Dec 07, 2022
I jst dey laff...
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Karmaisme(m): 7:26am On Dec 07, 2022
Franzinni:
The man is rightish ... She made him sell other properties to raise funds only to find out she has sold the property.. I know it's her property but he was led on and couple with the fact that baba is emotionally attached to the building ...and area

Onitiju ti o ni itiju.

1 Like

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Cantonese: 7:31am On Dec 07, 2022
Franzinni:
I understand ... But you know he sold the property for the porpose of meeting up with the woman's demand

Nobody sent him to do that. It was his choice.

When he was asked for evidence that he sold two houses, he said that he did not have any. Clearly it meant that the man did not sell any house. He was being sentimental.

As a lawyer, he was asked "show us the account wey you keep the N135m". The man say e no get am. So it was an imaginary N135m or as they say fake N135m.

Abeg Bros, why should I be breaking it down for you like this free of charge?

The woman gave him all the time.

He had the first refusal, but failed.

He could not meet the asking price of N170m. At N135m, he still did not have the money. He had only N90m and would have pushed to lock it in and more time to source the balance

He used military mentality, but it failed.

It's not that easy finding suitable buyers in the property market. The woman took her opportunity.

If he had a signed document with the woman with respect to more time, purchase and sales, the woman would have honored it by the terms of the agreement.

They never had issues as landlady-tenant.
The man felt the pain because he was emotionally attached to the house

He can save the money, if he actually sold two houses, to purchase another property in Dolphin estate.
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Kingabia1998(m): 7:32am On Dec 07, 2022
Fox41:
Like seriously?
Nothing person no go ear for Nigeria although I haven't seen.
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by maasoap(m): 7:34am On Dec 07, 2022
Franzinni:

Your last sentence ruined the rest of everything you typed before it.

doggedfighter:
The audacity ! grin
Richy4:
<<
<< The landlady did not ask you to sell your property to match the cash u already had..

He was given the option of right to purchase. While he was running around and selling his properties to match the asking price, the landlady pulled the rug under his feet.
Everyone is saying it is her property but forgot how it all started and what went down to this point. The landlady could have been more humane than this. I can't do such things, never!
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Voiceofthestree: 7:54am On Dec 07, 2022
This is where you will know that a lot of corruption as really eat Nigeria imagine a retire commodore buying property worth 200 million and no he only that one he go get ooo ole
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by mechanics(m): 7:55am On Dec 07, 2022
Hmmmm, the case will also be dismissed again, don't why he's interested in the property.
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by almarthins(m): 7:59am On Dec 07, 2022
ImoleNaija:

Corrected.
hahaha...
You no well at all!

1 Like

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by layzie: 8:08am On Dec 07, 2022
Franzinni:

Wrong. There is no contract here. He didn't accept the offer made by the landlady and she didn't accept his counter offer.

He just wants to be petty and frustrate the new owner that's y he is still there suing. And has even appealed the judgement.

Lawyers can advise if landlady can start eviction proceedings even as his appeal is ongoing

1 Like

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by FireUpNow(m): 8:12am On Dec 07, 2022
Is it by force? The audacity and boldness was just too much. For me the the tent should be thrown out of the property with immediate alacrity and made to sign undertaking should any happen to the landlady because the said man is so desperate and is capable of killing the landlady
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by kennethesan(m): 8:21am On Dec 07, 2022
Wonders shall never end. Na by force?Lol
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Franzinni: 8:22am On Dec 07, 2022
Ikem11:

Continue in your ignorance. I guess you read where it stated the case was thrown out . It means its a useless case like your mind also .
don't let it rattles your cage ... It could be a fake story for all I know ... Why would you let someone's headache force you to be taking Panadol?
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Franzinni: 8:23am On Dec 07, 2022
flexydote:

Close your mouth. She made him sell his family property how?

Instead of him to use that money to go look for other property buy or sell more family property to add up and buy the property he decided to use the money go do case for court. Rubbish
if only you understood it would have been best for the both of us.
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by zomoears(m): 8:25am On Dec 07, 2022
Richy4:
<< me wey only do Law 101 and 102 as a borrowed course can even judge this case within 3mins.. After all I am a judge Judy fan cheesy
<<Na which side of the nose this man dey take breathe from that gave him the boldness to sue... ?
<<She didn't accept money from you as part payment..No where it was written that she must definitely sell to you...

He has appealed.

Now that is his objective. To frustrate them and make them spend money.Meanwhile the new owner cannot take possession.

He will go all the way to Supreme Court..

The guy is just mean.

1 Like

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by zoghys: 8:43am On Dec 07, 2022
Fox41:
Like seriously?

9ja lo n pe ebi. awon eyon mad gor
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by NoToPile: 9:20am On Dec 07, 2022
Phraences:

US. Their courts are something else. Their reasoning dey different..

There was a case where a burglar broke his leg in the home he went to steal in and sued his victims for negligence. The guy won o!.

Tell me it's a joke grin

So what happened to the person who was burgled, did the burglar pay damages or how did the case end?
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Oyiboman69: 10:51am On Dec 07, 2022
Nayturalistic:

Stop being so daft Chinedu
these guys are aboki...they are the ones who always instigate tribal conflict on this forum. They are everywhere here....
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by georgeufi: 11:02am On Dec 07, 2022
The man na fraud, he could not even shoe proof if the money he said he sold 2 properties for.

Onitiju admitted that the defendants did not ask him to sell the two family properties, “but they did by conduct when they insisted on the N135 million purchase price”. He also told the court that he does not have evidence of where the N135 million was lodged.

Franzinni:

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by enonche85(m): 11:23am On Dec 07, 2022
Franzinni:

He himself admitted before the court that she did not ask him to sell any of his family property.

A price of 170m which was later reduced to 135m was set for the property. He offered 90m and 100m which is still way below the set price, so she should still go ahead to sell to him and loose 35m in the process?...it's not like there was an agreement for her to wait for him to look for money.
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by enonche85(m): 11:27am On Dec 07, 2022
Simeonjoe1:

No its his right. Na because Nigeria has no regards to the law that's why you typed this.
If they have entered a contract or he have any evidence he should have easily won this despite it being the woman property.

The question that should be asked is if there was an agreement between him and the landlady that they should him give time to look for money and she then sold the property within that time, if there's no such agreement he shout getaattt!.
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by gaspology(m): 11:45am On Dec 07, 2022
Richy4:
Na one charge and bail convince am to sue. Man must wack nah grin

1 Like

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Richy4(m): 11:48am On Dec 07, 2022
Simeonjoe1:

That's the key ... There was no contract whatsoever... The lady did not even collect any part payment from him.. so there's no way the law will be on his side wherever he takes this case to around the world
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Simeonjoe1: 12:06pm On Dec 07, 2022
enonche85:

The question that should be asked is if there was an agreement between him and the landlady that they should him give time to look for money and she then sold the property within that time, if there's no such agreement he shout getaattt!.

Well he has no backed evidence. They might be agreements on words, well the case is against the man as he has no evidence. But despite this its still his right to sue her to court if he feels a agriefed. Imagine every Nigerian has this mentality with right court judgment! This country would have been better
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by Richy4(m): 12:13pm On Dec 07, 2022
maasoap:

Your last sentence ruined the rest of everything you typed before it.
He was given the option of right to purchase. While he was running around and selling his properties to match the asking price, the landlady pulled the rug under his feet.
Everyone is saying it is her property but forgot how it all started and what went down to this point. The landlady could have been more humane than this. I can't do such things, never!

How do you substantiate the right to purchase without backing it up with purchasing power?..

The landlady has given him the asking price...How he gets the money to pay, should not be the landlady's problem?...What he should have asked from the landlady was time... Example from Feb 10,- June 10, I will pay in full...(oral contract)
Assuming the landlady agreed on a part payment, And he deposited some money because of the property, Then he would have had a case...

Without being sentimental, he has no case... He can take it anywhere around the world... it will be strike out because there's no reasonable grounds to bring the claim to court..

1 Like

Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by gabbytabby: 1:19pm On Dec 07, 2022
May God protect us from ole jaguda ogboju tenant and agent.

Imagine.
Re: Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him by autosavvy: 9:09pm On Dec 07, 2022
ImoleNaija:

Corrected.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

JOEPOOL Wave Ltd (swimming Pool Construction Company) / My Tenant Was Burnt To Death / "Please Piss Here, Ogun Needs It": Hilarious Inscription On A Fence In Jos!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.