Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) (25558 Views)

Everton Confirm Frank Lampard As New Manager (Photos) / Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach / Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) by cliqtips: 1:43pm On Dec 08, 2022
Felabrity:
in this era??
You think it's not possible?
Re: Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) by Emman08: 1:50pm On Dec 08, 2022
He didn't have Messi. Suarez and Neymar to carry him.
Re: Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) by vickydevoka(m): 1:52pm On Dec 08, 2022
MoneySEASON:
Werey coach grin

He wanted to claim he's a genius and can do without the likes of De Gea, Ramos, Thiago Alcantara etc.

He doesn't know experience matters.

For instance, I travel to Canada and come back, shebi I have experience 1 or 2 things in Canada? I can share my experience and knowledge with people that haven't been there so they know how to prepare and what to do.

But Luis Enrique say he won carry young boys that haven't played World Cup before grin he thinks it's all about having a squad that majority of the players are teenagers and mostly under 24.

Park and go your house jorr! grin grin

Next is Morocco, Portugal should beat them black and blue so that mumu player called Boufal that gave credit to Arab nations and snubbed Africa when he was interviewed. It's safe to say these northern Africa countries don't want to be called Africans.

You guys are the only African country left in the World Cup, Africans are proud you guys are still representing the continent but una choose not to give credit to Africa and instead gave credits to some other country and continent angry

Thunder fire Boufal and other Moroccan players that did likewise.
Is buhari from Africa? Or is he from Arab nation?
Re: Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) by dazzlingd(m): 1:56pm On Dec 08, 2022
MoneySEASON:
Werey coach grin

He wanted to claim he's a genius and can do without the likes of De Gea, Ramos, Thiago Alcantara etc.

For instance, I travel to Canada and come back, shebi I have experience 1 or 2 things in Canada? I can share my experience and knowledge with people that haven't been there so they know how to prepare and what to do.

But Luis Enrique say he won carry young boys that haven't played World Cup before grin he thinks it's all about having a squad that majority of the players are teenagers and mostly under 24.

Next is Morocco, Portugal should beat them black and blue so that mumu player called Boufal that gave credit to Arab nations and snubbed Africa when he was interviewed. It's safe to say these northern Africa countries don't want to be called Africans.

You guys are the only African country left in the World Cup, Africans are proud you guys are still representing the continent but una choose not to give credit to Africa and instead gave credits to some other country and continent angry

Ive told you guys that Morocco doesn’t represent Africa

2 Likes

Re: Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) by Lamasta(m): 1:58pm On Dec 08, 2022
Mumu coach I know he can't pass the knockout stage
Re: Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) by OKorowanta: 2:00pm On Dec 08, 2022
He has apologised though.
not that he doesn't knows they are Africans,it escapedhim.
Re: Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) by KennethEnyi(m): 2:01pm On Dec 08, 2022
Nawa o
Re: Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) by observanc1: 2:10pm On Dec 08, 2022
Bono, Morocco Keeper do this man strong thing.
Re: Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) by seborrhic: 2:10pm On Dec 08, 2022
MoneySEASON:
Werey coach grin

It wasn't because of experience per se.
The thing is that the brand of football Enrique is playing has never won a world or continental championship(except when Barca had a certain Messi at his prime).
Passing the ball 1000 times sideways and backwards has failed countless times,unless it's a national league.
Guardiola tried out numerous times with Bayern and city,yet he still can't crack the champions league.
Barcelona with Xavi can win la liga if Madrid declines but countless sideways passing will always be defeated by major teams in Europe.
The best footballing style/brand remains that of real Madrid and Liverpool at club level and Brazil/Argentina/France at national team level.
These teams combine skill with pace,short/long passing when the opening is there and aggressive but equally skilled attacking force and don't indulge in those boring ineffective passing football that is most times confined to one's half and usually sideways or backwards to the keeper.
If Spain don't re adapt their football they would continuously fail.

4 Likes

Re: Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) by MoneySEASON: 2:11pm On Dec 08, 2022
vickydevoka:

Is buhari from Africa? Or is he from Arab nation?

What brought Buhari to this now? undecided

Nawa oo
Re: Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) by MoneySEASON: 2:13pm On Dec 08, 2022
seborrhic:

It wasn't because of experience per se.
The thing is that the brand of football Enrique is playing has never won a world or continental championship(except when Barca had a certain Messi at his prime).
Passing the ball 1000 times sideways and backwards has failed countless times,unless it's a national league.
Guardiola tried out numerous times with Bayern and city,yet he still can't crack the champions league.
Barcelona with Xavi can win la liga if Madrid declines but countless sideways passing will always be defeated by major teams in Europe.
The best footballing style/brand remains that of real Madrid and Liverpool at club level and Brazil/Argentina/France at national team level.
These teams combine skill at pace and don't indulge in those boring ineffective passing football that is most times confined to one's half and usually sideways or backwards to the keeper.
If Spain don't re adapt their football they would continuously fail.

Exactly! Spain needs to change their pattern of football, that Tiki Taka shit is outdated.

2 Likes

Re: Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) by Elidrisy20: 2:14pm On Dec 08, 2022
MoneySEASON:

It's that stewpeed Boufal. He later apologised but I know it's not from his heart.

He apologized when people started dragging him on his Instagram handle because what he did was wrong.

To hell with his fake apology.
is not his fault,is the fault of Amaju pinnick with his mango head & white beard

2 Likes

Re: Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) by paradigmshift(m): 2:14pm On Dec 08, 2022
MoneySEASON:
Werey coach grin

lol that morroco player na fool.. I go want make Dem win Sha regardless of that idiot player .. Morocco don't see themselves as Africans, even Tunisia, Egypt n co.

1 Like

Re: Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) by Reference(m): 2:15pm On Dec 08, 2022
MoneySEASON:
Werey coach grin

I don't get this 'pride of Africa's' thing when it comes to the successes or otherwise of other national teams of the continent at the global stage.

To me it smacks of a negative complex. You won't see Spain for instance celebrating Holland if they make the semi's or Uruguay celebrating Argentina if it wins the Cup or even China taking pride in what Japan or Korea did.

What will make me celebrate Morocco in the first place.... I just don't get it. That you are let down because they chose to identify with their ancestral race rather than their geographical location should trigger a patriotic alarm in you.

For me if Nigeria is not doing the business I am totally neutral. Cannot be a racist.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) by MoneySEASON: 2:20pm On Dec 08, 2022
Reference:

I don't get this 'pride of Africa's' thing when it comes to the successes or otherwise of other national teams of the continent at the global stage.

To me it smacks of a negative complex. You won't see Spain for instance celebrating Holland if they make the semi's or Uruguay celebrating Argentina if it wins the Cup or even China taking pride in what Japan or Korea did.

What will make me celebrate Morocco in the first place.... I just don't get it. That you are let down because they chose to identify with their ancestral race rather than their geographical location should trigger a patriotic alarm in you.

For me if Nigeria is not doing the business I am totally neutral. Cannot be a racist.

Lol, I like your neutral stance, but it doesn't make any sense. If he didn't give credit at all, it would've been better, but the guy only gave credits to the "Other guys" and snubbed his core root as per say we be nonentity.
Re: Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) by MoneySEASON: 2:22pm On Dec 08, 2022
paradigmshift:
lol that morroco player na fool.. I go want make Dem win Sha regardless of that idiot player .. Morocco don't see themselves as Africans, even Tunisia, Egypt n co.

Make them win Portugal? grin

Guy, Make Ronaldo's Portugal win am na cry him don too suffer, and them don ridicule am tire. Make he prove those media, coaches, fans, journalist etc wrong.

1 Like

Re: Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) by tunapawizzy: 2:30pm On Dec 08, 2022
good coach, great philosophy, can attract proper ball players, chelsea should sign him up at the end of the season
Re: Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) by Heribase2: 2:36pm On Dec 08, 2022
cool

Re: Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) by paradigmshift(m): 2:41pm On Dec 08, 2022
flexyrule:
Did his bid.

Took a bow.

If he was a Nigerian, you'll be hearing 4 + 4, Continuity, etc even when they themselves know that it is time to leave the stage.
lmao
Re: Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) by Bomaking(m): 2:53pm On Dec 08, 2022
He's such a sentimental coach. tongue embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) by brain54(m): 3:00pm On Dec 08, 2022
Imekoon:
It's still funny how Spain claimed they practiced 1000 penalty kicks during training only to end up playing the worst penalty shoot out of the competition
Maybe there would have done worse if they hadn’t practiced…

Like playing the balls into the fan stands!
grin

1 Like

Re: Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) by hakeemhakeem(m): 3:06pm On Dec 08, 2022
eminikansoso:
Very commendable and allow new Technical Crew to show their own ideology.
But you Bleep up well by not teaching your lads how to play a penalty kick. But that is soccer for you

Spain boss Luis Enrique said the national soccer team practiced 1,000 penalties in anticipation of the ongoing 2022 FIFA World Cup, however, they failed to score a single spot-kick when it mattered most.

3 Likes

Re: Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) by blueAgent(m): 3:07pm On Dec 08, 2022
Angelfrost:
No other option...!

Chelsea is waiting for you sir! tongue

Seems Harry Potter has gone as far as he can with that team!

He would be a fool, to accept Chelsea job.
Re: Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) by blueAgent(m): 3:09pm On Dec 08, 2022
grin
Premiumwriter:
I hear urchins now attend job interviews with their family members.

To show that they are team leaders, each member of the family will answer the questions the interviewer will ask.

Balablu

grin grin grin

They call it the Balablu team.

1 Like

Re: Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) by blueAgent(m): 3:11pm On Dec 08, 2022
Madups:
This guy go enter history book as one of the most overrated coaches of all time.. Well between him and fraudiola sha.

Pep a fraud?

Why do parents leave kids with phones and Internet unsupervised?

shocked

1 Like

Re: Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) by abobote: 3:15pm On Dec 08, 2022
iezeiyida:
He is a very strong, humble and competent guy who has achieved alot as a coach..
His days as coach of my beloved club, FC Barcelona, is full of beautiful memories..
Why should he even quit as Spanish manager? Must they win and lift the trophy while competing with many other great teams in the World Cup? Luck counts oo Spain was playing very well and I don't know how it is his fault they couldn't qualify
He didn't quit, he was sacked
Re: Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) by TonyBby: 3:17pm On Dec 08, 2022
MoneySEASON:
Werey coach grin

Lmao, this you watched when the Coach was interviewed?. No, that's will be yo answer.
He said "We're Africans and we are representing Africa", the players might have said creepy stuffs but the coach has spoken for it's nation.
Re: Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) by Realists(m): 3:17pm On Dec 08, 2022
MoneySEASON:
Werey coach grin

Who will want to join Idol worshippers & Drugs pushers?.
Re: Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) by abobote: 3:18pm On Dec 08, 2022
MoneySEASON:

Make them win Portugal? grin

Guy, Make Ronaldo's Portugal win am na cry him don too suffer, and them don ridicule am tire. Make he prove those media, coaches, fans, journalist etc wrong.
Which of is Ronaldo Portugal again?
Is Ronaldo the new coach of Portugal?

Anyway Portugal can win, provided Ronaldo agrees to remain on the bench
Re: Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) by Angelfrost(m): 3:22pm On Dec 08, 2022
blueAgent:

He would be a fool, to accept Chelsea job.

Well, in the absence of Juventus, I doubt there is any other top club in need of services.
Re: Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) by Ray07(m): 3:22pm On Dec 08, 2022
Angelfrost:
No other option...!

Chelsea is waiting for you sir! tongue

Seems Harry Potter has gone as far as he can with that team!
He doesn't want a defensive team. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Iheanacho Equals Okocha And Obafemi Martins Premier League Record / Nigeria Fails To Qualify For World Cup In Qatar After Ghana Draw / No Eagles Without Mikel — Keshi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.