Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology (12430 Views)

Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy / Somali Religion & Mythology / Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology by logica(m): 5:55am On Aug 31, 2011
Dear Mor.on,

I sure am glad you caught on to the fact that the Bible can be translated as suits anybody's purpose, so of what real use is the book then?

In any case, judging from your dimwitted responses, you probably don't know that the theologians have the duty of studying the Bible and drawing up commentaries. Certainly I will take the "subjective opinion" of such a scholar (whose actual interpretations these sheeple lap up and follow) than the babbling of a mor.on who has no clue on the contents of the Bible.
Re: The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology by Nobody: 5:59am On Aug 31, 2011
logica:

Dear Mor.on,

I sure am glad you caught on to the fact that the Bible can be translated as suits anybody's purpose, so of what real use is the book then?

In any case, judging from your dimwitted responses, you probably don't know that the theologians have the duty of studying the Bible and drawing up commentaries. Certainly I will take the "subjective opinion" of such a scholar than the babbling of a mor.on who has no clue on the contents of the Bible.

and here we see the unstable nature of the typical skeptic . . . a key facet in his crusade against religion.

In one breath the skeptic tells you the "subjective" nature of the bible (i.e. can be explained to suit personal tastes) is one reason to discard the bible . . . in the same breath he SUPPORTS the subjective ideas of another man on the bible so long as it supports his own craven crusade to "win" at all costs.
Re: The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology by logica(m): 6:02am On Aug 31, 2011
Dear Mor.on,

The overwhelming interpretation of that verse (John 6:42) from the whole flock of sheeple is Joseph was a POOR carpenter. The fact that you either don't know this or that you tried to twist it to serve your purpose underlines either your ignorance or insincerity. Now run along.
Re: The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology by Nobody: 6:04am On Aug 31, 2011
logica:

Dear Mor.on,

The overwhelming interpretation of that verse (John 6:42) from the whole flock of sheeple is Joseph was a POOR carpenter. The fact that you either don't know this or that you tried to twist it to serve your purpose underlines either your ignorance or insincerity. Now run along.

And this "overwhelming interpretation" was derived from? commentaries? grin
the same commentaries for which you despise the bible?

You really are an exercise in hypocrisy.
Re: The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology by logica(m): 6:10am On Aug 31, 2011
Dear Mor.on,

In case you missed it, we are back to the actual topic of this thread. Not unlike when chapters of the Bible were selected by a voting process overseen by Constantine, so are interpretations of the Bible based on votes. The overwhelming vote is, Joseph was a POOR carpenter. You may go take it up with your pastor, who probably told you Jesus was a billionaire and Joseph richer than Solomon LOL.
Re: The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology by logica(m): 6:28am On Aug 31, 2011
Monumental acts of foolishness will not be condoned.
QED
Re: The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology by Desdola(m): 6:49am On Aug 31, 2011
that their eyes may be open Lord! The Bible is the true word of God. Take it or leave it
Re: The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology by Gbenge77(m): 8:29am On Aug 31, 2011
Op,atheism would lead you to HELL.Make no mistake about it.Several atheists like you are in HELL regreting their life choices.You dont wanna go to that place trust me.And once you are in,theres no way out.

Having convinced you that there is no such thing as hell while on earth,Satan and his demons will turn around to mock you when you arrive at such a damned place.

Only if you had the chance to see the terrible punishment being meted to the hell's occupants!You would turn your back on atheism rightaway!
Re: The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 31, 2011
It surprises me: one trait that atheists, agnostics, free-thinkers and bla de bla bla have is the compulsive habit of always trying to disprove and disrepute CHRISTIANITY. Not bhuddism, islam, hinduism, nor taoism. Always Christianity. Doesn't this ring a bell?

To all atheists: if you feel you have discovered the truth which you claim is a treasured valuable, then why are you always eager to share you valuables with us? Afterall who ever finds a treasure and is willing to share it with anyone?

Keep you beliefs to yourself and I will mine. The end will justify who would be shamed eventually.
Re: The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology by InesQor(m): 9:05am On Aug 31, 2011
pDude:

It surprises me: one trait that atheists, agnostics, free-thinkers and bla de bla bla have is the compulsive habit of always trying to disprove and disrepute CHRISTIANITY. Not bhuddism, islam, hinduism, nor taoism. Always Christianity. Doesn't this ring a bell?

LOL cool cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cool grin

Well, wait for them to show up and say that it is the notion of 'God in general' that they are refuting. They may even make references to the FSM (Flying Spaghetti Monster), etc

One thing I have noticed is that they [/i]tend to steer clear of [i]theistic posts, talking about God without reference to a particular religion, or a comparative religious outlook.

Those posts and threads are always ignored because there is no particular [b]strawman [/b]to hang and attack like how they can pick on maybe Allah or say, Jesus, The Father or the Holy Spirit.
Re: The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology by logica(m): 9:07am On Aug 31, 2011
pDude:

It surprises you? Why won't it surprise you. Now your best defense is: please take a look at other religions? The pathetic "why is everybody always picking on me"? OK, all forms of religion are moronic. Does that make you feel better?

pDude:

To all atheists: if you feel you have discovered the truth which you claim is a treasured valuable, then why are you always eager to share you valuables with us? Afterall who ever finds a treasure and is willing to share it with anyone?

Keep you beliefs to yourself and I will mine.
Hello?! Ding-dong. Is that a bell ringing or your empty head hitting a wall? Who coined the word "evangelism"? Just take it as good old evangelism - a taste of your own medicine. Getting unpalatable doctrines shoved down your throat and annoying so, the good old Christian way. Just wait till I bring megaphones and bullhorns to your backyard so you can hear my voice all night long telling you how much of a mor.on you are for having those beliefs of yours. It doesn't surprise me that you never wondered why evangelists who found treasures were so eager to share and didn't keep them to themselves using your jaw-dropper of a stupid logic. Logic can NEVER be your forte.
Re: The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology by logica(m): 9:09am On Aug 31, 2011
Gbenge 77:

Several atheists like you are in HELL regreting their life choices.You dont wanna go to that place trust me.
Apparently you are CNN's correspondent to Hell. You've held interviews with Atheists in Hell right? Can we watch the videos? Put them on Youtube please.
Re: The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology by kinsbrooks: 11:04am On Aug 31, 2011
Who has changed the truth of God into a lie,

Christianity is not a religion. it is God living in the confines of my entire being and finding an expression. He that is born of God hears God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God, " That is why i can stretch forth my hands and pray for the sick and they will recover instantly, i pray and cancer vanish instantly, whats more?? i can pray and get wonderful results all in the wonderful sweet name of Jesus. Brothers u cannot do anything against the truth. God Himself preserved the Truth.
He is the express image of God, (Heb1:3). ", he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and i will love him, and will MANIFEST myself to him."You cant see Him? be born of God and obey His words and He will show up in your very life!
@Davidylan,, u know and u know that we hold the oracles of God(Roms3:2), God bless u immensely
Re: The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology by kinsbrooks: 11:19am On Aug 31, 2011
What happened to my comment here? removed? lol
Re: The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology by poweredcom(m): 11:51am On Aug 31, 2011

Op,atheism would lead you to HELL.Make no mistake about it.Several atheists like you are in HELL regreting their life choices.You dont wanna go to that place trust me.And once you are in,theres no way out.

Having convinced you that there is no such thing as hell while on earth,Satan and his demons will turn around to mock you when you arrive at such a damned place.

Only if you had the chance to see the terrible punishment being meted to the hell's occupants!You would turn your back on atheism rightaway!

@Gbenge 77,

Take the devil off your plane
Take him off your mental mentality
Take him off your brain
Make a change, from my mind
Leave all the ciggarettes and guns
The alcohol and everything
Thats the mental devil that exists within your body
Take this pain
Thats destroying and decaying your mind
Take these chains, off my mind
The mind controls the body
Everything within must come out
Want to be free
Dont look towards the sky
Cause theres no heaven above
Dont look down beneath your feet
Theres no hell below
Want to be free
But heaven and hell exist within
Heaven is what you make it and
Hell is what youre going through

@logica

Several atheists like you are in HELL regreting their life choices.You dont wanna go to that place trust me.
Apparently you are CNN's correspondent to Hell. You've held interviews with Atheists in Hell right? Can we watch the videos? Put them on Youtube please.

Right away broda i beg tell them for me , Hey what about grin grin grin BBC Or Aljazeera Correspondent to Hell hahaha
Re: The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 31, 2011
davidylan has met his match in logica. Their exchange was fun to read.
Re: The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 31, 2011
phxc:

davidylan has met his match in logica. Their exchange was fun to read.

you mean i met another craven fellow who cant defend his position but resorts to abuse to bluster his way out? Yeah i did.
Re: The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 31, 2011
davidylan:

you mean i met another craven fellow who cant defend his position but resorts to abuse to bluster his way out? Yeah i did.

Yeah but admit it, he gave you a run for your money; and what's that you said about abuse? You are no saint either in that respect.
Re: The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 31, 2011
phxc:

Yeah but admit it, he gave you a run for your money; and what's that you said about abuse? You are no saint either in that respect.

Run for my money? You mean his inability to answer simple questions while couching his ignorance in empty talking points and insults?

either you are just another empty-headed skeptic or you are easily impressed by fellow skeptics since they share your narrow and inconsistent world view.
Re: The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology by dare2think: 7:05pm On Aug 31, 2011
Gbenge 77:

Op,atheism would lead you to HELL.Make no mistake about it.Several atheists like you are in [b]HELL [/b]regreting their life choices.You dont wanna go to that place trust me.And once you are in,theres no way out.

Having convinced you that there is no such thing as [b]hell [/b]while on earth,Satan and his demons will turn around to mock you when you arrive at such a damned place.

Only if you had the chance to see the terrible punishment being meted to the [b]hell's [/b]occupants!You would turn your back on atheism rightaway!

How did you come about this information? Have you been to hell?
Re: The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 31, 2011
There are many who claim that Jesus never existed, that He was only a mythical character.  But those who make such a claim are not historians, and, if sincere, are ignorant of the facts.  The world has more information about the life of Jesus Christ than just about any other person of the ancient world.  His birth, life, death and resurrection are revealed in much more detail than most ancient figures whose existence is taken for granted by historians.  Consider the following:

The New Testament contains 27 separate documents that were written in the first century A.D. by eyewitnesses of the life and works of Jesus Christ and which chronicles firsthand testimony to what they had seen and heard.

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of Life—the Life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that Eternal Life which was with the Father and was manifested to us—that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. (1 John 1:1-3)

The existence of Jesus Christ is recorded by the Jewish historian, Flavius Josephus, who was born in A.D. 37.

Now there was about this time, Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man, for he was a doer of wonderful works—a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure.  He drew over to him both many of the Jews, and many of the Gentiles.

He was (the) Christ; and when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men amongst us, had condemned him to the cross, those who loved him at the first did not forsake him, for he appeared to them alive again the third day, as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him; and the tribe of Christians, so named from him, are not extinct at this day (Antiquities, XVIII, III)

The Roman historian Cornelius Tacitus (A.D. 112) referred to Jesus Christ and the Christians in Rome when he wrote about the reign of Nero (Annals, XV; 44).  He further, in his Histories, referred to Christianity when mentioning the burning of the temple of Jerusalem in A.D. 70, which record was preserved by Sulpicius Severus (Chronicles, 30:6).  Additionally, the Roman historian Seutonius (A.D. 120) referred to Jesus or His followers in “Life of Claudius” (A.D. 112) in his Epistles, X, 96.

Writings from Jewish Rabbis (circa A.D. 40-180) in the Talmud and other Jewish writings refer to Jesus Christ, i.e., His “hanging” (on a cross) on the eve of Passover, His identification along with the names of five of His disciples, certain healings in His name and scoffing at the “claim” that He was born of a virgin—implying His birth was probably “illegitimate.”

Almost all major religions—those for and against Him—acknowledge the existence of Jesus Christ.  For hundreds of years His existence was widely accepted as George Washington’s existence is accepted today.  It is only in recent history that His existence has been seriously challenged.  The enormity of early manuscripts referring to Jesus Christ is far and above any record of anyone who has ever lived upon earth.  These manuscripts exceed 24,000, the earliest were written within 25 years of Jesus’ death.  No work of antiquity approaches the Bible’s documentary credibility, including all works that are accepted as historical fact.  For example:

Major Existing Manuscripts        Early Records   From Event to First Existing Manuscript

Gallic Wars—Julius Caesar        10                     1000 years

History—Pliny the Younger         7                     750 years

History—Thucydides                   8                   1300 years

History—Herodotus                     8                   1300 years

Iliad—Homer                           643                     500 years
(Second most prevalent writing)

The New Testament                 24,000+               25 years

For the serious (genuine) truth-searcher in this matter, the following masterful work by Josh McDowell is recommended, which contain a much more complete list of references of ancient writers, both Christian and non-Christian, who mention Christ and His followers, not to mention a mountain of other evidentiary proofs pertaining to Jesus Christ:  The New Evidence that Demands a Verdict, Thomas Nelson Publishers, 1999.

To deny the existence of Jesus Christ in light of historical evidence is indication of either serious ignorance; or, more likely, the predisposition of a totally biased mind regarding the subject.  Even the renowned Encyclopedia Britannica with approximately 20,000 words uses more space regarding Jesus Christ than it does for Aristotle, Cicero, Alexander, Julius Caesar, Buddha, Confucius, Mohammed or Napoleon Bonaparte.
Re: The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology by mazaje(m): 9:25pm On Aug 31, 2011
Bobbysworld28:

The New Testament contains 27 separate documents that were written in the first century A.D. by eyewitnesses of the life and works of Jesus Christ and which chronicles firsthand testimony to what they had seen and heard.

Which of the writers of the gospel have ever stated that they were eyewitness to any of the things that they wrote about? Which of the writers of the gospels have ever claimed to have ever known Jesus or were together with him at any time. . .Can you show me where such was written in any parts of the gospel?. . .By the way it is not all the books of the new testament that were written in the 1st century AD . . .
Re: The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology by logica(m): 9:37pm On Aug 31, 2011
dare2think:

How did you come about this information? Have you been to hell?
Please do you know where I can get weather forecasts for Hell. I need to know the weather for next week ASAP (as in whether it will rain fire and brimstone on Monday or if there will be a Lava Hurricane on Wednesday; or if there will be a nuclear fission on Friday - TGIF).
Re: The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology by Autero: 9:52pm On Aug 31, 2011
We should be careful how we deduce opinions especially on issues that are beyond our comprehension. lipsrsealed
Re: The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology by richjohn1(m): 10:11pm On Aug 31, 2011
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, I Believe in God, but I can never say I belive the bible is God's word, my grand parents were baptist missionaries I started doubting the bible from a VERY young age with continous sleepless nights and persistent horrible experiences I see in the "house of gawd" no one had answers for me. I've read through the bible about four times and you literalily see the contradictions all dad and mum will tell me is 'just believe' I started researching and studying and I saw some amazing facts that its not ethical to speak about.

You clearly see the similarities and the connectons between christianity and other mystical cults and religions there are several books FREE online on this subject. Its just sad people will blindly refute this fact.

Well 'logica' its no use trying to convince anyone! no need to use abusive words. Let everone be guided by his/her conscience.

Long live nairaland, I LOVE THIS WEBSITE
Re: The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology by logica(m): 10:12pm On Aug 31, 2011
Autero:

We should be careful how we deduce opinions especially on issues that are beyond our comprehension. lipsrsealed
This kind of scare tactic would have worked in The Dark Ages (from whence it originated no doubt); but do me a favor and check your calendar will you? It's the 21st Century!

@rich_john,
I will hardly insult anyone without having been insulted either blatantly or veiled (by implication). Take my word for it. smiley
Re: The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology by kandiikane(m): 10:23pm On Aug 31, 2011
Any Buddhist, Hindus etc here so atheist can criticise you? :p

I think Buddhism is the best teachings you can bring into your life. You don't have to believe in God just accept the philosophy and enlightenment buddhism brings your life. .
Re: The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology by Autero: 11:16pm On Aug 31, 2011
« #128 on: Today at 05:55:29 AM »

Dear Mor.on,

In any case, judging from your dimwitted responses, you probably don't know that the theologians have the duty of studying the Bible and drawing up commentaries. Certainly I will take the "subjective opinion" of such a scholar (whose actual interpretations these sheeple lap up and follow) than the babbling of a mor.on who has no clue on the contents of the Bible.
Take it easy bro, how can one be informed if you are too hot to handle.
Re: The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology by kinsbrooks: 7:02am On Sep 01, 2011
I am not surprised at the level of intelligence here.

Speaking on this issue, there are some things in the Bible that are difficult to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist and misconstrue to their own utter destruction.

God reveals His Words to His very own. You can argue over the written word which of course the devil knows and quoted during the Temptation of Jesus and i believe still quotes today BUT the power lies in the(RHEMA) spoken Word of God. And no word of God is void of power.

Your human intellect nor mind cannot grasp God. God is a spirit. You can only see Him through His Word! thank you
Re: The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology by dare2think: 10:38am On Sep 01, 2011
^^^^^

And how did you deduce those assertions?

"God is a spirit"

Their minds cannot "grasp God", but yours can
undecided
Re: The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology by logica(m): 1:01pm On Sep 01, 2011
kinsbrooks:

I am not surprised at the level of intelligence here.

Speaking on this issue, there are some things in the Bible that are difficult to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist and misconstrue to their own utter destruction.

God reveals His Words to His very own. You can argue over the written word which of course the devil knows and quoted during the Temptation of Jesus and i believe still quotes today BUT the power lies in the(RHEMA) spoken Word of God. And no word of God is void of power.

Your human intellect nor mind cannot grasp God. God is a spirit. You can only see Him through His Word! thank you
I sometimes wonder whether some of you believe the gibberish you type, but then after watching a documentary on how brainwashing works and Manchurian candidate types, I perfectly understand.
Re: The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology by kinsbrooks: 6:43pm On Sep 01, 2011
@Dare2think, I love you brother. Dont you know that God is a Spirit? You also have a spirit living inside of you. Check out John 4:24kjv and Hebrews 12:9. Brother only regenerated minds are allowed to know God and I mean the Born again man/woman.If you have not yet confessed Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour, it is impossible to know God. Dare to confess Him!

@Logica, i believe the very words i type. They are the Reality. In it lies the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes. Logica, DARE TO BELIEVE! God's words has "brainwashed" me. It has drown my senses and brother believe me it is the sweetest gifts to mankind. It has turned me into a Principality. You need to experience this thing yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Obi At World Peace Day At Holy Cross Cathedral, Lagos / New Date For End Of The World: January 1 2017 - Sword Of God Cult / Which Of These 10 Commandments Do You Fault Always

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.