Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,161 members, 7,860,157 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:58 AM

It Takes Two: It Takes To Work - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / It Takes Two: It Takes To Work (1020 Views)

Angry Friend Takes To Facebook To Name & Shame A Guy Who Ditched Her / How Long Does It Takes A Woman??? / Have You Got What It Takes To Date The Single Upwardly Mobile Young Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It Takes Two: It Takes To Work by hitsales(m): 5:52pm On Aug 24, 2007
Hi Nairalanders,
I just hopped in some few minutes, cheked on some few posts and found some relaxing and some, I aint saying but the good news is, I decided to come up with some revealing infos and this has been the debate. It's about what Im about to type up on here.

Okay, let's get started.

In essence the commitment you make when you choose to be in a relationship with another person is a commitment with yourself first and foremost. You are agreeing that you will do the work, you will put in the effort, you will do whatever you can to make this team work. Teamwork? Well yes, that's exactly the point. When you enter into a relationship you are also agreeing to be part of a team, one that will protect and serve, a team that will beat the odds. So let's try and answer some of those questions shall we?

So how do you keep your relationship going?

Put the effort in. That means thinking the right things, doing the right things and saying the right things - consistently. What sort of things? Well you could be genuinely appreciative of your partner no matter what the occasion (when they make your dinner, iron your shirt, pack your lunch, buy your shampoo etc) and that means you need to be thinking about being appreciative all the time, so you can see when the 'right moment' arises. In addition to this, we all like surprises, so every now and then be appreciative in advance - do something that'll remind them just how grateful you are to be in their team. Flowers, chocolates and weekends away are obvious examples but the thought doesn't have to translate into money - you can be creative with the thought. I recently painted a cardboard box with some poster paint and filled it with confetti - that brought a smile.

How much effort does it really take?

In truth, a fantastic amount of effort is required over a sustained period of time but the reality may feel different - it may feel that for the bulk of the time, you are not making any effort, you are simply enjoying doing the things that make you happy, the trick is to do those things the same when the dark clouds roll over and trouble rears it's head - that's when you make the most amount of effort and draw on the energy of the free and easy good times.

Do I have to stop being 'me'?

The short answer is NO. But it really isn't as simple as that is it? When you're part of a team you give something of yourself to make that team work and you also accept those elements that other people add to the team and take those things on board and that may then colour how you see/do things differently? I would suggest that maybe, you are not stopping being 'you' but you may be adding things and that maybe being 'you' will to others then be subtly different?

So, with all this in mind, are you ready for that relationship? Are you ready to work on the relationship you have?

(1) (Reply)

Should Our Partners Gain Our Trust Or Should We Just Trust Them? / My Boyfriend Is A Drug Peddler! / Should Women Keep Their Female Friends Away From Their Boyfriends/Husbands?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.