Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) (8709 Views)

Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. / How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) by igetsbizy(m): 4:01pm On Aug 30, 2011
For those of you who are in long distance relationships or has experienced one in the past. I just wanna hear your experiences/opinions. I just got into one and its all kind of new to me and I really want to make it work.
Re: Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) by MrCork17: 4:03pm On Aug 30, 2011
Pros: Fredoooom!! wink

Cons: No Puuuuny!! angry
Re: Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) by freecocoa(f): 4:22pm On Aug 30, 2011
Its not easy but yuo can make it work that's if you and your partner are dedicated to doing so,call often,pray,visit when you can etc,that's my 2 naira.
Re: Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) by igetsbizy(m): 5:19pm On Aug 30, 2011
Well! This is what I thought though, FreeCocoa Thanks!,
Re: Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) by Cuddlemii: 5:22pm On Aug 30, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Pros: Fredoooom!! wink

Cons: No Puuuuny!! angry

U sure about that? Is the distance not suppose to aid getting that. Can u deter a man from getting some some. rephrase plz.
Re: Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) by MrsChima(f): 5:27pm On Aug 30, 2011
Long distance relationships work for SOME. That's the con.
Re: Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) by MMM2(m): 5:38pm On Aug 30, 2011
op
just find anoda punny in uk angry
Re: Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) by kokoye(m): 5:53pm On Aug 30, 2011
I am against long distance relationships hoping to get serious. . .avoid it if you can, except you became serious before the distance set in.

'Absence makes the heart grow fonder' - LIE. what kinda absence are we talking . . days, months, years??

'Out of sight is out of mind' - very true.

You spend only two weeks together in a year . .so it's easy to be at your best behaviour for only those two weeks. Of course.

I guess it's cool for those looking to cheat.
Re: Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) by claremont(m): 6:06pm On Aug 30, 2011
kokoye:

I am against long distance relationships hoping to get serious. . .avoid it if you can, except you became serious before the distance set in.

'Absence makes the heart grow fonder' - LIE. what kinda absence are we talking . . days, months, years??

You spend only two weeks together in a year . .so it's easy to be at your best behaviour for only those two weeks. Of course.

Spot on!!!
Re: Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) by ekel101: 6:48pm On Aug 30, 2011
Long distance relationship is so crazy, in the sense that you dont have a choice u just got to believe everything she says if you no won get hypertension.
Re: Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) by pendo89(f): 7:25pm On Aug 30, 2011
I would 'hesitate' to enter into one if the locations were Alaska and Joberg.
Also depends on several factors including ability/willingness to relocate if you intend to make it permanent.Lots to consider there as well.
Anything short of that is a waste of emotions and time.
Good to be realistic even when dating
Re: Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) by igetsbizy(m): 7:40pm On Aug 30, 2011
Ekel101 I tell you! No choice than to believe oh! That's what scares me the most,
Re: Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) by 195(f): 10:27pm On Aug 30, 2011
igetsbizy:

For those of you who are in long distance relationships or has experienced one in the past. I just wanna hear your experiences/opinions. I just got into one and its all kind of new to me and I really want to make it work.

embarassed embarassed
Re: Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) by Lax75(m): 11:52pm On Aug 30, 2011
@ OP, don't do it! She WILL creep around on you. I PROMISE you!
Re: Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) by claremont(m): 11:54pm On Aug 30, 2011
No pros whatsoever, it's cons all the way! cool
Re: Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) by MrsChima(f): 1:08am On Aug 31, 2011
kokoye:

It was painful huh suga? Let it out some more. kiss
Re: Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) by amblors(m): 6:02am On Aug 31, 2011
Mr @OP Firstly, there are no pros only cons @least thats the way i see it.
except you're saying giving yourself space is a "pro" 1 month is too much space.
so cons.

This one your username is "igetsbizy" ope say you go find time call?
since you can't see each other "communication" is the best friend of the "long distance relationship victim".
If you can't do that, then just forget about it.
problem is it could start of well, then one person begins to slack,
depending on the girls age and pressure she mayb begin to hunt for some1 else as she's not sure you'll return
after all babes full for where you dey.

I guess distrust could creep in.
non-chalance
the list plenty sha

but if you can communicate well, thats a big one doesn't mean it would stick but it does help.
Re: Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) by malaria(f): 6:06am On Aug 31, 2011
Singing with u is where i'd rather be,buh we are stuck where we are.dis long distance is kiling me.
Op u neva knw d person wy dy beside u,na d one wy come dy far u go knw.
Re: Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) by malaria(f): 6:07am On Aug 31, 2011
Singing with u is where i'd rather be,buh we are stuck where we are.dis long distance is kiling me.
Op u neva knw d person wy dy beside u,na d one wy come dy far u go knw.
Re: Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) by Ishilove: 7:35am On Aug 31, 2011
@poster. I'm currently involved in one,but i must confess it's hard,so so hard. I and my boyfriend became serious before distance became an issue however. There are times when i just want more than anything in the world to hold my baby's hands,behold his rugged albeit sweet face,his dimpled smile, i look round and he isn't there because he's 800kms away. Its affecting him even more,but the distance has made us love each other more. We talk everyday over the phone,exchange txt msgs,chat on facebook etc.
I wouldn't advice long distance relationships if the love and trust isn't strong,and if you or ur partner aren't pychologically mature enuf to handle it. You'd lose interest pretty quickly if this is the case. The key to making a LDR work is effective COMMUNICATION. U guys aren't close by so the telephone and internet becomes ur only tool of bridging the physical gap btwn you two. If regular couples talk 2 times a day over the fone,u and ur partner have to talk double that time. I haven't seen my baby in 7mths but i am able to cope a lil bit becos of constant communication. We talk like 6 or 7 times a day over the phone,chat endlessly on facebook and he's planning on coming down to Lasgidi next month to come meet my folks {he lives in Benue}.
All in all,its hard,buh if the love and trust is there and both sides are willing to sacrifice,and it just might work
Re: Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) by Cuddlemii: 8:23am On Aug 31, 2011
Ishilove:

@poster. I'm currently involved in one,but i must confess it's hard,so so hard. I and my boyfriend became serious before distance became an issue however. There are times when i just want more than anything in the world to hold my baby's hands,behold his rugged albeit sweet face,his dimpled smile, i look round and he isn't there because he's 800kms away. Its affecting him even more,but the distance has made us love each other more. We talk everyday over the phone,exchange txt msgs,chat on facebook etc.
I wouldn't advice long distance relationships if the love and trust isn't strong,and if you or your partner aren't pychologically mature enuf to handle it. You'd lose interest pretty quickly if this is the case. The key to making a LDR work is effective COMMUNICATION. U guys aren't close by so the telephone and internet becomes your only tool of bridging the physical gap btwn you two. If regular couples talk 2 times a day over the fone,u and your partner have to talk double that time. I haven't seen my baby in 7mths but i am able to cope a lil bit becos of constant communication. We talk like 6 or 7 times a day over the phone,chat endlessly on facebook and he's planning on coming down to Lasgidi next month to come meet my folks {he lives in Benue}.
All in all,its hard,buh if the love and trust is there and both sides are willing to sacrifice,and it just might work

Hiss Lagos to Benue is not distance na. Just in Naija here na im you give all these explanation. We are talking about Lagos to UK or Canada or US or India or Dubai, only then can you brag about coping with LDR. If you want him so bad, a bus or flight would get you to him that same day & it wont cost you much. Yours is very OK & so normal. Couples are posted to separate states in Naija na for work so its no biggy.
Re: Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) by ebonyvibe(f): 9:03am On Aug 31, 2011
both party are liars
Re: Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) by Agluvs9ja(f): 9:13am On Aug 31, 2011
Plenty of Communication + trust + phone intimacy (if it rily bites) works just fine, Trust me, i've been in one for 7years now, Initially it was rily hard, cus then he was tryin 2 find his feet, The week i take his call thrice, i count as lucky 4 me, Plus i didnt even see him 4 three years, But after then things turned around for him(us). He started comin home every xmas nd stay 4 three months, Even better now cus he stayed 4 six months this time, What i'm tryin 2 say is U have 2 be ready mentally 2 go wit d LDR for it 2 rily work out, For me i was prepared, and closed my ears to people who kept tellin me he was gonna meet some other gals over there, Well he didnt, and he's still as committed to our relationship as he was 10years ago (i'm still in my 20s so dont think im old), He told me these magical words d day he left" dont worry about anything, cus u will forget this pain u feel right now, jus be urself 4 me and believe that you are all i have", I believed him, trusted his words and took my chance, It worked jus fine for me.

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 31, 2011
Hiss Lagos to Benue is not distance na. Just in Naija here na im you give all these explanation. We are talking about Lagos to UK or Canada or US or India or Dubai, only then can you brag about coping with LDR. If you want him so bad, a bus or flight would get you to him that same day & it wont cost you much. Yours is very OK & so normal. Couples are posted to separate states in Naija na for work so its no biggy.

HELL to the NO! In as much as the emotions felt are the same, LDR is LDR! What's the difference? She stays in BENUE and i havent seen her in 7 months! She stays in UK and i haven't seen her in 7 months! DISTANCE IS DISTANCE! Calls, text messaging, and facebook chat are all APPLICABLE! I'm yet to see the difference! How many hours would a bus take to get to BENUE STATE? I can categorically tell you, that it takes LONGER to get to BENUE STATE frm LAGOS by BUS than to get to UK frm LAGOS by AIR!
Re: Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) by Merc: 10:05am On Aug 31, 2011
The relationship is doomed to fail from start. The parties involved must be pretty good liars too. Even when couples are together it takes 'good marking' to keep faith with one another not to talk of being miles apart. The relationship will only work if you have both decided to take the sexual pressure off yourselves and sleep with other people. Open marriage in this case but remember, it is all deceit. In fact the other name for "Long Distance Relationship" is DECEIT. How did i know all these stuffs? I was once into one and it ended up disastrously.
sad
Re: Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) by Ishilove: 10:49am On Aug 31, 2011
Agluvs9ja:

Plenty of Communication + trust + phone intimacy (if it rily bites) works just fine, Trust me, i've been in one for 7years now, Initially it was rily hard, cus then he was tryin 2 find his feet, The week i take his call thrice, i count as lucky 4 me, Plus i didnt even see him 4 three years, But after then things turned around for him(us). He started comin home every xmas nd stay 4 three months, Even better now cus he stayed 4 six months this time, What i'm tryin 2 say is U have 2 be ready mentally 2 go wit d LDR for it 2 rily work out, For me i was prepared, and closed my ears to people who kept tellin me he was gonna meet some other gals over there, Well he didnt, and he's still as committed to our relationship as he was 10years ago (i'm still in my 20s so dont think im old), He told me these magical words d day he left" dont worry about anything, cus u will forget this pain u feel right now, jus be urself 4 me and believe that you are all i have", I believed him, trusted his words and took my chance, It worked jus fine for me.
O mi Gawd this is EXACTLY what we are facing now. It's hard right now because my boyfriend is also still struggling to find his feet. If not for finance he prolly would have been comin over every other month. And Sexkillz is right,Lag to Benue is a 13hr journey. We trust each other a great deal,tho his friends have been filling his ears with horror stories of the evils "Lagos girls" commit. You have to be mentally prepared,physologically prepared and be commited for a LDR to work. @Merc. Jus cos it didn't work for you bro dosen't mean it hasn't been working for others
Re: Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) by igetsbizy(m): 10:57am On Aug 31, 2011
I just see all these posts and I'm like wowww, My relationship is childsplay compared to the ones most of you are in. Well, mine is just 2 months oldbut we've been friends for almost a year before we started and its abuja to benin self! And I'm a corper trying to get myself together and she's still a student. Y'all have been really helpful, Hopefully the post will help some other peeps,
Re: Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) by Ishilove: 10:59am On Aug 31, 2011
sexkillz:

HELL to the NO! In as much as the emotions felt are the same, LDR is LDR! What's the difference? She stays in BENUE and i havent seen her in 7 months! She stays in UK and i haven't seen her in 7 months! DISTANCE IS DISTANCE! Calls, text messaging, and facebook chat are all APPLICABLE! I'm yet to see the difference! How many hours would a bus take to get to BENUE STATE? I can categorically tell you, that it takes LONGER to get to BENUE STATE frm LAGOS by BUS than to get to UK frm LAGOS by AIR!
Spot on bro
Re: Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) by IbroSaunks(m): 12:30pm On Aug 31, 2011
kokoye:

#GBAM, cos after a while u just get tired of the whole thing and ull start meeting cooler people and that can lead to confusion, but if u guys became serious before the distance set it, there could actually be a chance,
Re: Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) by veron007: 1:11pm On Aug 31, 2011

'Absence makes the heart grow fonder' - LIE.  what kinda absence are we talking . . days, months, years??

Re: Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) by cabana(m): 1:51pm On Aug 31, 2011
I was in a long distance r/ship 3 years ago. It lasted for 18 months only. The distance was btw Lagos and Abuja. We both were too busy for each other though and It finally didn't work out. Now i have another perception wrt Long Distance R/Ships.
Re: Long Distance Relationships (pros & Cons) by bravedude(m): 3:26pm On Aug 31, 2011
Depend on the miles you calld distance,wen ur partner is based in the island and u are @ ikeja,wud u consider dat a long distance relationship?Please we shud alwaz b straight wit our post.
Now my advice,if d word trust is there,a long distanc relationship wud definitely workout.I'm a victim n it's working 4 me, Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Signs A Guy Is A Virgin / 6 DISGUSTING Things That Happen When He Sucks Your Boobs. (naughty Friday 18+) / How Can A Ugly Boy Attract A Nice/beautiful Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.