Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships (22866 Views)

5 Ways Men Can overcome the act of Philandering. / The Pains Of A Busty Lady. / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by bizmogul(m): 1:21pm On Sep 18, 2012
Are you in a distance relationship? Do you worry about calling it quits but you love this person and can't let go? Your survival in a distance relationship depends on how the relationship got started. For example I spent some time together with my girlfriend in school before I graduated and we got separated by distance. Distance relationships could be very painful and tiring but in order to sustain it you need to apply the following.

1. There must be genuine love: I love my girl so much, right from the outset and she loves me in return despite the fact am not rich this has been the core of our relationship. Each time we talk about the past and how memorable it was being together the memories keep us alive.

2. Trust: without trust distance relationship goes dead. Trust issues begin to come up when one party begins to act differently, like myself I erased my thoughts from ‎thinking my girl has someone else; I don't think about it no matter what, it’s not a perfect relationship but because we trust each other we keep going on and on.

3. Don't Listen To Friends: friends sure have a way of destroying distance relationships. I remember the times when I sit over a drink with a couple of friends, they make me feel like a loser, they make me feel like a complete idiot, asking questions like do you know what she is doing now? Maybe she is having fun with some other guy while you are here being the good guy. I almost fell for all that, it almost ruined my relationship but as I earlier said, trust is what keeps me going.

4. Regular communication: keep in touch at all times, say sweet things you will normally say to her, don't let her feel you are ever tired, with various communication gadgets blackberry, facebook, mobile phone, skype communication has been made easier.

5. Send a surprise gift from a distance: you know where she stays? You could courier a package to her with a recent picture from you, a hand written note and some gift items. It helps.

I will stop for now, more updates coming soon.

36 Likes

Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by fashizie(m): 2:45pm On Sep 18, 2012
Risky venture
Works in 1 outa 50 cases.
When i say" works" i mean the ones that both parties dont screw n frolick in deciet
Ha first to coment.first time to achieve dis feat.can i get a first congratulation

2 Likes

Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by SlyIg(f): 2:53pm On Sep 18, 2012
Ado akpaniko...

3 Likes

Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by Sijo01(f): 2:53pm On Sep 18, 2012
If maturity is not involved in what you listed @op, its zero.........It takes matured minds to survive a distance relationship.......... Its can be the best if you can handle it....... I use to believe strongly on it till he screwed up.

2 Likes

Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by emcemayo: 2:55pm On Sep 18, 2012
I am in one as I write and quiting has never been on my mind, even though we will insh'llah be getting married in d first quarter of next year. Long distance relationship is not for everybody if you know you can't scale through no point, just pull out. As 4 me it helps me focus on other things and it very much keeps pre- marital sex @ bay. Ya!!!

13 Likes

Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by ritze(m): 3:00pm On Sep 18, 2012
emcemayo: I am in one as I write and quiting has never been on my mind, even though we will insh'llah be getting married in d first quarter of next year. Long distance relationship is not for everybody if you know you can't scale through no point, just pull out. As 4 me it helps me focus on other things and it very much keeps pre- marital sex @ bay. Ya!!!

Am in one as well
we are gtn married mid next year
its a tin of d mind

5 Likes

Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by Bella3(f): 3:04pm On Sep 18, 2012
It prevents pre marital sex, so its vry good even though am nt in one.

3 Likes

Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by sexyglow(f): 3:07pm On Sep 18, 2012
Hmm..am learining.@ op does this work in marriage also,in a situation where hubby and wify work and live far from each other?
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by Eneze1(f): 3:09pm On Sep 18, 2012
its easier said than done unless both parties are matured minds and have the fear of God.
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by Pysam(m): 3:10pm On Sep 18, 2012
Its cool for the matured mind .I m in one and its bein gr8
Even though I and my baby were scared @ the beginning but its almost a year nw @ post you re very correct.cos those re the rules that bind us together.
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 18, 2012
The guy is at one end shaggging another girl while his girlfriend at the other end is shagging another boy. . . . .i think distance relationship is an aggregate of confusion and an energy-demanding task.

5 Likes

Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by Treasure10: 3:28pm On Sep 18, 2012
I am in one, and I its hasn’t been easy to begin with, but its shows the strength or our love for each other. We look forward to seeing each other every 3/4months. Communication is vital and it keeps things flowing. Initially it was extremely difficult for me, but then I had a chat with my colleague. Her bf is somewhere on sea in the navy, they communicate if lucky twice a month. They both find it hard yet they are looking forward to spending there rest of their lives together. I quickly realised how lucky I am and began to appreciate my relationship for what it is - genuine love.

2 Likes

Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 18, 2012
smileyI strongly believe that it is a thing of the mind(maturity). Was in one and it did not work out cos of lack of communication on his part... And am in another now and am enjoying it smiley smiley
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by obicentlis: 3:31pm On Sep 18, 2012
Hmmmmm..... its not easy ooo. Even in marriage,but what Keeps it going is trust ,maturity and most
importantly genuine love. But beta prepare ya mind for gradual and mild separation if not handled carefully.
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by Mzflakkie(f): 3:33pm On Sep 18, 2012
Seriously, it takes d grace of God. I'm in one as I write dis,wen he traveled he called atleast 3times in a week nd i do call him,we always chat on BBM,I lost ma fone 4 mnths ago,I noticed he stopped callin,if I called him he wouldn't pickup his call. Plz advice me cos I don't knw wat to do
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 18, 2012
Mzflakkie: Seriously, it takes d grace of God. I'm in one as I write dis,wen he traveled he called atleast 3times in a week nd i do call him,we always chat on BBM,I lost ma fone 4 mnths ago,I noticed he stopped callin,if I called him he wouldn't pickup his call. Plz advice me cos I don't knw wat to do

he doesn't pick your clls at all?
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by 2morrow: 3:38pm On Sep 18, 2012
grin distance relationship doesn't work at all only if the both party are ready to lie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by Elueme: 3:42pm On Sep 18, 2012
I was an ardent believer of a distance relationship working but am fast changing my take on it. Maybe it could work when your relationship had rooted before he/ she travelled but for a nascent relationship? It will take God's grace..just a personnnal experience.

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by Duxe(f): 3:43pm On Sep 18, 2012
Hehehe..! You guys are trying, i must say! That tin no be beans o..kudos 2 u guys!

Tried twice..didnt work out. Good post though, might be needing it soon!!

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by soledadd: 3:54pm On Sep 18, 2012
Op i don't think its right for you now to feel that nothing can affect your relationship. You are not yet married. There are situations that may arise naturally which may change everything. We are in the world of realities.Till you get there, then you can tell us. It only takes the grace of God for you to get there, if two of you are meant to be together. Although you are right in your post but what worked for you may not work for another. It only takes God and determination on your part.
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by ddim22: 3:55pm On Sep 18, 2012
emcemayo: I am in one as I write and quiting has never been on my mind, even though we will insh'llah be getting married in d first quarter of next year. Long distance relationship is not for everybody if you know you can't scale through no point, just pull out. As 4 me it helps me focus on other things and it very much keeps pre- marital sex @ bay. Ya!!!
Why are you running away from pre-marital sex.Are you a virgin?

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by ajlofty: 4:00pm On Sep 18, 2012
men,it is not an easy stuff but one can still cope if ur income history is reasonable and constant which can make u visit her tym to tym or d oda way round.bt if ur not having any cash on u my bros them e go hadoo cos even calls na money too sooo na u no how u go dey do am

2 Likes

Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by opoke(m): 4:14pm On Sep 18, 2012
2morrow, I quit agree with u, Its only and only if both parties are ready to accept lies without minding the consequence.
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by adaptor4all: 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2012
It is as easy as it is difficult..am telling you..1difficult aspect in distance relatnshp is in making up after breaking up..even midnite call fit no work
Generly speaking,d possibility f dis kinda relationship is a function of choice..ur mind no dey dia,piante..as in,RUN
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by bblacky(f): 4:22pm On Sep 18, 2012
@poster u got dem correct buh ts al a case of matured minds playin d rules...am in one and must say t aint easy oooo....buh true s i am focused
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by destinedtee(m): 4:24pm On Sep 18, 2012
~Bluetooth:

The guy is at one end shaggging another girl while his girlfriend at the other end is shagging another boy. . . . .i think distance relationship is an aggregate of confusion and an energy-demanding task.
You are who u are whether your partner is near or a million miles away.If u are not trustworthy,u wl still cheat on her even if she lives on the same street wt u and if u are faithful and trustworthy,u will still be even if she is not there wt u.Come to think of it sir,we have married men who live under d same roof wt their spouses but still cheat on them outside.So it is not a question of distance but of trust and maturity.Thanks sir.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by soulamanne(m): 4:41pm On Sep 18, 2012
The rules are on point;they form the basis of such a relationship.but in addition to that,a distance relationship must be well grounded before the separation.and like someone said,there should the parties must have some cash to back it up cos it is financially demanding(phone calls and travelling).am in one for 2yrs now and so far so good.but what ve found out is a good percentage of people are in such.even married couples.this is attributed to the fact that a living must be eked out.
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by prettyboi1(m): 4:54pm On Sep 18, 2012
@ bizMogul......I am in one too & every single thing you wrote up there I can relate to. Particularly, the one of friends trying to talk you off: "you dey here dey form love,ur chick go dey nack another person." It never moves me,my chick & I are no saints,we could fall,but we have the "honesty policy" condition going on whereby if we ever stray or cheat,let's talk about it. It may not have been 100% perfect, but it has helped us a super-great deal in our 4+ years relationship. Thank God.
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by belemzy: 4:54pm On Sep 18, 2012
Just broke up from a distance relationship. Well he started lossing trust when i got a job in 5 star Hotel in Abuja. He started calling like mad, and when ever i don't take his calls, it becomes an issue. @ a point i couldn't handle it any longer so i called it off.
Re: How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships by kasheemawo(m): 4:57pm On Sep 18, 2012
am also in a distance relationship of 6 years now and we are getting marry soon.you have to trust each other for the sustainability of distance relationship. GBAM

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / What Do I Do, My Best Friend Wants Me To Sleep With Her / Can Guys Ever Be Faithful?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.