Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,090 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car (42310 Views)

Another Truck Has Rammed Into The Ojuelegba Barrier. / 3 Siblings Die After A Truck Rammed Into Their Mother's Shop In Ondo (Graphic) / Toyota Venza Rammed Into Lady’s Shop In Asaba. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car by puremaker7(m): 11:38am On Dec 16, 2022
Smithkafors:
I don’t get it….what is she doing in the car at that moment?. Why is she not moving the car?.

Why are there no demarcations to stop cars from crossing when a train is approaching?.

Why did the train not stop?.

This country is finished and some young people that can’t differentiate their left from their right wants to finish it totally.

If una like no vote competent leaders who is agile to move around the country and speak directly to the people. Go vote Dubai or UK unhealthy landlords.
mumu man, train applying brake? Typical obidiottty

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car by HenryWilliams(m): 11:39am On Dec 16, 2022
kingi777:
According to a brother who is a Bolt driver that went to Chikakore, Kubwa to pick a client and witnessed the incidence, the woman heard the horn of the train and was probably trying to cross over fast before the approaching train but unfortunately for her, the car got magnetised; she tried to remove seat belt after opening the car door but it got hooked before the train rammed her car. He also said the woman was carrying someone at the back who opened the car door and escaped.

No rail line in Nigeria is magnetic as at today.
Get that clear..
No be today cars and trucks drive over rail lines..

Your story doesn't add up .

According to the video, there was enough time for the woman to get out of her car if she really wanted to.. at least 30 secs elapsed during the first train horn and the crash .

Your theory holds no water.

The woman wanted to die...
Re: Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car by Diamondniyi(m): 11:39am On Dec 16, 2022
She was probably playing a loud music in the car with glass winded up. As the train was approaching, she didn’t hear the horn because of the volume of the music. You all should note that, when a train is closer, there is a magnetic force which holds the car down.. (probably she didn’t know that and she was trying to start and move the car by force). When she realized there was a train coming, she immediately opened the car door but then, it’ was late.
That’s my own perspective
Re: Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car by TrumpDonald2: 11:40am On Dec 16, 2022
thisweekng:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phZ2nNFolN8

This is the moment when the Abuja- Kaduna train rammed into a car that was on the tracks on Thursday.

The driver of the car was a woman named Hajia Selimat Idowu, who resides in the Chikakore community in Zone E, Abuja. She has been confirmed dead.

Is the car a manual drive? If yes, probably the car switched off and she was trying to start the car again.
But I think she must have been there for long to make the person to start recording. That means she was attempting suicide, had a change of mind when it was already late.
Re: Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car by jamesbridget13(f): 11:40am On Dec 16, 2022
It's obviously a suicide mission. She got her mind made up sadly
Re: Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car by Positiveme2020: 11:41am On Dec 16, 2022
Chidibe212:

This looks like suicide to me..

First clue- The front door was exactly on the track

Second clue- She opened the door SECONDS before the train rammed. Like why would you want to open the door seconds before an impeding rampage you are aware of?

Third clue- Passerbys must have tried to assist, talk to her or bring her out but she must have resisted/refused by either locking her car door or something.

Fourth Clue- Even if the car broke down on the tracks, it can be put on neutral gear and pushed away by passerbys who could be willing to save a life.

In my opinion, this was self suicidal.

PS: Eyewitnesses are good o but I think we have lost the sense of savings lives. We have resorted to taking pictures/videos of before and after a death or an accident scene. It's so pathetic honestly. If you can't talk to a depressed person that is suicidal (Because you can never understand their situation) then use either minimal or hard force to restrain such person from commiting such act because at that moment of suicide the victims mind is not 100% made up.

DEPRESSION IS REAL & IT'S NOT SORTED OUT THROUGH CHATS OR PHONE CALLS. Be there IN PERSON to assist the victim.

I agreed with all your wrote.
Re: Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car by LordKushmann(m): 11:47am On Dec 16, 2022
kekakuz:
While growing up, our father's told us that the reason people get stuked in train track is because of a magnetic force. Honestly it's looking like that now

I have heard this too in Umuahia when train ran over somebody at Ishigate back in the days

Dem say na magnet hold am for there and i couldn't help but wonder the human body could be so magnetized when we are not made of metal.
Re: Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car by RichAbujaGuy: 11:49am On Dec 16, 2022
anoda fake skit. tiktok mentality done took over the brains of millions of ppl and gullible viewers that consume the nonsense.
Re: Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car by Tycyborg(m): 11:50am On Dec 16, 2022
Chinjo2:

Bro did I hear you say why did the train not apply brakes? Do you think train is Okada?

You even have time quoting and educated illiterate that knows nothing... You can see him asking stupid question like he is a toddler... How can you say the family will sue FG for a woman standing on a train track with all vibration and that loud horn... Rather it should even be the FG sueing the family because the one single person obstructed a path way for another vehiclar movement and endangered other occupants life.
Re: Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car by Emdebby2: 12:01pm On Dec 16, 2022
This was intentional. She purposely committed suicide.
Re: Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car by Tycyborg(m): 12:04pm On Dec 16, 2022
Septagon:
Some naira land members are too dumb sha.someone asked y the train didn't stop instead of u guys to provide reasons to him,u guys resorted to insults and the worst is that you focused on that point, forgetting other valid ones he raised.copy copy mu.mus.some times I pity the schs u guys graduated from.

What other valid point did he make? He was sounding like a toddler and if this forum were for kids it would have been understandable... First no adult will ask such that why would the train not stop except someone who lives under the stone and secondly I hate the fact someone compare other country with ones country... It's like telling your son my neighbors son is better than you... It reeks of self hatred and it's so downgrading . If I come to tell you that there is an invincible bridge in the sky that plane ply will you try explaining to me? And if you do then you .just insane or have a low IQ.
Sacarsm is the best answer to stupid question not explanation
Re: Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car by Kobicove(m): 12:08pm On Dec 16, 2022
spinna:
Why is there no railway crossing .this is crazy

Why didn't she run out of the car .

Cameraman had one job and failed

Her family can cash out suing the federal railway for negligence.. there should be a warning bell and gate etc.

What you should be asking is why her car was parked on the rail tracks?
Re: Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car by Nursepepeye(f): 12:25pm On Dec 16, 2022
Smithkafors:
I don’t get it….what is she doing in the car at that moment?. Why is she not moving the car?.

Why are there no demarcations to stop cars from crossing when a train is approaching?.

This country is finished and some young people that can’t differentiate their left from their right wants to finish it totally.

If una like no vote competent leaders who is agile to move around the country and speak directly to the people. Go vote Dubai or UK unhealthy landlords.
Are you serious right now? You are asking Why did train not stop. That's brain dead question
Re: Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car by Offpoint1: 12:40pm On Dec 16, 2022
Smithkafors:

Train stop? lol, train was not designed to stop like bicycle.
Re: Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car by BennyDGreat: 12:47pm On Dec 16, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Greetings Brother

I greet you my oga...how's the family and work
Re: Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car by cayorday89(m): 12:58pm On Dec 16, 2022
kekakuz:
While growing up, our father's told us that the reason people get stuked in train track is because of a magnetic force. Honestly it's looking like that now
My thought also but we need to be informed if that was the case here...

Smithkafors:

Oga, the train stopping is like trying to save one soul for the lives of many as stopping abruptly will make the coaches to hit themselves and more fatal.
Re: Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 16, 2022
dabigwalls:
Explain to me please

quote author=omale88 post=119190834]its called an accidental suicide, victims making their death look like an accident so they are honoured instead of the latter.its obvious she was in a mess only death could make her escape the life torturing moments she could face,but there is no quiting the universe if she ain't done getting what she wants with you.those who know know.
meaning some people make their death look unintentional to preserve their reputation,as for the other part it means death is not an escape,the universe has parallel duplicate of every creation and they are all linked,most of your dreams are influenced by the connection between you and your doubles across the universe for data accumulation and collection,so if one double perishes the network isnt instructed from the other doubles,this means upon death,what should be a dream world become your reality without you knowing the difference, death can only happen to you when the universe is done with what data it needs from you,then it is stored in dark matter as material to help make updates for another universe.similar way black holes replace stars to shoot back energy into dark matter after a supernova.

1 Like

Re: Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car by luluman: 1:25pm On Dec 16, 2022
Smithkafors:

Dont end up appearing dumb when you try to show intelligence: 1) Not every rural railway crossings carry the Stop sign

2. Perhaps you are ignorant of the fact that a train at at that speed is not like a car and can't not suddenly stop even if it uses the brakes.
3. Surprisingly many ignorant one like you gave you likes to your comment.
4. Even during the best Nigerian Leaders there was railroad crash with cars
5.Be informed that in any railway crossing the train has the right of way. Learn not to talk too much
Re: Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car by luluman: 1:33pm On Dec 16, 2022
spinna:

Her family can cash out suing the federal railway for negligence.. there should be a warning bell and gate etc.
Mr too know just shut up already. Why didn't you also think the train engineer suspected a plot to hijack it & refuse to stop.

1 Like

Re: Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car by Centurion101: 1:40pm On Dec 16, 2022
WibusJaga:

Looks like she tried to cross the track
The car got stuck
Fear took over & she panicked (intense fear can paralyse brain functioning)
Then she realised the danger too late
&the rest is history.

But the camera man no try at all. The time he spent doing video coverage would have been used to shout warnings to the woman & possibly attempt a rescue. shocked

Warnings?, What're you even saying,is she blind and deaf, can't she hear the horns and see the train coming towards her, why did she stay put when she could have just left and saved herself,are you going to blame an apparent suicide on random passerbys.
And no you don't get paralysis from fear in this case,your attempt at flight is increased ten fold and you become even stronger than usual when you're facing a painful death,in her case she actually wanted to die it seems
Re: Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car by Centurion101: 1:43pm On Dec 16, 2022
Smithkafors:

Ignorant people full this platform sha,why did a train not stop,do you even know how trains work,you think it's a car or a bus, do you know how many minutes it takes for the brake to activate something as huge as a train
Re: Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car by Centurion101: 1:52pm On Dec 16, 2022
spinna:

Sue them for what, you ignorant folks don't even know how the law works,who sent her to Cross a rail line with a car,why didn't she get out of there when she heard the train coming, is she blind or deaf,or is the government responsibility for giving you common sense too
Re: Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car by Centurion101: 1:55pm On Dec 16, 2022
jhubril:
She could have just jumped to the back seat as that would have offered her a narrow escape. May her S RIP
Jumped to the back seat for what,the car has 4 exit doors, do you think they are for decorations
Re: Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car by toprealman: 1:57pm On Dec 16, 2022
spinna:

Why did the train not stop?
Some should please tell OP why.
Re: Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car by Centurion101: 1:59pm On Dec 16, 2022
Passionate1:

It's called Railway barrier or Level crossing barrier.
Naija leaders stupidity na your mate.
Una sef gan no wise reach those people you call mumu,how many barriers do you think train tracks have,how do you know that track doesn't have a barrier, how do you where the tracks barrier is placed,cos what you've seen in probably 1% of the whole track.
Re: Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car by stamapro(m): 2:08pm On Dec 16, 2022
So many questions begging for answers, the camera man filmed the scene as if expecting this to happen, I will love to know what happened or was transpiring before the accident, there lays our answers. Even if the car engine knocked on the train rails, she had the option of walking away. If she could opened the door, she could have ran out. Or is she a cripple?
Re: Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car by mediclife1987(m): 2:32pm On Dec 16, 2022
almarthins:

This look like a suicide.

That tail track is extremely difficult to dermacate meen...
Re: Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car by babajero(m): 2:34pm On Dec 16, 2022
spinna:

they should sue the government for their daughter obviously committing suicide?
Re: Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car by jhubril(m): 3:06pm On Dec 16, 2022
Centurion101:

Jumped to the back seat for what,the car has 4 exit doors, do you think they are for decorations
Her survival instinct could give her the speed and temerity to act fast and swing . Think about this . Maybe she was carried away and failed to notice the approaching train
Re: Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car by Centurion101: 3:13pm On Dec 16, 2022
jhubril:

Her survival instinct could give her the speed and temerity to act fast and swing . Think about this . Maybe she was carried away and failed to notice the approaching train
Bro she wanted to die, it's Linda obvious,there is no Way her survival instinct wouldn't have activated flight in that position,she would be gone, I've seen cripples run as fast as nondisabled people upon hearing gunshots
Re: Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car by Passionate1(m): 3:15pm On Dec 16, 2022
Centurion101:

Una sef gan no wise reach those people you call mumu,how many barriers do you think train tracks have,how do you know that track doesn't have a barrier, how do you where the tracks barrier is placed,cos what you've seen in probably 1% of the whole track.

Shaking my head in disbelief. .What part of the world do you live in?
Have u ever seen a Railway barrier in Nigeria. .
Re: Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car by TheChameleon: 3:35pm On Dec 16, 2022
Septagon:
Some naira land members are too dumb sha.someone asked y the train didn't stop instead of u guys to provide reasons to him,u guys resorted to insults and the worst is that you focused on that point, forgetting other valid ones he raised.copy copy mu.mus.some times I pity the schs u guys graduated from.

Actually you are just as unintelligent as the Smithkafors guy.

I can bet you are both miracle center graduates.

Summarize this story in 3 sentences ..... then a sentence.

If you do that and you mention the Government, then you will fail any exam. So the Smithkafor was just rambling stupidly and totally off point.

cc Tycyborg, nursepepeye, luluman. That Smithkafors comment was so daft. I am ashamed that more than 200 mor0ns agreed with it.

No wonder Nigeria is in a sorry state.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

187 Nigerians Return, South Africa Employs Rules To Stop Others / Oyinbo Man In Nigeria Gushes About Mobile Policemen Protecting Him (Pic / 12 People Killed In Fatal Car Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.