Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Igbodefender Asks For Anioma State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbodefender Asks For Anioma State (1493 Views)

Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State / The Next Gold Rush May Happen In Ebonyi State, Nigeria- Igbodefender.com / The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbodefender Asks For Anioma State by bellten: 5:01am On Aug 31, 2011
http://igbodefender.com/2011/07/20/the-6th-igbo-state-must-be-anioma-state/

"Igboland doesn’t end at the mouth of the River Niger. It extends to encompass the Anioma (Igbo) part of Delta State.
Across the polity, there is now a wide acceptance of the need for a sixth Igbo state. As a consequence, several political groups from the South East have been angling for their localities to be carved out as this new state. These moves are not advisable. What Ndigbo need now is an Anioma State, west of the Niger.

At least, the Igbos from the South East have internal autonomy, and the chance to develop themselves to an extent. The Anioma people don’t. For instance, they have never produced a governor in Delta State, despite the rich array of administrative talents they posses. They must be given their own chance. They cannot be left to wallow in neglect forever.

The Rivers State Igbos are doing well, so we don’t need to worry about them. But we must save the Anioma people. They are one of us.

I am talking of the land of Olaudah Ekwuano and Chukwuma Nzeogu.They are one of us."
Re: Igbodefender Asks For Anioma State by Yeske2(m): 8:38am On Aug 31, 2011
The creation of Anioma state is long overdue which should and must be supported by Ndigbo from other GP zones but would Anioma be included in the SE or remain in the SS as remaining in the SS with no creation of additional states in the SE short-changes the SE at the federal level- allocation, legislators etc. Anioma + SE is 6states, Anioma + SS is 7states
Re: Igbodefender Asks For Anioma State by Abagworo(m): 8:48am On Aug 31, 2011
Yeske!:

The creation of Anioma state is long overdue which should and must be supported by Ndigbo from other GP zones but would Anioma be included in the SE or remain in the SS as remaining in the SS with no creation of additional states in the SE short-changes the SE at the federal level- allocation, legislators etc. Anioma + SE is 6states, Anioma + SS is 7states

I think Anioma will be merged with the SE and will be called South central which is a more correct name.My own problem is with the inclusion of Agbo in the proposed Anioma State.I think Anioma should start from Igbodo and should only include proud Igbos and not those with identity crisis.
Re: Igbodefender Asks For Anioma State by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:53am On Aug 31, 2011
[size=18pt]SOUTH/SOUTH ALREADY HAS SIX STATES. DELTA IGBO SHOULD AGITATE FOR THE GOVERNORSHIP IN 2015 NOT STATE CREATION FROM DELTA. THE MIXTURE OF CULTURE IS A WELCOMED BONUS FOR NIGERIANS AND DELTA.[/size]

SOUTHEAST STATE CREATION OF OHIMILI IS ONLY TO ENSURE ALL GEOPOLITICAL ZONES HAVE SIX STATE EACH.
Re: Igbodefender Asks For Anioma State by mbatuku1: 10:15am On Aug 31, 2011
^^^

The so-called 'true deltans' are seriously looking for a way to kick them out. What compounds to that problem is their own disunity. I still dont understand how a people with the highest number of LGAs(majority) in a state will be playing second fiddle in it's politics.

Anyway, if it is happens that they become ceded to the SE, we welcome them with open arms. Ofu nwanne ka anyi bu!

Abagworo:

I think Anioma will be merged with the SE and will be called South central which is a more correct name.My own problem is with the inclusion of Agbo in the proposed Anioma State.I think Anioma should start from Igbodo and should only include proud Igbos and not those with identity crisis.

They are very close to Edo state geographically. They can be easily moved into Edo. I think they'll feel at home then.
Re: Igbodefender Asks For Anioma State by Yeske2(m): 12:07pm On Aug 31, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

[size=18pt]SOUTH/SOUTH ALREADY HAS SIX STATES. DELTA IGBO SHOULD AGITATE FOR THE GOVERNORSHIP IN 2015 NOT STATE CREATION FROM DELTA. THE MIXTURE OF CULTURE IS A WELCOMED BONUS FOR NIGERIANS AND DELTA.[/size]

SOUTHEAST STATE CREATION OF OHIMILI IS ONLY TO ENSURE ALL GEOPOLITICAL ZONES HAVE SIX STATE EACH.
You are right with the mixture of culture stuff but is it not the same Delta state where the Urhobo, Itshekiri etc had made it clear that the Anioma people would not produce a governor but they should be contented with Asaba as the capital and the dep. gov?

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram And The Disintegration Prediction Of American Intelligence / EFCC Secret Document Exposes Fmr Imo Gov. Ohakim’s N57.9billion Financial Crimes / [Video] A Nigerian Man (an NJ Airport Security Supervisor) Used Dead Man's ID

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.