Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) (31590 Views)

Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) / Party Guests Served Food From A Hot Stove In Nigeria (Video) / Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Probz(m): 7:04pm On Dec 19, 2022
mattenny:
Which ibo get ogbono soup. Abi Edo esan tribe

Not being funny but ogbono’s an Igbo name. There’s absolutely no doubt that Idu/Bini people like it a lot as well but when some ownership thereof wants to be placed on it it might as well be called by its Edo name.
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by madridguy(m): 7:04pm On Dec 19, 2022
grin grin grin Na my very good friend. Black soup with goat meat. I nearly finished 3 wrap of semo.

baralatie:

Na who give you black soup chop
grin
The person like you o

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by malali: 7:06pm On Dec 19, 2022
Amala with ewedu and gbegiri.

If you mix it like this....it is called "Abula"

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Goldbw122(m): 7:07pm On Dec 19, 2022
Wheat, Amala, If I remember more I will type it here..

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by bobchigar(m): 7:08pm On Dec 19, 2022
I eat anything eatable from another tribes' foods. In fact, I always like to taste any food that I found eaten by different tribes.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 19, 2022
[sup][/su
Bahamas95:
Fresh catfish banger soup and starch.....The soup should be served with that traditional clay plate (ēwērè)

When you eat that food even if you nor be witch you go confess.
this ur energy no be here o grin

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by shedy03(m): 7:09pm On Dec 19, 2022
Liron:
Tea and bread.
Which tribes food is this? lol.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by FuckSilly: 7:09pm On Dec 19, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
Ewa goin
All other Afonja foods are poisonous.
E better pass OSU PIGS wey dey chop 5 days old akpu grin grin grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Ferrous(m): 7:09pm On Dec 19, 2022
Afang soup. I can even eat Afang soup every day if possible. Akwa Ibom wey sabi tongue tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by silibaba: 7:10pm On Dec 19, 2022
Urheadmaster:

Well prepared Amala and ewedu soup can make you bite off your fingers tongue

Story.

Yoruba have a long way to go especially when it comes to soup.

You can never see another tribe eating that your Amala and ewedu. You eat it yourself. Go and verify.
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Probz(m): 7:10pm On Dec 19, 2022
Anyway, all Nigerian foods that resonate with one’s tastebuds are there for the taking. Tribal origins shouldn’t really matter that much.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by wman(m): 7:11pm On Dec 19, 2022
Suya
Dankwa
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Ibime(m): 7:12pm On Dec 19, 2022
Efo riro - best thing from Yoruba land

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Brushstrokes20: 7:12pm On Dec 19, 2022
I rep West Side but oha does it for me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Bintdawood(f): 7:13pm On Dec 19, 2022
trumpcoat:
Waina or massa with miyan tauche,burasa,dambu,pete massara all these from the north then oha soup,banga soup am from ondo state though

Its gurasa not burasa grin
What about sinasir?
Am a northerner but you see danbu? I no dey use am play grin

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Bintdawood(f): 7:14pm On Dec 19, 2022
wman:
Suya
Dankwa

What is dankwa?
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by eflintsone(m): 7:15pm On Dec 19, 2022
Amala , ewedu and egunfe meat , afang , abacha with thick pkomo and smoked fish
Mehn guys try it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by osazsky(m): 7:16pm On Dec 19, 2022
igbo bitter leave soup ...as a benin guy i fit die for that soup

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Sleekfingers: 7:16pm On Dec 19, 2022
I am from the southwest . But I am in love with
this soup . And I have learned how to prepare it..

Afia Efere ( white soup )
Owo soup
Fisherman soup
Okoho soup

For appetizers l like Nkwobi

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by PrinceMajestic: 7:17pm On Dec 19, 2022
Tuo shinkafa, Tuo masara, hot awara, kuo-kuo da kose, chilled fura de nunu, ram suya pepper soup. I miss northern Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Sleekfingers: 7:19pm On Dec 19, 2022
Probz:

No. Let’s be real. Amala is one of the most useless foods going, let me tell you.

What's wrong with Amala?

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Probz(m): 7:21pm On Dec 19, 2022
Sleekfingers:

What's wrong with Amala?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying it’s an objectively bad food but it’s just not for me. Sorry.
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Probz(m): 7:22pm On Dec 19, 2022
Sleekfingers:

What's wrong with Amala?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying it’s an objectively bad food but it’s just not for me. Sorry.

Gbegiri isn’t too bad but it’s also more Nupe than anything else and I’m fairly sure they don’t take it with amala.
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by solpat(m): 7:24pm On Dec 19, 2022
Fresh fish and Banga soup with Starch , Edikaikong and hot fufu , then Ekpan kukwo.... tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Sleekfingers: 7:24pm On Dec 19, 2022
IamtheTruth1:

No be that soup them dey use broom turn?

I will pass.

You can use a blender . Mind you, the short broom is new, and it is design for that purpose.

6 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Omawumi17(f): 7:24pm On Dec 19, 2022
Afang soup( I miss that soup, I wish I can get the leaf here in Ibadan
Edikikong soup

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Oceanjagaban: 7:25pm On Dec 19, 2022
Smelling fufu and custard
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by grandstar(m): 7:25pm On Dec 19, 2022
Ogbono. afang, Edikikang, banga, suya, Ukwobi, African salad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Tenshades(m): 7:27pm On Dec 19, 2022
Fisherman soup + poundo yam
Abacha
Ogbono + yellow garri
Edikang Ikong + yellow garri
Afang + yello garri
Oha

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by DispatcherLagos: 7:28pm On Dec 19, 2022
Every tribe eats Okpa.....

Btw, if you want make I vomit, eat that Amala and ewedu close to where I am

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by SmartPolician: 7:30pm On Dec 19, 2022
shortIGBOman:
I no like Igbo People food

This boy, you get big problem oh cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

David Hundeyin Advises Nigerian Chefs On The Mad Chase For Cook-a-thon GWR / Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers / See How I Spent ₦1000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.