Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

- Crime (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / (11428 Views)

How I Was Defrauded By Palmpay App Nigeria / How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed / Osun Fuel Attendant Steals Sales Proceeds, Defrauded By Colleagues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: by Alfred74: 10:26am On Jan 31, 2023
GenderMix:

You actually sound very despicable.

Since you changed your mind, The honorable thing to have done would have been to inform him immediately that you got a better offer of 450k and that you'll like to return his 400k (plead with him). A simple explanation would have sufficed and I'm sure as a human , he may be upset but he'll allow it pass ….instead of selling it without his consent, claiming its your property like you have no deal already.

This case is very simple but you allowed greed to overtake your sense of judgement.

If you must go far in life, learn it from here that integrity and loyalty is the bedrock of sustainable relationship and let your word always be your bond. You don't know what tomorrow holds. Don't allow greed ruin future prospects. Its just an advise.

Met a spare parts seller who happens to be an igbo man,one conversation led to another and he made this statement. A businessman who has multiple businessmen as friends can never be poor if his business goes sideways unless he lacks trust and integrity.

He went on to buttress it by telling me how 95% of the goods in his shop does not belong to him. How he was ill and how the sickness ate up his capital leaving him with nothing. His friends who are in the same line of business in other states started giving him spare parts to sell on credit in order for him to get back on his feet.

He said his friends didn't send him spare parts to sell on credit just because they like him, they did it because of his trust and integrity in the past.

Guys like the seller lives in the present, they careless about what the future brings. N450k is gone,but your business name and reputation is in the mud.

6 Likes

Re: by valarinz: 12:04pm On Jan 31, 2023
GenderMix:

You actually sound very despicable.

Since you changed your mind, The honorable thing to have done would have been to inform him immediately that you got a better offer of 450k and that you'll like to return his 400k (plead with him). A simple explanation would have sufficed and I'm sure as a human , he may be upset but he'll allow it pass ….instead of selling it without his consent, claiming its your property like you have no deal already.

This case is very simple but you allowed greed to overtake your sense of judgement.

If you must go far in life, learn it from here that integrity and loyalty is the bedrock of sustainable relationship and let your word always be your bond. You don't know what tomorrow holds. Don't allow greed ruin future prospects. Its just an advise.

Or, he might have even offered to up his bid to match your needs.

1 Like

Re: by Pierced(f): 12:15pm On Jan 31, 2023
biosilicon:

Nothing unethical in what i did. I wanted 450k, read the chats. i got it and sold and refunded his money, i was so honest and open-minded i told him the truth. I could have gave some other excuse and returned his money.

I would do the same if I were in your shoes...... people criticizing u are just being over emotional.

4 Likes

Re: by Pierced(f): 12:21pm On Jan 31, 2023
What the seller did happens a lot in business.....he saw a better price for the t.v and decided to sell it. The most important thing is to refund the money to the buyer.

Even the buyer sef bought the tv because he know he could sell it at a better price. There's nothing wrong if the seller decided to make extra 50k gain.....after all he returned the money of the former buyer.

4 Likes

Re: by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:13pm On Jan 31, 2023
Pierced:

I would do the same if I were in your shoes ...... people criticizing u are just being over emotional.

https://www.nairaland.com/pierced

1 Like

Re: by Alfred74: 3:16pm On Jan 31, 2023

6 Likes

Re: by BigCowHornn: 10:02am On Feb 01, 2023
valarinz:

Lmao, marriage is not business. No one is selling or buying anyone in marriage, you goofed with this example as well.

Let me give you as clear an answer as I can give as regards your first paragraph. The business is in two phases, first phase which is the purchase of item is concluded, second phase is the storage and delivery, in this case they both didn't make any clear agreement or arrangement on that. If the item catches fire whilst in possession of the seller then the buyer will take it up so long as he was paying for the item to be kept safely for him, but In the case the seller was just doing him a favour, the it's his loss(the buyer's)

It gets interesting if buyer starts to claim the item was burnt before his money was collected(in this case he paid without inspection). When most structured businesses sells you an item, they give some grace time for pickup after which they start to charge for storage.

One thing you're agreeing to is this: whichever direction it takes, both buyer and seller must come to an understanding and agreement. Whether anything catch fire, or break or seller just opt to sell or buyer say him no do again, both of them will reach an agreement on how to proceed. In this case the seller acted unanimously.

Have you also thought of this: he informs buyer there's someone offering a higher price (knowing very well the buyer was intent on reselling, he wasn't hiding it), and it could go two ways....buyer could say, ok sell it and let's share the profit or he might decide not to sell at all, and perhaps due to their cozy relationship opt to up his bid a bid to seller

Too many ways it could go Sir, but for the seller to just sell the item without consulting the owner and you say he's within his rights, thats a bad business practice. Cheers 😄

This is not reality anywhere

If I pay for goods and it gets damaged even while you are coming to deliver it you better give me a new one or my money back

There is a very good reason why insurance companies make profits off goods in transit all over the world
Re: by valarinz: 10:33am On Feb 01, 2023
BigCowHornn:

This is not reality anywhere

If I pay for goods and it gets damaged even while you are coming to deliver it you better give me a new one or my money back

There is a very good reason why insurance companies make profits off goods in transit all over the world

This is on the assumption you also paid for the shipping too. I know you'll give Jumia or Konga as an example, in which case you paid for the item and shipping seperately. It's now left for Jumia to insure their delivery process which is trickled down to you via your shipping fees.

The reality is, unless there was an arrangement for delivery or shipping which formed part of the payment, you will have to go pick up your item yourself.

Experience teaches people a lot of things too, I've sold a car to someone years back and agreed to help arrange driver to deliver it to Abuja. In summary, car ended the journey with towing van after the driver crashed it on the way. I had to cough out a majority of the repair expenses on top wetin no concern me, I sold a car in good shape but because I didn't properly define where my business ended to the buyer, he attached the delivery as part of my sale even though the delivery fee wasn't paid to me.

As you can see, I've changed model ever since, right there on my advert I'll state it clearly to you, physical inspection and verification must happen because when I sell car to you, our business ends. If driver carry car go crash for road, not my problem anymore, I won't even recommend driver to you now, you get your own driver.

If I decide to include delivery as part of my services then I'll charge a seperate fee for it like most companies who offer delivery services and will take responsibility for whatever happens in transit.

Now, how does this apply to the case of this TV now? Nothing about delivery was agreed upon before sale of this item, the seller only agreed to deliver based on his good mood. If the TV spoils in transit, I don't see how the buyer will request for his payment in full unless it's proven the TV was broken prior to the transportation. Since the buyer didn't pay for delivery, seller was only doing him a favour, don't you think?

2 Likes

Re: by valarinz: 10:37am On Feb 01, 2023
Alfred74:

Kids everywhere sad

First thing I did too was check who's posting, suffice to say on viewing that profile I decided a response is totally unnecessary, lmao 😂

4 Likes

Re: by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:14am On Feb 01, 2023
BigCowHornn:

Nonsensical mentality like yours is beginning to pass me off.

If biosilicon father was dying in hospital with 50k just needed to save his life would the honorable thing not be for you to foot the Bulls! Abi you no get money to throw Away?

Oya tell me story before honor kee you there

They refunded the fool his money in fu
l and you guys still want more. If it was your case now with the money with you'll stop chatting and go AWOL until EFCC, the air force and army combine to smoke you put.

Useless hypocrites

Alfred74:

Kids everywhere sad

1 Like

Re: by Ogbadibo80: 11:38am On Feb 01, 2023
Last time I looked at this thread it was just 2000+ views, currently aiming for 8000 views and counting.

2 Likes

Re: by BigCowHornn: 11:58am On Feb 01, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Best thing you can do for yourself is return that 400k to biosilicon so you have legal and ethical grounds to call him a fraudster

Mumu
Re: by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:04pm On Feb 01, 2023
BigCowHornn:

Best thing you can do for yourself is return that 400k to Nisilicon so you have legal and ethical grounds to call him a fraudster

Mumu oshi

BigCowHornn:

Apparently you are bitter jobless troll
Please carry on while we watch
grin grin grin grin

Mumu
Re: by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:05pm On Feb 01, 2023
BigCowHornn:

This scammer go and refund the money

Mumu

There is a button called REPORT, it solves a lot of problems

1 Like

Re: by BigCowHornn: 1:10pm On Feb 01, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

There is a button called REPORT, it solves a lot of problems

I wish it could solve a scanner problem like you

Mumu
Re: by 404Dev: 11:59pm On Feb 02, 2023
The op clearly doesn’t know or understand the meaning of the word “defraud”.

This is simply a bad business deal for the op but no one was defrauded of his money here.

What the seller did was morally and ethically wrong but again like many others have pointed out already morality is relative and what you consider ethical, another might not.

There is not wrong in the buyer sharing his ordeal here so that others can be aware of the business ethics of the seller but claiming he was defrauded by the seller is wrong and such never happened.

What the op is doing here is libel and according to our laws that is criminal.

A better title and narrative would have been “My bad business experience with …”

Wrongly claiming he was defrauded by the seller is exactly the same as the seller stole from him.

1 Share

Re: by Sablexxxtoons: 5:10pm On Feb 17, 2023
Which legality did Gazuzz. breach by posting the seller's name and account details here on this faceless forum?

You guys are sooo good at law and ethics here... It would have taken just a second for him to blur the seller's name? After collecting his full refund?

Is it endangerment or libel or defamation? That name willl come up in every google search in relation to a fraud allegation

Technically the seller is at fault... A one line caveat would have covered his ass

"This sale is Subject to revocation with full refund at any time prior to pickup by the buyer" (Lets call this the stiingy pricer clause" (lol oga for don come pick am the next day with this clause) ... should not always be used but when a person's price is not very palatable this clause is useful.

We learn everyday..Seller needs better negotiating skills.& Should have given a better excuse/ lie..(e.g my stupid cousins baby don't break am ooo!)

But nobody holy pass esp after exposing the person's name and bank account. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands

Like I said we live and learn. The lesson for all is to craft some legal clauses to cover your ass if the deal goes off and let the buyer be aware of these clauses ( they must be fair of course if the deal goes bad full refund is a must but who bears the risk before the goods reach the buyer? Clauses will cover you when those blue moon situations occur

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Hoodlums Raze INEC Office In Enugu (photos) / Five Policemen Detained For Killing & Burying A Cyclist In Lagos / Lady Brutally Killed Just Moments After She Was Spotted Dancing And Twerking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.