Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,007 members, 7,863,654 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:31 PM

Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary (50296 Views)

Lady Feels Pity For Poor Nigerians After Entering Okada For The 1st Time (video) / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by aujile(m): 2:55pm On Dec 28, 2022
quentin06:
OP you have answered your question. The movement of migrant workers from under developed economies to developed ones is the cause of the wage downward spiral. The western countries are looking for cheap labour, the idea of these free scholarships are to ultimately get cheap labour from other countries, I pity the locals because in the long run they re the ones being short changed, you can now understand the hostility towards migrants from the original residents of these countries.
Concise!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Neroo22: 2:56pm On Dec 28, 2022
Wen a bad leader is elected,u will understand is even better to be jobless nd collect social stipend than b in this shithole
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Ckonnet: 2:57pm On Dec 28, 2022
MT:

There was a pub shooting, killing a beautician in the UK on the 24th December. And there has been more crimes reported after that. Crime is everywhere. We can only continue to hope and pray for God's protection wherever we are.

Homicide happens everywhere but if you are claiming ignorance of what is happening in Nigeria now I mean the systematic killing and banditry that is happening all over the country to the extent of abuja been surrounded then no need replying you.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Ckonnet: 2:57pm On Dec 28, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
so people don't die like Rats! In the UK ? a woman was just killed while hanging out with friends in the club in Bristol . all die na die .Abi you prefer UK die.

Homicide happens everywhere but if you are claiming ignorance of what is happening in Nigeria now I mean the systematic killing and banditry that is happening all over the country to the extent of abuja been surrounded then no need replying you.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Mindcure: 2:57pm On Dec 28, 2022
dochenaj:

Do you suppose they people who travel out cannot become employers too?
You can provide the answer.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ednut1(m): 2:57pm On Dec 28, 2022
sukkot:
oh nigeria diaspora is 10m. we talking about first generation nigerians too because many of them send money home to relatives too. uk alone we are over 1 million. usa with first generation nigerians we are easily five million. canada about half a million, south africa about half a million, india about 100 thousand, south america about 1 million, other parts of africa like gambia and senegal etc about 1 million, other parts of europe about 1 million, other parts of asia about 700 thousand
Nigerians in Canada are less than 150k in usa they are less than 1m
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by sukkot: 3:03pm On Dec 28, 2022
nedekid:

Anyway, you that is not wicked, hope you have many people employed. Atleast, I try in my little way with quite a few workers currently.
Now, you judge me claiming paying 10k per month, how can you assume? Someone more reasonable said maybe it was the salary and I explained my manager for that business pays 30-40k for waitresses. And the person must live around the area so there is no transportation cost, also can make their food in the kitchen so they don't need to spend on feeding at work. That business is a bar, and compared to others it pays well. Resume by 11 am.
A business cannot pay more than its income, and I am no charity. Or you expect me to pay a lady in a bar in downtown outskirts of Lagos 100k per month? even in lekki, how much do they pay?
Anyway when you open your own pay 1m per month.
Girls now a days will rather hookup and make that money in 1 or 2 days hence they rather not work.
let me tell you my policy in life. my policy is that IT IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS KEEpING LOW pAID WORKERS AROUND YOU. if i open a business and cannot pay you at least 200k a month i would just do everything myself and not hire anybody. i just dont like having low paid workers in my vicinity because they bring down my vibration. they look angry all the time and are devising ways to scheme and plot to steal or maybe even kill or kidnap you. i cant have that kind of energy around me. its best for me to man the bar myself and cook the food and serve the drinks all by myself than hire low paid workers. its just my philosophy .

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by MT: 3:04pm On Dec 28, 2022
Ckonnet:

You don't need to reply to me, it bring no dime into my pocket. I detest this idea where you people project western nations like crime free society.

Do you know how many people die in the US through gun? Do you know how many mass shootings happen in the western world?

Nigeria could be anything bad but she is not leading when it comes to crime.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by sukkot: 3:06pm On Dec 28, 2022
ednut1:
first generation and undocumented and etc etc.

According to the UN migration data portal, there were 1.3 million emigrants from Nigeria in 2017, which represented 0.6% of the total population (net migration is ~300,000 in the last 5 years).

thats 2017 aloneeeeeee

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by pocohantas(f): 3:08pm On Dec 28, 2022
Kaycee54321:

That cooking ehn. Jeez. It has been HELL. You need to see me on Saturdays. Kudos to you oh

Truly it is hard, but once you have the determination, you just find keep going.

By past 10am I messaged a restaurant my friend recommended for afang. They said their smaller bowl is N4500 with assorted - that normal fast food bowl o! Delivery na N700, but afang never ready until 12pm. I come check am, everything dey house except the leaves and meat. With 10k I go run big bowl of afang that is way better than what they want to sell for me. Naso I wear clothe begin go market. As I dey type this comment, wetin remain na to put afang leaf. I told them I will check back, maybe next year sha. grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Popesuccess(m): 3:13pm On Dec 28, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Almost all workers are complaining in the UK and everbody is on strike on wage issue from trainr drivers to ambulance to teachers to nurses to university on strike They are complaining of poor pay debt and leaving the job . But Nigerians that are well paid are also leaving on student visa to join the strike in the .UK or cannot see the cost of living crisis in the UK . Is there something else

You don't know how unsafe this country is? People are been killed, kidnapped, raped on daily basis without help from the government. In some area here in Abuja kidnappers are coming to people houses to kidnap them. No single state or federal road is safe in this country, people travel with their hearts in their hands. What use is money when you are not safe.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by KaptainAfrika: 3:16pm On Dec 28, 2022
Their "poor salary" is still higher than your minimum wage.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by EvangDrGeo: 3:17pm On Dec 28, 2022
ednut1:
first of all you don’t qualify for immigration as it is. Till you get like 2 years work experience. Even if you get invitation letter you are not likely to get visit visa based on home ties. That someone has travelled does not mean the process they used is still available. I went with express entry that required high scores in ielts, degree, 3 years experience. The scores i used to enter then in 2019 is too low today because of increased competition. The travel section on nairaland has threads on different migration processes to uk, Canada and all those countries. Read them

https://www.nairaland.com/6748312/uk-skilled-worker-visa-health

Brother. I have 10 years works experience. I have been a practicing Doctor since 2012.

I just started my residency in Psychiatry Medicine in OAUTH a year ago.

Residency means specializing. It doesn't mean I'm a fresh Doctor.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by vikstandon(m): 3:17pm On Dec 28, 2022
Jokerman:

You can imagine

Someone whom I know went to Australia and started doing cleaning.... I know what he makes per month.

But that place far
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by nedekid: 3:17pm On Dec 28, 2022
sukkot:
let me tell you my policy in life. my policy is that IT IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS KEEpING LOW pAID WORKERS AROUND YOU. if i open a business and cannot pay you at least 200k a month i would just do everything myself and not hire anybody. i just dont like having low paid workers in my vicinity because they bring down my vibration. they look angry all the time and are devising ways to scheme and plot to steal or maybe even kill or kidnap you. i cant have that kind of energy around me. its best for me to man the bar myself and cook the food and serve the drinks all by myself than hire low paid workers. its just my philosophy .
I feel you. But the reality on ground is that minimum wage is how much again? 20 or 30k. Most states I understand dont even pay.
The fact is that people have to earn money, but the business capacity say otherwise. If everyone follows your well intended logic, then alot of people will be unemployed and the crime you wish to avoid will be higher.
As kids we had pictures of red Ferraris and lambos on our wall, but today we drive Hondas and toyotas. You get it?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by HomoSapiien: 3:18pm On Dec 28, 2022
Jokerman:

You can imagine

Someone whom I know went to Australia and started doing cleaning.... I know what he makes per month.

How can one go to Australia? I don’t mind even if na to clean up and down too.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by sukkot: 3:21pm On Dec 28, 2022
nedekid:

I feel you. But the reality on ground is that minimum wage is how much again? 20 or 30k. Most states I understand dont even pay.
The fact is that people have to earn money, but the business capacity say otherwise. If everyone follows your well intended logic, then alot of people will be unemployed and the crime you wish to avoid will be higher.
As kids we had pictures of red Ferraris and labos on our wall, but today we drive Hondas and toyotas. You get it?
i get you but make sure you have a gun when you are paying people these amounts. and make sure they see the gun too lol grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by hustla(m): 3:24pm On Dec 28, 2022
Sweetvie:
Way better
You can't even compare the two
Australia is on another level smiley

Are you in au?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ednut1(m): 3:29pm On Dec 28, 2022
EvangDrGeo:

Brother. I have 10 years works experience. I have been a practicing Doctor since 2012.

I just started my residency in Psychiatry Medicine in OAUTH a year ago.

Residency means specializing. It doesn't mean I'm a fresh Doctor.
uk is your best bet via plab abi wetin una dey call am. For Canada express entry if you are above 31 years its hard to meet the points required. Best bet go to uk for 2 years from there enter Canada with work permit.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ahiboilandgas: 3:30pm On Dec 28, 2022
ednut1:
you and your 20bn USD quotes to feel cool . The Nigeria economy is around 500bn USD so una remittance to una poor relatives is just 2.5 of the economy! And who told you it only from the western world is remittance be sent ?there over 400,000 aboki guys that have JAPA to Saudi Arabia also sending riyals and USD since 1900 .some even JAPA in the 1890 and are very wealthy .Some JAPA to Sudan to trade ,Oman, dubal and are all sending money .home the richest Man in Central Africa republic is hausa/fulani chap worth 300 m USD and supply plane to UN operation. So be calming down .

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by nedekid: 3:31pm On Dec 28, 2022
sukkot:
i get you but make sure you have a gun when you are paying people these amounts. and make sure they see the gun too lol grin
Lol, I get a salary schedule from each of the ogas of each of my small small businesses, I send the money. They pay their workers.
See, I have others the workers earn way much higher since they work on commission. Each time they work, they get 10% of the income. Ie on 150k trip, the fellow gets 15k. They do that several times a week. So it varies. If he works out 10 trips a week, he makes 150k. Last 7 days he did 6 trips. Business has to pay from what it earns.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ednut1(m): 3:37pm On Dec 28, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
you and your 20bn USD quotes to feel cool . The Nigeria economy is around 500bn USD so una remittance to una poor relatives is just 2.5 of the economy! And who told you it only from the western world is remittance be sent ?there over 400,000 aboki guys that have JAPA to Saudi Arabia also sending riyals and USD since 1900 .some even JAPA in the 1890 and are very wealthy .Some JAPA to Sudan to trade ,Oman, dubal and are all sending money .home the richest Man in Central Africa republic is hausa/fulani chap worth 300 m USD and supply plane to UN operation. So be calming down .
the total revenue for 2022 budgets in Nigeria was less than or equal diaspora remittances. We sabi you well for this nairaland. Make we no go dig up your posts on relocating to ireland that year.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by petitejolie(f): 3:39pm On Dec 28, 2022
Jokerman:

You can imagine

but that place far ehnnnn
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Dirtyyansh: 3:52pm On Dec 28, 2022
freddie009:

Obobi 2.8 meters, Canada takes almost a year to get a reply. Is the Australia process straightforward?

Yes, as long as you can pay 50% of your tuition for the first year, you are good to go.
I work with an agency that's the number 1 in Africa. No agency fee attached.
You can leave me a message, I will guide you.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by CyberWolf: 3:57pm On Dec 28, 2022
lajid:

I’m actually even thinking of hopefully see if I can relocate to Australia or Canada through a big four brand. I don’t like UK heard things are too expensive there. At least you can still save more in the other countries
This same UK wey I Dey Abi another one? UK is expensive this and that, all na lie. Plan and manage yourself very well and you’re good to go. I know how much guys are making in construction here, ordinary crane operator are making way above some bank managers in UK here.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ahiboilandgas: 3:58pm On Dec 28, 2022
ednut1:
the total revenue for 2022 budgets in Nigeria was less than or equal diaspora remittances. We sabi you well for this nairaland. Make we no go dig up your posts on relocating to ireland that year.
your are confused honestly! Smart person critically evaluate any prospects .relocating included . With extensive discussion many can now understand the pros and the cons . Unlike the paradise picture japarains/ travel agents paint . It's to extensively request info on a Nation if
to make inform choices .but now we now that ireland is having housing crisis , room go for 700 euro per month and many end in in shared room with strangers . We now know that those houses and car used abroad are debt and we are better off in Nigeria . Even my brother that went to the ireland is back with a a better option than care jobs

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ahiboilandgas: 4:01pm On Dec 28, 2022
ednut1:
revenue and remittance are tow different thing! Revenue is for expense to run the state please add state and LG income too while you 50 USD una dey Manage to send per japarian is your Mama to eat ! So how does concern other people. You send Money to your MaMa for village .
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by NohurryInLife: 4:17pm On Dec 28, 2022
[quote author=lajid post=119493848]

Pwc, Deloitte, kpmg and EY known as the big four. They are professional service offering firms with multinational presence.
I get now. Thanks fam
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by juman(m): 4:17pm On Dec 28, 2022
dochenaj:
Can you tell us your definition of a comfortable life here in Nigeria.

And your estimation of how many people are living it?

Anybody that doing job that is progressively and steadily expanding and rewarding to the extent you have one or more cars, you have you little house you built, you can pay your bills easily, then you are comfortable.
You can do bore hole in your house to get water and install solar panels to get constant electricity.

Dont sell your business and properties to go abroad.

But if you are sapa guy, and you are not lazy ass, abroad might be option for you.
But in nigeria you can also make it like your cousin or neighbours that are doing well. Just be more hardworking.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by NohurryInLife: 4:19pm On Dec 28, 2022
lajid:

Pwc, Deloitte, kpmg and EY known as the big four. They are professional service offering firms with multinational presence.
I get now. Thanks Fam.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 4:32pm On Dec 28, 2022
gypsey:
Maybe, besides i didn't confine menial jobs to nigerians alone, i meant, in general. I have come across many nigerians in menial jobs. By menial jobs what did you think i meant? Anyone working at a train station cleaning, checking tickets, train conductors, traffick wardens, waiter in a restuarant, refuse loader or a road sweeper,all are classed as menial jobs. Nigerians do these jobs.
Jobs like Restaurant Waiters, Refuse loaders, road sweepers are not for Nigerians, these are mainly done by Eastern Europeans.
Traffic Wardens are no longer called that as the name changed by Law, they are now called Civil Enforcement Officers and their Job is now divers, they enforce any law or B/Law by the council that the police do not enforce, They are now above the £30k margin for starters. With Road sweepers I will agree that that's a menial Job but this is populated by eastern Europeans as no need to speak English and they work by themselves. They are vastly Employed by their own Agencies which more often than non owned by an Eastern European firm. I laugh you are calling a train Conductor job Menial their pay is btw £23-£35k a year. Vast majority of them you see on trains already hold a train drivers licence just waiting for positions.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Emir01: 4:33pm On Dec 28, 2022
Gerrard59:

Nigerans are the at bottom of the Maslow Hierarchy of Needs compared to British citizens. Both parties don't see issues with the same eyes. It is like saying a Haitian should not aspire to work in Nigeria considering Nigeria's issues. Or someone living Gombe should not move to Lagos to look for work because Lagos is expensive.

People take actions using their economic conditions as the major reason. You people should learn a thing or two about basic economics. It is tiring at this point. Shey una follow attend public universities like I did?

Brilliant!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (23) (Reply)

Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest / Sallah Day Boat Mishap At Apapa: Many Dead / Father Almost Crushed His Son Who Was Hiding Under His Car (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.