Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,551 members, 7,861,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:36 PM

Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary (50255 Views)

Lady Feels Pity For Poor Nigerians After Entering Okada For The 1st Time (video) / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 4:33pm On Dec 28, 2022
ibkayee:

My friend has been to Sao Paulo before and she loved it, check travel review sites for people's experiences
Will do thanks
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 4:34pm On Dec 28, 2022
ibkayee:

It must be more than 10% o lol, with an annual salary of £60k, banks are loaning you around £270k max, meaning you'll need to cough up about 40% for the deposit which is £180k

Yeah you're in a much better position with 70k salary and a 70k deposit but you still won't be able to afford the 450k house either

Its easy for a person with such salary to borrow, it all adds up. People who own these houses in such rate are on that salary bracket
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ibkayee(f): 4:38pm On Dec 28, 2022
erico2k2:

Its easy for a person with such salary to borrow, it all adds up. People who own these houses in such rate are on that salary bracket
The max a £60k earner can borrow from a bank for a mortgage in the UK is £270k (depending on his credit), ok let's say he has a 10% deposit already (£45k) where will he easily borrow the remaining £135k from?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by EvangDrGeo: 4:40pm On Dec 28, 2022
ednut1:
uk is your best bet via plab abi wetin una dey call am. For Canada express entry if you are above 31 years its hard to meet the points required. Best bet go to uk for 2 years from there enter Canada with work permit.

I am above 31. I am 36. What the points required? Hope I'm not asking too much.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 4:41pm On Dec 28, 2022
ibkayee:

The max a £60k earner can borrow from a bank for a mortgage in the UK is £270k (depending on his credit), ok let's say he has a 10% deposit already (£45k) where will he easily borrow the remaining £135k from?
Initial savings?
I know howmuch I saved between 2001 to 2008 to get a mortgage at that time, so do not underxtimate the will n mind power.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by bdon123(m): 4:42pm On Dec 28, 2022
Suspectzero:

Shallow, poverty induced mindsets. Full of envy and bad wishes.
Shallow minds can never understand....this same naija wey u dey,i hav friend earning 2m bt still resign job japa

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Emir01: 4:42pm On Dec 28, 2022
ednut1:
most of the anti japa people on this section have been exposed already. They at one point wanted to japa and failed, from aligas to muno what ever his moniker is. You are now anti japa abeg wetin you dey find for travel section.

Nothing special about japa, the noise is just too much, we are not among the top ten japaing country. Just pray for the best and be hardworking wenever you find yasef. People are buying houses and cars here. Nothing wrong to travel overseas. People are making stupid money here too.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Spandau: 4:43pm On Dec 28, 2022
sukkot:
oh nigeria diaspora is 10m. we talking about first generation nigerians too because many of them send money home to relatives too. uk alone we are over 1 million. usa with first generation nigerians we are easily five million. canada about half a million, south africa about half a million, india about 100 thousand, south america about 1 million, other parts of africa like gambia and senegal etc about 1 million, other parts of europe about 1 million, other parts of asia about 700 thousand

Oluwasukkot, that your stats about Nigerians in the US, infact, all your stats is over hyped. Kilode?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Lekan239(m): 4:44pm On Dec 28, 2022
ednut1:
while i was in Nigeria i could not save 200k comfortably in my audit firm job, driving a 2005 car, no money for holiday, access to world class healthcare equipment lol. In Canada at same audit firm, i could easily save 2k Canadian dols after tax and bills, drive a modern car, afford holidays etc. left the audit firm after a year to a better job. Do as you like your body go tell lol
but you save millions that you use in japaing. Abi did you borrow money and japa
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ibkayee(f): 4:45pm On Dec 28, 2022
erico2k2:

Initial savings?
I know howmuch I saved between 2001 to 2008 to get a mortgage at that time, so do not underxtimate the will n mind power.
Ok well if you somehow have initial savings of £135k, you should be fine and dandy. A 40% deposit will put you in a good place

Don't forget money for legal fees too (£2-10k)
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 4:48pm On Dec 28, 2022
ibkayee:

Ok well if you somehow have initial savings of £135k, you should be fine and dandy. A 40% deposit will put you in a good place

Don't forget money for legal fees too (£2-10k)
Oh yeh legal go without saying we don spend 22 years ontop this mater grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ibkayee(f): 4:50pm On Dec 28, 2022
erico2k2:

Oh yeh legal go without saying we don spend 22 years ontop this mater grin grin grin
Good good grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by achimendy(m): 4:50pm On Dec 28, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Almost all workers are complaining in the UK and everbody is on strike on wage issue from trainr drivers to ambulance to teachers to nurses to university on strike They are complaining of poor pay debt and leaving the job . But Nigerians that are well paid are also leaving on student visa to join the strike in the .UK or cannot see the cost of living crisis in the UK . Is there something else

That's an organised society , the system works properly. So don't blame them, they have to support their colleagues.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 4:53pm On Dec 28, 2022
Lekan239:
but you save millions that you use in japaing. Abi did you borrow money and japa
U still dont gerriit, Japa is fast lane, quick way to have initial money only if You have a plan and stick to it.I know a lady who just came via sponsorship route, she spent up to 6m to get here, she pack up her building material shop to do so.Now he has a plan sending 6m back to Nigeria nah change for hand cos as it stands that's less the £8k.U can imagine how long it took to gather N6m via trade in such way. So I think she is targeting N50m to go back Nigeria continue teh Biz she left, not only with that, plus a shiny Blue passport too. Kids future secured too.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Enemyofpeace: 4:53pm On Dec 28, 2022
Jokerman:

I'm not a Muslim sir
Christians live there too
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by bdon123(m): 5:02pm On Dec 28, 2022
obailala:

What's the essence of having money if you're not sure of getting home each day without a bullet in your chest?

People are leaving Nigeria largely cos of the damning insecurity. Also, whilst there's cureently a crazy inflation in the UK, there's also mad mad mad inflation in Nigeria.
Exact answer i give those who always ask me why i want to leave a job in naija that pays me well.Some baga even was arguing wit me here in nairaland that lekki is safe ...he will remain on Island instead of to Japa.Ses now police bullet don end pregnant woman for Ajah.
Wat u earn in naija doesnt matter if u cannot live safely without fear .
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Kingluqman(m): 5:03pm On Dec 28, 2022
Parachoko:
If nah USA link you get, go USA.
Okay Sir
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Kaycee54321(m): 5:05pm On Dec 28, 2022
pocohantas:

Truly it is hard, but once you have the determination, you just find keep going.

By past 10am I messaged a restaurant my friend recommended for afang. They said their smaller bowl is N4500 with assorted - that normal fast food bowl o! Delivery na N700, but afang never ready until 12pm. I come check am, everything dey house except the leaves and meat. With 10k I go run big bowl of afang that is way better than what they want to sell for me. Naso I wear clothe begin go market. As I dey type this comment, wetin remain na to put afang leaf. I told them I will check back, maybe next year sha. grin grin

Make I carry small plastic reach your side? embarassed

I serious die
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by bdon123(m): 5:07pm On Dec 28, 2022
Boss13:

You could drive a modern car based on credit finance. Nigeria is a cash based economy. This is what Tinubu is trying to change.
Yeah i heard he also trying to make more cocain available on all street in Nigeria....jst like modern societies.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by pocohantas(f): 5:07pm On Dec 28, 2022
Kaycee54321:

Make I carry small plastic reach your side? embarassed

I serious die

I no wan give. Go and cook your own! tongue tongue
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by bdon123(m): 5:10pm On Dec 28, 2022
Horokrox:
Also Moldova is a great country grin
I disagree
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Kaycee54321(m): 5:10pm On Dec 28, 2022
pocohantas:

I no wan give. Go and cook your own! tongue tongue

Ị na awọ njọ embarassed

Diaris God oh

Enjoy Nne kiss

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Lekan239(m): 5:12pm On Dec 28, 2022
erico2k2:

U still dont gerriit, Japa is fast lane, quick way to have initial money only if You have a plan and stick to it.I know a lady who just came via sponsorship route, she spent up to 6m to get here, she pack up her building material shop to do so.Now he has a plan sending 6m back to Nigeria nah change for hand cos as it stands that's less the £8k.U can imagine how long it took to gather N6m via trade in such way. So I think she is targeting N50m to go back Nigeria continue teh Biz she left, not only with that, plus a shiny Blue passport too. Kids future secured too.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Phyde: 5:26pm On Dec 28, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Austrailia very high salaries .some guys earn over 200 k USD. Per year
Boss, we really missed your updates on our Treasury Bills Thread.
Why you come Japa naa?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ednut1(m): 5:26pm On Dec 28, 2022
Lekan239:
I didn’t japa with student visa so I didn’t spend millions. My original flight ticket was 250k and what i spent on the processing was less than 1m. But covid struck and airport was locked. I later paid for an evacuation flight through togo that cost 1m when airports in Nigeria were closed.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ednut1(m): 5:27pm On Dec 28, 2022
EvangDrGeo:

I am above 31. I am 36. What the points required? Hope I'm not asking too much.
https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled this is the thread go and read it. At 36 you cant get enough points unless u learn French or have a younger wife
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by freddie009(m): 5:32pm On Dec 28, 2022
Dirtyyansh:

Yes, as long as you can pay 50% of your tuition for the first year, you are good to go.
I work with an agency that's the number 1 in Africa. No agency fee attached.
You can leave me a message, I will guide you.

Lol, baba I non get money for tuition. Besides I don tire to read book. Skill visa, I want.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by 9ty4our: 5:40pm On Dec 28, 2022
Tell them to come an work in Nigeria instead.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ahiboilandgas: 5:50pm On Dec 28, 2022
ednut1:
I didn’t japa with student visa so I didn’t spend millions. My original flight ticket was 250k and what i spent on the processing was less than 1m. But covid struck and airport was locked. I later paid for an evacuation flight through togo that cost 1m when airports in Nigeria were closed.
this small chap for don JAPA dey do janitor or cleaning poo of a wrinkle granny .but he here living the the imagination of most japarians

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by kunle75(m): 5:58pm On Dec 28, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Almost all workers are complaining in the UK and everbody is on strike on wage issue from trainr drivers to ambulance to teachers to nurses to university on strike They are complaining of poor pay debt and leaving the job . But Nigerians that are well paid are also leaving on student visa to join the strike in the .UK or cannot see the cost of living crisis in the UK . Is there something else

The insecurities in Naija is enough a good reason and the epileptic power supply.
They will figure out why UK workers refused to work when they arrive.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by sukkot: 6:00pm On Dec 28, 2022
Spandau:

Oluwasukkot, that your stats about Nigerians in the US, infact, all your stats is over hyped. Kilode?
lol bro grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Itsrm(m): 6:01pm On Dec 28, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
this small chap for don JAPA dey do janitor or cleaning poo of a wrinkle granny .but he here living the the imagination of most japarians

Show us your own na cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Reply)

Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One / Man Spotted Cows Matching At Night In Abuja / Some Pictures Of Abakaliki At Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.